The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another event where support roles are denied loot from world bosses. Come on ZOS...

JJMaxx1980
JJMaxx1980
✭✭✭✭
You want this event to be for everyone but when I wait for a world boss I heal and buff and debuff and use my destro staff and I get nothing. My friend who’s a tank experiences the same thing. This is not a good experience for 2/3 of your player base.
Edited by JJMaxx1980 on February 25, 2021 4:44PM
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the flip side, Tanks and Healers will be in high demand for HoF and AS runs with the guaranteed style page drops on clear.
  • DukeCybran
    DukeCybran
    ✭✭✭
    Yea. Only those who deal damage in the top 20 are qualified to loot.
  • JJMaxx1980
    JJMaxx1980
    ✭✭✭✭
    DukeCybran wrote: »

I don’t think this is the case, as I’ve seen much less than 20 people at a WB and no matter how hard I try I can’t get loot.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJMaxx1980 wrote: »
    You want this event to be for everyone but when I wait for a world boss I heal and buff and debuff and use my destro staff and I get nothing. My friend who’s a tank experiences the same thing. This is not a good experience for 2/3 of your player base.

👀 We aren't 1/3 or we have more people would complain
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    7 years, and ZOS think no need to do anything with this. Fortunately quest give the token and not the boss drop. Next day will be much better, trials and delves much better choise.
  • WhereArtThouVampires
    WhereArtThouVampires
    ✭✭✭✭

Slot 1 damage skill.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with 1 damage skill, that's usually not enough to get in the top 12. I mean I'm a tank and I slot 3-4 damage skills for events like this and *still* don't always make it, not when there are like 40 players all camping around the world boss's spawn point.

And the respawn times are NOWHERE NEAR fast enough.

To be frank, boss respawn times - of all kinds - need to be quicker, *generally*, and certainly during an event. Like, 5 minutes from its death, it respawns.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adapt your build to the task at hand. Full Stop.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    On the flip side, Tanks and Healers will be in high demand for HoF and AS runs with the guaranteed style page drops on clear.

Yep. I'm already getting ready to farm those as tank or heals to get runs together quickly, not only for the event but for stickerbook.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »

Yep. I'm already getting ready to farm those as tank or heals to get runs together quickly, not only for the event but for stickerbook.

I wonder which is faster to grind, nAS or nAS+2? I would imagine the latter, but only if your group is fairly well coordinated...
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder which is faster to grind, nAS or nAS+2? I would imagine the latter, but only if your group is fairly well coordinated...

Yep. If everyone knows what they're doing, +2. For pugs, kill separately bc it's pretty much guaranteed that at least half the raid will wipe when St. Olms jumps.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think this is the case, as I’ve seen much less than 20 people at a WB and no matter how hard I try I can’t get loot.

12 is the limit, or at least it was, back when people complained about the loot on the molag bal simulacrum in IC sewers.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely swear that some people are griefing by camping a world boss over and over again, getting the loot most times - or even some of the times - so that anyone else doesn't get a look in because they never get to be in the top 12, because the top 12 who were ahead of them last time *are still there*.

Everybody needs to be guaranteed the loot from at least one kill of any given boss (world boss, delve boss, public dungeon boss) daily. If you want to camp the SAME boss and get loot a second time from it, by all means be subject to the top-12 limit.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a healer main who sucks at dps and I never miss out on drops when I bring my dps characters. Maybe leveling some dps skills for this will solve your problem?
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. If everyone knows what they're doing, +2. For pugs, kill separately bc it's pretty much guaranteed that at least half the raid will wipe when St. Olms jumps.

Yeah. And there's always that one person in a pug that just doesn't listen to instructions...

Still, even killing each boss individually, AS is definitely the fastest Trial to complete, and one of the easier ones.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on February 25, 2021 5:30PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Support roles are not really meant for overland content.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I finally got a drop from Wraith-of-Crows... it left a corpse for me, for the first time, at about the sixth attempt.

THREE. GOLD. PIECES.

Nothing else. Where were the normal boss-drop items and why did I not get them? I had not looted items from a boss in over an hour...
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Top 12. Full raid size.

I don't worry about the loot from the boss. I just focus on getting the daily coffers.
    The Moot Councillor
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "top 12" is not good enough when there's like 40-50 people camping one world boss.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've always thought this was unfair. Who does it benefit? I always get my boss loot, but I have to tell you, knowing there are people that don't get it doesn't enhance my experience.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always thought this was unfair. Who does it benefit? I always get my boss loot, but I have to tell you, knowing there are people that don't get it doesn't enhance my experience.
    Wasn’t it done to combat bots? If that’s the case, considering the amount of naked sorcs with gamer tags like yeodhhhhhddj running around the starter island gobbling up nodes, maybe they should realize that the point is moot and let everyone who at least gets a hit in get loot? I mean, that’s how dragons are and you don’t see an army of naked sorcs swarming those (though that would be entertaining to watch 🤔)
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slot 1 damage skill.

Yeah because thats going to work. If their builds are built around tanking/healing and not much else that 1 damage ability aint going to be enough to compete with the glass cannons in the crowd.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sad to say but pretty much everything about this game is just combat/dps based :(

I wish there were more ways to approach content as support roles, or even as a rogue and stealth thru content.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

This. Support roles are not really meant for overland content.

Exactly. The concept of a support role implies an organized group. This is the intersection of a Venn Diagram between L2P, entitled, and stubborn.

I dont think I have ever attempted to kill a boss and not received loot. A ground dot and a spam is all you need. I just dont get this mindset that I am a healer and cant do anything else. Like how do you get through a quest? You need to do damage, and it certainly doesn't require a min/maxed DPS build to secure a drop from a WB.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 25, 2021 7:49PM
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution. Solo the WB, they are not that hard. Well some of the DLC ones are, but most are not that big a deal.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    Wasn’t it done to combat bots? If that’s the case, considering the amount of naked sorcs with gamer tags like yeodhhhhhddj running around the starter island gobbling up nodes, maybe they should realize that the point is moot and let everyone who at least gets a hit in get loot? I mean, that’s how dragons are and you don’t see an army of naked sorcs swarming those (though that would be entertaining to watch 🤔)

I like the cut of your jib. Send the naked sorcerers to the dragons! Perhaps if we feed the dragons they'll start being more cordial.

Thanks for the insight, that makes sense, though you're right that it doesn't really. There's a reason bots go around harvesting nodes and killing mudcrabs for leather. It's way more profitable than boss drops would ever be, because of the "LPM" factor (loot per minute XD), the downtime between bosses, and the fact that guild listing slots are limited and, of course, weapons can't be stacked.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is an easy solve imo. On my tanks and healers I have questing gear setups which help me just through content faster. I have never had an issue with boss loot either.

During an event usually there are so many people doing the wb or event that you don't need to heal or tank. So make some questing gear/dps gear and do this, you should be fine.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is you *can't* solo a WB when there are 40 other players there. You can only solo a WB when there are 0 other players there.

And, well, NORMALLY, it doesn't require a min-maxed DPS build to secure a drop from a WB.

But have you ACTUALLY BEEN THERE today? There are like 100 players (not joking) at the Clockwork City bosses. Like I said, my main is originally built for tank, but even if I slot damage skills in all five slots and an ultimate, and change to my most damaging gear, I'm competing with people who have the same but were built for DPS. Half the time, Wraith-of-Crows spawns and literally dies in seconds before I have time to get through firing off my skills once each.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never had any issues getting loot with support roles, change up your build I guess. Use a couple damage aoes.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just. Do. It. Today.

Getting loot with a support role when there are maybe 20 or so players there? Can probably do it. A great number of the people who are supposed to be DPS-types will be pretty newbie types and I can out-do most of those for damage even with my tank build.

But with, like, 80-100 people there? That is just not fair odds.