The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

CP 2.0 FAQ

ZOS_SamL
ZOS_SamL
admin
CP 2.0 FAQ

Hey everyone,

The following FAQ is based on questions that our official ESO Stream Team members recently asked during a meeting on February 16 (Week 4 of PTS testing) with developers and ESO Community Managers. The most common questions have been reflected here for public use. Note that some questions that refer to "future testing" may already have been scrapped or are still being tested before it reaches Live.

As a reminder, CP 2.0 will be on the Live Servers on March 8 for PC/Mac and on March 16 for PS4/Xbox One. Numbers are always subject to change based on feedback and Live balance.

1. Will the CP 2.0 cap raising to 3600 mean all our CP from 1.0 will scale up? Is the experience growth in CP2.0 different from CP1.0?
No, your CP will not scale up. However, we will be changing the experience growth scale so that players under CP 1800 will grow very quickly. Compared to CP1.0, a fresh new player would need 56% LESS experience to reach max CP cap in CP2.0 (3600). As a reminder, you don’t need to be max CP to do well!
CP 1800 is the new expected curve for diminishing experience, but Enlightenment is the same.
Around CP 2000, there are no more passives to unlock, but you will have access to Quality of Life changes.
An 810 on CP1.0 will feel just as strong walking into CP2.0.

2. If the current meta in CP1.0 is for a player to be around CP 300+ to complete a competitive veteran trial, what is the equivalent CP that players should try to “hit” for CP2.0? Is any of the dungeon content harder to reflect the higher CP2.0 cap?
We didn’t change the difficulty requirements for dungeon finder. 300-600 CP is where ideally, you should be able to do vet content.
If you’re aiming for a leaderboard CP, you’ll probably need to be around 800-1100. The majority of the player-base right now sits around CP 410.
If you’re at CP1.0 810, you should be able to do all of the exact same content with CP2.0.
There is also no affect to the battlegrounds with the CP changes.
The cap on gear has been at 160 forever, and we don’t foresee that changing anytime soon either.

3. There have been concerns about players having very high HP and HP regen with the new CP system… How does CP2.0 balance this?
Back in Update 28 we reached better balance with Majors and Minors, which reduced the total amount of Healing obtained from Major and Minor Mending + Vitality. We've also recently reduced Major and Minor Recovery related bonuses, including Fortitude, which should help take some of the edge off Health Recovery. We're also investigating leveraging Battle Spirit for future adjustments to Health Recovery as well, if need be.

4. How will you combat the gap between low CP and high CP players?
In CP 2.0, you will have a finite number of passives but an infinite number of slottables. With this new system, we as developers can continue to build and add more active or slottables to give more choices for players. With a smaller number of passives and cool and exciting things in slottables, this should help control the power gap.

5. Total DPS output seems lower in CP2.0. What’s the reasoning for this? Will tanks/healers get more utility in CP2.0?

The overall goal was to reduce the power of high end damage and efficiency by 15-20% with CP 2.0, as there is a significant delta in power between many players. However, due to the penetration bug we saw on LIVE and PTS, we didn't fully reach that goal, and will continue investigating solutions, such as potentially reducing passive power from the CP system further, as well as looking into more outlying problems.
For healers, we recognize that the healing tree is limited right now. We do have plans to try and expand the healing tree further in terms of slottable nodes. (see #7)
For tanks, no large changes from CP1.0 to CP2.0 at this time.

6. Will there be new tutorials covering the CP2.0 changes?

The new tutorial will not talk about CP, but there will be in-game tutorials covering it. We’ve also talked about adding in a CP advisor, like the skill advisor, but we have nothing planned at the moment.

