Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

How playable is game for you?

• Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    So-so, bugs are significantly impairing playability, but there's still something to do
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Atm, i mostly just login to do dailies, some stuff like maybe some pledges, daily bgs etc.

But i find it hard to play for more than a few hours, since all the bugs, crashes etc just make it unenjoyable.

Where I'm at. If I didn't have transmutes/keys I wanted to hoard, characters I wanted to level, etc. in preparation for when I can actually play what I'm interested in I wouldn't have anything to do, maybe vVH if it's playable.

ESO+ ran out yesterday and I can look forward to quicker random normals.
    Edited by Recapitated on November 17, 2020 11:07AM
    Options
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely playable, maybe some minor bugs
    I actually haven't experienced any ground breaking bugs (knock on wood) so I've been lucky up till now. I do play from AUS though so my constant bug is the very *** latency that I have to deal with - which isn't wholely the game or developers fault.

Edit: Oh just remembered, I did experience some issues where I would join a group for a dungeon run (through dungeon finder) and then I couldn't port over because I was not the right cp or max level. Had to wait 15 min for the cooldown on group finder again, which was a pain but the only issue I can think of
    Edited by Yamenstein on November 17, 2020 11:21AM
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mostly unplayable, there's maybe couple of activities that work properly
    I have most of my fun in this game in dungeons, trials and pvp. All activietes that currently have issues.
    I can't even level a new character the way I would usually do it, as the groupfinder puts me in dungeons that I can't enter half of the time.
    Options
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »

Look at the previous TES titles, the devs did almost fix nothing.

There were previous Elder Scrolls MMOs? PLease enlighten us with your insight.

Same company...?

For example, if I was a food manufacturer and I had a brand called blue band, but want to release it in German speaking countries and suddenly call it rama, it doesn't change the product does it? Because I assume, as a result of your response, that you think it does.

But the developers of the previous TES games aren't the same developers who have brought us ESO. So his comment still stands.

Your anology only works under the assumption that you as the food manufacturer is manufacturing the product in both locations under the same guidelines/processes - that isnt the case here.

Not only would the processes be fundamentality different because it's an MMO versus a single player RPG in previous iterations but the game was also developed by different people as well. Just still published by bethesda software.

Edit : I'm not saying I disagree with your original statement - ZOS hasn't fixed all the issues and when they do more issues come up. But your reasoning is something I don't agree with.
    Side note: When you are fixing/updating any application a new issue is always going to come up anyway. I'm more forgiving on bugs that occur compared to gameplay choices that they have come up with.
    Edited by Yamenstein on November 17, 2020 11:17AM
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere between 'completely' and 'mostly' playable.

I encounter bugs or lag fairly regularly but it's all minor stuff. Things will freeze for 1/2 a second or so, but not enough to really matter, or individual objects will move strangely. Yesterday for example a guy rushed past me in Craglorn using a skill (not sure what) then jumped on his max-speed horse and galloped away and what I saw was him wizz past, the horse appeared then froze in place, then vanished and reappeared a few steps away, also frozen in place but in a different pose, then vanished again and re-appeared in the distance galloping away.

Enemies actually seem more reliable than other players or random scenery or animations, which is fine with me since that's what's important. I'm not sure if this is something ZOS does deliberately (prioritising loading enemies) or a coincidence.

Since I mostly play open-world PvE it's nothing which stops me from playing, it's just mildly annoying when it happens.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamenstein wrote: »

Same company...?

For example, if I was a food manufacturer and I had a brand called blue band, but want to release it in German speaking countries and suddenly call it rama, it doesn't change the product does it? Because I assume, as a result of your response, that you think it does.

But the developers of the previous TES games aren't the same developers who have brought us ESO. So his comment still stands.

Your anology only works under the assumption that you as the food manufacturer is manufacturing the product in both locations under the same guidelines/processes - that isnt the case here.

Not only would the processes be fundamentality different because it's an MMO versus a single player RPG in previous iterations but the game was also developed by different people as well. Just still published by bethesda software.

Edit : I'm not saying I disagree with your original statement - ZOS hasn't fixed all the issues and when they do more issues come up. But your reasoning is something I don't agree with.
    Side note: When you are fixing/updating any application a new issue is always going to come up anyway. I'm more forgiving on bugs that occur compared to gameplay choices that they have come up with.

I think you understand my comment wrong. The devs did not fix anything because they weren't ordered to.

Hence why I came with the seemingly totally irrelevant comparison of a margarine producer. Blue band and Rama are probably not produced in the same location, but the owner of the brands is the same company that makes the 'same' product. The factory workers might be different, but the CEO is still the same. And the CEO makes the decisions.

Zenimax has still the same CEO as 20 years ago, in which period the previous TES titles were made. My comment still stands.

Sorry, but I don't trust ZOS anymore for any minute.
    Options
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same company...?

I think you understand my comment wrong. The devs did not fix anything because they weren't ordered to.

