The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

First round of clues/teasers for Gates of Oblivion

• RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 3:53PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank the gods, Lyranth. The only Daedra I can tolerate.
    Happy to meet her again. Always scheming against daedric lords, is she? Can not wait to foul some plans with her again.

I would be very delighted if she was a lead character, rather than some standard girl character that we have to suffer in each dungeon and dlc lately.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey ZOS, I'd like one of these please

Me too!!!
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Sju wrote: »
    Eh, more overhype for what will probably be a bigger flop of a chapter. Doom and gloom into 2021 after a year like 2020..what a great idea /s.

Not everyone is jaded and hated Greymoor like you.

I actually enjoyed the 2020 content. And I'm looking forward to 2021 even more. Happy to see Eveli and now Lyranth again.

I could be wrong, but I assumed what s/he meant by "a year like 2020" was... you know... a year like 2020 was in the real world. Not the 2020 ESO content.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »
    So what if MD isn't the villain O.o

He could have something we need or be a red herring. A really huge angry red herring.
    ZOS is rarely if ever that convoluted. Their teasers and foreshadowing is usually fairly straight forward so I doubt it.
    Well, Mephala featured ominously in the Summerset trailer, the prologue for Summerset also took us to the Spiral Skein, they created a new model for her, her statue was included in the CE. But it was Nocturnal who was the big bad in the end.

We saw Mephala like twice, once where she fights with Clavicus over Iachesis, and afterwards when she helps us. She wasn't much of an antagonist despite all the promo material on her (and none on Nocturnal who was just an angry Redguard lady in a bathrobe.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know Lyranth is coming back for the first time, but, who else do we expect (other than possibly Sharp-Arrow)? Stibbons have been MIA for a while. And there are other NPCs that weren't always turning up that might make there way back.

Is there any major or minor NPC you want to see in 2021?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We know Lyranth is coming back for the first time, but, who else do we expect (other than possibly Sharp-Arrow)? Stibbons have been MIA for a while. And there are other NPCs that weren't always turning up that might make there way back.

The ghost-hunting duo from Skyrim seemed like they could be a recurring team in the future - if we go to the Cyrodiil region (I hope we do) they might feature in a sidequest (possible Ayleid ruin)?

Also, if it is Empire stuff, we kinda need a resolution on the real Clivia Tharn, don't we? They either need to confirm she died, or resolve that thread if she didn't.

For fun, Skordo the Knife - I'd like to get caught in the Deadlands with him so we have to punch our way through Dremora.

Aaaand... who I want to see (but don't expect to): Darien, Varen, Abnur, Naryu, Emeric.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

The ghost-hunting duo from Skyrim seemed like they could be a recurring team in the future - if we go to the Cyrodiil region (I hope we do) they might feature in a sidequest (possible Ayleid ruin)?

Also, if it is Empire stuff, we kinda need a resolution on the real Clivia Tharn, don't we? They either need to confirm she died, or resolve that thread if she didn't.

For fun, Skordo the Knife - I'd like to get caught in the Deadlands with him so we have to punch our way through Dremora.

Aaaand... who I want to see (but don't expect to): Darien, Varen, Abnur, Naryu, Emeric.

I felt the ghosts hunters were definitely being set up to be a recurring couple. Maybe a Stibbons and Lady Laurent replacement? We haven't seen those two since what, Morrowind? Or was Murkmire later?

I'd love a resolution for the Clivia Tharn mess. It always sounded to me like she had been captured by the daedra, but I could be wrong and would like some more certain answers.

I could live with Skordo as the "comedic" NPC. But I'm "anyone but Rigurt". That guy got tired three expansions ago, let him retire (dis)gracefully.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is another coin, out there not mine but its out there.
    PXL_20201231_173215462.jpg?width=609&height=612
    It says AMBITION FOUL CULLING
    JUSTICE HOPE COURAGE
    If anyone was wondering.

Actually, to me it looks more like some kind of bat head, not a wolf. Then, Lyris hints on Skingrad, which had a vampire count in TES4 (I'm not sure how old he was and if his ancestors were all vampires, though)... But they can't make another vampire story (aside from the Oblivion gates one) again?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not aware of any hints towards an Argonian year in any recent DLC zones and there are no as-yet datamined Argonian items for next year.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Pets_W

Wolf-Lizard Pup
    The Wolf-Lizard Pup is simply adorable when it tries to howl, just hisses instead, and looks ever so confused.
    The Wolf-Lizard Pup is an upcoming pet. Its default name is "Hissy Howl".

Besides that

The Ambergill Guar from recent crown crate
    "The amber glow of this Gill Guar marks its origin as Gideon. Gideon Glowgill Guar is a mouthful, yeah? That's why it's an Ambergill instead. Watching a herd of these race out from Gideon? Impressive, just like their riders!"—Ukaspa of Lilmoth
    ON-mount-Ambergill_Guar.jpg

The exotic Green Dragon Frog reward for the Reveal Stream - which are known mainly to parts of Hammerfel and Black Marsh. (Though personally I think this is more a tease of Peryite than black marsh)
    0056e4ffbdbf543548b0e1d08d224d57.jpg

not as many as the leaked Imperial items but there are hints here and there.
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    There is another coin, out there not mine but its out there.
    PXL_20201231_173215462.jpg?width=609&height=612
    It says AMBITION FOUL CULLING
    JUSTICE HOPE COURAGE
    If anyone was wondering.

Actually, to me it looks more like some kind of bat head, not a wolf. Then, Lyris hints on Skingrad, which had a vampire count in TES4 (I'm not sure how old he was and if his ancestors were all vampires, though)... But they can't make another vampire story (aside from the Oblivion gates one) again?

Agree, looks rather like a bat head. I would love to see another vampire story and if it goes indeed to Skingrad it would fit to meet an earlier member from the Hassildor family or to learn more about them in general. Maybe there are some clues how Fennorian became a vampire? I would enjoy to see him again, but its not very likely (not so soon).
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    So, UESP is suggesting that each coin may be representative of a different Clans in service to Mehrunes Dagon:

IIRC, someone in another thread pointed out that it appeared like each element (Fire, Frost, Lightning) appeared in the teaser trailer. It would also appear that at least two of those clans have atronachs in their service. Clan Xivlai had Frost Atronachs in their service, and Clan Shardai had Flame Atronachs.

Again, it's just speculation, but there could be the possibility of the 3 clans appearing with each having its own associated element.

Now, who knows what ZOS would be doing introducing 3 different allied/opposing factions in a new realm with different sigils and recognizable visual differences via elements...

Maybe they are getting rid of the Three Banner War and replacing it with this one?? :D Look out Cyrodiil might be getting a revamp!!
    Edited by James-Wayne on January 4, 2021 2:33PM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Agree, looks rather like a bat head. I would love to see another vampire story and if it goes indeed to Skingrad it would fit to meet an earlier member from the Hassildor family or to learn more about them in general. Maybe there are some clues how Fennorian became a vampire? I would enjoy to see him again, but its not very likely (not so soon).

I too, personally, have nothing against well-written vampire stories. But it's not about my tastes here - the question is if another vampire themed chapter would sell to most users? And unfortunately, I doubt that. Or are there any clues that the last chapter and the following one(s) are supposed to be a linked story arch?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The upcoming Crown stuff seems mixed, like, hey we're tossing out some filler items but just wait until you see the new merch that comes up after that... *obviously exaggerated winking or possibly a nervous twitch*
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Allew
    Allew
    Soul Shriven
    The Polish YouTuber Allternator received a third coin with a different reverse and the inscription "AMBITION ONE POWER STRENGTH HONOR REVOLUTION"
    Here is the link to the photo: https://facebook.com/106219821021209/photos/a.106283771014814/243387573971099
    Edited by Allew on January 7, 2021 1:10PM
  • Allew
    Allew
    Soul Shriven
    :)
    Edited by Allew on January 7, 2021 1:05PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allew wrote: »
    The Polish YouTuber Allternator received a third coin with a different reverse and the inscription "AMBITION ONE POWER STRENGTH HONOR REVOLUTION"
    Here is the link to the photo: https://facebook.com/106219821021209/photos/a.106283771014814/243387573971099

I have absolutely no clue what that is. The other animals were quite obvious, but this?

Chupacabra?

