The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trading Dungeon and Trial Gear

• Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I've paid for gear runs, so it's sort of there already.
    Options
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes I like making gold
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    I've paid for gear runs, so it's sort of there already.

I'm curious, how much are those running you?
    Options
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's already tradable, with the ones that matter. (The ones who run/ran it with you)!

If anyone wants gear/emote/item etc., it's there for the taking....

Just go run it/get it!

Stop expecting the devs to allow ways for you (not personally you OP) to NOT play content in their game to get things you want in said game.

Play the damn game!
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Absolutely.

I got my vTrial and vDungeon gear by raiding with guildies and grouping with friends, and I couldn't care less if another player buys their perfected and other endgame gear bc that doesn't affect anyone else's gameplay.

The argument that you should play the actual content to obtain gear from said content, doesn't stand bc we can already get most gear, even BiS gear, without actually playing the content where the gear drops.

The Golden vendor exists and other BoE exists. You never have to do a dungeon for a monster set, you never have to PvP to get PvP sets, you never have to DSA to get non Master's drops, and you never have to overland to get overland sets.

There is no difference between BoE and getting carried - either by guildies, asking, or buying. And carries are already legit.
    Edited by CrashTest on October 21, 2020 5:26AM
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    josiahva wrote: »
    ....if someone wants to spend all their time in PvP, or in trials, or fishing...
    I can't stand fishing, and I'm so glad I can buy perfect roe off those who enjoy it.
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Edited by CrashTest on October 21, 2020 5:41AM
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As much as I would like some of the trial gear I don't expect to he able to take the easy way out and Aquire it without putting in the work.

That's great for you. You can still do that if gear went BoE.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Oh boy, here we go again. This was possible at launch, and you know what? People complained about players having BiS builds without ever having run a single dungeon.

You want the gear? Do the content. Normals are easy, and unless you're in a score pushing group you don't need perfected.

Hit the nail on the head right there
    Options
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, because as long as arena or dungeon stuff can be bis in pvp there should be a way to get it without doing time consuming high end pvp.

Changing the arena loot to also drop in normals was a step in the right direction.
    Options
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Dungeon yes, trial no. You should have to work for some of the things you want. But I think that would be a decent compromise, help gear up alts for trials, and provide some extra pocket change for players selling them.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
    Options
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Players in the group are allowed to trade gear but if you want the gear, do the content. Running normal dungeons and trials is not that difficult.

PN
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    Oh boy, here we go again. This was possible at launch, and you know what? People complained about players having BiS builds without ever having run a single dungeon.

You want the gear? Do the content. Normals are easy, and unless you're in a score pushing group you don't need perfected.

Imagine that next patch they make the new BiS set drop from rewards of the worthy. And that for a reason completly absurd, they make them Bind on pickup. That’s how PVPers feel about the current system.

You want the gear? Play a game mode you loathe for a couple of days. For every toon you have. You would have the right to be pissed.

The only exception to that is sets from solo arenas, because you can’t be carried in them. It’s the only real skillcheck. They never should have made maelstrom weapons drop from nMA.

Edit: As others pointed out, it became BoP when you had to spend money to acquire said sets through subscription or dlc. So it’s not an absurd reason, it’s much worse. It’s greed. So the only way you would have BoP BiS sets only acquirable from pvp is if they would create a new pvp mode locked behind a new chapter.

I created a PvP event so my guildies who dislike PvP can reclaim Rapid Maneuvres on all their alts.

Nobody *needs* trial gear outside of trials. You can get by with crafted/overland/stuff that drops from PvP.

Like, there's stuff I want locked behind Battlegrounds, which is my least enjoyable game mode. I'll go get it eventually.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Nobody *needs* trial gear outside of trials.

Depends on the set and application you're looking at. Technically correct in the sense that no one, "needs," trial gear, but some trial gear does have significant PvP applications. In particular, Piercing Spray is almost exclusively a PvP set, even though it drops from a trial. While other sets such as Defending Warrior, Poisonous Serpent, Immortal Warrior, or Eternal Warrior can be downright obnoxious in PvP.

