Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you like Bar Swapping

• erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    If you dont like bar swapping, maybe go play runescape that requires little effort
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I dislike bar swapping and would prefer we only had one set of skills
    Minyassa wrote: »
    It's an odd question for me personally because while I have had no trouble with bar swapping for years, I recently tried a couple of one-bar builds and they're *wonderful*. I have pretty severe spinal issues that affect my arms and hands at times, and the more movement in general that I have to do (especially thumb movements, so a gaming mouse did not help) the more tiring and painful extended play is for me. For a long time I was not able to even to a full dungeon without being physically wiped out and in a lot of pain afterward. The two one-bar builds I've been playing with are AMAZING, I'm able to do multiple dungeons again, or trials, without it hurting me. So just from that standpoint I really like the one-bar builds. Niche interest, I'm sure.

Same here. I have similar issues because I have moderate ankylosing spondylitis. When I do play, I only play one bar, sorc or warden. Honestly though, the weaving, frantic clicking, and bar swapping have really made it unenjoyable to the joints. I have mostly switched to easier paced games like Shadowlands.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    I like it when it works, which is becoming increasingly less common.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    Jayroo wrote: »
    bar swapping is fine, I just hate rebuffing stuff every 15 seconds

Yep bar swapping is fine without bugs, frequently reapplying buffs is more annoying. I'd like a game with more dynamic combats instead of standing still and doing long buff, debuff, DoT, spamables rotations... That's why I mainly do PvP and soloing group contents. Unfortunately PvP servers aren't so good now...
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    I've never played with bar swapping before in any other game and I hated the idea that the PC version had to be limited in this way because of consoles but I've grown to like it and the extra challenge it provides in gameplay.
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I dislike bar swapping and would prefer both bars be available at all times
    I dislike bar swapping and would prefer single customisable bar with all the skills and items I have, like in normal MMORPGs. This doubtful mechanics, like many others, was implemented only because of the consoles with their lack of mouse and limited number of buttons. It's a necessary crutch like aim assist in shooters etc. Too bad PC players also have to deal with clipped bar beacause of the multi-platform.
    Edited by Sheridan on December 1, 2020 6:43AM
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    😢 I miss when their were three bars
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    Sorry, but my fingers are not long enough for everything on one bar. It's not like skills are the only thing on your keyboard.

If you don't like barswap, why not go play something like farmville? Barswap is what allows you to use multiple weapons and slot more skills without making it some special finger Olympics.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    Sengra wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    In combat, do you like swapping bars to access different sets of skills? Or would you prefer to access those skills some other way or not at all?

When you manage to come up with a way for console players to have both bars available all the time without switching, do let me know.

How do they do it in FF14? I've played a litte on PC but I don't know how they manage 3 skill bars and other stuff (Chocobo skills etc) on the controller?

I have played games with multiple skill "bars". There are two main ways I recall, the first is really simple, just add it as another option from the swap bar selection, for ESO this is left d pad, instead of cycling between 2 bars, it moves through 3. Quick, easy - laag aside!

The other is some form of menu wheel, just as we already have in ESO for emotes and utility gear. That is a little more clunky in my opinion, when in fast paced combat so I would opt for the first.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, my initial comment is of course responding to the idea of having all skills available on ONE bar all the time. On console I suggest that simply isnt viable - there arnt enough buttons, hence the need for skill bar swaps.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NEMESIS_97 wrote: »
    Olauron wrote: »
    Olauron wrote: »
    I don't like this system (it works 1 time out of 4 tries) and I don't use it (with the exception of nCR once a year at most). I have all the needed skill on one bar (I don't even have second weapon and the swap key binding is disabled for now to prevent pressing it mistakenly), but I will not be against having more skills available at the same time.