Hence why I came with the seemingly totally irrelevant comparison of a margarine producer. Blue band and Rama are probably not produced in the same location, but the owner of the brands is the same company that makes the 'same' product. The factory workers might be different, but the CEO is still the same. And the CEO makes the decisions.

Zenimax has still the same CEO as 20 years ago, in which period the previous TES titles were made. My comment still stands.

Mmh. I might not understand your comment. Your anology still doesn't work for me. But that's fine.

We can both agree that we don't trust ZOS, for different reasons sure, but yeah. I love the game, but how ZOS is handling everything doesn't sit well with me.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Somewhere between 'completely' and 'mostly' playable.

I encounter bugs or lag fairly regularly but it's all minor stuff. Things will freeze for 1/2 a second or so, but not enough to really matter, or individual objects will move strangely. Yesterday for example a guy rushed past me in Craglorn using a skill (not sure what) then jumped on his max-speed horse and galloped away and what I saw was him wizz past, the horse appeared then froze in place, then vanished and reappeared a few steps away, also frozen in place but in a different pose, then vanished again and re-appeared in the distance galloping away.

Enemies actually seem more reliable than other players or random scenery or animations, which is fine with me since that's what's important. I'm not sure if this is something ZOS does deliberately (prioritising loading enemies) or a coincidence.

Since I mostly play open-world PvE it's nothing which stops me from playing, it's just mildly annoying when it happens.

That is a good description of the open-world PvE part of the game - mildly annoying, but mostly playable - nicely put .-)
    Options
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same company...?

Mmh. I might not understand your comment. Your anology still doesn't work for me. But that's fine.

We can both agree that we don't trust ZOS, for different reasons sure, but yeah. I love the game, but how ZOS is handling everything doesn't sit well with me.

No problem, we can agree to disagree.

The second part I'm with you. Let's hope Microsoft will bring a positive change.
    Options
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So-so, bugs are significantly impairing playability, but there's still something to do
    Last PM, day of patch, everything was delayed, laggy and with occasional freeze. I didn't play long.

Early this AM (morning after patch day) with fewer people on, it was fairly smooth in overland while I crafted and did the dailies in Wrothgar.

I have had problems since before Markarth with skills not firing at all - frequently. I have however noticed that if I keep LA weaving "slow" on the button mashing that I can see the LA start, register, and the animation cancel as the subsequent skill fires and registers normally. I am assuming this is intentional.

I have not been playing PvP at all nor end-game dungeons.
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some random bluescreen here and there
    But nothing near what was happening back durring dragonhold
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crashes are what doing my head in its very immersion breaking
    Options
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what I try to do, I just cannot find a bug- free content. Go overland questing? Mobs sitting on air, disappearing, quests cannot progress. Dungeons? I cannot make pledges without some kind of problem happening in one of the dungeons. Pvp? Don't make me even start about it. Oh, yes. There is fishing. Supposedly fixed, since even it was bugged after Markarth launch. Sometimws stealing works too, unless lags make it problematic too.
    Options
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far I can do my daily writs without crashing. That’s about it. PvP? Crash. Dungeons? Broken AF bosses and Crashing. Trials? MAJOR crashing.

Since the release of this update on console (PS4 NA) I’ve experienced:
    - countless blue screens
    - Freezing in the middle of game play while an ear piercing sound comes from my tv (usually comes back after 30 seconds)
    - Being unable to move in a dungeon
    - Being unable to complete dungeons due to certain bosses causing game crashes
    - Food buffs disappearing in the middle of a vet trial
    - Vet trials unable to be completed due to crashes
    - minor slayer buff from armor being removed when you die and only fixable by removing and putting back on said armor
    - Can’t sit in chairs in houses
    - Can’t travel to other players houses
    - daily world boss quests in Markarth for the 4 skull lookout can’t be completed
    - Harvest nodes with nothing to harvest
    - minor lifesteal only heals the healer
    - minor magic steal only returns mag to the healer
    - light attack weaving broken which make mag toons almost unplayable
    - Dragons with their never ending screams (apparently this was “fixed” a few patches ago buuuuut wasn’t)

And that’s just what I can think of off the top of my head. Sure there are others I missed. So yeah it’s barely playable right now.
    Options
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly playable, but have to postpone some of the usual activities until fix
    Certain dungeons crash or freeze and random crashes in cyrodil prevent me from truly working on my set collections and that angers me. Sure I can farm zone sets while I wait but I need those sweet stones for gear creation and AP for the golden!
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. I have not run a single dungeon where most of the group doesn't crash
    2. Random disconnects, crashes open world
    3. Blastbones and other necro skills stop working, need to barswap to enable
    4. General skill lag, delays, or not working
    5. Bow/Staff Light attacks are still messed up
    6. Regen seems messed up
    7. Ping spikes around waypoints, random spikes to 999
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I don't do pvp or any group content, completely playable, always has been (2.5 years since I started). I don't have any bugs either.

I don't consider high ping a bug - with sat, mine's ALWAYS sky-high.
    Options
  • TheInvalidUsername
    TheInvalidUsername
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as I don’t do Fang Lair, Wayrest 2, or Trials I seem to be fine.

