Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Dragonknight and Templar are dead and ignored

Berchelous
Berchelous
✭✭✭✭
Are these classes replaced by necromancer and warden?

Necromancer got nearly all tankiness of dragonknight + aoe major defile skill + purge + sustain + damage mitigation that does not count as minor protection :D?

And we got warden. Templars have been butchered to make wardens better option. All templars got now is poor old aoe cleanse. Jabs skill sucks and if the aoe changes go live this class will be joke to play.

Both classes' passives suck too and feel old compared to warden's and necro's.

What do you think?
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Always specify if you talk about PvE or PvP and Stamina or Magicka. Please, add this specification to the title as well.

Magicka DKs are far from dead in PvE and so are magplars and stamplars.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 2, 2020 9:32AM
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka DKs are far from dead in PvE and so are magplars and stamplars.

Cant speak for DK, but heard sustain is TRASH. So is MagPlar's. Sustain is trash and both are heavy melee dependant for optimal DPS, which isn't the purpose of a MagDD's group. (Range, Range, Range...)
    Stamplar's sustain (health) is just poor for both PvE and PvP. Templars (both) bring nothing to the table in group content anymore beside DPS. Especially now with Minor Breach/Fracture added to S&B skill line. Templars are playable in PvE (wont deny that) but not recommended for hard end content (for obvious reason) and they are trash bottom in PvP. As i said, cant really speak for DK as i dont have one.
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »
    All templars got now is poor old aoe cleanse.
    What do you think?

Templar has SELF cleanse; AoE via Synergy. ALL Classes have AoE Cleanse via Alliance War skill: Purge.

You can't make a good argument if you have the basic facts wrong to begin with.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay first...I cheering inside as Templars get pushed down! Like you aren't wrong...but now let me sin against myself and explain your point better.

So a pivot point for stamplar and and ever popular templar healer was power of light. This is a very crucial min and max point for them. So I can under why other methods exist to provide it, but does leave them lacking compared my favorite sorc healer with similar penetration bonus. I suppose they still have ritual and largest aoe heal but synergy from that is so random to players... reminds me of negate.I would definitely complain about major main vs that monster set... though my sorc looks at earthgore like that too.

Still templar has also a balance of class unquieness with speed, minor breech ( idk you might care with new staff). Meaning they are only class to pull off minor breech aoe with speed siphon. Also only other is nightblade and their range is so babyish compared to Templar.

Now if min and maxing you definitely aren't wrong. It's warden and nerco Healers. Especially wardens are too godly.

Okay now for tanks. Like no way, nerco tanks well are super fun are super hard to use Along with major aoe problems. Nothing changed for tanks though possiblity of doing cool things with frost.

Now dk support is doing well as hybrid of dps/healer so idk they are okay.

Pure dps...idk I only play support 🤓.

P.S Templar tanks got bug fixes, and if you really wanted some strong ways to play. Also templar is so strong in pvp...I got running around in divines without problems.

Edited by Starlight_Whisper on October 2, 2020 9:54AM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

P.S Templar tanks got bug fixes, and if you really wanted some strong ways to play. Also templar is so strong in pvp...I got running around in divines without problems.

If you run around as templar in divines in pvp without problems then you never face good players.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vajrak wrote: »
    What do you think?

Templar has SELF cleanse; AoE via Synergy. ALL Classes have AoE Cleanse via Alliance War skill: Purge.

The old 'slot purge' argument. Very unfair do have a free purge (warden wit netch) vs a really expensive skill on already hard to sustain class.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think?

Are you serious?
    Templar-
    -Give one instance where anyone stam or mag uses AvA Purge be stam or mag except Ball Groups.
    -Can you tell one buff Templars got in last few patches. Specially since harrowstorm.
    -Their burning light proc was trashed which was a big deal in PvE and PvP both.
    -Their maj defile is tied to a skill which can be interrupted or roll dodged. Try avoiding a 15k Bone dude running at you with huge damage and defile.
    -Try hitting anyone but a dummy and land all 4 Jab/puncturing hits...
    -Compare their cheap ulti to a NB incap...thats another point NB are trash too in certain regards.