7. Will there be more crafting trees or skill lines in the future?
It’s possible to add more! Something we’re happy with in CP 2.0 is that the crafting tree, non-combat system will play a larger role in CP now, which reflects what all players participate in. This will also let us tie those aspects of the tree into other aspects of the game.
We’ll also be monitoring the economy with the new crafting bonuses very closely.
Edited by ZOS_SamL on March 3, 2021 7:18PM
Staff Post
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be misunderstanding, but did that "15-20%" damage nerf on PTS make it into live? If so, that is extreme. I'm pretty sure that the number of players struggling to meet passable DPS numbers is an order of magnitude greater than the number of players who can just waltz through vet dungeon content unscathed. There's also a big difference between DLC vet dungeons and base-game vet dungeons. We should absolutely have more players able to run wildly through the latter, easier content, on account of it being objectively easier. That's not a design problem, it's the expected outcome.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not cool that CP doesn't scale up. We've all been grinding post 810 CP in slow motion for years hoping for some future pay out. Newer players shouldn't catch up to us that fast. We put in the time, we should be rewarded for our work.
    Edited by Giraffon on March 3, 2021 4:14PM
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also wonder, what the effect of this will be in pvp, its already lots of very tanky builds in pvp and organized groups will be even harder to kill. Based on the present test without proc sets which many like at least partly because the fights require more skill and dont drag out for eons of time, I am afraid that pvp will be hit hard by this change at least if the procsets are comming back.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP should have been re-scaled on to match XP earned for all players. Older players are really feeling cheated right now. It's not fair that newer players will not have to spend the same amount of time grinding XP to hit 1800 CP or any other arbitrary CP level.

I feel very strongly that someone authoritative from the dev team should at least explain their reasoning for this.

Edited by Emma_Overload on March 3, 2021 3:58PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 15-20% damage reduction at max CP doesn’t sound compatible with the statement “An 810 on CP1.0 will feel just as strong walking into CP2.0.”

What does Major/Minor Berserk and Force have to do with high HP + regen builds? And were Berserk or Force changed at all?

Are you saying that going from 0-3600 CPs takes 40% less experience than going from 0-810 currently? Or is that figure for 0-1800?
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 3, 2021 3:57PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there are going to be more crafting and non-combat slottables, can you please pay attention to fluid gameplay?

Right now, my Silencer can log into Belkarth, do her writs, repair her armor, sell off junk to vendors, pick a few pockets, murder a few folks, fence the loot, and then head out for her morning farming loop for materials and chests without ever having to slot or unslot anything. That's fluid gameplay. I didn't ever have to stop and think about my CP. I just played the game!

I'm not entirely sure what's driving the shift towards making players slot and unslot stars according to what they are doing in non-combat scenarios. Maybe my apparently fluid gameplay was generating too many calculations or server checks? I dunno.

Now, I'm a PC player. Chances are, someone will have an addon that fluidly swaps in the appropriate slottable when I go to repair my armor vs snagging the cornflower I spot on the way to the fence. But that's still a problem because addons aren't available for everyone. And in any case, I shouldn't be relying on an addon to recapture the fluid gameplay I used to have.

Please, when the Devs work on crafting and non-combat Champion Point passives and slottables, have a care for fluid gameplay!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am trying to square the circle of, "An 810 on CP1.0 will feel just as strong walking into CP2.0," with, "As a result, damage was reduced by 15-20%."

Removing 15%-20% of damage from the average player will make it very difficult for them to complete content they are completing now. Or is this only referring to top players? Are CP1.0 100k DPS going down to 80k in CP 2.0, but CP1.0 60k DPS are staying about the same or going up?

Because removing 20% DPS from mid-tier players is going to seriously impact their ability to complete content they can complete with CP1.0.
  • kindnuguz
    kindnuguz
    ✭✭
    Just curious,
    Does any of the testing team play on the live NA \ EU servers during peak times or any times ?
    The damage is not about what comes out on a spread sheet and calculator saying its this or that.
    It's about pressing a button , expecting that "damage" to go off but it don't and you press it 10 more times and finally you get it to go off once. All while getting smashed in the face.

I personally would rather have more damage because I'm hitting the target less times because it won't fire.
    When vet dungeons and trails gets crazy.. Things stop working, just like Cyrodiil.