That said, dungeon gear can be vital for PvP builds, so there is some validity to their complaints. Though, Golden was something of a bone to the PvP community in that regard. They get gold rarity jewelry and monster sets negating the reason to run Dungeons above vet rarity unless they want to (or want the better drop chances in the higher quality chests that Vet ensures.)
    Options
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Imagine that next patch they make the new BiS set drop from rewards of the worthy. And that for a reason completly absurd, they make them Bind on pickup. That’s how PVPers feel about the current system.

You want the gear? Play a game mode you loathe for a couple of days. For every toon you have. You would have the right to be pissed.

The only exception to that is sets from solo arenas, because you can’t be carried in them. It’s the only real skillcheck. They never should have made maelstrom weapons drop from nMA.

Edit: As others pointed out, it became BoP when you had to spend money to acquire said sets through subscription or dlc. So it’s not an absurd reason, it’s much worse. It’s greed. So the only way you would have BoP BiS sets only acquirable from pvp is if they would create a new pvp mode locked behind a new chapter.

I created a PvP event so my guildies who dislike PvP can reclaim Rapid Maneuvres on all their alts.

Nobody *needs* trial gear outside of trials. You can get by with crafted/overland/stuff that drops from PvP.

Like, there's stuff I want locked behind Battlegrounds, which is my least enjoyable game mode. I'll go get it eventually.

The argument that nobody "needs" this gear or that doesn't hold any water at all. Nobody "needs" anything other than white gear to play this game. Who cares if someone plays content to get gear? As it is, people buy carries all the time...THERE IS ZERO DIFFERENCE except by making it tradeable/sellable outside the group, other people than those guilds selling carries have a chance to make some gold. I am willing to bet a lot of people against this are those who sell carries...or those who think that running content earns them some sort of prestige that others dont have. If you havent noticed, between power creep and nerfs, your "achievments" mean absolutely nothing. Lets take my vROM skin for example....when I first got it, vROM was actually a hard dungeon, and getting challenger in there was difficult(at least with most of the groups I ran with at the time). These days, power creep and various nerfs(like the one to Xal Nur as just one example) have made the content only marginally more difficult than say vCOA...anyone can get the skin there now...most likely in a single run if they are good. As far as I am concerned...I don't care if it was easier for them to get the skin.

The game changes all the time. If you want to be fair about it. How about we make all PvP sets and all overland sets Bind on Pickup too? After all "if you want the set, run the content" isn't that the mantra of those not in favor? In fact...lets make materials for crafting bind on pickup too. "If you want them, run the content". Lets go even further shall we....want to repair your gear? You need to learn the applicable crafting skill line...blacksmithing to repair swords, etc. "If you want it, run the content". Lets do away with transmuting entirely "If you want the trait, run the content till you get it". THAT is the logical extreme of limiting things to the content you run. Those not in favor are hypocrites...quite simply, they are perfectly happy to be able to buy Hakeijo runes or a set like Battalion Defender without ever setting foot in Imperial City or Cyrodiil, but they don't want other people able to buy things from the content they run regularly.

This isn't about running content...this is about being forced to run content you don't enjoy. Lord knows I have enough trial gear from various older trials, but as time goes on, the whole trial environment has become so toxic that I rarely run trials anymore...not because I am unable to, but because I don't enjoy the toxic rigid mindset that dominates a lot of trial groups. I still run them with guildies...but that is about the only time(maybe a coffer pug run once in awhile)
    Edited by josiahva on October 21, 2020 2:38PM
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

The argument that nobody "needs" this gear or that doesn't hold any water at all. Nobody "needs" anything other than white gear to play this game. Who cares if someone plays content to get gear? As it is, people buy carries all the time...THERE IS ZERO DIFFERENCE except by making it tradeable/sellable outside the group, other people than those guilds selling carries have a chance to make some gold. I am willing to bet a lot of people against this are those who sell carries...or those who think that running content earns them some sort of prestige that others dont have. If you havent noticed, between power creep and nerfs, your "achievments" mean absolutely nothing. Lets take my vROM skin for example....when I first got it, vROM was actually a hard dungeon, and getting challenger in there was difficult(at least with most of the groups I ran with at the time). These days, power creep and various nerfs(like the one to Xal Nur as just one example) have made the content only marginally more difficult than say vCOA...anyone can get the skin there now...most likely in a single run if they are good. As far as I am concerned...I don't care if it was easier for them to get the skin.

