The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

WHEN are you going to fix this EXPLOIT with Unfathomable Darkness !?!?

Ruder
Ruder
✭✭✭✭
For all of you who don't know what I`m talking about:

Stamsorc hurricane increases Unfathomable Darkness damage by 150% when it procs it so you can see between 3-5k damage per thick on players, totally overpowered and is a thing for a long time now...
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 8, 2023 1:56PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »

Stamsorc hurricane increases Unfathomable Darkness damage by 150% when it procs it so you can see between 3-5k damage per thick on players, totally overpowered and is a thing for a long time now...

3-5k? Try 8-10k with the last hits.

Sadly I don't think this one is going to get fixed any time soon.
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    It isn't a exploit, it is a "beloved feature" that will remain due to fan support.

You know like standing in your saddle or dragging your bow between your legs.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it works with an ability rather than hitting hard all on its own like Crimson Twilight and others! :unamused:
    Strangely, I don’t think I’ve encountered anyone wearing this set while I encounter CT all too often.
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Note to self: must farm unfathomable darkness for otherwise useless stamsorc...
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

3-5k doesn't seem like much when tooltip is base 6k with room to go higher with penetration. Factor in resistances and 3-5k seems about right, no? Maybe I'm missing something.

Unfathomable Darkness
    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (3 items) Adds 1487 Physical Penetration
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) When you deal damage, you call a murder of crows around you for 12 seconds. Every 3 seconds a crow will be sent to peck the closest enemy within 12 meters of you, dealing 6020 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure it's an exploit, Ruder? Don't get me wrong, having 5k damage spammed on you is a lot. But these days that's pretty normal. When I look at my combat log I see is 5 or 6k damage spam all over the place. And that's with well over 30k resistance...
    Edited by Jeremy on December 30, 2020 5:42AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So normal damage is:

Is 3-5k

This brings it WAY higher,
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 30, 2020 7:10AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

Are you sure it's an exploit, Ruder? Don't get me wrong, having 5k damage spammed on you is a lot. But these days that's pretty normal. When I look at my combat log I see is 5 or 6k damage spam all over the place. And that's with well over 30k resistance...

Go and read hurricanes tooltip mate, it`s only supposed to icrease its own dmg over time, not to buff any other dmg-sources. I don`t know if it`s true what opening-poster claims, but if it is, it`s obvious that something isn`t working as intended. And if players knowingly use something that is not working as intended to gain advantage they are exploiting.
    If this hurricane-unfathomable thing really works as claimed, no doubt many stamsorcs out there know that and use unfathomable exactly because of that.
    It`s just sad how honor and sportsmanship seem to be things of past these days and no longer used. Also common sense.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP's numbers are too low.

Its definitely not intended to work that way.

I doubt anyone would be banned for doing it
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 30, 2020 7:08AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean "if"? People have been doing this *** forever. It's just recently that people started talking about it and now every stamsorc is using it. I think the highest I've seen are 8k ticks. This isn't even the only thing that is broken with hurricane.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair as a wise man once said: it is not cheating, much less an exploit, If it is in the games Programming.

So unless Zeni decide to deem it an “Exploit” it isn’t hurting much, for all I know it could be a fun little hidden skill of sorts from a PvE perspective, something to bring a smile to casual faces.

Also, if it is accurate, then why not use that talent to score some battleground outfit styles before the “Fun police” invade and destroy a fun semi-harmless gimmick.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested with my sorc. Its definitely a thing.

Its definitely not prevalent on Xbox. I havent seen it once
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm, hurricane increases damage of unfathomable darkness. Tested it with 3mil skeleton in my house. Procing unfathomable with light attacks lead to steady normal dmg of bit over 6k ticks. Procing it with hurricane resulted in unfathomables dmg ticks increasing every time while hurricane was active. It doesn`t buff 150% as unfathomable got only 12 sec duration while hurricane got 15 sec, but highest unfathomable dmg tick was almost 13k, so last tick of set dealt almost double damage. Sent in-game report to zos.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tested, and yeah when it's the hit from Hurricane that procs Unfathomable Darkness, the damage of each crow grows.

