The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

List of deleted toons gone says support...

GoldenBanjo
hello, i deleted a toon on 1/7/2021...support trying to help me restore it says they cant find the toon in list of deleted characters or that the character existed at all.
so is it possible that support didnt see any character becuase i changed my old email and user id to a new ones before the deletion happened? thus changing what list they saw? cause i find it odd they cant find any data.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 17, 2021 6:53PM
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna be honest here, this sounds super sketchy. All the account info was changed right before you deleted a toon?
  • GoldenBanjo
    yes. i changed it to update it cause im paranoid...then a week later i deleted toon cause i have issues.
  • GoldenBanjo
    Eedat wrote: »
    I'm gonna be honest here, this sounds super sketchy. All the account info was changed right before you deleted a toon?

not sure what you mean.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hello, i deleted a toon on 1/7/2021...support trying to help me restore it says they cant find the toon in list of deleted characters or that the character existed at all.
    so is it possible that support didnt see any character becuase i changed my old email and user id to a new ones before the deletion happened? thus changing what list they saw? cause i find it odd they cant find any data.

Have you told Support that happened?

Everyone on this forum is a player like you, we can guess at what happened and how it might affect your request but we don't know for sure. Since you're already talking to Support the best way to find out if this might be an issue is to update your ticket with this new information and let them tell you.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Have you told Support that happened?

Everyone on this forum is a player like you, we can guess at what happened and how it might affect your request but we don't know for sure. Since you're already talking to Support the best way to find out if this might be an issue is to update your ticket with this new information and let them tell you.

Exactly! Might also be helpful to move this post over to support category, explain what happened, and put your ticket number on it too. They've been pretty awesome lately at getting back to people who put their ticket up.

Although, it is 730pm, you might not get a response till tomorrow. Never hurts to try though!

Good luck 😁👍🏻
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you deleted a toon, then created a new one, it's possible that the data from your old character was overwritten by the new one.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    If you deleted a toon, then created a new one, it's possible that the data from your old character was overwritten by the new one.

No. This is not how databases work. Not at all. There are change logs, and backups. And I am not assuming that they use a database for the game data -- there is simply no other way to create a data repository of the size and complexity that an MMO represents without using a database, and they are explicitly calling it their "database backend".

The problem here is that they can't find it, because the search information provided by the OP was insufficient, and because support quite understandably did not spend time on doing detective work when their first search turned up blank.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten told once that a toon couldn't be un-deleted because of a mix of two things. 1. The char had been deleted too long (about a year). 2. I had deleted too many chars in between which pretty much ended pushing it off the list.

That has a very big chance of being what happened, but do mention that you changed account id in the meanwhile, it also has a big chance of mattering - also be 100% sure its same server/platform ^-^
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

No. This is not how databases work. Not at all. There are change logs, and backups. And I am not assuming that they use a database for the game data -- there is simply no other way to create a data repository of the size and complexity that an MMO represents without using a database, and they are explicitly calling it their "database backend".

The problem here is that they can't find it, because the search information provided by the OP was insufficient, and because support quite understandably did not spend time on doing detective work when their first search turned up blank.
    There is no backup of individual characters and an character consist of an lots of rows: character, stats, inventory, achievements and so on.
    However then you delete an character all who happens is that the status is set to deleted.
    Now as InaMoonlight says, they will clear out this from time to time but not often.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @GoldenBanjo

You can post your ticket number in the thread if you need any updates on your current ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post