Well, if you were betting on me, you lost. I have probably run 2 vet trials since they came out with the normal/vet version.

What I don't want is the entirety of gameplay being reduced to getting gold to buy what you want. Because we all know people can sell crowns for that. So rather than going out and playing different types of content to get the stuff you want, you have to do what brings in the most gold so you can buy the stuff. I think being able to buy SOME things but not ALL things is good.

The game changes all the time. If you want to be fair about it. How about we make all PvP sets and all overland sets Bind on Pickup too? After all "if you want the set, run the content" isn't that the mantra of those not in favor? In fact...lets make materials for crafting bind on pickup too. "If you want them, run the content". Lets go even further shall we....want to repair your gear? You need to learn the applicable crafting skill line...blacksmithing to repair swords, etc. "If you want it, run the content". Lets do away with transmuting entirely "If you want the trait, run the content till you get it". THAT is the logical extreme of limiting things to the content you run. Those not in favor are hypocrites...quite simply, they are perfectly happy to be able to buy Hakeijo runes or a set like Battalion Defender without ever setting foot in Imperial City or Cyrodiil, but they don't want other people able to buy things from the content they run regularly.

Well, this is one case where I'm good with being in the middle. Some stuff you have to get yourself. Some stuff you have to get from other players. I think that is healthier for the game than one extreme or the other.

This isn't about running content...this is about being forced to run content you don't enjoy. Lord knows I have enough trial gear from various older trials, but as time goes on, the whole trial environment has become so toxic that I rarely run trials anymore...not because I am unable to, but because I don't enjoy the toxic rigid mindset that dominates a lot of trial groups. I still run them with guildies...but that is about the only time(maybe a coffer pug run once in awhile)

Again, if the content is really that hated, then there are options where you don't have to run that content and still have a viable build. You have the choice.

I personally run trials in guild every other week because we are working our way through normal trials. And during events I will PUG for event coffers, but that's pretty much it. I'm probably never going to join a vet progression group or whatever because that's work and I play for fun. Normal trials are my speed and I'll get all the sets completed once the Sticker Book comes out.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Well, if you were betting on me, you lost. I have probably run 2 vet trials since they came out with the normal/vet version.

What I don't want is the entirety of gameplay being reduced to getting gold to buy what you want. Because we all know people can sell crowns for that. So rather than going out and playing different types of content to get the stuff you want, you have to do what brings in the most gold so you can buy the stuff. I think being able to buy SOME things but not ALL things is good.

Well, this is one case where I'm good with being in the middle. Some stuff you have to get yourself. Some stuff you have to get from other players. I think that is healthier for the game than one extreme or the other.

Again, if the content is really that hated, then there are options where you don't have to run that content and still have a viable build. You have the choice.

I personally run trials in guild every other week because we are working our way through normal trials. And during events I will PUG for event coffers, but that's pretty much it. I'm probably never going to join a vet progression group or whatever because that's work and I play for fun. Normal trials are my speed and I'll get all the sets completed once the Sticker Book comes out.

Its not about having a viable build, you can get all kinds of viable builds without ever setting foot in a dungeon or trial. From a difficulty perspective...trials are NOT the most difficult content in the game...PvP is the most difficult content in the game, its the only content where your enemies actually think for themselves and react to what you do in a dynamic fashion. In PvP you may have certain combos...but you don't have your classical DPS rotation...you can't if you want to live for any length of time...so if ANY content in the game deserved to have its gear locked behind a participation wall, it would be PvP.

No...someone said this is more about sales of DLC/chapters and I am inclined to agree with them. I know that ZOS really doesn't care about whether or not we want this gear or that available for BoE or BoP...what they care about is selling their newest content...and one way to do that is to lock the latest and greatest gear behind BoP. For me...I sub and I buy all the chapters as they come out, so they are really targeting those who may not buy expansions if they feel they will no longer be BIS if they don't.
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The argument "if you can't clear the content for it then you shouldn't have it' doesn't stand bc we can already carry players who couldn't otherwise clear.

Explain the difference between me selling my endgame gear thru a carry and me selling my endgame gear thru a guild trader or chat.

Explain why it's ok for us to carry guildies and friends thru content that they can't clear so they can get gear, yet not ok just to have it BoE so we can give it to them that way.