Why it wont work for you?alot in cyro?For some chars i gladly wanted 3rd bar..with 2 bars sometimes i need to throw away some useful skills :*
    I don't visit Cyrodiil.
    Bars are either not swapping at all despite pressing a key or swap with a too big delay to use it reliably. Since it is random whether it will work at all, pressing a key second time may finally lead to a desired result (bar is swapped!) or to double swapping at once (returning to the initial bar).
    That way this game works from day -4 (or a bit later, as I didn't get level 15 on the first day).

hmmm only place where bar swap gets such desyncs i recall only in cyro...do you have very high ping?

I would disagree with your assertion. I get desyncs daily in dungeons. I have fiber and 30 to 50 ms.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know
    I barely swap since half the time it takes ages before I change my weapon. And despite being over CP810 I'm still a noob.
    Edited by Michae on December 1, 2020 12:23PM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    The combat system is the only thing this game has going for it.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll options.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    Ysbriel wrote: »
    Biased poll options.

Multiple no choices isn't bias...

The absolute question "yes" or "no" IS a form of bias they teach you to avoid. You should include all typical responses and an ability to provide an "other" response as well as an "IDK" response for people unsure of what to pick.

The responses are also neutrally worded.

If there is a "yes" response you think I'm missing, that has to do with the actual system and not just server lag, feel free to let me know and I could incorporate it in the future. But thus far, I haven't seen any.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 1, 2020 2:57PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    Yes, I play with a controller on PC. For those who don't like it for whatever reason, there are effective 1-bar builds published.
  • Scottfree2
    Scottfree2
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the not a fan of bar swapping school of thought, mostly because its so damn unreliable .. a typical attempt at a bar swap does nothing, followed by an increasingly frantic series of button pushes until it works or i give up and carry on with whatever bar im on.

So almost entirely one bar builds for me, they work adequately for the content i like to do, and thats good enough.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike bar swapping. I often just ignore it as a mechanic because it's a pain. I also wish that I did not need my pets slotted twice in order to work :/
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bar swapping is fun, it adds another dynamic to combat.

I wish it had a bit more of a purpose for magicka DD. Swapping from one fire staff to another seems pointless. At least stam DD, healers and tanks actually change weapon types most of the time.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like bar swapping because I lose my buffs like inner light or my pets plus the bar swap does not happen all the time. a lot of the time I swap my bar and hit the ability 3 times then I see I am still on the old bar and wasting magicka. its dumb
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    I misread. I like bar hopping.
    Edited by kargen27 on December 2, 2020 1:15AM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    'd also like an additional bar to slot more passives and skills attack bar defense bar restore bar etc
    Edited by faeeichenlaub on December 2, 2020 2:45AM
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like having a gazillion skills available and having to pick just a few to use, let alone having to swap bars to get to them.

And why don't we have the option of using the same weapon for both bars if we want?
    PCNA
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the standard Gamepad came with more buttons then I'd be completely fine with just one bar. Wouldn't be able to use a second weapon type though. No more back bar Bows for my stam characters.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    I would like loadouts, though, so I can swap entire bar and gear easily. I mean, I can swap them out anyway, one-by-one, so making the process easier (just a matter of choosing a build from the menu system) would be nice.

if on pc you can use one of addons like dressing room or alpha gear and do that..but atleast for dressing room addon you can do that only when outside of combat

Oh, nice. Thank you. I’ll give them a go.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the 'when it works' option?
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. I like Bar Swapping
    This topic confuses me... bar swapping is literally a mechanic of the game. If you don’t like it go play another game or gimp your build by running on 1 bar.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate bar swapping. It's slow and sometimes bugged, and by the time you swap and activate the desired skill, it's often too late. Also I absolutely hate that cc doesn't allow bar swap. Like, for real?
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Vanathil
    Vanathil
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know
    This should be the 'other' category
    I like the bar swapping, it's a unique part of this game, however it delays many times when I'm in a heavy fight. There were a few times when it didn't react in time before fights, all I wanted to cast buff on myself, instead I pulled in the boss by casting a spell on the main bar..Since then, I learnt to always target the floor or anywhere else whenever I buff myself.
    * Edited typo
    Edited by Vanathil on December 3, 2020 12:19AM