Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Khajit vs Wood Elf for Stealth Stamina Nightblade

• Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Bosmer has a better edge in PvP where the extra stam recovery
    Which is a completely different passive, and entirely unrelated to Hunter's Eye...
    and poison resistance help,
    which is also a completely different passive...
    and stamina specs rely on dodge-rolling there.
    Which is, finally, a relevant point; but considering that is an athletic and acrobatic thing, and Khajiit were the race that had the biggest bonuses to athletics and acrobatics, it just further goes to illustrate the fact that there are no Bosmer in this game, just two different kinds of Khajiit: Cathay and Ohmes.
    The posts about how long each race can sneak are irrelevant with a proper build. In PvE you can just use Darloc Brae set for infinite sneak sustain, and in PvP you aren't going to be sneaking across the whole of Cyrodill. Vampire sneak passive goes a long ways in both PvE and PvP.

The point is, Bosmer are supposed to be master thieves. Show me the racial passive that reflects this. You can't, because there isn't one. They are not athletic acrobats. Khajiit are. So instead of the bonus to sneaking, which Bosmer ought to have, they were given a completely 100% useless detection bonus, which is only suited to GUARDS. There is not the slightest justification for this in the lore, anywhere. And before you say something silly like "ooooo but they are hunters," there is one, and only one, lore source stating that Bosmer are good hunters, and that source specifies that they are deadly hunters because of their skill at AMBUSH. Not tracking, but hiding and jumping out of the shadows. I do not give a rotten rat's rectum for how wonderful the roll dodge shenanigans are in PVP. Could not care less. I wouldn't care if every enemy in Cyrodiil dropped dead the second I roll-dodged. It's a garbage skill, based on a complete lack of understanding of what Bosmer are all about. But you know what? if Bosmer got their proper stealth bonus back (with the detection bonus going back to the farthest and deepest pit of hell where it belongs), with the rest of the skill remaining as it is right now, I would be satisfied. Even though it is garbage.

I'm confused by the hint of hostility. For clarification, I never said I approved of the changes which ZoS has brought to Bosmer passives over the years (I am/was against it), but OP did ask which race is better suited to stealth in their current state and so I gave my opinions on all the relevant scenarios I could think of. I don't think OP was too concerned with the lore background of each race and the implications thereof based on their closing question.
    Edited by Finedaible on November 5, 2020 9:57PM
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry.
    Still more than a little annoyed by the whole thing. And instead of addressing it, they shut down our thread.

I need a minute.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it’s just the times we live in, but ZOS’s insistence about how they follow the lore, and then have these racial traits go so far afield, drives me kinda crazy.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Choose Bosmer. Ignore the salty ones.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vpy wrote: »
    I am back to the game after a long time.
    So I am still rusty.

With respect to stealth/stamina/sneaking nightblade, I used to think Wood Elf or Khajit as the best with their racial skills are pretty similar and equal.

I looked at ESO Skill Factory now and I am confused

Khajit has this racial passive

Feline Ambush : Increased 10% crit damage and healing, Decreases your stealth detection radius by 3 metres

while Wood Elf has this

Hunter's Eye : Increases your stealth detection radius by 3 metres.

Did they change it ?

So I assume for sneaking/stam nightblade Khajit is the better option..am i right ?

If it's any help.... I recently opened a thread asking the exact same question.

I race changed to bosmer based on people's suggestions. That lasted a little over a week.

Now I'm a khajiit again. And I would never go back to bosmer personally. Sure, the perks bosmer has have a more wider used I suppose and they seem better or more intuitive if you will...

However, having that crit damage bonus and boost to all stats feels amazing. Especially if you plan on doing PvP. I feel like I'm more free to use and actually fully utilize uncommon niche builds on my khajiit than I ever could on bosmer. And I absolutely love that.

Besides, if I ever wanted to go Magicka, I easily could. On a bosmer it would be kinda meh.

Tldr: I feel like doing way more damage both PvE and PvP, can utilize different niche builds and overall enjoying the game much more on a khajiit than I have on bosmer. Can always switch to Magicka if bored of stamina.
    Edited by Nyladreas on November 6, 2020 6:12PM