The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you refuse a healer based on race?

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
See title. Would you refuse a healer in group content based on their character race? Say, khajiit.
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?

Would you refuse a healer based on race? 315 votes

Yes
3%
RemanCyrodiil_IXarcNyladreasGreasytenguCerilonSydneyGreykarekizPaulsMerguezManSgtNuttzmegPixiepumpkinLephrel 12 votes
No
85%
MalaVrazicaBKTHNDRGilvothMalkivGalenAstroCatBelegnoledaryl.rasmusenb14_ESODarcyMardinssewallb14_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOFaulgorVolvoXXTryxusIruil_ESODanikatproteinexealainjbrennanb16_ESONeillMcAttackSkayaq 269 votes
Only on vet trials/vet dungeons
9%
SilafmagnusthorekJacozillaNukeAllTheThingsDestaipod88kkVampiricByNatureRunefangblkjagSqueaky_CleanSilverIce58YokuStarlight_KnightB0SSzombiekatorgaspartaxoxotonyblackGrianastericaperbjm42 29 votes
Only in PVP
0%
Urvoth 1 vote
Other
1%
VanyaWiseSkyTwinLampsJavaRen 4 votes
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no. My main healer is a nord templar and I've healed a crap-ton of difficult content on him, including solo trials. Race doesn't matter as much for healers and even a non-meta race like the nord has a lot to offer for the healer role. Extra defense and health makes him more survivable right out of the box, and extra ultimate generation means more warhorns. There's no build in magika sustain, but that can be compensated for with smart play.

Yes, there are races that have racial passives that add ZERO benefit to the healer role (Woodelf and orc, unless you are a stam-healer), but for most other races, the racials can add at least a little something to the healer toolkit that can be beneficial.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Wait what? Khajit has mag race bonuses that are compatible with healing, why would that be an excluded race? Other than that, probably not either, as long as they get the job done.
    Edited by zvavi on January 20, 2021 3:53PM
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No "I'm not racist, but..." option?

Disappointing. :p
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I only refuse the non-healing kind. I don't check races anyway for any role, don't matter to me at all :)
  • The_Auror
    The_Auror
    ✭✭✭
    Even in high end pve support role races don't really matter as long as you can do your job. Stay alive, keep everyone else alive and provide good buff/debuff uptimes.

The only exception might be an off healer in Zen's who is contributing to dps, and even then only the very top score pushing guilds would likely care imo.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Optimal numbers for a healer aren't that important, to my knowledge.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Race isn't as important for healers as it is for DPS. The DPS role is always hungry for more damage and every bit matters.
    In an organized trial group there are 7-8 damage dealers and if all of them have 258 spell/weapon damage less, then that adds up. A healer's main job is to buff the group and there are no racial passives that influence your buff uptimes.

Aside from that, Khajiit is actually a pretty good healing race because in addition to a small sustain buff they also have increased critical heals which can be helpful in certain situations. The worst healing races are probably Bosmer and Orc, because even Redguards get cheaper Restoration staff abilities and Nords generate more ultimate (less than on a tank but still better than none).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't care what race they are as long as they can sustain in the content we are running.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I voted no. My main healer is a nord templar and I've healed a crap-ton of difficult content on him, including solo trials. Race doesn't matter as much for healers and even a non-meta race like the nord has a lot to offer for the healer role. Extra defense and health makes him more survivable right out of the box, and extra ultimate generation means more warhorns. There's no build in magika sustain, but that can be compensated for with smart play.

Yes, there are races that have racial passives that add ZERO benefit to the healer role (Woodelf and orc, unless you are a stam-healer), but for most other races, the racials can add at least a little something to the healer toolkit that can be beneficial.

Nice, I'm a Nord Templar as well. Why did I do you ask? Cause people said I wouldn't be able to lol. Character use to be a Breton and I honestly don't see any difference between the two.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    My Bosmer Templar healer says hi. :-)
    The Moot Councillor
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Unless Khajiit can pickpocket other players, I refuse no one
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, I have 2 Khajiit (templar/necro) and an 1 Argonian (templar) healer. But back before the passive changes I did get people who were "offend" that I had Khajiit templar healer before they even seen me heal hahahaha :D
    Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a comic for this situation: "Respect your healers" by Isriana
    https://www.deviantart.com/isriana/art/TESO-Respect-Your-Healers-696152788
    51237618b2691d902861e6474a451d5c-dbigyxg.jpg
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    My Bosmer Templar healer says hi. :-)

My Bosmer Templar healer also says hi. :)

Bosmer make very good healers because they are very small targets and, if necessary, you can fit them in your pocket.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on January 20, 2021 5:05PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

To her defense, he didn't stand near group, it ain't the healer's job to run after stupid.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Only time race is potentially a dealbreaker is for DPS going for world records. For support roles, it simply doesnt matter.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Literally anyone can be a healer; it isn't difficult enough to be picky about race. What's important is what kind of buffs are you providing me.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Who cares as long as I'm alive and see the orbs/shards every now and then
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As long as they're built properly the racial passives are more like sprinkles on the cake. You can take the sprinkles off and its still a cake.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    oh crap, i miss clicked.

Supposed to be a big old "NO' from me.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'd refuse the group first if they even brought it up.

Ain't nobody got time for that level of petty elitism.
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, mostly for RP reasons. You see, I play a high elf...it's what we do.
    Dohr1lBWwAEe_IH.jpg
    Edited by Lephrel on January 20, 2021 9:35PM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No that would be stupid.

I would refuse a healer if they had a bow in a vet trial or certain vet dlc dungeons.

Only exception would be if they had dps high as mine and it wasn’t any content the required a healer. But I would still kick them for the queuing as one at the end and finish whatever we were doing ourselves.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 20, 2021 8:31PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No that would be stupid. I would refuse a healer if they had a bow.

1igqafyyh6m51.jpg
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Khajiit actually make pretty decent healers when build right (Critical Healing + Maximum Magicka bonus). I would even say that they can be better than Argonians for that role. Definitely not best, but viable.

In fact all races can be viable for all roles, and with a right build you can push that even further. Racial passives only have a meaning when you try to push it to absolute limits (like hardest Trial runs, score runs, PvP competitiveness etc).

For normal (and veteran content to some degree), racial passives are not that important.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 20, 2021 8:41PM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No that would be stupid. I would refuse a healer if they had a bow.

1igqafyyh6m51.jpg

Thank you. That did add a smile to my day.
  • RavenLake
    RavenLake
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Hard no.

My Khajiit necro healer is best healer.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Race should only influence how you build your character, not which roles you can play.