The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe + Sneak no longer stunning any enemy?

Adam_Chattaway
Adam_Chattaway
✭✭✭✭
is this a nerf or something? i've tried it on mobs and in pvp but attacking with my bow from stealth no longer stuns enemy?
I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good :)
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a nice change, I fully support it.
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Good? so make bow nerfed to the point it's now the most useless and utterly pointless skill line and weapon in the game when its a staple big dps weapon of Any RPG game in history and you say GOOD with a smiley face? fml... you guys are soo woke.
    Edited by Adam_Chattaway on March 19, 2021 4:07PM
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good? so make bow nerfed to the point it's now the most useless and utterly pointless skill line and weapon in the game when its a staple big dps weapon of Any RPG game in history and you say GOOD with a smiley face? fml... you guys are soo woke.

Have you played the Might & Magic series? Bow is useless in that game so that statement isn't correct. Not sure that makes us woke.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surprise Attack stuns if you flank your target, have you tried that?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Surprise Attack stuns if you flank your target, have you tried that?

How does that help me as bow/bow? or ranged in general? Snipe now does weak damage, so it hits doesn't stun, enemy is not affected by it's *** tap light damage then they just easily out heal it like it's nothing...
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the bug forums. Zos haven't said anythign ive seen but everyone assumes a bug because they havent changed the passives which extend the stun from sneak
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    See the bug forums. Zos haven't said anythign ive seen but everyone assumes a bug because they havent changed the passives which extend the stun from sneak

That's a pretty big F up in terms of bugs but then again... as the god T O Double D Howard says:

It just works...
    Edited by Adam_Chattaway on March 19, 2021 4:39PM
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka classes are slotting radiant magelight to prevent stuns from sneak for themselves and all party members in 12 m radius. So no one's getting snipe stunned near those who don't want to be sniped stunned.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dueled someone after the patch came out and deliberately let them sneak attack me with a bow and the stun seems to be just gone. I run Inner Light not Radiant Magelight so it couldn't have been that. I'm guessing it's a bug because I don't even think the sneak attack bonus applied to the attack.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either "stealth" nerf, or a bug, since nothing like this was mentioned on patch notes.

Also, LT & HT from stealth do not seem to stun enemies.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 19, 2021 8:26PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]
    Tbh. I say it to every Mag Sorc that streak away when low on health / magicka / stamina / shields or whatever... :D

Besides, even game itself says it, during loading screens:
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Loading_Screens_(Online)
    "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use Skill Points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day."
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 19, 2021 9:28PM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of posts, we would like to remind everyone that all posts should stick to the topic of the thread.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    The target may have had Radiant Magelight slotted which prevents the stun from sneak attacks.

https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/radiant-magelight
    Edited by Sahidom on March 19, 2021 9:45PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sahidom wrote: »
    The target may have had Radiant Magelight slotted which prevents the stun from sneak attacks.

I doubt that any NPC had it slotted.
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if the OP could post some video of this bug so we can understand better.
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭

Imagine saying good in response to removing low skill low effort and over rewarding gameplay and all you can say is “soo woke”. My effect permeates.

For the Queen bby
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    is this a nerf or something? i've tried it on mobs and in pvp but attacking with my bow from stealth no longer stuns enemy?

For pvp, snipe has been nerfed into the ground,especially with the no-stun from sneak bug which came with update 29.

Still useable in pve with the Vateshran bow.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sahidom wrote: »

I doubt that any NPC had it slotted.

Now your treading into ZOS world. The combat mechanics rules are different in player versus monsters scenarios. Ask any Dragonknight why Fossilize is often greyed out, or the Sorcerers Rune Prison being greyed out too. These skills, similar to stuns, are "on hold" when the target is under CC immunity.
    Edited by Sahidom on March 20, 2021 7:51AM
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bow is actually buffed. Snipe is better to weave with = DPS increase. I assume, you speak about PvE because you mention that bow is staple DPS weapon in other rpg games.
    If you speak about PvP, not sure that damage per second is important there, because I am not "pvping" much and when I do, I build for burst damage.

Have you played the Might & Magic series? Bow is useless in that game so that statement isn't correct. Not sure that makes us woke.
    Actually, in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic bow is good weapon. xD

Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow is just terrible now. The animations are bugged, clunky and look awful.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good 😁
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Bow is balanced now. The [snip] snipe desync from stealth playstyle had no counterplay. Your characters freeze and was died 2 secconds later by 4 snipes from 28m. How is that good PvP?

[snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 20, 2021 3:43PM
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bow is balanced now. The [snip] snipe desync from stealth playstyle had no counterplay. Your characters freeze and was died 2 secconds later by 4 snipes from 28m. How is that good PvP?

[snip]

Tell me how does a bow deal with a melee DPS or spell DPS that can lcose the gap and gank them in a second or spam roll all their bow attacks? Bow skill line is boring asf and has no burse now but has all the vulnerability of a medium armoured ranged class. this is not world of warcraft you can't perma daze and slow people from 40m range
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 20, 2021 3:43PM
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

Tell me how does a bow deal with a melee DPS or spell DPS that can lcose the gap and gank them in a second or spam roll all their bow attacks? Bow skill line is boring asf and has no burse now but has all the vulnerability of a medium armoured ranged class. this is not world of warcraft you can't perma daze and slow people from 40m range

We are talking about offensive capacity here, not defensive (snipe is the topic and it´s used offensively)
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip]

We are talking about offensive capacity here, not defensive (snipe is the topic and it´s used offensively)

Nerf Snipe from an hard hitting ambush attack and then the topic becomes defensive because soon as that weak asf snipe hits you, they do 2-3 rolls towards you then bend you over and kill you.
    Edited by Adam_Chattaway on March 20, 2021 5:17PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Just like every other weapon; use your abilities (which work perfectly fine at point blank range), slot some defensive skills, and prepare to dodge, block, LOS, heal, just like every other weapon user must.
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Just like every other weapon; use your abilities (which work perfectly fine at point blank range), slot some defensive skills, and prepare to dodge, block, LOS, heal, just like every other weapon user must.

Wait are you trying to compare BOW in Melee to Dual Wield or 2H?
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did we lose weapon swapping? If you're bow/bow you're gonna have it harder than the typical bow/2H. They can pew pew and swing away. Or did you crutch so hard on desyncs that you never learned to actually fight in melee?
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find more impressive is that snipe has 600 more damage on its tooltip than poision skulls and still has a 0. 8 cast time yet I have seen people still complain about snipe lol