Unfortunately trials are a big part of what I do.

Oh and I still can’t play my WW because they took my pack leader, so pvp is off the table too.
    Do your writs.
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do writs, questing and occasional random dungeon or battlegrounds and I have almost no issues. No big latency issues, no crashes, worst thing that happens is that the que gets stuck, but relog fixes that. Ques themselves are 5 minutes tops for dungeons, quicker for battlegrounds.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry ZOS but gameplay feels worse since maintenance yesterday, it is just about playable but very frustrating with random crashes, especially during a Harrowstorm.
    Playability had settled before Update 28 was implemented but now it is as bad as it over a month ago.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its mostly playable for me, but the PVP Cyrodiil lag at prime time and bugs like what is happening with Voidmother tend to make me do those activities less. I can still play the game just fine though.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to get less so with every fix & performace update though...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not too many issues here.

It seems there's something wrong with stamina and I'm taking some attacks through block, and there are intermittent d/c's and crashes, but nothing that's absolutely gamebreaking. I've been sticking to casual stuff like farming and running solo content like nVH, but I've done vDSA and some vet dungeons and trials without too much pain as well. Those are a bit rougher, but I'm not score pushing or going all hardcore, so it's been acceptable.
    Options
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed there are some bugs (PS4) but I haven't had the issues so many people are describing, I haven't experienced one blue screen, seen a couple freezes here and there, been kicked maybe a couple times, some long load times but the new DLC is playable for me.

As far as my experience goes, this has been one of the smoothest drops since Clockwork City dropped.

As a cursory note, I haven't been playing PvP since last year, gave up on it due to performance so please take that/my experience in consideration of my vote.

PN
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly to completely playable; I’m definitely not postponing anything and have been running dungeons and trials. I have noticed more crashes in the past month, thankfully most have been just while going about town and not in the midst of anything crucial. There has also been occasional lag and delay in abilities/commands but I can compensate for that usually. Most annoying for me has been heavy attacks with staff not always going off and instead nothing happening! I haven’t run into this with other weapons.

EDIT: Wow, as of tonight, I’d have to downgrade to so-so at best. I cancelled the dungeon run I’d planned as I heard from multiple sources that SCP is causing crashes. I did some open world farming and some BGs which went fine, but increasingly things would not respond as they should, even got an error “unable to mount at this time” only for my mount to suddenly appear after another 15 seconds or so. Then disconnect and now I’ve been on a loading screen FOREVER... :disappointed:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 18, 2020 4:47AM
    Options
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had my first CTD in over a year yesterday, in Crypt I of all places. I wish they would slow down the nerf wagon, slow down the pointless changes to how skills and actions work, and just fix the game.
    Options
  • Kaspy
    Kaspy
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much playable (PC-EU), did not have to postpone anything I wanted to do (most of my time was spent running dungeons and the new arena). Had 3 crashes since Markarth dlc (one 'expected' on Caluurion in vFL, other 2 seemingly random in volenfel and elden hollow), otherwise no crashes. Since I mostly run with friends an occasional crash won't stop me from finishing it so...
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game continues to perform well for me on PC EU and NA since Markarth as it has done since original launch. I avoid the performance hotspots in that I do solo/cooperative overland PvE content including dolmens, delves, and some writs as well as the usual questing, fishing, crafting and housing etc. Playing from the UK with a decent connection I see little if any difference between the two servers performance-wise. The forum drama that always accompanies skill and balancing changes as well as bugs etc passes me by.
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the patch dropped on console, I've done my usual questing, world bossing, and tried my hand at the new arena.

The most frequent issue I experienced is one that's been a problem on console for a long time - freezing/hanging on loading screens or zone transitions. It's easy to tell when it happens because all the music and sound will just die and not come back, or the loading spinner will freeze. On rare occasions I've gotten a black screen, which is a bit more unusual, or a mid-game freeze when there's a ton of action on the screen. It's easy to fix - quit the game, relaunch.

Beyond that, I experienced a few issues with the grappling hook in the new arena; mostly my character getting stuck after activating it but after a few seconds the game would figure itself out and move me to the grappling end point.

I also had a one-off of my character being unresponsive after CC breaking. I have had this happen once or twice before, so it's some sort of very rare bug I was familiar with. On very, very rare occasions when you CC break at the wrong time your character will end up floating in the air a bit. You can't move, attack, activate abilities, or really do anything. When I've had this happen before I was in motion and inertia put me back on the ground to be able to do stuff again, but this time I was really and truly stuck. Frowning as the enemy who put me in this state wailed on me, I sighed "get it over with and kill me already so I can get unstuck!" Then they hit me with a knockback CC which threw me out of the freeze. I proceeded to drop a meteor on them. :D
    Edited by Starlock on November 17, 2020 3:40PM
    Options
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have many issues in-game with bugs, but I did have a difficult time logging in and switching between characters. Haven't tried anything hard/taxing like a Trial or PVP yet, but in running dailies in Markarth, running plegs and a few other dungs, performance was solid.
    Options