The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ball of Lightning morph needs to be adjusted

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To all the people saying BoL is fine. Here´s a thought experiment. Would you be fine with increasing wings absorption effect to 100% and making it ignore ccs/debuffs/negative effects like BoL does if its duration gets reduced from 6 to 4 seconds? If no why not?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    To all the people saying BoL is fine. Here´s a thought experiment. Would you be fine with increasing wings absorption effect to 100% and making it ignore ccs/debuffs/negative effects like BoL does if its duration gets reduced from 6 to 4 seconds? If no why not?

I'd even be fine if Wings get their old reflect back, at least under 2 circumstances.

1) Rework some class skills so those classes can deal with it (magNB)
    2) Make sure high uptime is uneasy to archieve (e.g. via fatigue cost increase or your mentioned duration reduction etc.)

But anyway, I can only repeat myself that BoL could use a little tweaking. Like absorption limit.

And on your other comment. Which gapcloser are you using? The one that pulls you or the one that pulls the sorc? The former shouldn't be absorbed (if you ask me, but I haven't checked). Anyway, if some sorc is streaking/BoLing away from me I am lucky that I can use some of his entourage as anchor point since those often stay back for a while.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd even be fine if Wings get their old reflect back, at least under 2 circumstances.

1) Rework some class skills so those classes can deal with it (magNB)
    2) Make sure high uptime is uneasy to archieve (e.g. via fatigue cost increase or your mentioned duration reduction etc.)

But anyway, I can only repeat myself that BoL could use a little tweaking. Like absorption limit.

And on your other comment. Which gapcloser are you using? The one that pulls you or the one that pulls the sorc? The former shouldn't be absorbed (if you ask me, but I haven't checked). Anyway, if some sorc is streaking/BoLing away from me I am lucky that I can use some of his entourage as anchor point since those often stay back for a while.

Empowering chains (aka pulls myself to sorc) last I used it it did get absorbed (pulled me to the ball of lightning instead of the sorc) and never saw any patch note indicating that this was changed.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

As long as we also can increase number of projectiles in shimmering shield to a bizzare number
  • Dakkx
    Dakkx
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    I'm a stamsorc main and as much as I like the skill, I think it's absolutely broken. It's a defensive ability that creates distance, absorbs all projectiles, including ultimates like meteor, and also removes snares and gives you snare immunity. You literally cannot die if you have it on your bar. This ability is even more broken on magsorcs as they have the magicka to cast 7-8 BoLs in a row.

Some suggestions for adjusting Ball of Lightning:
    1) Increase the base cost
    2) Reduce absorption duration
    3) Remove snare immunity
    4) Increase the cost increase penalty

Honestly you’d kill the skill with all 4 of these. One or two of the suggested changes may be ok but not all of them. One of the few skills with morph diversity please don’t kill it.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dakkx wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    I'm a stamsorc main and as much as I like the skill, I think it's absolutely broken. It's a defensive ability that creates distance, absorbs all projectiles, including ultimates like meteor, and also removes snares and gives you snare immunity. You literally cannot die if you have it on your bar. This ability is even more broken on magsorcs as they have the magicka to cast 7-8 BoLs in a row.

Some suggestions for adjusting Ball of Lightning:
    1) Increase the base cost
    2) Reduce absorption duration
    3) Remove snare immunity
    4) Increase the cost increase penalty

Honestly you’d kill the skill with all 4 of these. One or two of the suggested changes may be ok but not all of them. One of the few skills with morph diversity please don’t kill it.

You're not supposed to pick all 4, you're supposed to chooses 1 of the 4, or 2 of the 4
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc