The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

WHEN are you going to fix this EXPLOIT with Unfathomable Darkness !?!?

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I know a few people who shall not be named, that exploit this to their hearts content. Well knowing it is bugged with Hurricane. Maybe Zenimax could look into these culprits and give them a little break to think about their crimes.

Edited by Dracane on December 31, 2020 11:37PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved how you capitalized the words “when”and “exploit” and put several exclamation points and question marks in your header. It really added a sense of excitement and drama when reading it.
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    My numbers are not low, I`m talking from PvP received damage, 3-5k is the UD damage when exploited with Huricane per tick.
    Normally this set hits for around 1.5-3k per tick.
  • LMFBA
    LMFBA
    ✭✭✭
    This set even when run on stam sorc with hurricane isnt a problem. Crimson, Venemous smite, Thews of harbinger, Eternal vigor, Red mountain, Sheer venom to name but a few all out perform this set!

Its not even viable to run in pvp currently so making it worse will relagate it to the bin with the other 95% of sets that no one ever uses, leaving it like this might at least encourage a few niche builds.

The damage in pvp is from 3k to 5k every 3 seconds, so even at max its 1.7k dps.

If you struggle against someone running this i suggest looking to your own build/playstyle.
    Edited by LMFBA on January 1, 2021 3:38AM
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMFBA wrote: »
    This set even when run on stam sorc with hurricane isnt a problem. Crimson, Venemous smite, Thews of harbinger, Eternal vigor, Red mountain, Sheer venom to name but a few all out perform this set!

The damage in pvp is from 3k to 5k every 3 seconds, so even at max its 1.7k dps.

If you struggle against someone running this i suggest looking to your own build/playstyle.

Struggle or not doesn't change the fact that UD is bugged with Hurricane. A lot of people have known about this since Stonethorn. The willing to bet those other sets you mentioned except Sheer Venom will get adjustments sometime this year.
  • LMFBA
    LMFBA
    ✭✭✭

Struggle or not doesn't change the fact that UD is bugged with Hurricane. A lot of people have known about this since Stonethorn. The willing to bet those other sets you mentioned except Sheer Venom will get adjustments sometime this year.

There are far more game impacting programming errors/conflicts to worry about than this minor acceptable synergie of set and skill, not causing a problem, my guess is its a NB main player who will cry about this.

Everyone needs to remember ZO$ are not good at 'fixing' things as they code with a sledge hammer not a scalpel and they will definately break more than they 'fix'.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ha, murder by crows, by a murder of crows...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 1, 2021 9:22AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering mag necro’s blastbones still hasn’t been fixed for like a year at this point, i doubt this’ll get patched.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not even viable to run in pvp currently so making it worse will relagate it to the bin with the other 95% of sets that no one ever uses, leaving it like this might at least encourage a few niche builds.

People be talking about 3-5k hits from unfathomable as if that's anything extreme.

Rookie numbers.....seen this set with the Hurricane bug hit for 7-8k on (tanky) players. Have fun trying to deal with 2-3 consecutive 7-8k hits while taking damage from other sources as well. Unless you're a full blown tank you're doing to struggle.
    Edited by Qbiken on January 1, 2021 10:43AM
  • LMFBA
    LMFBA
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

People be talking about 3-5k hits from unfathomable as if that's anything extreme.

Rookie numbers.....seen this set with the Hurricane bug hit for 7-8k on (tanky) players. Have fun trying to deal with 2-3 consecutive 7-8k hits while taking damage from other sources as well. Unless you're a full blown tank you're doing to struggle.

ive tested extensively and 3-5k is the limit in pvp with capped pen on someone who pvp's not a wall repairer, but irrelevent as there is a setand skill/cp overhaul coming and ZO$ will continue there headlong dive into destroying this game then everyone will be wanting this type of insignificant and accidental set enhancement as oppose to what lies ahead. dun dun duuuuun.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3-5k is the limit with capped pen.......

Ok

/s
    [img][/img]bdhmtsE.png
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks OP for posting this.... You've saved me another bunch of tantrums I'd throw after dying to stamsorcs with unexplainable damage.

Can't tell you how mad I was at certain players.... Now I know why they hit that hard.

I'm willing to bet there are a whole lot more exploits of this kind. Because sometimes (actually often lately) people throw stuff at you that I cannot possibly explain even with 6 year long PvP experience.
    Edited by Nyladreas on January 1, 2021 4:16PM
  • LMFBA
    LMFBA
    ✭✭✭

Ok

/s
    [img][/img]bdhmtsE.png

If you are going to quote me please quote the whole thing and not just the part you pick and choose out of context!

'3-5k is the limit in pvp with capped pen on someone who pvp's not a wall repairer'

Who cares what it ticks against potatoes they are dead already!
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone thoroughly explain how this "exploit" works, and why they consider it to be an "exploit", rather than bad design? I'm asking because this conversation is interesting; but as someone who doesn't know the background here, a degree of context would go a long way..
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it doesn’t work quite as intended but it’s not an exploit by a long shot. I generally hate the proc meta but thought I’d give this set a try on my stam sorc because crows are cool, lol, much better than being surrounded by a circle of blood or whatever Crimson Twilight is supposed to be. Alas, at least in my casual testing, it seems underwhelming. I guess that’s why I’ve never encountered anyone wearing this set nor, indeed, even heard of it before this thread. :frowning:
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok

/s
    [img][/img]bdhmtsE.png

If you are going to quote me please quote the whole thing and not just the part you pick and choose out of context!

'3-5k is the limit in pvp with capped pen on someone who pvp's not a wall repairer'

I've seen 6-7k ticks frol unfathomable on tanky DK's in PvP so try again.
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭

Ok

/s
    [img][/img]bdhmtsE.png

I have 30k resist and got hit for 15k dmg by 3 ticks of UD. Its a stupidly overpowered set with hurricane
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also hear that hurricane constantly procs ravager as well. would explain why many stam sorcs are running ravager and unfathomable.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can sorc get a rework now?
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    There is a big difference between elements of the game being poorly balanced, and exploits.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also hear that hurricane constantly procs ravager as well. would explain why many stam sorcs are running ravager and unfathomable.

I've heard this as well and trying to figure out how this works.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Thats what I noticed. It's really bad consider this game has a problem with tanks who soak dmg then burst dmg the enemy down. Oh well might aswell jump on the band wagon
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this an unfathamable bug or hurricane bug, ie has anyway tested other DOT sets to see if hurricane is buffing them too??
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone offer a detailed explanation of what OP is referring to? Which sets / skills, how do they interact, how does a player capitalize on that reaction, etc..?
  • Grandsheba
    Grandsheba
    ✭✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »
    For all of you who don't know what I`m talking about:

Stamsorc hurricane increases Unfathomable Darkness damage by 150% when it procs it so you can see between 3-5k damage per thick on players, totally overpowered and is a thing for a long time now...

I dint use this set, but it just sounds like a good build... Not an "exploit" stay out of range, block every 3 seconds, stun them or just kill them. You're not going to win every single fight and just because you lose doesn't mean it's "OP". OP is for when the scenario has no feasible counter to it.
    "The Tower touches all the mantles of Heaven and by its apex one can be as he will. Be as he was and yet changed for all else on that path for those that walk after. This is [CHIM] the secret of how mortals become makers, and makers back to mortals."
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grandsheba wrote: »
    Ruder wrote: »
    For all of you who don't know what I`m talking about:

Stamsorc hurricane increases Unfathomable Darkness damage by 150% when it procs it so you can see between 3-5k damage per thick on players, totally overpowered and is a thing for a long time now...

I dint use this set, but it just sounds like a good build... Not an "exploit" stay out of range, block every 3 seconds, stun them or just kill them. You're not going to win every single fight and just because you lose doesn't mean it's "OP". OP is for when the scenario has no feasible counter to it.

nice necro
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG first ... it is 2 years old topic!!!! and not working.
    Really sorry for my english
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hi there!

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.