The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add a NO PROC SET CAMPAIGN to Cyrodiil

• Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fairly sure ZOS mentioned they found little to no positive impact on lag from the removal of proc sets, and stress on the server even increased a little due to the added player volume. With that said, I think a no-proc campaign might lighten the load on the servers a little and help distribute the population more evenly. Although, how would you define said "no-proc" campaign, the same way as ZOS does? I was hoping you could specify, because their parameters are apparently quite broad.
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO - Do not add a NO-PROC SET CAMPAIGN to Cyrodiil
    "We CAnT SplIT the pVP pLayEr BaSe with extra game modes"

Honestly not surprised to see the pro- split the campaigns sentiment. I do wish some people would be more honest about wanting to protect their preferred game modes (and more power to you for advocating for what you want, just be honest about it)

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, comes to mind.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES - Do add a NO-PROC SET CAMPAIGN to Cyrodiil
    regime211 wrote: »
    TY you for listening to the PvP player base :)

ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

Do you solo? or run in a group or zerg?

24 man groups got nerfed because of small scale wining, stop it already
    besides, it's off the poll topic.
    Edited by marius_buys on March 6, 2021 3:33PM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but don’t force us to play it. Let me choose what mode I want to play.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    Yes, but don’t force us to play it. Let me choose what mode I want to play.

ditto
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope ZOS follows through
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should not be "things which work in one part of the game, and not in others".

Especially not "things which you have to go to Cyrodiil to get, but somehow don't work there".

For EACH AND EVERY weapon, item, artifact or outfit power that is currently deemed by the game to be a "proc", either it should work as advertised both inside and outside Cyrodiil, or it should be changed, and its new operation should work as advertised both inside and outside Cyrodiil.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very refreshing to see pvp without literally everyone using armor that fights for you or does way too much. At least I have a chance at killing a warden spamming arctic blast since zos doesn't want to balance their skills.

Sadly at the cost of a lot of sets that did nothing wrong. I miss my off-meta metal werewolf.
    Edited by Ryuvain on March 23, 2021 6:05AM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not a fan of campaigns having different rule set. It just seems like a bad practice to start doing.

That being said, when it comes to the part of their statement where they are working to redefine campaign rules. I hope they are redefining the types of proc sets. Buff and support procs are fine, the free damage ones are the problem.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who for many years ran a no proc set up on a max stats build the current meta was absolutely made for me.

I don’t mind playing against procs. I did fine. But if I’m being honest it’s much easier for me to thrive now so sure.

No more than 3 real campaigns though. 1 for CP and everything, 1 for CP no-proc and 1 for no CP. That’s plenty.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, Beacuse the ppl complain about balance now or before, will explode in rage after the mess that would follow.
    No way ZOS could balance pvp in any way with so many different rulesets.
    I don't think no cp is going to go away any time soon either, as Zos loves new players too much.
    So that's already too many variables for them to work with.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who for many years ran a no proc set up on a max stats build the current meta was absolutely made for me.

I don’t mind playing against procs. I did fine. But if I’m being honest it’s much easier for me to thrive now so sure.

No more than 3 real campaigns though. 1 for CP and everything, 1 for CP no-proc and 1 for no CP. That’s plenty.

yup
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the AvA pop large enough to tolerate more campaigns?
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    Is the AvA pop large enough to tolerate more campaigns?

On XBox there is usually 3 bars of people in each alliance after 7pm eastern. The queues aren’t usually too bad (31 last night for me at 9PM) but I’ve seen them 200+ in the past.

While the PVE population is magnitudes greater and completely unknown, there are a few thousand hardcore Cyrodiil PVPers who log in multiple times a week just on XBox.
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER - I will elaborate in the comments
    I do not see problem if such thing will exist.
    Let the people who can not use or farm procs play just the same skills and sets if it is so much fun to them.
    I just will not go there but will play game version where all works just fine.
    If they have problems with people in procs - it is their right to play limit game version.
    But for people who buy DLC - farm all this staff - make it gold !!! - it is not fun at all.
    Let people play PVP to farm PVP gear in it that do not work in PVP - if they want it to much =)
    It sounds funny for me but OK - have no problems with it.
    Not all players have DLCs and can farm it for sets. We hav no CP compain i play in (my main is PVE tank with wrong CP for PVP), we have CP compain - below 50 compain
    Will some thing really change if one more compain ? I think no. If people be happy with it.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a solo player I love this change. Though I have even more OP setup in case procs would be back everywhere, I love this noproc Cyrodiil because it forces players to actually think what they are doing instead of just use X to proc X1, X2 and X3 and kill someone.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just keep most procs out of all PvP. Unique effects are extremely hard to balance, and plenty of MMOs limit gear to varying degrees already with a lot of success. Lag or not, most procs should stay gone. Those who don't share my opinion typically bring up points like hurting build diversity and not being able to use "what you paid for" in PvP, but build diversity has never been the best outside of a handful of extremely powerful sets to the PvP-savvy and anyway, those problems pale to the sheer number of balancing issues that arise from having them; it's just a matter of acknowledging that it exists and being able to let go of that entitlement. Honestly, the less variables you have to take into account, the more fair the PvP experience will end up being. It's healthy for this side of the game.
    Edited by Rahar on April 6, 2021 8:06PM
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aside from the fact they already confirmed they will be working on this distraction rather than implementing actual pvp changes and fixes which have been lacking for the past 6 years (Score evaluation adjustments, campaign reward structure, incentives for unstacking the faction). The no-proc campaign will simply just spread the already thin playerbase out more.

