The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ball of Lightning morph needs to be adjusted

StaticWave
StaticWave
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm a stamsorc main and as much as I like the skill, I think it's absolutely broken. It's a defensive ability that creates distance, absorbs all projectiles, including ultimates like meteor, and also removes snares and gives you snare immunity. You literally cannot die if you have it on your bar. This ability is even more broken on magsorcs as they have the magicka to cast 7-8 BoLs in a row.

Some suggestions for adjusting Ball of Lightning:
1) Increase the base cost
2) Reduce absorption duration
3) Remove snare immunity
4) Increase the cost increase penalty
Platform:
PC NA

Main:
Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mainly play stamsorc ATM. I tried ball of lightning and it does offer insane defence. I actually prefer Streak tbh, the unblockable stun against seemingly endless opponents is too much fun to give up. If I was using 2h I would probably stick with bol, but with dw passive for stunned opponents it's too much to give up imo.

That's said I think if anything the snare removal should remain and the projectile absorption be limited by projectiles. Like DK wings before its untimely death... I think it is expensive enough for a stamsorc. Perhaps if it scales up with your max magicka I could live with that.

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just give it the wings treatment imo. With the amount of sorc mains telling dks that they should be happy with 50% ranged reduction from wings it should be fine for sorcs too right?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf sorc plz
    g42KCNm.png
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    Nerf sorc plz
    g42KCNm.png

I have actually genuinely wondered if these status effects that remain on our character forever have a detrimental affect on performance. I wonder if the server is tracking them...
    Edited by relentless_turnip on February 24, 2021 12:57PM
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Well in this case it had a detrimental effect on my game. I was unable to sprint and break free didn't break free. Still used up stamina though!
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have actually genuinely wondered if these status effects that remain on our character forever have a detrimental affect on performance. I wonder if the server is tracking them...

It doesnt have a noticeable impact in PvE, during last boss in Kyne´s Aegis I´d get one permanent guard stack everytime we wiped. When we first did the fight in hardmode i had like 23 stacks of permanent guard on me and everything still worked except for the buffbar being guards only and I couldnt see my own buffs or debuffs.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

It doesnt have a noticeable impact in PvE, during last boss in Kyne´s Aegis I´d get one permanent guard stack everytime we wiped. When we first did the fight in hardmode i had like 23 stacks of permanent guard on me and everything still worked except for the buffbar being guards only and I couldnt see my own buffs or debuffs.

That's reassuring actually 👍
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with Streak is that no one ever really dies from getting streaked, unless lag has something to do with it.

And if they did die, the player dieing was not paying attention to the compounding damage in the first place, got surrounded, or made an unforced error. I've watched peeps streak into 30 players, interrupt them for a moment, then that sorc gets annihilated. I'm like, "ok? and the point was?" lol

However, I agree with the OP.
    Edited by soniku4ikblis on February 24, 2021 3:00PM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As soon as the proc sets are turned on again, Sorc will go back to being a second rate underutilized class.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    I'm a stamsorc main and as much as I like the skill, I think it's absolutely broken.

It is.

Historically the way Zenimax devs deal with abilities they overbuffed to hell is to make them useless - which would be bad, especially in PVP, especially for magsorc - or turn them into something different. Transform yourself into pure energy and shatter into cloud of hail that hits up to 20 nearby enemies and forces them to lie down for 4 seconds. This effect cannot be blocked. You reform wherever you were standing 5 minutes ago. They seem to prefer this method with the sorcerer class.

Just saying. Drawing extra attention to your class is never a great idea. It's not your fault they overbuffed it, enjoy it while it lasts.
  • dcmgti
    dcmgti
    ✭✭✭
    Well in this case it had a detrimental effect on my game. I was unable to sprint and break free didn't break free. Still used up stamina though!

Break free has been like this for a long time for me. I've sent in several bug reports as it seems to affect some and not others. And good luck having any kind of CC immunity if you do get to break free. Everyone is proc this and zerg that, I just really want break free to work. Have hotkeyed several different keys to try and get it to work.

• xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magblade with only projectile offensive abilities I 100% agree. Thanks.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorc plz
    g42KCNm.png

I hate that bug sooooo much
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOL is a neccessary evil. Without BOL, mag sorc is C tier at best for open world PVP.

Can someone explain why is it hard for stamina mains to kill a < 25k health mag sorc in a 40k health meta ?

• vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've written several bug reports about that months ago, it doesn't get fixed. I don't know if ZOS ever acknowledged that bug. Funny thing: Dying, Porting, Reloadui - they all don't help. You need to log out and log back in again to remove that debuff. Good luck if you have a long queue for Cyrodiil to do that fast enough to still be in Cyrodiil when you log back in!

It is awful when you are leading a group of 12 players and in the middle of combat you lose your ability to break free and sprint...

Maybe it is time to do some bug reporting again.

BOL is a neccessary evil. Without BOL, mag sorc is C tier at best for open world PVP.
    Can someone explain why is it hard for stamina mains to kill a < 25k health mag sorc in a 40k health meta ?
    1. They are out of range if they chose to be.
    2. They can shield themself and as long as they have shields up, they will heal up by dealing damage.

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. They are out of range if they chose to be.
    2. They can shield themself and as long as they have shields up, they will heal up by dealing damage.

you mean like how nb can cloak if they choose to be ? So that makes cloak OP as well ? Templar/ necro/ warden can purge or use shimmering shield to avoid damage ? So it makes those skills OP ?

Also will stamina mains be chewing crayons on the sidelines while sorcerer is busy spending 12k mana to put up 3 shields ?

