The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"All of our characters are designed so that hundreds of them can be on screen in one time."

LordArconSeptim
LordArconSeptim
✭✭✭
Legendary, simply legendary times.

https://kapwi.ng/c/KDsgzXu7
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea what this is all about

:#
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is completely true, from a certain point of view. Those characters won't be able to move or use abilities, but they can be on the screen.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    That is completely true, from a certain point of view. Those characters won't be able to move or use abilities, but they can be on the screen.

Normally I'd agree but to be honest in trials sometimes we struggle just having 12 characters on screen at the same time. :D
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, long time ago, before all those costumes and coloring was a thing, all those bling bling mounts with huge effekts when spawning and before every character did have another pet around him... there is a reason why some guilds raid as skeletons. i do remember when the dro mathra senche came and cyrodiil started having short lag spikes each time someone close to me spawned his senche mount.

Edited by Dont_do_drugs on October 23, 2020 7:10AM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, long time ago, before all those costumes and coloring was a thing, all those bling bling mounts with huge effekts when spawning and before every character did have another pet around him... there is a reason why some guilds raid as skeletons. i do remember when the dro mathra senche came and cyrodiil started having short lag spikes each time someone close to me spawned his senche mount.
    You are correct, note that this is an client issue, the mount you use is only an id on server.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Troll92
    Troll92
    ✭✭
    Am i the only one not having these issues? I've been playing ESO for a short while, but i have never experienced any lags whatsoever. Nada. Not in bg's, not in Imperial City, not in the open world. And i've been in places where there were more than a hundred characters running around AND npc's.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troll92 wrote: »
    Am i the only one not having these issues? I've been playing ESO for a short while, but i have never experienced any lags whatsoever. Nada. Not in bg's, not in Imperial City, not in the open world. And i've been in places where there were more than a hundred characters running around AND npc's.

Been to cyrodiil during peak time yet?
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    You are correct, note that this is an client issue, the mount you use is only an id on server.

I am aware ;)

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• LordArconSeptim
    LordArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    Beta times were insane, 60 fps with hundreds of horses on screen, that was insane...
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL I wonder what would ZOS devs say if they had to make a video like that nowadays
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

And sound definitely won't work at all.....

I'm power levelling a warden healer during the event to take advantage of 2xp. I haven't had sound since I parked him at a dolmen in Alik'r
  • LordArconSeptim
    LordArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    That tells you all how they had plans about the game future, more dlcs, more cosmetics more Microsoft and EA games :)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of this is your expectations for responsiveness. There's a legitimate point where the lag that experienced players are talking about is something that a new player might simply chalk up to the game being an MMO. When you get into weaving, and top tier DPS, you'll become aware of times when the game is lagging out, or simply not behaving itself, but that you would be completely oblivious to right now.

This wouldn't be an issue, except that PvP, and DLC vet content has very harsh demands, and the lag runs up against that.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's mostly in Cyrodil where the lag takes place in my experience.

Battlegrounds, Imperial City and the landscape content rarely lag for me. But in Cyrodil it can be brutal sometimes - especially when Fengrush and his blue swarm show up.
    Edited by Jeremy on November 3, 2020 11:02PM
  • LordArconSeptim
    LordArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    Game should have been kept performance wise as it were 7 years ago
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, if we photoshop them in
    Awake, but at what cost