I'm trying to understand, do we only want a small percent of players to be able to complete vet-Trails and vet-DLC dungeons ? ( and I am asking without any sarcasm )
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish that the craft tree section on the CP bar was larger, we're already sacrificing combat effectiveness by putting early cp points into this tree so then having to constantly swap things in and out does not make for compelling gameplay. I am very glad to see more perks/bonuses being introduced but the implementation will lead to frustration.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • FinrodMacBeorn
    FinrodMacBeorn
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I am trying to square the circle of, "An 810 on CP1.0 will feel just as strong walking into CP2.0," with, "As a result, damage was reduced by 15-20%."

Removing 15%-20% of damage from the average player will make it very difficult for them to complete content they are completing now. Or is this only referring to top players? Are CP1.0 100k DPS going down to 80k in CP 2.0, but CP1.0 60k DPS are staying about the same or going up?

Because removing 20% DPS from mid-tier players is going to seriously impact their ability to complete content they can complete with CP1.0.

It's not only damage reduction, but also increase of incoming damage if you do not have 1500+ cp. Of course, you can build for more survivability (e.g. Ring of the Pale Order for all DDs) for the price of even more damage lost. This may even work out; the fights become longer, but ressources seem to be less of a problem. Of course, if there are hard damage checks in the dungeon or trial ...
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_SamL wrote: »
    More power may be pulled from DPS in U30, but this will most likely be in the passives. This should reduce the amount of groups who can bulldoze through dungeon content with one tank and three DPS.

Ha. I'm not in the "you shouldn't be able to" party, but it's funny to see how devs go like "you are playing our content not the way we intended, time to stop"
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    In the current CP 1.0 after 810 it gets progressively harder to gain new CP's as the amount of Exp required increases as you get higher. This strategy is consistent for a vertical progression system and really it bothered no one as you could not assign any of these above 810 CP.

At point 1. above "CP 1800 is the new expected curve for diminishing experience....."

I am happy with CP 1800 as an endpoint. I never thought the curve would go out to CP 3600 and the placement of the curve end point allows ZOS to make adjustments over time as the game progresses.

With CP 2.0 the strategy is changed to a horizontal progression tree offering perhaps a more flexible approach for your character and allowing it to have differing roles from time to time.

CP 1800 is the midway point and there is another 1800 CP more which can be gained.

I am hoping that as the progression strategy has changed from vertical to horizontal then also you (ZOS) have looked at the CP Experience requirements after the cutoff.

Any player who has achieved CP 1800 has spent a considerable amount of time achieving that and "TIME in the Game" is something which is very precious.

Please can the Experience requirements for all CP after the Catch-Up Curve cutoff be equal giving a linear path for anyone wanting to chase the much higher CP.

This IS NOT about making the game easier but really by reducing time players put into grinding CP's then there will have more time to play game content :)

Thanks
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    More power may be pulled from DPS in U30, but this will most likely be in the passives. This should reduce the amount of groups who can bulldoze through dungeon content with one tank and three DPS.

Ha. I'm not in the "you shouldn't be able to" party, but it's funny to see how devs go like "you are playing our content not the way we intended, time to stop"

I do wonder if it’s the group composition they dislike or the damage. I often enjoy bulldozing through dungeon content with one tank, one healer and 2 DPS. Is that an acceptable way to play?
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if you're thinking much about the optics and general advisability of having this kind of conversation only with your Stream Team. I guess the class rep system is officially down the drain now? Shame.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

I do wonder if it’s the group composition they dislike or the damage. I often enjoy bulldozing through dungeon content with one tank, one healer and 2 DPS. Is that an acceptable way to play?