I really don't care if an RPer wants to buy my perfected gear so they can RP a godslayer. Or if players want to buy my monster helms to look mean while they run around farming nodes or have cool proc effects while killing mudcrabs. I don't care bc the options to obtain gear without having to play the content where the gear drops is already in the game, so more BoE endgame gear would just open up another option for players.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    CrashTest wrote: »
    Explain the difference between me selling my endgame gear thru a carry and me selling my endgame gear thru a guild trader or chat.

Explain why it's ok for us to carry guildies and friends thru content that they can't clear so they can get gear, yet not ok just to have it BoE so we can give it to them that way.

I really don't care if an RPer wants to buy my perfected gear so they can RP a godslayer. Or if players want to buy my monster helms to look mean while they run around farming nodes or have cool proc effects while killing mudcrabs. I don't care bc the options to obtain gear without having to play the content where the gear drops is already in the game, so more BoE endgame gear would just open up another option for players.

1. They are at the very least experiencing the content. The same way someone can pay you to feed the AP in PvP because they want to get certain skills or the Legate Black dye.

Again, having a balance of things you can get from other players and things you have to get yourself is the healthiest option for the game.

And it makes more sense for the "things you have to get yourself" to be mostly in group content because playing in groups increases the longevity of the game.

Also, some day I will be as awesome in PvP as a Trial Boss, but right now, I'm more of a mudcrab. I do enjoy PvP, though. Just suck at fighting other people.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

The argument that nobody "needs" this gear or that doesn't hold any water at all.

Actually, part of the set bonus on almost all trial gear is useless in most fo the content in the game. When I say useless, I mean it offers no benefit. Also, some of the set bonuses require other players to be involved to get the benefit (for most builds).

So pretty much those that cannot complete trials would actually do just as well, or pretty close, with BoE gear.

Besides, it is nice having some things that require clearly specific content. I say that as someone who used to make millions a week selling the BoE gear from trials. Even then I liked that the actual trial gear was locked behind clearing the content.
    Options
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    idk wrote: »

The argument that nobody "needs" this gear or that doesn't hold any water at all.

Actually, part of the set bonus on almost all trial gear is useless in most fo the content in the game. When I say useless, I mean it offers no benefit. Also, some of the set bonuses require other players to be involved to get the benefit (for most builds).

So pretty much those that cannot complete trials would actually do just as well, or pretty close, with BoE gear.

Besides, it is nice having some things that require clearly specific content. I say that as someone who used to make millions a week selling the BoE gear from trials. Even then I liked that the actual trial gear was locked behind clearing the content.

Not all trial gear has specific minor slayer type bonuses...Advancing Yokeda comes to mind as a fairly popular set from vHRC(or nHRC I guess) that is missing dungeon/trial specific buffs. And even if they aren't any good in overland, or PVP, those buffs still apply to dungeons and public dungeons(they may even apply to delves, not sure) and the ONLY place to get those particular buffs is trials....to be fair, they need to be in dungeons and public dungeons as well, that way you can equally viable(or close to it) sets from dungeons that you can from trials. The same applies to perfected sets. Its one thing to have perfected versions of arena weapons since they are their own 2-piece set thing...whatever...but Why can you get a set of say perfected False God armor...but not a set of perfected Burning Spellweave? They could easily use the HM option for all bosses they implemented in Stone Garden to make it so those bosses drop perfected gear instead(though they would have to re-visit all the existing dungeons and copy that system to them somehow).

What you have here is an attitude that trials are the end-all and be-all of the game...though in truth, I find a lot of the vet trials I have done easier than some of the vet DLC dungeons. I get the feeling that those who run trials often seem to want to exclude those who don't run them often in any way they can. That might not be the intention at all...but that is the whole atmosphere of the trial scene. Its like those people who are against having a trial group finder when it won't affect them and how they run trials at all....it will only open trial access(no matter how disastrously) to casual pug groups and people who may not otherwise try the content. The hardcore trial guys would continue to zone-pug or go in with a pre-made group...but they are adamantly opposed to the idea of a trial finder? why?
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Not all trial gear has specific minor slayer type bonuses.

Thank you for confirming the accuracy of my statement.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If you want the gear, do the content.

