The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

LOL - The nerfs have begun - Ring of the Pale Order the new Thrassian Stranglers

• Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im all against nerfs of any kind.
    But it was a food call to limot the healing strength of this item.

1. Game was designed to include healing role.

2. As stated above, in pve it is possible to hit over 100k in a single attack

• JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    reeee pve causes pvp nerfs.

wow... slow down there please. We passed the 6th NerfCusOfPvP Lane just moments ago, and everybody be chill ... and now we gonna scream about
    2nd Nerf-over-PvE Lane like if the world was ending? Theres tons more streets like this comin yet... But i bet me assassin (hard tries to avoid swear words.) that when the car turns around and back to NerfOverPVP Lane everybody will be chill.
    I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    The heal effect has no cooldown so you can expect it to heal for every piece of damage done. What this change does is only capping the heal on heavy hits.
    ankeor wrote: »
    It can completely remove healers from PvE.

No it cant. The problem is that most players seem to only look at this ring from a DD perspective while ignoring Tanks and Mechanics completely.
    The ring will only heal you as long as you are able to do continuous damage and is only effective if your DPS is high enought. This means that Tanks for example cant use it.
    The thing is this:
    For Overland Content its a nice to have, but doesnt change anything.
    For vanilla Dungeons it wont change anything because no heal runs are already normal there.
    For DLC Dungeons you face mechanics and immunities, which makes the use of the ring harder. Furthermore the Tank has to be able to survive and thats usually the issue with no heal runs.
    For Trials you have the same issue as with DLC Dungeons.

Some content will have the ring as nice to have but not needed and the remaining content will have it as useless.

I agree with you. However, I do think it will harm healers. We will likely not need to see 2 healers in groups. We may not even need to see real healers and instead a healer will be running hybrid buff sets like MK+Zen. We already see that today with 2 healer comps. I could see comps not needing 2 healers after this.