The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is the worst sound in ESO...

cyclonus11
cyclonus11
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
...and why is it the Death Hound's disgusting, awful cough/hack/huff/bark noise? It's worse than the death-gargle of an NPC being assassinated.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nirnroot gets on my nerves.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sound clannfear make when they die/are unsummoned
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The screams inside my head. They won't stop. (Dragons in vSS)
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D͏̜̝̞o̯͔̺̖̮̮ ͞y̵̞̼̤̟̫̩͇o̲̬̜u̠̻̖ ̜̘̰̻̩͜k͙͙̹͓̗͓͡ͅn͇ò̫̪̰ẃ̟̯͇ ̶h̨͚̞͖̙̲ow͓̖͇̙ ̴̖̮͉̤͓̖̠l̩̤͎̖̮͎o͚͕͕̻͇̗̩͠n̖̥͓̥̩̹g҉ ̞͕̱̯̠̬͕̀Ị̫͈̝͎͝'̵̬̩̳͎̜̥v̧̗e̡ ͍̰͈̟̳b͍͕͢e̺͚͝e̩͖̗͍n҉̣ ̴̙̲͖l͝ͅo҉̱̗̪ͅo̮͖k̵͙̘̭̘͎i̷̠̞͖n̻̖͈̮̰̪͓g͏̤͔̻̤͙̙ ͙͎̜̩f͓̤̼͖o̝͟r̥ ̵͕̝y̠̥͓͇̞̰͢o̟͙̫̝u̝?̖̠̭̠͚͈̰͢
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    D͏̜̝̞o̯͔̺̖̮̮ ͞y̵̞̼̤̟̫̩͇o̲̬̜u̠̻̖ ̜̘̰̻̩͜k͙͙̹͓̗͓͡ͅn͇ò̫̪̰ẃ̟̯͇ ̶h̨͚̞͖̙̲ow͓̖͇̙ ̴̖̮͉̤͓̖̠l̩̤͎̖̮͎o͚͕͕̻͇̗̩͠n̖̥͓̥̩̹g҉ ̞͕̱̯̠̬͕̀Ị̫͈̝͎͝'̵̬̩̳͎̜̥v̧̗e̡ ͍̰͈̟̳b͍͕͢e̺͚͝e̩͖̗͍n҉̣ ̴̙̲͖l͝ͅo҉̱̗̪ͅo̮͖k̵͙̘̭̘͎i̷̠̞͖n̻̖͈̮̰̪͓g͏̤͔̻̤͙̙ ͙͎̜̩f͓̤̼͖o̝͟r̥ ̵͕̝y̠̥͓͇̞̰͢o̟͙̫̝u̝?̖̠̭̠͚͈̰͢

Dragons, in your own homeland! What are you going to do?
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • hcbigdogdoghc
    hcbigdogdoghc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar jabs
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that the death hound is awful, but I know one other thing in ESO that is more annoying than that.

It’s that Reach scout that screams at your NPC friend (won’t say the name because of spoilers) every time you arrive at the wayshrine there.

“BE OFF REEKER!!! ARD CADDOCK REFUSES TO SEE YOU. NOW GOOOO...BEFORE I GUT YOU!!!”

Note: I like to bring alts in to do dailies but I don’t do the storyline quests for them so I must endure this
    Edited by katanagirl1 on January 11, 2021 5:00AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragons, in your own homeland! What are you going to do?
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I hate a few sounds. The sound when I kill a Daggerback, the sound of Snipe, the sound of every Bosmer ever, the cockney wankers, and Echelletes.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psijic weapon skill
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elk rubbing trees.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    That female NPC in Summerset that every time one of my characters rides past her cries out in an awful accent, "Hail, Mighty Warrior!" - and then she appears up the road a ways and does it again!
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The extremely high-pitched whine of the ancestor moth pet. I remember getting it and wanting to use it, but I straight up can't because the sound gives me a headache. Apparently it's so high-pitched some people can't hear it at all. But I can. And it's gods awful... something that was complained about earlier on the forums even:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/327537/ancestor-moths-pet
    Edited by Starlock on January 11, 2021 5:53AM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That guy singing Star-Eyed Bride of Alinor in the crafting area of Alinor.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That godsawful bleeping WHINE that Giblets the dog does when he's chasing you around Daggerfall. Makes me want to claw my own eardrums out.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The mudballs sound effect.
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GWUUUUG GWUG GWUG GWUUUUG

if you couldnt tell; that is an Indrik in full gallop
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Psijic weapon skill

I love the visual effects for this skill line but Imbue Weapon sounds like if you stepped on a frog and it farted. Not sure what the Psijics were going for with this one
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Nirnroot gets on my nerves.

Enjoy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DgjBedbyxo
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The generic zombie sounds that the game uses for every type of "Zombie"

re-skinning is a major issue in enemy design imo
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental weapon :s
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    Auuuuuuu
    xForever
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sound that Foreman Llothan in Darkshade Caverns makes the entire freaking time you're fighting him. It's this terrible, high-pitched whine. I think it's intended to be a summoning noise for the kwama that spawn throughout the fight or something? Regardless, it's absolutely horrific. If I forget it's coming, and have my game sound still enabled when going into that fight, I am guaranteed to have a headache by the time he dies. If DPS is low, and the fight lasts very long, it will be a migraine and I will be out of commission for hours.

Foreman Llothan is secretly a Worm Cultist. He must be, because that's the only thing that explains how much he delights in torturing players who are at all sensitive to/can perceive high-pitched sounds.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Halt! I was sent for you !

:#
  • KovalskyNestor
    KovalskyNestor
    ✭✭✭
    When I'm doing dungeon with random group and I hear queue sound again Then I realise someone left because we got wiped at the last boss and we have to wait 10 minutes (sometimes more) for a replacement. Gotta love pugs hehe
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    'and now another attempt'

...the first time trying to clear vMA
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The “bard” singing near the dye station at Windhelm. Why there haven’t been multiple Dark Brotherhood requests to kill him, this one doesn’t know.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red diamond in most cities ... especially whatever city he's singing outside the inn you can collect. I tried killing him immediately.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's mostly bards, death hound is pretty nice tbh.
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Faiza, the clannfear sound when unsummoned is really bad, I used to have shadowrend but it made me sad every time.

Also, the indrik is quite annoying. My daughter actually noticed that, she said: "See, you made it rush and now it's got asthma" XD