Not sure how valuable this would be in application, though... You'd have to get right next to your target without damaging them to avoid the proc, and then guarantee that the first hit you do is with Hurricane. Even if you put Unfathomable Darkness on the back bar you'd still have to ensure that no other DOT or damage occurs before swapping in to activate Hurricane or when gap closing to get close to the target.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭

i was WONDERING why those were going for such a high price.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know its wrong, but that's pretty hilarious. That must be why I've seen that set being used again.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last hit, without malacath hits about 10k on a target dummy. Not sure of resistances of a dummy but IIRC initial crow was like 4.5K.
    I tested with my sorc. Its definitely a thing.

Its definitely not prevalent on Xbox. I havent seen it once

Very prevalent on PC NA. Some toad posted it on the forums and the next few days it was in the Golden Vendor. People dusting off their stamsorcs to run it.
    To be fair as a wise man once said: it is not cheating, much less an exploit, If it is in the games Programming.

So many things wrong with this. Exploiting is never less than cheating. All exploits are cheating. That's what leveraging an exploits is.

Secondly, all exploits are related to a flaw in the programming. Whoever came up with that quote is someone cheating trying to cover his arse.
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    They won’t ban a chunk player base over this it’s going be either nerfed or kept as is. Probably be kept as is since there is bigger issues up front.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can the code be written so badly that it is like this...
    Edited by zvavi on December 31, 2020 4:28PM
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like I need to try this on Gankers in IC.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here my stamsorc wears this because I like the animation... I feel like a hipster now.
    The Moot Councillor
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shimm wrote: »
    Note to self: must farm unfathomable darkness for otherwise useless stamsorc...

isn't this what these kind of threads are really for...seriously, can't tell you how many different sets I've acquired and tried out due to someone complaining about it being OP...

whenever I read one of these it's like: okay, note to self, must try this set...

hmmmmm, sounds like unfathomable and viper together might be just the ticket, as long as you can sustain your hurricane don't even need to really do much more :)
    Edited by geonsocal on December 31, 2020 7:13PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    DB combo with this set is stupid, Thanks for bringing this to lite now I must farm this for my Stamsorc,.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Zaan breifly did the same when it procced burning, scaling the burning damage over time. That was fixed pretty fast after it was reported.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iki wrote: »

Go and read hurricanes tooltip mate, it`s only supposed to icrease its own dmg over time, not to buff any other dmg-sources. I don`t know if it`s true what opening-poster claims, but if it is, it`s obvious that something isn`t working as intended. And if players knowingly use something that is not working as intended to gain advantage they are exploiting.
    If this hurricane-unfathomable thing really works as claimed, no doubt many stamsorcs out there know that and use unfathomable exactly because of that.
    It`s just sad how honor and sportsmanship seem to be things of past these days and no longer used. Also common sense.

The crows are a DOT, similar to how Relequen is a DOT But I think OP is confused. Hurricane can proc the crows as its physical damage. But it doesn't sound like its increasing their damage as the crows cause 6,200 damage, in which case 3-5K damage is less.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very hard to take what might well be a legitimate complaint seriously when you play fast and loose with terms like Exploit...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The crows are a DOT, similar to how Relequen is a DOT But I think OP is confused. Hurricane can proc the crows as its physical damage. But it doesn't sound like its increasing their damage as the crows cause 6,200 damage, in which case 3-5K damage is less.

Op's numbers are just low. But it is an issue.

I was getting 12k+ ticks, and I was only wearing unfathomable and malacath

Edit on a dummy with CP
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 31, 2020 9:24PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is very hard to take what might well be a legitimate complaint seriously when you play fast and loose with terms like Exploit...

Using this with hurricane is gaining an advantage by exploiting a bug with unintended set behavior. By very definition it is considered an exploit.

Is it the game breaking exploit that ESO has ever faced? No. But it's still an exploit.

You can be cool with exploiting a bug. But any argument that it is not a exploit is either not knowing what an exploit is or trying to defend yourself for leveraging it to your own advantage.

The game has bigger problems than this bug. You're still scum if you exploit it though.
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭

It shouldn't increase the damage--but it does. That's the bug. Every tick ramps the damage up. Can be seen by standing on a guard or dummy with it.
    Edited by IAmIcehouse on December 31, 2020 9:54PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It shouldn't increase the damage--but it does. That's the bug. Every tick ramps the damage up. Can be seen by standing on a guard or dummy with it.

That makes more sense. Interesting.
This discussion has been closed.