Maintenance for the week of December 5:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 5, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 7, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EST (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 7, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EST (16:00 UTC)

Tank at Vateshran Hollows

gamersfan
gamersfan
This is so ridiculus, i play PVE content and must change all my build, find all equipment only to complete 1 boss at one silly and annoying arena TO COMPLETE AREA AT 100%

I want write a letter to developert, how can i do it?

"Hello, i very love your games. Have got many of them at steam.
But i have a big problem at teso with Vateshran Hollows.
I can't complete this arena. Nothing to do with it.
I dont need any items/loot/achievements. Plz, can you make Vateshran Hollows be "white"?
I can't explore this area at 100% becouse of this arena.
I do all other areas (not dlc) at 100%, but now I JUST CAN'T COMPLETE
There is no way for me to do this arena becouse of my game style (full tank)
Please, make it "white" for me, there is no sence to play more, if i can't do "The Reach" at 100%"

Images of my progress (what is the point to play this game more, if i cant did it by my lovely tank class? ):
rU8U9Jj.jpeg
qIjsoQ0.jpeg
gvP2ph4.png
px2BbU3.png
xESynWM.png
Bc0QXl3.png
0jG1Zys.png
sWSxMgV.png



Edited by gamersfan on January 25, 2021 1:45AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solo arenas like Vateshran and Maelstrom are designed for players to experience being tank/healer/damage dealer all at the same time.

    If you are used to only doing overland questing, Vateshran is going to be a big leap in difficulty. Even if you've had success as a tank, players who normally play tanks, healers, and damage dealers in group content regularly adjust their builds and gear a little bit to meet the demands of solo arenas like VH and MA.

    I doubt ZOS is going to give you credit for completing normal VH when you haven't, so perhaps it might be more constructive to focus on where you are struggling.

    Are you having problems with mechanics? With the DPS requirements?
  • gamersfan
    gamersfan
    DPS requirements

    "The fight against the final boss of this arena contains a damage check. If you don’t pass it, you will get oneshot"

    Nothing can help me.
    I try at werewolf to jump out of the circle before it oneshot me.
    But there is few jump animations, and ~25% chanse i will die when jump to enemy out of the circle.
    So i cant complete boss this way.

    I am Templar
    Interesting that if someone play Sorcerer or Nightblade, they can easy avoid this mechanic. This is unfairly!!!

    I dont need any help with any builds or something, I try this arena 2 days for 10 hours and i just want scream like a little girl and delete this game.
  • gamersfan
    gamersfan
    P.s. i did Maelstrom long time ago, just for the 100% area, i didnt have problems.

    Developers must do something to avoid this oneshoot for ANY class, not only Sorcerer or Nightblade.
    DPS check for explore area at 100% is silly. No more money for this game.
    Edited by gamersfan on January 24, 2021 4:09AM
  • gamersfan
    gamersfan
    Ofc its zos fault, everything can be completed by solo tank, but not this. Haha)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamersfan wrote: »
    P.s. i did Maelstrom long time ago, just for the 100% area, i didnt have problems.

    Developers must do something to avoid this oneshoot for ANY class, not only Sorcerer or Nightblade.
    DPS check for explore area at 100% is silly. No more money for this game.

    For what its worth, you aren't the only one to complain. But that also means that ZOS didn't heed those complaints either...

    In any case, here are two of the threads where players complained and got some advice that hopefully will be helpful if you do choose to adjust and try again.

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/554336/last-vvatershran-fight-is-a-dps-check-and-that-is-utter-bs/p1

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551201/veteran-vateshran-hollows-last-boss-difficulty/p1
  • gamersfan
    gamersfan
    jaws343 wrote: »
    gamersfan wrote: »
    If a poor dps solo tank can complete content with no problems that content is trash.

    You just say all pve content exept of this arena is trash, lol
    gvP2ph4.png
    px2BbU3.png
    xESynWM.png
    Bc0QXl3.png
    0jG1Zys.png
    sWSxMgV.png

  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamersfan wrote: »

    You just say all pve content exept of this arena is trash, lol

    Yeah, maybe it is. Most mechanics in most content can be skipped entirely, that's how easy the game is. There is little challenge in a game that can be slowly rolled through on a tank. It's mindless and skilless. So if you have done all of that on a tank like character solo, I have no sympathy that you can't complete the only challenging content. Content, btw, that is barely challenging once you know the mechanics.
    Edited by jaws343 on January 25, 2021 1:55AM
  • gamersfan
    gamersfan
    Its not chalanging, man. I am not dying from boss or attack of the mob. Its just DPS check and oneshoot.
    Its the same, if they did arena with million damage from mobs and you can complete it only with tank, not with DD class.
    I wish they will do it and you will be angry like me :D
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamersfan wrote: »
    Its not chalanging, man. I am not dying from boss or attack of the mob. Its just DPS check and oneshoot.
    Its the same, if they did arena with million damage from mobs and you can complete it only with tank, not with DD class.
    I wish they will do it and you will be angry like me :D

