The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How playable is game for you?

Nairinhe
Nairinhe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So, I've been ranting yesterday how even the patches don't work properly and my BF told me that he encountered no bugs doing what he usually does. On the other hand, there are people saying that game is unplayable. How is it for you?

How playable is game for you? 412 votes

Completely playable, maybe some minor bugs
27%
laurajfomegatay_ESOdriosketchDeathStalkerdinger57_ESOsParkSnaredcam86b14_ESODaveMoeDeehaploeb14_ESOLisaSchattenfluegelDracanealanmatillab16_ESOCyberOnEsoDanikatAnyOldIronCoatmagicSkayaqkojouDelgent 114 votes
Mostly playable, but have to postpone some of the usual activities until fix
18%
vailjohn_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESONirntrotterrusty_ESOGythralcs_spitfireb16_ESODTStormfoxVorpanYstradCludYukon2112orion_1981usub17_ESODigitalHypeMasterSpatulaTannus15CarthelionXevothianNeoXanthusZolronJeffrey530 77 votes
So-so, bugs are significantly impairing playability, but there's still something to do
25%
ssewallb14_ESOBeolundzariastefan.gustavsonb16_ESONebthet78magnusthorekGnatrakfalcasternub18_ESOtheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOIdinusehondelinkEvergnar16BitForestCatjorgensen87XuhoraOreyn_BearclawagegartonEnemy-of-ColdharbourBalticBluesReverb 103 votes
Mostly unplayable, there's maybe couple of activities that work properly
23%
Moloch1514MalkiviamkeeblerSuddwrathlolo_01b16_ESOMahabahabthaAstridDaviiid_ESOeovogtb16_ESOAektannWolfpawdem0n1kbellanca6561nAsysSaubonxTAKISxElo106Lady_SleeplessLiukkeAurrynthea_Drake 95 votes
Completely unplayable, it's a good day if the game even starts
4%
GilvothTanis-StormbinderBlacknight841MyerscodblkjagInaya1DrYitMatElectrone_Magnusd3adpainebix_HiganoThanatos_insideakdave0SpawniaqNeatlevadergirl75Kredosireneloreley 18 votes
Other
1%
lardvaderGreenhaloXredbeard_howardCrashTestKhajiitLivesMatter 5 votes
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So-so, bugs are significantly impairing playability, but there's still something to do
    I've been at "mostly playable", but now I suspect that something is wrong with my stam regen too and they broke the Voidmother completely
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I am a good example though, since vDLC dungeons is my main activity.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play solo and do pve and quest content on a casual basis - to me the only issue I have with this game is that I get disconnected on a rather regular basis - like twice per hour - no crash, just being logged out of the game. Might be a technical issue, but I can't find it. Otherwise loading screens can be a bit annoying, but this is as well just a minor issue.

This might be an unwelcome reply, but you want to know the truth about how we feel about it.
    Options
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly playable for me and my wife. Sometime some minor bug or glitch. But we don't play so often to encounter major bug. EXCEPT LAST PATCH of course. Bugkarth broke the game. And hotfix was yesterday so must wait if some bug reappear. But as i said except for the last patch game was whole time, what we playing, mostly playable. We encounter only two major bugs that was stuck whne you cannot run or attack and second was problem with npc in abah's landing side quest. Until markarth release that broke whole game apart....
    Playing on PC/EU with ping 50-90.
    Edited by davidtk on November 17, 2020 8:44AM
    Really sorry for my english
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    I don't think I am a good example though, since vDLC dungeons is my main activity.

But it is ok to state that - in the end it is about finding out how ESO feels to people on a regular basis - and the community seems to be really divided about the state of the game.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

This might be an unwelcome reply, but you want to know the truth about how we feel about it.

No issue at all, also 2 disconnects per hour is a deal breaker in group content, so your comment does help the cause (2 times an hour means that a trial group has someone crash every 2.5 minutes averagely, and when it's the tank... Insta defeat...)
    Edited by zvavi on November 17, 2020 8:46AM
    Options
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mainly just just do overland because I am in Australia and ping sucks but looking forward to the voidmother WB fix. Pretty sure people are just trolling us there now.
    Edited by YstradClud on November 17, 2020 10:06AM
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No issue at all, also 2 disconnects per hour is a deal breaker in group content, so your comment does help the cause (2 times an hour means that a trial group has someone crash every 2.5 minutes averagely, and when it's the tank... Insta defeat...)

It is annoying when doing quests as well - getting logged out by no apparent reason, even when I'm in a dialogue with an NPC. But this has been the case since years and just happens with ESO, other MMOs run well without problems.
    Edited by Lysette on November 17, 2020 8:49AM
    Options
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭

Allow Cyro 24 man groups to do trials together instead
    Options
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Works okey as long as I isn't doing any group activity (dungeon/trial).
    Still have freeze and crashes..
    Which is kinda a bummer in an MMO....
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But this has been the case since years and just happens with ESO, other MMOs run well without problems.

This is exactly the issue in my opinion...
    Options
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4 / Eu
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play solo and do pve and quest content on a casual basis - to me the only issue I have with this game is that I get disconnected on a rather regular basis - like twice per hour - no crash, just being logged out of the game. Might be a technical issue, but I can't find it. Otherwise loading screens can be a bit annoying, but this is as well just a minor issue.

