The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So, uh... Why isn't the Sea Giant Motif in the Crown Store?

B0SSzombie
B0SSzombie
✭✭✭✭✭
Greymoor came out, what, 7 months ago? And the Sea Giant Motif started dropping 5 months ago? But why wasn't it added to the Crown Store? It's the only Motif from a Trial that wasn't.

The Crown Store version was pretty much the only way I hoped to get the Motif, since I don't run Trials ever. So what's the special reason it's not in the Store?
Edited by B0SSzombie on January 11, 2021 4:45AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably artificial scarcity the same way honor guard was from Black Rose Prison was for a while. The hardest part is getting all the pieces yourself. At least for me.

It would be nice if released in the crown store as the other motifs are for those that want them. Expect that one day it will be in the crown store just not anytime soon.

Stay safe :)
  • pihlaja
    pihlaja
    ✭✭✭
    I’m totally okay with the idea of adding it to the crown store, and it’s a bit funny that it isn’t there since you can buy it in-game. Personally I’d most likely buy it from the guild vendors if I wanted to obtain it without entering trials. It doesn’t seem to be overly expensive there, imho, since even the chest piece motif seems to be around 60-70k (checked PC EU from TTC website).
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    The Crown Store version was pretty much the only way I hoped to get the Motif, since I don't run Trials ever. So what's the special reason it's not in the Store?

Once upon a time, a motif would be released in-game first. And then hit the Crown Store only after a few months of in-game availability.

This is the way it should be. Motifs should not be made available in the Crown Store at the same time as in-game availability. Rewards like motifs are meant to be enticements for players to play the content. Either directly (by running the trial yourself) or indirectly (by buying the motif from another player for gold, thereby encouraging them to run the trial more).

Releasing a motif in the Crown Store does the exact opposite: it entices players to skip the content and throw cash at ZOS in the process. It's an abominable notion. What's the point of playing a game if you just throw money at the gamemaker to avoid playing the game?

This is one of the rare instances where ZOS did the motif release correctly. Thank you ZOS.
    Edited by code65536 on January 11, 2021 9:13AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Once upon a time, a motif would be released in-game first. And then hit the Crown Store only after a few months of in-game availability.

This is the way it should be. Motifs should not be made available in the Crown Store at the same time as in-game availability. Rewards like motifs are meant to be enticements for players to play the content. Either directly (by running the trial yourself) or indirectly (by buying the motif from another player for gold, thereby encouraging them to run the trial more).

Releasing a motif in the Crown Store does the exact opposite: it entices players to skip the content and throw cash at ZOS in the process. It's an abominable notion. What's the point of playing a game if you just throw money at the gamemaker to avoid playing the game?

This is one of the rare instances where ZOS did the motif release correctly. Thank you ZOS.

Considering I will not run content that I do not enjoy, like Trials, nor pay obscene amounts of gold just to look a specific way, they lose nothing by allowing me to just buy it. I would rather not have it at all than spend over a million and a half gold to collect the entire motif. Which is the status quo I've maintained since it started dropping in Kyne's Aegis.

And I imagine that is the way many other players feel as well.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering I will not run content that I do not enjoy, like Trials, nor pay obscene amounts of gold just to look a specific way, they lose nothing by allowing me to just buy it. I would rather not have it at all than spend over a million and a half gold to collect the entire motif. Which is the status quo I've maintained since it started dropping in Kyne's Aegis.

And I imagine that is the way many other players feel as well.

I don't feel that way.

I agree with @code65536 on this one.

Trials players don't get a lot of rewards ... this is a good way for them to make some gold.

It's nice to have another option of buying them instead of running Trials.

Bottom Line: For players that have fancy tastes for cosmetic instant gratification, you better have your gold ready.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 11, 2021 5:40PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the way it should be. Motifs should not be made available in the Crown Store at the same time as in-game availability.

No kidding. I miss those days. That this changed was a clear escalation of unscrupulous monetization. Forcing compulsive buyers to wait and giving them an opportunity to earn something in game is bad business, so they changed it.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the sentiment of responses here, but for the Love of Akatosh, could ZoS NOT have them as Master Writs?
    PC/NA , I dont do trials, and what FEW I found at traders were so expensive.
    Im already stacking my bank with them and one is a gold writ. Please, either offer it in crown store or stop putting them in Master Writs.
    My 2 Drakes...
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)