    not really. we would just realize that our DPS build isnt suited for that specific arena and would adjust accordingly. thats what we have done in Maelstrom and Vateshran, thats what we will do in forthcoming arenas. We do not feel entitled to be able to complete everything with a tank or a healer setup.
    and i guess you should do the same. by the time you posted here you could have allready adjusted your gear, slap on different skills and would have done the arena in 2 hours max.
  • gamersfan
    gamersfan
    I will not buy this dls or whatever it is.
    They spit at all tank faces.
    No more moneys for developers.
  • Lum1on
    Lum1on
    ✭✭✭
    You need to have damage to complete solo arenas, because being able to complete (supposedly) the hardest solo content as a tank would be no rewarding whatsoever because you could just let the proc sets do the work for you while you focus on blocking. Then it wouldn't be difficult and therefore it also wouldn't be rewarding nor (supposedly) the hardest solo content this game has to offer.

    You need to learn how to adapt to different situations.
    PC EU: @Lum1on
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamersfan wrote: »
    I will not buy this dls or whatever it is.
    They spit at all tank faces.
    No more moneys for developers.

    Don't worry some hundred people who will change their build will buy a crown store house, making the loss from you essentially irrelevant.

    Its solo pve seriously stop whining and change your build a little.

    In vet content on a tank (the only place one is needed) I promise you, you are changing your build every single time you go into something different.
    So deal with it, you are entitled to nothing.
    Good day
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gamersfan wrote: »
    No more money for developers.

    Lmao
    Soriana wrote: »
    I main a tank and want all the achievements I can get on her; because of that I need to make adjustments when going into content that is designed for solo/dps play. I tried as many combinations as I could from just changing gear & CP's, to different gear, different skills, pale order ring, etc. I finally ended up respeccing my attributes to all magicka and completing VH after 3 hours or so working on it.

    I understand your desire to complete the arena, I do not understand your desire to not adapt.

    I also completed it with my tank and even got the trifecta. I dont understand why some people are so stubborn and refuse to change their build a little. It didn't even cost me any gold as I didn't change cp or attributes. I only used different skills and gear. Even kept the lord mundus. The dps check is a joke at last boss. You only need 10-15k to pass it.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    gamersfan wrote: »
    This is so ridiculus, i play PVE content and must change all my build, find all equipment only to complete 1 boss at one silly and annoying arena TO COMPLETE AREA AT 100%

    I want write a letter to developert, how can i do it?

    "Hello, i very love your games. Have got many of them at steam.
    But i have a big problem at teso with Vateshran Hollows.
    I can't complete this arena. Nothing to do with it.
    I dont need any items/loot/achievements. Plz, can you make Vateshran Hollows be "white"?
    I can't explore this area at 100% becouse of this arena.
    I do all other areas (not dlc) at 100%, but now I JUST CAN'T COMPLETE
    There is no way for me to do this arena becouse of my game style (full tank)
    Please, make it "white" for me, there is no sence to play more, if i can't do "The Reach" at 100%"

    Images of my progress (what is the point to play this game more, if i cant did it by my lovely tank class? ):
    rU8U9Jj.jpeg
    qIjsoQ0.jpeg



    Image coming upon a challenge. Instead of adapting and trying to overcome it you get mad that there actually is a challenge. Wait until he gets to content that is actually difficult to tank? What then? Do we need to lower the difficulty of vet DLC trials?

    Look not all content is designed for all builds. There is a point where you need to accept that this game has a meta. You don't need to ride it to beat all content but there is a point where you need to think about the mechanics what is happening. Just like there are healing checks in this game there are DPS checks.

    Think of it this way. These mobs on vet have 227k health on vet and you have 25 seconds to kill one of them. Meaning on vet you need a minimum of 9k dps (From AlcastHQ). On normal they have significantly less health. It really doesn't take much to kill one. That's all you need to do. You could probably light attack one to death. If you are a tank you don't need to worry about the damage from the boss and other mobs.. Just spam left click while aiming at one and slowly back up as they come close.
    Legions of Mordor Core

    Cold0neFTBs
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lum1on wrote: »
    You need to have damage to complete solo arenas, because being able to complete (supposedly) the hardest solo content as a tank would be no rewarding whatsoever because you could just let the proc sets do the work for you while you focus on blocking. Then it wouldn't be difficult and therefore it also wouldn't be rewarding nor (supposedly) the hardest solo content this game has to offer.

    You need to learn how to adapt to different situations.

    I disagree -- my first blind run of veteran Vateshran was on a tank and I'm telling you it is much more difficult than running it on a damage character.

    On a tank, the fights take so much longer that you need to have extremely tight mechanics over lengthy periods of time. I'd argue that tank characters have to adapt WAY more than damage characters to make their playstyle work because the design of Vateshran is much more forgiving for damage characters.
  • Majkiy
    Majkiy
    ✭✭✭
    I am main tank, dude. And I changed my gear to dps, got a unique ring and went to Vateshran. I didn't kill last boss because of my low dps but that's something I need to train on and get better in it. Just because you are LAZY and UNWILLING to adapt, that's your fault. If you want to complete it, you must make changes. Other than that, don't go to Vateshran, if you have problem with changing gear.
  • gamersfan
    gamersfan
    TESO will loose anyone who play tank or healer and die like a game soon,
    No tanks = no dungeons, you will go play 4 dd veteran dungeons after that.
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamersfan wrote: »
    TESO will loose anyone who play tank or healer and die like a game soon,
    No tanks = no dungeons, you will go play 4 dd veteran dungeons after that.

