The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trading Dungeon and Trial Gear

• Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    Oh boy, here we go again. This was possible at launch, and you know what? People complained about players having BiS builds without ever having run a single dungeon.

You want the gear? Do the content. Normals are easy, and unless you're in a score pushing group you don't need perfected.

Imagine that next patch they make the new BiS set drop from rewards of the worthy. And that for a reason completly absurd, they make them Bind on pickup. That’s how PVPers feel about the current system.

You want the gear? Play a game mode you loathe for a couple of days. For every toon you have. You would have the right to be pissed.

The only exception to that is sets from solo arenas, because you can’t be carried in them. It’s the only real skillcheck. They never should have made maelstrom weapons drop from nMA.

Edit: As others pointed out, it became BoP when you had to spend money to acquire said sets through subscription or dlc. So it’s not an absurd reason, it’s much worse. It’s greed. So the only way you would have BoP BiS sets only acquirable from pvp is if they would create a new pvp mode locked behind a new chapter.

I created a PvP event so my guildies who dislike PvP can reclaim Rapid Maneuvres on all their alts.

Nobody *needs* trial gear outside of trials. You can get by with crafted/overland/stuff that drops from PvP.

Like, there's stuff I want locked behind Battlegrounds, which is my least enjoyable game mode. I'll go get it eventually.

You’re right about rapids or vigor until this patch, which was even worse. But still, you’re guaranteed to get it after a couple of hours. There is no drop chance.
    You’re right also about trial gear, none of it is rly useful in pvp. But many good sets only drop in dungeons, which may need more than a couple of hours to get all the needed pieces.
    Sometimes you just want to try a new build to break the boredom, but you can’t try it right now because you’ll have to waste couple of evenings in a boring dungeon.
    On another note, I thought all BG sets were BoE? Which set are you talking about?
    XBox One - NA
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    josiahva wrote: »
    What you have here is an attitude that trials are the end-all and be-all of the game...though in truth, I find a lot of the vet trials I have done easier than some of the vet DLC dungeons. I get the feeling that those who run trials often seem to want to exclude those who don't run them often in any way they can. That might not be the intention at all...but that is the whole atmosphere of the trial scene. Its like those people who are against having a trial group finder when it won't affect them and how they run trials at all....it will only open trial access(no matter how disastrously) to casual pug groups and people who may not otherwise try the content. The hardcore trial guys would continue to zone-pug or go in with a pre-made group...but they are adamantly opposed to the idea of a trial finder? why?
    I was just about to comment on the unspoken reasons some have for being against BoE. I've noticed the same thing you have. Also, there's a hubris among some endgamers bc of the exclusivity of gear and other things obtained in endgame content. It's like, "Look at me! I'm awesome and you're not bc I have all tEh GeArZ in PeRfEcTeD!"
    Edited by CrashTest on October 21, 2020 11:47PM
    Options
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted 'no' but I wish I'd voted 'other'. I really like the current system where you can only trade dungeon and trial gear with members of your group, and I actually wish the same system were extended to PvP.

Additionally, I wish the BiS gear for each content type actually came from that content. I shouldn't have to run trials to optimize my dungeon gear, and a PvPer shouldn't have to run dungeons to optimize their PvP gear.
    Options
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    josiahva wrote: »
    I know that people will get upset over this opinion...but really, who cares if someone buys gear from content they never ran? Its no different than hardcore PvP players buying monster helms from The Golden. I don't care that they have never run those dungeons...doesn't affect me one little bit. In my opinion people shouldn't be forced to run content they don't like to get the gear they are looking for...they should be ENCOURAGED to run content outside of their wheelhouse, but never feel forced....if someone wants to spend all their time in PvP, or in trials, or fishing...that is all well and good and meets the philosophy of playing how you want. If some hardcore fisherman wants to buy perfected false god....what does it really matter? just opens a market for gear that would otherwise be deconned or sold.

That’s exactly how I feel.

It would make the game entirely pay-to-win. New player creates accounts, wips out credit card & buys tons of crowns, goes to zone WTT Crowns for Perfected sets and weapons.......

Like, ok, thats still possible today but they at least have to spend the time being passengers on carry runs. If people could so quickly and easily get their gear back I think it would also highly encourage cheating behaviour. Oh, my account got banned? Easy, spend some money and I'm back where I was.....
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
    Options
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I guess the majority have spoken, this is something that will never happen.
    Xbox NA
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    If you can't finish the dungeon or trial to get the gear, you don't need the gear. That Zaan helmet isn't going to add 50K to your DPS, make you learn mechanics, or teach you how to do a rotation.
    Options
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. These should be offered only to people tried hard to finish the contents. Kind of rewards for your efforts and skills.

Some people can earn much money from crafting, trading, etc, they can get some OTHER rewards, but not buying battle rewards with their money.
    Edited by LightYagami on October 23, 2020 11:47PM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, from back when you could sell (some of the) gear from trials, the prices tended to be cheap. This wasn't some fantastic source of money, it was, low five digits.
    Options