I suspect people skip more mechanics with 3DD 1T. Also, standard composition would also bulldoze less.
    Finn didn't put all those mechanics there just for you to skip them! ;)
    Edited by Nairinhe on March 3, 2021 5:26PM
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Majors and Minors will now be balanced more equally in CP2.0. In CP1.0, Berserk was always a better option than Force, for example. We rebalanced CP2.0 to avoid situations like this, but we’ll continue to monitor how it looks on live."
    This doesn't seem to answer the question asked at all.
    "the penetration bug on PTS was giving even higher DPS parse. As a result, damage was reduced by 15-20%."
    This doesn't make sense either. The penetration bug was causing much lower DPS. Now it is fixed and damage is back up to around 5-8% lower than live on most specs. I'm not sure where these numbers you guys are relaying are being pulled from.
    "For healers, we recognize that the healing tree is limited right now. We do have plans to try and expand the slotted capability of healing rather than relying on passive powers."
    Pretty sure the only passive that you don't have to slot for healing power is "blessed." So how does this make sense?

This whole post is very strange and out of touch with what is going on. Seems like it will cause unnecessary worry by just being incorrect.

EDIT: looks like the post has been corrected and a little more clear information given now, thank you!
    Edited by skinnycheeks on March 3, 2021 10:22PM
  • ZOS_SamL
    ZOS_SamL
    admin
    Updated this answer:

3. There have been concerns about players having very high HP and HP regen with the new CP system… How does CP2.0 balance this?
    We’re monitoring health regen and balancing max HP. It’s always been a problem that’s tricky and needs extensive testing. To try and counter HP regen, Majors and Minors will now be balanced more equally in CP2.0. In CP1.0, Berserk was always a better option than Force in almost every way, for example. We rebalanced CP2.0 to avoid situations like this so there are more viable build options, but we’ll continue to monitor how it looks on live.
    Staff Post
  • Foolebuilt_33
    Foolebuilt_33
    ✭✭✭
    This whole post is very strange and out of touch with what is going on. Seems like it will cause unnecessary worry by just being incorrect.
    [/quote]

That is exactly how I read it seems as if zos doesn't even know what they have going on in their own game (totally messed up the quoting btw)
    Edited by Foolebuilt_33 on March 3, 2021 6:16PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated this answer:

We’re monitoring health regen and balancing max HP. It’s always been a problem that’s tricky and needs extensive testing. To try and counter HP regen, Majors and Minors will now be balanced more equally in CP2.0. In CP1.0, Berserk was always a better option than Force in almost every way, for example. We rebalanced CP2.0 to avoid situations like this so there are more viable build options, but we’ll continue to monitor how it looks on live.

I still don’t understand how that answer relates to high HP or health regen builds.

I also disagree with the statement about Berserk/Force balance. In Markarth patch, both Major Berserk and Major Force result in just under 7% DPS increase for the typical PVE damage build, they are already well balanced. Nothing has changed with them directly, but indirect changes have caused Major Berserk to increase to around 8% DPS gain (with fewer additive % damage done bonuses from CP’s) while Major Force has dropped closer to 6% DPS because more crit damage is available (2 CP stars and Khajiit buff) and crit chance from sets and armor passives was reduced.

So these specific Major/Minor buffs are becoming less balanced, and also moving in the opposite direction of what is stated. I’m not particularly bothered by the state of Berserk or Force on live server or PTS, either is fine, but I don’t get why misinformation is being posted.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The majority of the player-base right now sits around CP 410.
    To anyone at CP 410 today, be advised that if your goal is to max out your vertical progression at CP 1800, similar to reaching CP 810 on live today, your goalpost just got over twice as far away.
    aGfSPps.png
    However, for anyone who mainly plays PVE content, I would recommend setting CP 1200 as your goal, not CP 1800. That will get you most of what you need from CP to be as effective at your role as you can for as little XP as possible, and the amount of XP required to reach that mark is somewhat close to what CP 810 costs on live today (about 21m XP more, when starting from CP 410).

CP 1800 is nice to top off a little bit of crit or extra off-resources, some small mitigation and combat ability cost reduction (e.g. sprint, dodge roll, block). However, from a practical standpoint, the incremental combat gains from those extra CP probably aren't worth grinding over.

Personally, after CP 1200, the first things I would probably invest points into would be unlocking extra active abilities for situational swapping (e.g. AOE for trash vs direct damage for bosses), not passives. In other words, I'd switch to horizontal progression at CP 1200.
    Edited by silvereyes on March 3, 2021 6:45PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A CP advisor? Interesting idea!