Stamina mains complaining about any magicka sorcerer skills fits the agenda I guess. Let's throw the last magicka class which actually poses a threat to stamina into the dumpster along with the rest
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on March 1, 2021 7:56AM
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a stamsorc main and as much as I like the skill, I think it's absolutely broken. It's a defensive ability that creates distance, absorbs all projectiles, including ultimates like meteor, and also removes snares and gives you snare immunity. You literally cannot die if you have it on your bar. This ability is even more broken on magsorcs as they have the magicka to cast 7-8 BoLs in a row.

3) Remove snare immunity

Very poor hindsight ...

What you aren't saying is that the magsorcs using BoL have 0 reliable cc, they can flame clench but it's a melee skill, as a magsorc you don't want people close to you, and as a stamsorc you don't want to knock people back.

I only play magsorc, and yeah BoL is frustrating, but I don't want BoL nerfed just because you say it should, while not looking at the overall picture.

Plus ESO is a MMO with X people on them BoL won't save any sorc, unless they go full retreat. Then that's a win, turn back and continue your activities
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] BoL is the morph that makes you a hard counter to range. Streak is the stun morph. I have no issues with streak. BoL is very annoying

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 1, 2021 6:05PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcs: You all should be happy with 50% ranged damage mitigation.
    Also Sorcs: I dont see the problem with one ability having 100% ranged mitigation (projectile ultimates included), stopping dots and CCs from getting through while also teleporting me and removing snares and giving immunity to them, seems balanced to me.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayserix wrote: »

3) Remove snare immunity

Very poor hindsight ...

What you aren't saying is that the magsorcs using BoL have 0 reliable cc, they can flame clench but it's a melee skill, as a magsorc you don't want people close to you, and as a stamsorc you don't want to knock people back.

I only play magsorc, and yeah BoL is frustrating, but I don't want BoL nerfed just because you say it should, while not looking at the overall picture.

Plus ESO is a MMO with X people on them BoL won't save any sorc, unless they go full retreat. Then that's a win, turn back and continue your activities

He's talking about the other morph... Not Streak.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on March 1, 2021 6:09PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Sorcs: I dont see the problem with one ability having 100% ranged mitigation (projectile ultimates included), stopping dots and CCs from getting through while also teleporting me and removing snares and giving immunity to them, seems balanced to me.

Non Sorcs (Stamina mains): Sorc is OP because they escape before my procs kill them.

Also Non Sorcs (Stamina mains): I can't play sorc myself because I need 3 procs and a 40k health pool and will probably get 1vx'ed by other sorcs
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on March 1, 2021 8:13PM
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There were sorc mains on the PTS that patch who pleaded with the devs not to overload streak and BOL. We all know where this road goes. I'm mildly surprised it hasn't been nuked already, but the special status of the sorcerer class isn't just a meme.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Non Sorcs (Stamina mains): Sorc is OP because they escape before my procs kill them.

Also Non Sorcs (Stamina mains): I can't play sorc myself because I need 3 procs and a 40k health pool and will probably get 1vx'ed by other sorcs

Yeah totally right. Really a shame that mag sorc is the only mag class in the game and others dont exist. I wonder what these "magplar" and "magdk" things are I keep hearing about, must be some dungeon sets or something.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

3) Remove snare immunity

Very poor hindsight ...

Streak is also a melee skill... You have defensive rune or rune cage as 2 other ranged options. BoL is just a hard reset for magsorcs.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There aren't many things in BGs more annoying than putting some pressure into a Stam Sorc after managing to survive their 1-shot attempt, only to have them cast one Ball of Lightning and freely Dark Deal whilst still in my range and LOS. I always imagine a middle finger sticking up from the hand that's waving through the air.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's said I think if anything the snare removal should remain and the projectile absorption be limited by projectiles. Like DK wings before its untimely death... I think it is expensive enough for a stamsorc. Perhaps if it scales up with your max magicka I could live with that.

+1
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭

3) Remove snare immunity

Very poor hindsight ...

He's talking about the other morph... Not Streak.

Can you at least try ?

[...]

Streak is also a melee skill... You have defensive rune or rune cage as 2 other ranged options. BoL is just a hard reset for magsorcs.

I try to choose my words wisely. That's why I said : reliable.

There is nothing reliable about those two option, except for dueling and/or very small scale. And this is why I said that ESO isn't a solo game.

When you look at the sorc kit, streak and BoL are indeed amazing tools, that's what the class is for : high mobility. We don't have high AoE, high burst (talking about mags here), so yeah the play style is kiting, kiting and more kiting, until you manage to combo your target.

I don't play stamsorc so I can't speak for them.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I try to choose my words wisely. That's why I said : reliable.

There is nothing reliable about those two option, except for dueling and/or very small scale. And this is why I said that ESO isn't a solo game.

When you look at the sorc kit, streak and BoL are indeed amazing tools, that's what the class is for : high mobility. We don't have high AoE, high burst (talking about mags here), so yeah the play style is kiting, kiting and more kiting, until you manage to combo your target.

I don't play stamsorc so I can't speak for them.

Ok, I´ll bite: Why does a high mobility spell need 100% ranged damage reduction+absorption of CC and negative effects projectile ultimates included?
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The core problems is that BoL counters both ranged and melee skills. You move out of melee range, and become immune to all ranged damage. I don't understand how anyone can think that is balanced.
    - Mojican
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Jayserix what do you mean try?

He is talking about BOL and you started talking about Streak. The issues he raised with BOL have no relation to streak.

I also play mainly stamsorc and I agree with the op that BOL is overloaded. I don't agree with the elements he would change, but do think it does too much.
    Streak is fine, which is why I replied to your comment by simply pointing you back to what was being discussed.