Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Just tried TES IV Oblivion for first time...

slipciok
slipciok
✭✭✭
Seriously... is superior game if you compare to ESO. Even character animations are better. Whats the point of ESO? Just Game Store and LootBoxes? I don't understand why ESO exist.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character animations and designs weren't that great in Oblivion. It had a whole world but I wouldn't say the animations were superior in any way it was made awhile ago so that's to be expected.
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is that one of the singleplayer spin-offs? I personally prefer ESO because it's the original Elder Scrolls game
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By all means, you are free to stick to single-player games.

If, of course, you are not interested in playing with other people, or Arena is good enough for you to see all the provinces, or you don't care for new (and familiar) stories and characters.
    Right, no reason to play ESO at all. At all.
    Options
  • theCampeR_
    theCampeR_
    ✭✭✭
    Is that one of the singleplayer spin-offs? I personally prefer ESO because it's the original Elder Scrolls game

D84PtYyX4AET0Dl.jpg
    Options
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :/
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ask the people in charge why there is no TES VI...
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    slipciok wrote: »
    Seriously... is superior game if you compare to ESO. Even character animations are better. Whats the point of ESO? Just Game Store and LootBoxes? I don't understand why ESO exist.

Mate I just Grathwood and its AMAZING!!!!

If I was you I would get Oblivion 4 Delux and Tes III GOTY.

So when Skyblivion comes out and Skywind you can pay it on the skyrim Engine :D
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • slipciok
    slipciok
    ✭✭✭
    Just ESO look like game store with extra game option. I was never thinking how HUGE gap is between TES and ESO.
    Options
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why ESO exist.

To continuously make money.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
    Options
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭

7eQ4sJd.jpg
    Options
  • Parcellus
    Parcellus
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to install my original Oblivion copy under Windows 10 and repeatedly got a "catastrophic error" message. I just wanted to remind myself of the locations. However, did find the original map in the packaging, which is great
    Options
  • slipciok
    slipciok
    ✭✭✭
    Parcellus wrote: »
    I tried to install my original Oblivion copy under Windows 10 and repeatedly got a "catastrophic error" message. I just wanted to remind myself of the locations. However, did find the original map in the packaging, which is great

I'm using GOG version + many mods. I suggest install this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44676
    Options
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao I LOVE U!!!
    Options
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to play Oblivion, but all the npcs look too [Snip]. I just can't.

[Edited for inappropriate comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 3, 2021 2:12PM
    Options
  • slipciok
    slipciok
    ✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44676

Install this mod, and all npcs will be look like Skyrim level.
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »

From today's standpoint some of them look really funny, but if their looks bothers you, just download some mods.
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just couldn't...
    I know a lot of TES fans get annoyed by this but it was very clunky

It looked very beautiful because I spent hours to mod it
    But that combat...
    Even riding a horse...

Options
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But i have it on older xbox version, i dont think they have mods on it :/
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nvm. Not worth it.
    Edited by JKorr on February 3, 2021 10:55AM
    Options
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Um....no.

The single player games are the "originals". They existed years before "online" was a thing. If anything ESO is the online multiplayer "spinoff".

Elder Scrolls Online was the first game that they released in 1994, which is why Elder Scrolls Online is set many years in the past from the single player games (that came later on).
    Edited by dan958 on February 3, 2021 11:01AM
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
    Options
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I heard its made by a third party too. Not Zenimax Online Studios.
    Its got a niche following. that and that other game.......worromind? I cant remember its name. That one had a super niche following. game barely took off.
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
    Options
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion was the first Elder Scrolls game I played. I next played Skyrim, then Morrowind.

Comparing ESO to the single player games is like comparing apples to oranges. Though the single player games do have the advantage of mods.
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Original ESO beta was longer ago than you might imagine...
    oEBLEJD.gif
    Options
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What? 🤣
    Options
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoy both games a lot, but I love oblivion and skyrim because it's a solo rpg when you are tired of other people. Oblivion was my favorite. Would love a remaster for console.
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I never played it when it game out in 2006, and still can't play it to this day. There is no PVP, which makes me want to up chuck. It's the same feeling I get when I jump back on a 60hz monitor without realizing...my eyes want to bleed and it takes me a minute to realize why lol.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion was my first TES game. I still have fond memories of it and every so often I'll turn it back on and go for a jaunt along Cyrodiil's rolling hills and mountains. The music also brings a tear to my eyes due to how beautiful it can be, and it was also a game that when you were in a storm you actually felt like you were in a storm! ESO doesn't have that kind of intense weather Oblivion had.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Single Player TES games are just provincial Side-Stories

- Smaller Map (Not counting TES:II but that was randomly generated, every other TES game has had a smaller map then ESO)

- Less Quests (ESO has thousands of quests more then any single player game in the series)

- Less NPCs (ESO at launch had 10x as many named NPCs then Skyrim did and since then the game has become significantly larger)

- Less Significant Events (Turns out many of the main-questline events of the single-player game had already happened before and to put salt on the wound, the Vestige will likely be directly involved with the defeat of Mehrunes Dagon unlike the Champion of Cyrodiil, it was Martin Septim who defeated Mehrunes Dagon not them.)

- Less Impressive Antagonist (At this point the Vestige makes the others look rather disappointing, who cares about the power of the voice when we are members of the Psijic Order and pull of far more impressive feats with their teachings, who cares about having a Dragon Soul when having no soul led us to become Immortal, who cares about being Thane when the Vestige can become a Count or Emperor.

- Less Support (Remember how Skyrim got the last of it's DLC when it was barley a year old)
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on February 3, 2021 5:03PM
    Options
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually:
    1. The Elder Scrolls: Arena
    2. The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
    3. An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire
    4. The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
    5. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    6. The Elder Scrolls Travels (Stormhold, Dawnstar, Shadowkey)
    7. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    9. The Elder Scrolls Online

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2290+
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should play TES III next. The graphics are heinous even when it's modded within an inch of its life, and the combat system is basically nonexistent, but it's the best game in the series by far, at least IMO.

ESO's Morrowind does a much better job of capturing TES III that Greymoor did Skyrim, but it's still a far cry from the world in TES III.
    Options