Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

December Daily Rewards

• rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excellent rewards. No pressure to log in whatsoever.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really missed an opportunity by putting the one good thing on the 21st day instead of the 25th.

21st is an appropriate day. First day of Yule and the winter solstice.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    What the hell is this? this is nothing! Two years ago you got free pet, helmet and skin. Last year you got cash, pet and head with headskin. Now you get a preview crowncrate. op.. just op.
    So now we not even get Christmas gift from them? Bad game, bad rewards.. wow...

It's a game that is slowly dying and they dont even care to make their community happy anymore....
  • Carthelion
    Carthelion
    ✭✭✭
    On a good month I can get to say day 14 😑 and December? No chance, oh well.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rewards ????????????
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see non-Skyrim themed crates.
    Too many Skyrim themed items in recent months.

Well this crate right here is just the beginning of what's to come next year... "A year long" full of imperial stuff! So get ready!!!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice rewards very usefull. I like them (no sarcasm).
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been playing for a complete year yet and I recall that there have different been skins, costumes, pets, emotes, hair styles, cosmetics and wasn't there a whole polymorph at some point this year?
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    Akaviri crates. I love anything Akaviri. So east Asian inspired items is going to be very interesting.
    They're more Imperial.
    aw-crwn-pets-akaviripotentatebearcub-1x1.jpg
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During November of 2018 they gave away the Murkmire DLC. We will probably never see something like that given away ever again.
    We saw. The "free" Greymoor for everyone who logged in after a maintenance. :D
    And "free" necromancer in the last year.
    Edited by Ekzorka on December 1, 2020 7:34PM
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    During November of 2018 they gave away the Murkmire DLC. We will probably never see something like that given away ever again.
    We saw. The "free" Greymoor for everyone who logged in after a maintenance. :D
    And "free" necromancer in the last year.

Insightful but true
  • angrydrew
    angrydrew
    ✭✭✭
    cheap nasty potions at xmas
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're telling us to spend more time with our friends and families this season ...
    PC NA
  • Revelation2154
    Revelation2154
    Soul Shriven
    Ebenezer Scrooge Worked hard on this months login rewards
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really missed an opportunity by putting the one good thing on the 21st day instead of the 25th.

21st is an appropriate day. First day of Yule and the winter solstice.

Agreed, Winter Solstice is much more appropriate than any particular holiday. Anyway, I did not expect great rewards this month, and certainly not close to the end, or you know there would be people raising hell about missing out because they’re going on vacation for a few weeks. But there are several things that I will find useful, especially as I’m still in the long grind to learn the final traits on my main crafter.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does everyone hold ZoS to a different standard... than say... your cable company...or your cell phone company? ZoS is not your friend... they are a multi-billion dollar company that is beholden to their investors to make as money as possible...and when that dries up ...no more ESO...

Also all the stuff that they do is not some random thought that pops into their head in the middle of the night... they have extensive algorithms dedicated to get the most cash out of us as possible...Once people start realizing that ZoS is not in it for US... then people might have a different perspective...
  • Slyclone
    Slyclone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Y'all negative.

I would like them to consider adding Transmute Crystals in the mix.

And a cool million gold one day.

An outfit change token.

And a ring or necklace that gets you better rewards from pickpocketing.
    That's it, that's all.
  • iGotBaited
    I to hate free....FREE gifts. This entire post is a perfect example of how insanely ungrateful and entitled today's society is.

Tis the season'
    Edited by iGotBaited on December 1, 2020 8:58PM
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    iGotBaited wrote: »
    I to hate free....FREE gifts. This entire post is a perfect example of how insanely ungrateful and entitled today's society is.

Tis the season'

Its just that some of us remember how good the daily rewards used to be and are just comparing them to how they are now.

Or to put it another way: "The courtesy of your hall is somewhat lessened of late Théoden, King."
    Edited by RPGplayer13579 on December 1, 2020 9:18PM
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's disappointing. At least I won't be missing much when I take a break to play cyberpunk lol

^ This
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    A different pov,
    ESO is not free, & monthly rewards are not given out of the kindness of ZOS's heart.
    ESO is a business, and we're the customer.