What comes after a no proc campaign? 'oh lets have one for cp and no cp' then 'well lets have some procs but only the good ones'

This just gives rise to ZOS adding completely unbalanced sets and then not actually fixing them 'because there is a no proc campaign for people to go to'.

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, arent those pts proc set magicka damage numbers just so indicative that ZOS loves stamina for pvp, lol
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-proc is a gameplay preference. It is not a performance enhancement. The zone is running as bad as - and at times worse than - during MYM, despite having an all-time low population of players online at any one time at the moment.

The people who boost the idea of absolutely no proc condition sets ever are a tiny echo chamber compared to the overall player base.

The belief that you have to remove everything with a percentage chance is not based on anything. Someone once posted "proc sets are free damage" and somehow the meme stuck. But how many people did you really see running Red Mountain, or Unfathomable Darkness, or Stormfist - and being devastatingly effective?

None. The reality is you've a handful of overturned sets that need some work to make them less cheesy.

My issue with making any gameplay changes in the near future is this: ZoS has inflicted real damage to the PvP community in 2021. It needs to return to normal and grow back to where it was before rules are changed again. Otherwise there will not be the population to sustain the game mode and the risk then is they turn off all secondary campaigns and squeeze everyone into a single server with a compromise ruleset that nobody would have chosen.
    Edited by rbfrgsp on May 8, 2021 8:20AM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    No-proc is a gameplay preference. It is not a performance enhancement. The zone is running as bad as - and at times worse than - during MYM, despite having an all-time low population of players online at any one time at the moment.

The people who boost the idea of absolutely no proc condition sets ever are a tiny echo chamber compared to the overall player base.

The belief that you have to remove everything with a percentage chance is not based on anything. Someone once posted "proc sets are free damage" and somehow the meme stuck. But how many people did you really see running Red Mountain, or Unfathomable Darkness, or Stormfist - and being devastatingly effective?

None. The reality is you've a handful of overturned sets that need some work to make them less cheesy.

My issue with making any gameplay changes in the near future is this: ZoS has inflicted real damage to the PvP community in 2021. It needs to return to normal and grow back to where it was before rules are changed again. Otherwise there will not be the population to sustain the game mode and the risk then is they turn off all secondary campaigns and squeeze everyone into a single server with a compromise ruleset that nobody would have chosen.

Yes it is a preference, and why not give players what they prefer?
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read to the end of my post and I give you the answer to your question.

There should definitely be a no proc campaign eventually to give players the option to play their preference.

It should definitely not be launched now, for the reasons I already mentioned.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Read to the end of my post and I give you the answer to your question.

There should definitely be a no proc campaign eventually to give players the option to play their preference.

It should definitely not be launched now, for the reasons I already mentioned.

I think it should be launched, now more than ever as casual player
    frustration will hit game breaking levels
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah adding a no proc campaign would be nice but also enabling sets like titan born or fury would be nice as well. Just disable the proc sets that deal like a million damage.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the test started, PVP looks way more balanced. No more unkillable players, no more infinite resources, no more 1-shot dmg. PVP based on skill, not on carry sets.

Those who want to play PvS (Players vs Sets) have enough campaigns to play.

Give us one without carry-sets.

We must be playing in different campaigns. I'm running into plenty of infinitely dodge rolling, streak stunning one hit killers. There are a million sorcs and wardens who never seem to run out of resources while mine zero out by being in the same quadrant with some of them. I've seen so many 35K+ health warden and templars that simply out heal any damage done to them that I can see why they would enjoy no procs because they are unkillable and there's no longer any counter to it by some classes.

I miss my procs and the hilarity they manifested. Can't wait till they're back.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Another waste of resources as a no proc campaign would be just as empty as the no cp campaign for the same reasons.
    Adjust or remove the bad proc sets instead across the board for PvP and PvE.

Errr... the noCP campaign is anything but empty. (PC-EU)

neither is the PC/NA
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one should hit someone for 20K. 18K. 15K. 12K. Consistently. Go back to the no proc. Just the way it was. And let bombers have the other campaign.

I won't spend any more in the crown store until something here changes.
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    All we need.... another dead campaign
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. You're getting one.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