That's exactly the point! We all play differently and therefore are affected differently by state of the game.
    Options
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is unplayable, now dungeons are becoming unplayable too, so I thought let's do a daily quest for once, but both the new world boss and collect x items in the reach are bugged (items stuck in walls).
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    PvP is unplayable, now dungeons are becoming unplayable too, so I thought let's do a daily quest for once, but both the new world boss and collect x items in the reach are bugged (items stuck in walls).

Ok, but that is new content, it takes ZOS a while to iron that out.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to give another perspective from my point of view - I had problems with too many particles and stutters in the past, those are gone and I have still the same hardware - so ZOS has done something to better my experience - at the same time I hear that people doing group content have an increasingly worse experience - I really wonder, why it improved for me but not for them.
    Options
  • cs_spitfireb16_ESO
    Theres no real bugs that block my gameplay at all. The patches have been great.

But it's mostly imbalanced annoyances that hurt my gameplay a lot.

Why? Because I play mostly PVP. I don't even bother with PVE it's just so boring to me killing predictable A.I. repeatedly. Therefor I wouldn't know about the PVE bugs so I can't talk about that.

But in PVP the imbalance of stamina-magicka and for some classes and weapon types are very very unfair. It actually feels like theres many bugs present but can't entirely grasp what the bugs are.

2H and stamina builds are OP and have been for some years now. Going with magicka ranged will only result in your own brutal death again and again.
    The simple one.
    Options
  • Carthelion
    Carthelion
    ✭✭✭
    PS4. I can play my solo Sorc, questing, farming,crafting no problem.
    However, I'm leveling a Warden via dungeons only, at this point, it's a lottery on whether I complete the dungeon or the game crashes on any boss fight.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am just happy they mostly fixed vVH, so at least I have 1 thing I can do solo while dungeons and trials are super bugged, but ye, most bugs were reported on pts more than a month ago.
    Zayoo wrote: »
    Voidmother Worldboss does not give the achievement and the WB-Symbol on the map stays black after killing her

For example. It is reported almost 2 months ago :D
    Edited by zvavi on November 17, 2020 9:10AM
    Options
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually I would agree, but now I really douby it. Nearly all the game breaking bugs that were reported on the PTS were ignored and got to live. With the patch that promised to fix these bugs it even got worse. And the world boss? Instead of fix the boss ZOS fixed the work around to complete it.

Look at the previous TES titles, the devs did almost fix nothing.

PvP performance has become worse over the years while the PvP community has been neglected most of the time. A lot of them already left the game for good, but for those who stayed the most recent AoE tests was the straw that finally broke the bucket. Some went to the dungeons, which are also unplayable now because constant crashes.

Someone who has completed all solo PvE content years ago, what is the there still left to do? Nothing that is not broken at the moment.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to give another perspective from my point of view - I had problems with too many particles and stutters in the past, those are gone and I have still the same hardware - so ZOS has done something to better my experience - at the same time I hear that people doing group content have an increasingly worse experience - I really wonder, why it improved for me but not for them.

Actually, loading screens have become much better this patch. So not all is gloom, but the thing I enjoy doing most is. Also I assume the stutters you are mentioning are when you had a lot of mobs dying together and giving XP, it was introduced some time ago, if that's the bug you are talking about then it is nice if they fixed it, doesn't help being disconnected midfights though.
    Edited by zvavi on November 17, 2020 9:14AM
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, loading screens have become much better this patch. So not all is gloom, but the thing I enjoy doing most is. Also I assume the stutters you are mentioning are when you had a lot of mobs dying together and giving XP, it was introduced some time ago, if that's the bug you are talking about then it is nice if they fixed it, doesn't help being disconnected midfights though.

Yeah maybe they got better -but I'm coming from EVE online - being transferred from one node to another takes 9 seconds - not minutes like in ESO. This is how a professional team does stuff like this.
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only had one crash since Markarth dropped. In a dungeon. A bit of FPS drops here and there, but only in main HUBs. Nothing seriously impaling.
    As a referance: I do Questing, Crafting, Housing and Dungeon Dailies.
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly playable apart from the frequent crashes after the last update.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me this sounds simply as "the game isn't able to handle group content properly" - and that is all there is to it - a shame for an MMO though.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Atm, i mostly just login to do dailies, some stuff like maybe some pledges, daily bgs etc.

But i find it hard to play for more than a few hours, since all the bugs, crashes etc just make it unenjoyable.
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There were previous Elder Scrolls MMOs? PLease enlighten us with your insight.
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There were previous Elder Scrolls MMOs? PLease enlighten us with your insight.

Same company...?

For example, if I was a food manufacturer and I had a brand called blue band, but want to release it in German speaking countries and suddenly call it rama, it doesn't change the product does it? Because I assume, as a result of your response, that you think it does.
    Edited by caperb on November 17, 2020 9:51AM
    Options
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA. Mostly playable on my end. Biggest issues have been completely random CTD's and lag spikes, a new type of freeze where some bizarre sound comes out of my TV speakers but then the game resumes, and a noticable delay on abilities with my Healers. I hadn't been able to even go to the Reach, but that sorted itself out. I know everything I just said sounds like a lot, but there are people who can't even log in right now, so all things considered, I'll count my blessings.
    Options
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm postponing my ESO plus auto renewal until PvP, especially Cyrodiil is improved.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
    Options