ANd thats how they treat us?
    Also are we just some cow which they can milk? :I

I used to live next to a cow farmer that was nicer to his cows than ZOS is to us.
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iGotBaited wrote: »

Tis the season'

Its just that some of us remember how good the daily rewards used to be and are just comparing them to how they are now.

Indeed.... and some of us remember when there weren't any daily login rewards at all, but we still played.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite log-in rewards are the costumes I actually liked -- Priestess of Mara and Skald's Damask, although I don't use the latter one now. (The bard/thief character who wore it was renamed to Grumpy Ex Wood Elf.)

Well, Priestess of Mara was given away for a few days for Black Fredas. I don't know whether this was for everybody or just ESO+ subscribers.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Priestess of Mara was free for ESO+, which is ofc also a nice gesture to your longtime players that have long got that costume. :#
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm new crates coming. Interesting. I wonder what shinies we'll see in these.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Every month when someone posts the free login rewards and people start griping about them, I'm reminded of Dudley Dursley looking over his roomful of birthday presents and pitching a fit about how many there are in comparison to how many he got the year before.

A different pov,

ESO is not free, & monthly rewards are not given out of the kindness of ZOS's heart.

So looking at it like that a fast food place gives out coupons for buy one get one free. Then the next coupon is buy one get one half price do you complain about the coupon or are you happy that they bothered with a coupon at all?

I still look at the log-in rewards as something to help new players or players creating new characters. My 2nd account I made use of almost every daily reward. My main account I've had from the beginning I doubt I used more than one or two of the rewards. I'm okay with that. Even if they offered no daily reward I would still play the game because I like the game. If I didn't like the game no amount of cool rewards (maybe if they sent me beer) would get me to play.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Every month when someone posts the free login rewards and people start griping about them, I'm reminded of Dudley Dursley looking over his roomful of birthday presents and pitching a fit about how many there are in comparison to how many he got the year before.

A different pov,

So looking at it like that a fast food place gives out coupons for buy one get one free. Then the next coupon is buy one get one half price do you complain about the coupon or are you happy that they bothered with a coupon at all?

I still look at the log-in rewards as something to help new players or players creating new characters. My 2nd account I made use of almost every daily reward. My main account I've had from the beginning I doubt I used more than one or two of the rewards. I'm okay with that. Even if they offered no daily reward I would still play the game because I like the game. If I didn't like the game no amount of cool rewards (maybe if they sent me beer) would get me to play.

In the fast food analogy, maybe you would eat somewhere else if they were no longer offering such good deals. There’s a reason why places offer discounts and coupons after all!

But I do agree about the rewards in this case and I didn’t see anything in pics from previous years that was so much better (not that I analyzed them), but the preview crate seems to me equivalent to a free pet and like you, I do find many of the rewards useful. Certainly no one would log onto a game they disliked for in-game rewards because what would be the point! :lol: But some rewards such as 100k gold have prompted me to log in at least briefly when I was otherwise busy or taking a break from the game.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    You all can "different POV" me all you want, but it doesn't erase my mental image of Dudley Dursley ungratefully pitching a fit. :)

Well if you truly believe that you owe gratitude to a corporation for bribing you to use their product, then that is your decision. I am not grateful for a login system that other games do better. I prefer to be glad for service that goes the extra mile, not standard features, personally.

Recognizing other people's ingratitude isn't the same as feeling that any gratitude is owed. But if you feel that it's necessary to defend other people's ingratitude, then whatever.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I unironically prefer login rewards not being awesome. This month, logging in is not a duty to earn the big price. I do not need to login because rewards but I can use some of the stuff. Which is nice.
    Edited by rpa on December 2, 2020 2:48AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well hey! At least they are giving us the crate on the actual Solstice, that's nice. Little something for those of us who celebrate Yule. :D