    Im a Healer and a Tank player, but i have several DPS twinks as well. I really wanted the "of the undying song" and "spirit slayer" on my main templar healer thou.

    guess what.

    i farmed RotP, switched some gear from my Magplar to my main, morphed 3 skills differently, went in and got all the achievements in a weekend (only because some achievements for "of the undying song" are very grindy).

    After that i swapped gear back, morphed skills back and im still playing.
    What you do is exaggerating at its finest. the game will not lose anyone who plays tank or healer, the game will maybe lose you and 3 other like-minded people that par tout dont want to swap out anything and thats the end of that.
  • gamersfan
    gamersfan
    A have 1 build, 1 hero and no time for looking other items. Lol.
    Check the screenshoots, everythink was fine before, but now they did this: Vateshran Hollows
    Go swap everything, go farm items, then your time of free ESO Plus expired and you must buy this DLC to complete arena.
    [snip]
    NO MORE MONEYS FOR DEVELOPERS

    [Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on January 26, 2021 1:26PM
  • Majkiy
    Majkiy
    ✭✭✭
    gamersfan wrote: »
    A have 1 build, 1 hero and no time for looking other items. Lol.
    Check the screenshoots, everythink was fine before, but now they did this: Vateshran Hollows
    Go swap everything, go farm items, then your time of free ESO Plus expired and you must buy this DLC to complete arena.
    [snip]
    NO MORE MONEYS FOR DEVELOPERS

    Don't play the game then. No one forces you to do so. Just leave, easy as that.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on January 26, 2021 1:26PM
  • gamersfan
    gamersfan
    I want cry about this situation.
    Some classes can avoid this mechanics, so this is UNFAIR
    Take away this option from them or give it to me, lol
    Edited by gamersfan on January 26, 2021 10:51AM
  • Lum1on
    Lum1on
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree -- my first blind run of veteran Vateshran was on a tank and I'm telling you it is much more difficult than running it on a damage character.

    On a tank, the fights take so much longer that you need to have extremely tight mechanics over lengthy periods of time. I'd argue that tank characters have to adapt WAY more than damage characters to make their playstyle work because the design of Vateshran is much more forgiving for damage characters.

    To certain degree, yes. If you're really good at this game and/or have great DPS output then of course you can skip certain mechanics or you don't have to worry about them that much.

    But my point still stands that you need to have damage to complete content designed to be solo content. Just like you need to have survivability (whether it means to be tanky enough, or having self heals or shields, or both, usually).

    In my opinion if there is solo content that is (supposedly) the hardest solo content in the game, there should absolutely be no reason for it not to be hard.

    If you, or anyone else, wants to play this game with tank builds only, by all means. But if you're running into troubles with something that requires you to have damage, and they then complain about it that the mechanics is stupid, I disagree. It's like I went with zero survivability and only care about dealing damage, and I died, should I come here to complain how the mechanics are stupid because I died due to lack of my own survivability?
    PC EU: @Lum1on
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adapt or die.
    The game wont really lose tanks in trials and dungeons besides maybe one...
    Most people know how to adapt and adjust to different situations and are cognizant that adapting and learning are the keys to success.
    I really don't think you are going to find much sympathy with your refusal to change.
    However if you want to learn and adapt to clear you will find people open and willing to assist.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lum1on wrote: »
    I disagree -- my first blind run of veteran Vateshran was on a tank and I'm telling you it is much more difficult than running it on a damage character.

    On a tank, the fights take so much longer that you need to have extremely tight mechanics over lengthy periods of time. I'd argue that tank characters have to adapt WAY more than damage characters to make their playstyle work because the design of Vateshran is much more forgiving for damage characters.

    It's like I went with zero survivability and only care about dealing damage, and I died, should I come here to complain how the mechanics are stupid because I died due to lack of my own survivability?

    That's simply not an equal comparison. If you want to play a glass cannon you can still complete Vateshran without changing your build because there is no barrier holding back a glass cannon build like there is for the DPS check ring for a tank build.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gamersfan wrote: »
    I want cry about this situation.
    Some classes can avoid this mechanics, so this is UNFAIR
    Take away this option from them or give it to me, lol

    Someone in another thread suggested the Undo ultimate from the Psijic skill line might allow you to teleport through the ring similar to the way Nightblades do. I haven't tested to confirm if it's possible, and you'd really have to time your ultimate use well (if possible), but it could be something to consider.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    gamersfan wrote: »
    TESO will loose anyone who play tank or healer and die like a game soon,
    No tanks = no dungeons, you will go play 4 dd veteran dungeons after that.

    Lolz - good, that means my tank/healer/dps Mageblade will keep getting queue checks immediately when queuing :D
This discussion has been closed.