Something I'd like to add to the table is more transparency on what "type" different abilities are considered to be. This has been a challenge since the launch of the game, and the new CP system feels like an opportunity to address that. To be clearer on what I mean here, there are CP stars that enhance the following types of abilities:
    • single target effect
    • damage over time effect
    • area of effect

It isn't always clear which of these a particular active ability falls under. For example, the new CP tree has a star called "Swift Renewal" that boost healing over time by some percent per stage. There is also one called "Soothing Tide" that boosts area of effect heals by some percent per stage. Does this mean an ability like "Grand Healing" and morphs benefit from BOTH of these since it is an AoE and also a heal over time? Or is the skill just considered one of these? If so, which one is considered it's "main" type? Having clear labels would help reduce confusion especially for abilities that seem like they might dip into more than one star for their effects. Not sure what the best way to do this would be, but it's something to think about.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    Lets sum it up:

Dear devs: What game are you playing? And if its supposed to be ESO, could you make sure you're testing on the same version that we get on PTS?

It often appears that there's some major issue with versioning in ESO, seeing as bugs tend to come back every other update. There's useful software like git, svn, cvs to handle this kind of things. MIght be worth looking into.

There also seem to be some glaring issues or misunderstandings about how penetration works, and how it affects damage done. So these might help:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318595/introduction-to-pve-damage-calculation-homestead/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-updated-15-07-2019/p1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTwA2TPOQk <-- I think he works for ZOS now, you could visit his office and have a little talk about the subject.

• ZOS_SamL
    ZOS_SamL
    admin
    Another revision to #3 to be more clear:

Back in Update 28 we reached better balance with Majors and Minors, which reduced the total amount of Healing obtained from Major and Minor Mending + Vitality. We've also recently reduced Major and Minor Recovery related bonuses, including Fortitude, which should help take some of the edge off Health Recovery. We're also investigating leveraging Battle Spirit for future adjustments to Health Recovery as well, if need be.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_SamL
    ZOS_SamL
    admin
    Revision to #5:

5. Total DPS output seems lower in CP2.0. What’s the reasoning for this? Will tanks/healers get more utility in CP2.0?

The overall goal was to reduce the power of high end damage and efficiency by 15-20% with CP 2.0, as there is a significant delta in power between many players. However, due to the penetration bug we saw on LIVE and PTS, we didn't fully reach that goal, and will continue investigating solutions, such as potentially reducing passive power from the CP system further, as well as looking into more outlying problems.

(as an aside, thank you all for asking questions so we could return to the dev team for clarifications!)
    Staff Post
  • HEIIMS
    HEIIMS
    ✭✭✭
    The overall goal was to reduce the power of high end damage and efficiency by 15-20% with CP 2.0, as there is a significant delta in power between many players.

This just doesn't make sense to me, why would you want to punish players for trying to be good at the game? I can understand nerfing certain skills, item sets, buffs etc. when they're overperforming, but the way you worded it, it just seems like you want to "reduce the gap" by artificially lowering the ceiling for no reason, which imo is unhealthy for already very very small and almost non-existent endgame community.

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Revision to #5:

(as an aside, thank you all for asking questions so we could return to the dev team for clarifications!)

Since you are looking into the outlying problem of how the dps gap exists: The biggest reason for that gap is lack of knowledge on how to set up a dps character. If someone does 5k dps in a dungeon the reason for that isnt lack of light attack weaving, errors in the rotation or a non meta setup. More likely than not this 5k dps person has little investment into stam or mag/offensive stats in general, uses few abilities, wears mismatched sets and armor weights, doesnt use both skill bars etc.
    Most of us on the forum have probably seen max CP players with 5k dps and that can be beaten by a lvl 10 char without CP, only a green weapon equipped and nothing else using a proper rotation. Thats where your biggest problem is. Your game does not teach how to set up a proper dps character well enough. Thats the reason for the massive gap between the lowest and the highest dps.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    A CP advisor? Interesting idea!

