Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

December Daily Rewards

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Every month when someone posts the free login rewards and people start griping about them, I'm reminded of Dudley Dursley looking over his roomful of birthday presents and pitching a fit about how many there are in comparison to how many he got the year before.

Awesome comparison. Thanks.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    I unironically prefer login rewards not being awesome. This month, logging in is not a duty to earn the big price. I do not need to login because rewards but I can use some of the stuff. Which is nice.

I see this logic lol. The one time I didn't log in for a complete due to work + health everyone got that shiny bear baby that I freaking love 😔 But I missed it.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only ever pay attention to these when a 100k gold day comes along. Otherwise i ignore the notification to claim whenever i log in and go about my time.

Which is why I don't understand how others get in such a tizzy over this.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    They're telling us to spend more time with our friends and families this season ...

And other games...with better incentives
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    They're telling us to spend more time with our friends and families this season ...

And other games...with better incentives

Agreed. They even make you feel like you're a valued customer too.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santa needs to come and fix performance because it ain't happening in-house
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah the monthly discussion about wether or not its presumptuous to expect a decent reward at the end of period.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Well hey! At least they are giving us the crate on the actual Solstice, that's nice. Little something for those of us who celebrate Yule. :D

It has nothing to do with "Yule" or "solstice". Every month the best reward is given on 21st, so that even people who dont log in daily have a chance to get it.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    angrydrew wrote: »
    cheap nasty potions at xmas

Way better than the cheap nasty booze and stuff - that's then way overpriced, cos its.... :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty Weak. I used to get at least a little excited for the crates until I realized that the preview crates are all the same. At least I dont have to be strict about logging in this month.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty Weak. I used to get at least a little excited for the crates until I realized that the preview crates are all the same. At least I dont have to be strict about logging in this month.

Were the crates ever different? I mean like a real crate, not a preview one with a pet. Cause I remember the first time I played this game, I got a crate that dropped a nice Malacath statue.

this one

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/statue-of-malacath-orc-father/

Edited by gatekeeper13 on December 2, 2020 4:34PM
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Every month when someone posts the free login rewards and people start griping about them, I'm reminded of Dudley Dursley looking over his roomful of birthday presents and pitching a fit about how many there are in comparison to how many he got the year before.

A different pov,

ESO is not free, & monthly rewards are not given out of the kindness of ZOS's heart.

ESO is a business, and we're the customer.

Exactly!
    - When they continuously degrade the quality of login rewards... they lose logins. Not exactly the business model I would chose.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Were the crates ever different? I mean like a real crate, not a preview one with a pet. Cause I remember the first time I played this game, I got a crate that dropped a nice Malacath statue.

this one

Yes. They used to give away real crates in both the login and awards and during ps plus weekends for people who already had eso+. They discontinued both practices because some people got nice stuff without spending any money on crates.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

this one

Yes. They used to give away real crates in both the login and awards and during ps plus weekends for people who already had eso+. They discontinued both practices because some people got nice stuff without spending any money on crates.

That’s rather crappy, especially since people are already paying them and regularly who have ESO+. :unamused: And does it hurt sales for everyone to have an occasional chance for a free crate? GW2 gives them as story rewards (within limits of course, or there would be people grinding for them) and occasional drops for map completion. And very little was locked behind crate-equivalents in GW2 nor SWTOR, if I remember right (and it may well have changed in five years too, Idk).

I’m generally not here to complain and there is much that I love about ESO and have had ESO+ since I started last year, but everything about the Crown Crates — including how much is locked behind them and being stuck with what you get unless it’s duplicate — is a recurring source of frustration. At least the celebration events are still good — I’m sorry I wasn’t here for Summerset but last year’s dragon event and this year’s antiquities events were great with wonderful rewards! And yes, I know those are to promote chapter sales; they make it feel more worthwhile to me if I was otherwise on the fence. Maybe extra bonuses for ESO+ would do likewise?

Sorry, I may have strayed off topic, yet I feel that it is not so much the daily log in rewards that people are disappointed about, but how they appear combined with no more crates for ESO+ and decreasing offerings each year for Black Friday sales, etc. Of course I understand some promotions may be tried and then changed or abandoned if not what were hoped for, but when so much changes in a similar direction along with a perceived absence of community responsiveness, I think that makes people bitter.