Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

How playable is game for you?

• Inaya1
    Inaya1
    ✭✭✭
    Completely unplayable, it's a good day if the game even starts
    (PC EU) I have loved this game so much for 4 years. But now I cannot play it, it is disgusting. I really want enjoy when i decorate my Khajiit with outfits so much, but constant crashes of the game, a ton of lags just ruined everything. Yes, besides that, I also go to PVE and PVP, but lately it brings only gray hair and burned nerves. And also all the friends left the game. Thank you for giving me wonderful years of playing, but that was the last straw of patience.

Perhaps ill try to playing in another games cos they not laggin
    Options
  • PikaTweaka
    PikaTweaka
    Soul Shriven
    Mostly unplayable, there's maybe couple of activities that work properly
    (PC NA) Cancelled my ESO+ sub until at least half of the issues are fixed. These issues include Light Attack Weaving, Werewolf skill, Rapids, random game crashes, Error Code that the account is Logged In after being logged out for 6+ hours, lag spikes of 999+, lack of proper communication about Known Issues between Devs and the community, "normal" dungeon mode being considered veteran and thus not allowing players entry to what is actually a normal dungeon, and the large number of bugs that occur inside Wayrest Sewers.

Stop putting out more broken content that nobody wanted. Fix what is still broken.
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So-so, bugs are significantly impairing playability, but there's still something to do
    I watch how votes distribution changes and it's absolutely fascinating. Big thanks to all who vote and comment!
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    Other than some irregular random crashes to the desktop, the game is pretty stable on my end.

That is like saying other than the plane crashing the flight was pretty good, lol.

To be honest, I think I have had more crashes and disconnects on PC since this patch than the prior 6 years.

Options
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    I watch how votes distribution changes and it's absolutely fascinating. Big thanks to all who vote and comment!

NA entered the forums
    Options
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So-so, bugs are significantly impairing playability, but there's still something to do
    katorga wrote: »
    Other than some irregular random crashes to the desktop, the game is pretty stable on my end.

That is like saying other than the plane crashing the flight was pretty good, lol.

To be honest, I think I have had more crashes and disconnects on PC since this patch than the prior 6 years.

Different people treat crashes differently. When you're chilling and questing it's no big deal, when 6 out of 9 players in your PvP group crash at the same time at the critical moment it's unnerving to say the least.
    Options
  • HappyElephant
    HappyElephant
    ✭✭✭
    I am sticking to simple things since anything that involves combat is unplayable.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely playable, maybe some minor bugs
    nukk3r wrote: »

Different people treat crashes differently. When you're chilling and questing it's no big deal, when 6 out of 9 players in your PvP group crash at the same time at the critical moment it's unnerving to say the least.

I'm not convinced that is the case. The last thing I want when "chilling and questing" is to be constantly crashing out of the game, which fortunately never happens but if it did I'd be sure to take it as seriously as anyone grouped for PvP takes it. Crashes would always be a game-breaker for me, regardless of what I was doing.

I'd certainly accept that people who are questing are less likely to crash than people who are PvPing, but not that they'd take it any less seriously if it happened.
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely unplayable, it's a good day if the game even starts
    Just to make it clear, the poll results are:

- 29% of the players say the game is playable

- 71% of the players say that it isn't

This isn't a gradient scale, this is simple a Yes or No. Yes I am getting what I was promised, what I am paying for, with support from the developers to fix issues that players are having ... or no I am not.
    Options
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

I'm not convinced that is the case. The last thing I want when "chilling and questing" is to be constantly crashing out of the game, which fortunately never happens but if it did I'd be sure to take it as seriously as anyone grouped for PvP takes it. Crashes would always be a game-breaker for me, regardless of what I was doing.

I'd certainly accept that people who are questing are less likely to crash than people who are PvPing, but not that they'd take it any less seriously if it happened.

It's a matter of perception then. So for me personally it would be an inconvenience if it happened during questing (luckily you can't lose hours of progress), but in a group activity other people depend on me, so it's inconvenient for a larger amount of people.

If anything else these crashes are the most unifying thing for all types players, I've had several crashes just after my character loaded.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was disconnected one day while moving toward the door after banking, but was able to log right back in.

Twice I was disconnected and couldn't reconnect for a few minutes, but I think it was my activity that caused it. Both times I was making a lot of potions while working on revealing all the traits, so I think the game just had to catch up with my activity.

Other than these, there is nothing stopping me from doing anything.

If the server gets far behind with updates, you will get a "you have been kicked from the server" error message. Trying to immediately log back in will get you a "account is already online" message until the server kept up with the updates.
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vet dungeons are a pain, trials a waste of time turning up to when I DC the moment I see the rest of the group (which I think is also partially the internet here and the rest the update).

Can pretty much only do normals and overland stuff, so I've been levelling baby toons.
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not very playable due to performance. Bugs are there and unpleasant when they happen but don't happen too often.
    The biggest "bug" I encountered and the only one that actually stops progress was caused by myself because I tried to do two quests that depend on each other at the same time. Rivenspire and the Markarth prologue. So in the end it wasn't even a bug at all.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of group content, I have had few issues. The disconnects inside instances are annoying. I think I have had only one disconnect when doing something solo in the open world.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    I was disconnected one day while moving toward the door after banking, but was able to log right back in.