Something I'd like to add to the table is more transparency on what "type" different abilities are considered to be. This has been a challenge since the launch of the game, and the new CP system feels like an opportunity to address that. To be clearer on what I mean here, there are CP stars that enhance the following types of abilities:
    • single target effect
    • damage over time effect
    • area of effect

It isn't always clear which of these a particular active ability falls under. For example, the new CP tree has a star called "Swift Renewal" that boost healing over time by some percent per stage. There is also one called "Soothing Tide" that boosts area of effect heals by some percent per stage. Does this mean an ability like "Grand Healing" and morphs benefit from BOTH of these since it is an AoE and also a heal over time? Or is the skill just considered one of these? If so, which one is considered it's "main" type? Having clear labels would help reduce confusion especially for abilities that seem like they might dip into more than one star for their effects. Not sure what the best way to do this would be, but it's something to think about.

I love this idea! Even better than just a label would be a list of things that are boosting a particular ability right in the tooltip, including, but not limited to, CP stars and skill line passives.
  • Foolebuilt_33
    Foolebuilt_33
    ✭✭✭
    Revision to #5:

This is what confuses me you want to lower max dps yet things like godslayer for console is just barely achievable as dps sits now on console each group that has successfully got it just barely scraped by on the time yet you want to lower dps by 20% can we please get an explanation on this? As well as the fact do you not want players to actually work harder for higher dps? Is that not the point of trying and leveling is to learn how to play better and actually being rewarded for the time you put in to get better at playing the game?
    Edited by Foolebuilt_33 on March 3, 2021 8:00PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orpheaus wrote: »
    So many people would rather the game die and be unsuccessful than "See their hard work cheapened." I have acquired hundreds of pointless CP past 810. Never once did I feel that entitled me to anything.
    I've always felt the CP system was a massive barrier to entry for newer players and would gladly see it made easier. Also all of you who "worked hard" for your extra CP are delusional. If you actually grinded past 810 you're an idiot. But more likely you've just passively accrued your points like me by playing the game. The game is in a healthier spot if newer players can participate sooner. Stop being entitled babies and complaining about "muh progress."

The two viewpoints aren't mutually exclusive though. Consider how the old Veteran ranks were implemented. Players were given bonus Champion points for their Vet rank, and players who'd ground out the max CP stayed at max CP account wide. Players like me who were at Vet 6 or so wound up much closer to the gear maximum at CP 160 and had the exp curve adjusted so we earned the early CP much faster, letting us keep up.

On the other hand, with the way the CP rework is being handled, a maxed out CP 810 player isn't being boosted up to the max. Now, they'll be 810/1100 for leaderboards, 810/2000 for passives, 810/3600 for quality of life. It's nice that ZOS adjusted to exp curve to help us get up there faster, but do you see the contrast with how the Vet ranks were handled?

For myself, part of my problem is that I didn't grind past 810. I've got about 1000 CP, largely from passively playing. I'm no completionist, so there was no point in aiming for 3600 CP.

Unlike the previous Vet Rank example, this takes me from a maxed 810/810 (100%) to 1000/1100 of leaderboards (91%) 1000/2000 for passives (50%), and 1000/3600 for quality of life (28%). Previously, 810 Champion Points let my Vestige run as a PVE tank, PVP healer, and as a crafter/farmer. Now?

Now, sure, ZOS is here assuring me that I won't really miss out on much and the faster exp curve will make it so grinding out that extra 1000-2600 CP won't be too bad. I guess I'll find out how true that is when this all goes Live. :neutral:
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 3, 2021 8:15PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Revision to #5:

To-date no attempt to lower the ceiling without affecting the floor (or middle) has worked. And why lower the ceiling? try raising the floor.

You designed a game where optimum DPS involves so many things stacking up correctly (gear, stats, dynamic rotations, group composition, CP etc). Maybe look there instead of thinking you'll fix the probably via CP, which will hurt everybody and the lower end more.
    Edited by Runefang on March 3, 2021 11:27PM