DK
    - should be named as Sloth Knight...
    - no class spammable for stam atleast. Dont dare say poop rocks. But for this point spammable of warden/ necro is also poop.
    - maj defile comes from ultimate.
    - self healing skill is still garbage.
    - warden can reflect range attacks, why not wings?
    - necro/warden have self purge from class skill. Where is DK purge...
    - Both classes have passive defence, minor protection/ spirit. DK gets a 3k spell res?
    - Sub assault every 3 sec, BB every 5 sec, burst, g l dotting anyone who can move faster than you or can purge...oh wait necro and warden...

I dont have anything against these classes. But ignoring that other claases should be brought to same level is pathetic...

Just becasue Templar has Purge, it doesnt mean class is on par with warden/necro...
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templar have purge, which costs 500 mag less than efficient purge, which also removes negative effects from allies in an 18m radius.
    The purify synergy has a long cooldown.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP perspective:

I would say magdk is pretty much top tier for 1 v 1 at the moment. I never have any trouble 1 v 1, open world is always a bit of a slog...

I don't have a levelled templar so can't speak for them.

Stamdk is lacking for sure at the moment. Wardens will be pretty neutered next patch, I am actually looking forward to fighting them 😂
    My warden won't be effected as at the moment it's very niche... Stamcro will be nearly as bad, whilst magcro will be worst than it already is.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think?

The OP had no facts wrong. He didn't say only Plar has AOE cleanse. Your argument doesn't even touch on the point they're making. The only good thing about Templar is the cheap AOE cleanse, you try sustaining purge on anything else. Ability to easily cleanse is the trademark of Plar, and honestly its all they have
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they want to sell the class tokens

Which means this game is crap
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only class in this game that is dead and ignored is Mag Necromancer in PvP.

No one is going to believe any stamina class is dead or ignored considering this is literally Elder Stamina Online and any stamina class is miles ahead of half the mag classes in this game and no where near as bad off as Magicka Necromancer is.

Fact is that the Templar and Dragon Knight are actually fairly well designed classes and while they may not be top dogs right now, the classes that are 'better off' are generally considered to be the most broken classes in the game. And even those classes are largely being carried by only one or 2 over-tuned skills.

So I'm sorry, but this is one of those situations where the solution isn't to buff either Templars or Dragon Knights but rather reign in some of the overperforming things that other classes have been taking advantage of for so long. We're already seeing that with these major and minor buff changes which will have a fairly substantial impact on the 2 classes most complained about in this very thread.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think?

The OP had no facts wrong. He didn't say only Plar has AOE cleanse. Your argument doesn't even touch on the point they're making. The only good thing about Templar is the cheap AOE cleanse, you try sustaining purge on anything else. Ability to easily cleanse is the trademark of Plar, and honestly its all they have

Cheap? You call 5k Magicka cost cheap?
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    The only class in this game that is dead and ignored is Mag Necromancer in PvP.

No one is going to believe any stamina class is dead or ignored considering this is literally Elder Stamina Online and any stamina class is miles ahead of half the mag classes in this game and no where near as bad off as Magicka Necromancer is.

Fact is that the Templar and Dragon Knight are actually fairly well designed classes and while they may not be top dogs right now, the classes that are 'better off' are generally considered to be the most broken classes in the game. And even those classes are largely being carried by only one or 2 over-tuned skills.

So I'm sorry, but this is one of those situations where the solution isn't to buff either Templars or Dragon Knights but rather reign in some of the overperforming things that other classes have been taking advantage of for so long. We're already seeing that with these major and minor buff changes which will have a fairly substantial impact on the 2 classes most complained about in this very thread.

having a PvP strict view isn't objective. Yes MagCro isn't in a good spot in PvP (while they are average low DPS but mandatory support in PvE) they are still better in PvE than MagPlar (because MagPlar rely at 100% on mele spammable and bring nothing to the group), and NO end game trial will bring a Stam setup.

Finally, if you play StamPlar in PvP (because we're talking about PvP) you might notice that StamPlar bring NOTHING from Templar's skill line. Cant proc Burning light (Burst) BackLash (POTL) deal pity damage, you have 0 (ZERO) heal or mitigation from Templar's line and rely at 100% on Vigor (which isn't bad, neither great as it NEVER saved my as*. I'm an average low player in PvP, i can admit that but i never fought a Stamplar in PvP to prouve me it's a good PvP class, and it's obivous why we dont see any/much there. (neither MagCro as far as I remember, but it's not a MagCro's thread)
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not remember the Templar meta we had a few months ago?
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironic enough; my favorite classes to play are literally both mag and stam templar and mDK for PvP. I am really itching for this weeks tests to get over to bring my stamplar out without hearing how OP stamplar is. I've been enjoying Magdk during this but I am real tired of leap causing desync into a rubberband in lag lately
    Edited by techyeshic on October 2, 2020 6:04PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not remember the Templar meta we had a few months ago?