Edit: I suppose it could be a land dreugh ... Lyg confirmed!? :o
    Edited by Faulgor on January 7, 2021 2:06PM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read an interesting article here https://collider.com/gates-of-oblivion-eso-release-date/

"Elder Scrolls Online: Gates of Oblivion will be available on PS5 / PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC/Mac at an undetermined date later this calendar year, but we'll get our next bit of info with a Global Reveal Event on January 21st at 5pm EST."
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Edit: I suppose it could be a land dreugh ...

I thought the same when seeing it.

@Syldras | PC | EU
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyr...Lyranth. Oh thank god it's not Lyris again!
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    Just read an interesting article here https://collider.com/gates-of-oblivion-eso-release-date/

"Elder Scrolls Online: Gates of Oblivion will be available on PS5 / PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC/Mac at an undetermined date later this calendar year, but we'll get our next bit of info with a Global Reveal Event on January 21st at 5pm EST."

It was announced on the official website almost a month ago: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59311
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    LalMirchi wrote: »

It was announced on the official website almost a month ago: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59311

Sorry, guess I missed that.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure others are/will be posting similar things - this was the first I've seen...

Here is the text of the letter:

Little Mortal,

The coin included with this letter is one of three such disks that hold some significance
    to the Order of the Waking Flame. The cultist I acquired it from has no further need
    of it, and it may assist you in the near future. Study the coin, for I believe there may be a
    clue to the cult’s activities hidden in its etched surfaces. In due time, I will summon you.

Things are about to occur and I will require a mortal’s touch. Be ready.

Lyranth

After having a chat with said cultist, who mumbles his words a bit, I came to realize he was actually a member of the Order of the Walking Flume - a small but devout group who are dedicated to the cleaning of clothes. The coin is one of three required to be placed into specific slots in the shrine in order for the water to be mystically removed from the clothes.

Or so I'm told.

:#
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Edit: I suppose it could be a land dreugh ...

I thought the same when seeing it.

I took another look at all the coins in comparison.
    If the 3rd coin is indeed a Dreugh, it is also the only one that is upside down in relation to the text on the rim.
    If that doesn't suggest Lyg, I don't know what does.

Although I guess it's strange a Dagon cult would have a coin made depicting one of his adversaries, but who knows.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Allew
    Allew
    Soul Shriven
    The pictures on the first and second coins remind me of cities banners.
    1. Kvatch
    2. Markarth
    3. I don't know what it is either. Maybe a crown? Winterhold?
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool that folks are translating the daedric runes on the coin! Kinda like how the community translated that parchment with the Daedric runes on it from the Greymoor update. Kudos y'all :)

I also read somewhere that destruction is coming to our beloved Tamriel....

I wonder if the are going to turn ESO's rendition of Tamriel upside down...kinda like how WoW did with the Cataclysm patch. Basically everything was in shambles. For those that aren't familiar with that patch.

All signs are starting to shape up that way, at least from my personal PoV.

Just speculation at this point though.

I played Oblivion...the game...got very tired of the endless gates into hell...not looking forward to another round of it. Seems "they" should have put their creative hats on and found another direction to go??? I try to avoid hell...not look for it...
    I know nutting....
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    Pretty cool that folks are translating the daedric runes on the coin! Kinda like how the community translated that parchment with the Daedric runes on it from the Greymoor update. Kudos y'all :)

I also read somewhere that destruction is coming to our beloved Tamriel....

I wonder if the are going to turn ESO's rendition of Tamriel upside down...kinda like how WoW did with the Cataclysm patch. Basically everything was in shambles. For those that aren't familiar with that patch.

All signs are starting to shape up that way, at least from my personal PoV.

Just speculation at this point though.
    I played Oblivion...the game...got very tired of the endless gates into hell...not looking forward to another round of it. Seems "they" should have put their creative hats on and found another direction to go??? I try to avoid hell...not look for it...
    Oblivion Gates will probably be this year's Dolmen / Abyssal Geysers / Harrowstorms. Magical McGuffin, waves of enemies, ends on a boss. All of those Dolmen got repetitive as hell, I don't think Oblivion Gates will be any worse, and at least they have lore reason for existing rather than purple glowy pearl things because Summerset is made of Swiss Cheese for some reason? :smiley:
  • Nareya726
    Nareya726
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still not getting my hopes up for storytelling, but I'm excited that Lyranth is coming back!