Twice I was disconnected and couldn't reconnect for a few minutes, but I think it was my activity that caused it. Both times I was making a lot of potions while working on revealing all the traits, so I think the game just had to catch up with my activity.

Other than these, there is nothing stopping me from doing anything.

If the server gets far behind with updates, you will get a "you have been kicked from the server" error message. Trying to immediately log back in will get you a "account is already online" message until the server kept up with the updates.

This is the error I received:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9324/~/what-should-i-do-when-i-receive-an-error-stating-error-307:-booted-from
    PCNA
    Options
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only gripe is the constant crash that makes me restart the game per crash.
    Be it farming mats, playing bg and dungeons, even in overworld fight I crash and needs to restart the game.
    I shutdown all addons and updated all drivers.
    My vacation in tamriel is totally ruined.
    Might as well go back to appalachia now I guess.
    Options
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

I don't think that's the issue, the problem is when you're doing 12 player content you're 12 times as likely to trigger a crash, and one can be fatal for the whole group. Even if the game is fully playable for you that's cold comfort when your main tank can't be online long enough to clear. I haven't crashed in WS2 but I haven't been in a group that cleared it so is it playable for me? not really.
    Edited by Recapitated on November 18, 2020 1:27AM
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to determine what all the different groups having problems have in common. It can't be all the game if some of us are playing fine. There must be some common denominator among those having so many disconnects.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done dungeons, bgs, cyro, imp city, dailies in almost every zone but Clockwork city, decorated some houses, played on my alts, lots of stuff

I haven't really felt like I can't do anything, and the few times I have crashed it was annoying but I was able to get right back on and keep playing.
    Options
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to determine what all the different groups having problems have in common. It can't be all the game if some of us are playing fine. There must be some common denominator among those having so many disconnects.

It's just something wrong with the game in general. There's no common thing. Last week I crashed to desktop just riding in cyro (this particular type of crash happened to at least 10 people I talked to, game just turned off), then I crashed alongside 5 other people just in the middle of a fight. I had three crashes with report window when my necro loaded, no issues with nine other toons. Yesterday and today a lot of people in my group were crashing at random points in Hel Ra and Sunspire. One of the tanks crashed constantly during block casting, which is what tanks do. I don't think we can say it's one certain thing.
    Options
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to say "I mostly PVP" but all I really do is transit to a keep, ride my horse from the keep to an adjacent keep that is under attack & then disconnect. There is no actual PVP :(
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Over the years, what I've seen on the forum here is that those doing endgame content have far more issues than those who don't.
    Options
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly playable, but have to postpone some of the usual activities until fix
    The game still works and I can zone dailies. But it's hard to actually play trials or dungeons in fear of getting booted out of the game. It's frustrating and quite frankly it's getting old, seeing it's been happening for the past couple weeks.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Over the years, what I've seen on the forum here is that those doing endgame content have far more issues than those who don't.

That makes me wonder if some addons used for endgame content could be part of the problem.

That doesn't mean I don't believe there are issues with the game itself too. But something is making it more prevalent for some than others.
    PCNA
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    I want to say "I mostly PVP" but all I really do is transit to a keep, ride my horse from the keep to an adjacent keep that is under attack & then disconnect. There is no actual PVP :(

This was what was happening to me months last year I think? whenever I tried to go into the main alliance locked campaign. Turn up to a keep and everyone's just standing around looking at each other as I DC. That's why I had to switch to the non-alliance locked 30 day one.

Unfortunately I don't think it would help now.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

That makes me wonder if some addons used for endgame content could be part of the problem.

That doesn't mean I don't believe there are issues with the game itself too. But something is making it more prevalent for some than others.

Hmm. Possible. Since I don't personally do endgame content, I don't run addons specific TO that content. I haven't had any interest in endgame anything since late WoW and mid RIFT. Which would be 2015 more or less. I'm certainly not interested in it here.

So my supposition is only based on the content of complaints - which from my PoV is mostly centered on endgame content, not limited to pvp (because the complaints also deal with trials, as well as vet and HM dungeons).
    Options
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My core teams have been cancelled, dungeons are causing innumerable crashes, I'm crashing trying to quest, being denied permissions to enter houses, crash constantly in my own house... If there are activities that are playable right now, it may be things such as fishing, if that.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
    Options
  • SpearofBitterMercy
    SpearofBitterMercy
    ✭✭✭
    They just break stuff, and then put a bandaid on it until it starts bleeding again. This isn't the first time they've had these problems.
    Options
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant even play trials anymore since patch yesterday its constant disconnects. Game is unplayable, for me.
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On PS4, ESO now crashes about every 20-30 minutes.

This still allows playing solo,
    but playing in a group is a nightmare.
    For an MMO game, this is a complete disaster.
    Options