(And I say this as someone who doesn't do dungeons or raids in MMOs. No, I shouldn't get the prizes.)
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

What you have here is an attitude that trials are the end-all and be-all of the game

Adding to the previous post. It would seem you are reading much into what I have said as this is not my attitude at all. I enjoy most aspects of the game from PvP to PvE and delves, dungeons and trials. So this suggestion of my attitude is patently false.
    Options
  • isoJs
    isoJs
    ✭✭
    No
    If you want the gear, prove you can even make use of it. Clear the content yourself. It’s already tradable within your group.

@Contaminate But what about those people who don’t have 11 other friends to run a dungeon with? This has nothing to do with people proving themselves because what if they don’t want to grind it for hours and hours. And yes I know it’s tradable with group members but what if another person didn’t run the dungeon with you and you wanted to give them armor.

Then they just ask more people to run with. There is zone chat etc. And if that other person want's something, he needs to play it.
    Since 2015
    Options
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I can guarantee it will never happen
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not all trial gear has specific minor slayer type bonuses...Advancing Yokeda comes to mind as a fairly popular set from vHRC(or nHRC I guess) that is missing dungeon/trial specific buffs. And even if they aren't any good in overland, or PVP, those buffs still apply to dungeons and public dungeons(they may even apply to delves, not sure) and the ONLY place to get those particular buffs is trials....to be fair, they need to be in dungeons and public dungeons as well, that way you can equally viable(or close to it) sets from dungeons that you can from trials. The same applies to perfected sets. Its one thing to have perfected versions of arena weapons since they are their own 2-piece set thing...whatever...but Why can you get a set of say perfected False God armor...but not a set of perfected Burning Spellweave? They could easily use the HM option for all bosses they implemented in Stone Garden to make it so those bosses drop perfected gear instead(though they would have to re-visit all the existing dungeons and copy that system to them somehow).

What you have here is an attitude that trials are the end-all and be-all of the game...though in truth, I find a lot of the vet trials I have done easier than some of the vet DLC dungeons. I get the feeling that those who run trials often seem to want to exclude those who don't run them often in any way they can. That might not be the intention at all...but that is the whole atmosphere of the trial scene. Its like those people who are against having a trial group finder when it won't affect them and how they run trials at all....it will only open trial access(no matter how disastrously) to casual pug groups and people who may not otherwise try the content. The hardcore trial guys would continue to zone-pug or go in with a pre-made group...but they are adamantly opposed to the idea of a trial finder? why?
    Craglorn trials are not very hard even in vet and vet have no benefit over normal other than in vet you get purple and even gold jewelry, and you can upgrade for gold. Now in an guild run people are more willing to share gear but same is true in normal runs.
    Edited by zaria on October 21, 2020 9:40PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • isoJs
    isoJs
    ✭✭
    No
    karekiz wrote: »
    Remove normal trials -> Add Tradeable gear.

So only veteran trials? Im ok with that, but what are you trying to say?
    Since 2015
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    karekiz wrote: »
    Remove normal trials -> Add Tradeable gear.

And Zos did not make "trial" gear tradable by any means when we only had one version of trials. Only gear that was not the main gear of the trial was BoP, but Zos moved all that out to other areas of the game.

Further, it would be, and was, a very poor design to not have an easier version of trials for players who are not up for the challenge. It was good that Zos rectified that shortcoming starting with MoL and would be a huge step backward for the game if they reverted to such a means that would make it a huge challenge for a casual player to do trials.
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    CrashTest wrote: »

1. They are at the very least experiencing the content. The same way someone can pay you to feed the AP in PvP because they want to get certain skills or the Legate Black dye.

Again, having a balance of things you can get from other players and things you have to get yourself is the healthiest option for the game.

And it makes more sense for the "things you have to get yourself" to be mostly in group content because playing in groups increases the longevity of the game.

Also, some day I will be as awesome in PvP as a Trial Boss, but right now, I'm more of a mudcrab. I do enjoy PvP, though. Just suck at fighting other people.
    Carries don't always experience the content, so the argument that they experience content fails. You can carry someone thru content with them being AFK, dead, or not even in group, so my point that it's no different than just giving them BoE gear still stands.

Also, you don't ever have to experience the content for vet dungeon sets that you can buy from Goldie every Friday, so it's already a thing in the game to get vet endgame gear without experiencing or doing the content from which the gear drops.
    Options