Nope. Warden, Necro and magsorc have been leagues ahead of both templars for a while now.
    For solo play I'd put stamblade right there as well.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as pvp goes, the only standout weak class is magcro. But both stamplars and stamdks lost their niches to stamcros and stamdens. DK was the slow tanky class that had alot of inherent tankiness even when focusing dps. Like a dot and rot playstyle. Stamdens were similar but had burst along with the tankiness instead of the dots. Stamcro brought both rot and burst what with blastbones defile. On paper there is almost no point in going stamdk over stamcro other than leap vs smash.

With the breach and fracture combination PotL loses some its effectiveness and I doubt with major evasion going from 25% to 20% that biting jabs will be able to make up for it. If you go pierce armor to give major and minor fracture you now have to back bar SnB which means FB 2H for rally, which means no source of major expedition unless you go RAT which hurts your already low mag pool and reduces purging. To make up for it you can use a gap closer and then at that point just go invasion over crit rush to be able to gain a slot from not using javalin. FB (2H)- Biting jabs, Executioner, XFlexSpotX, Rally, Camo Hunter; BB (SnB)- Pierce Armor, Invasion, Vigor, Extended Ritual, Rune. At that point just go another class.

Necro's purge is far superior compared to templars just based on how fast it pays off. Expunge and Modify (removing up to 2 negative effects from yourself and restoring 515 Magicka and Stamina for each negative effect removed. While slotted, the cost of all your abilities are reduced by 3%) costs 1940 health (at work just looking at eso-skillbook.com). Depending on what you purge you may have lost 2k health to those dots in the next second. Disregarding the 1030 stam and magicka return, disregarding the 3% ability cost reduction, depending on build/food that may almost be sustained just by your health recovery. Meanwhile templar purge is 5 debuffs for 4860 magicka, minor mending and 10% more blocked damage. Most stamplars don't invest anything into magicka so that'd be around what 500ish magicka regen and inifnitely sustainable if used around every 20 secs. It's literally not even in the same ballpark.

With the nerf to major mending from frag shield dk's survivability will drop pretty significantly, which was pretty much the only thing keeping it barely viable.
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE Stamden Perspective:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hi.

I'm the most overnerfed, ignored DPS class since release.
    Edited by Skjaldbjorn on October 2, 2020 10:53PM
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the first time in what? 6 years? Calm down.

| PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    PVE Stamden Perspective:

First : not a StamDen topic.
    Second : i agree they are not represented in PvE for a reason (not being great at all)
    Third : it's kinda complicated to buff the overperforming PvP class to be good in PvE without making it completly GodMoD for PvP. That's the problem, i wont deny something must be done. I wish, skill was different from PvP and PvE but it aint gone happen :(
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koubo wrote: »
    PVE Stamden Perspective:

Second : i agree they are not represented in PvE for a reason (not being great at all)
    Third : it's kinda complicated to buff the overperforming PvP class to be good in PvE without making it completly GodMoD for PvP. That's the problem, i wont deny something must be done. I wish, skill was different from PvP and PvE but it aint gone happen :(

I mean the sub assault change was good move, removes some of the aoe burst potential of stamden, but gives them an extra gcd to work with.
    Problem is their tankiness combined with the high burst makes them a little too well rounded compared to some of the other classes.
    They could definetly peg down the heal on Arctic blast a bit, and i think warden would be in a much more balanced spot pvp wise.
    After that their spammable needs to be reworked both for mag and stam.
    Having a weak dot attached to off balance, and you can only proc it from range?
    What a joke.
    All Stam specs should have class based melee spammable option, period.
  • cheesefome
    cheesefome
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Probably currently the most op classes atm.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    PVE Stamden Perspective:

I mean the sub assault change was good move, removes some of the aoe burst potential of stamden, but gives them an extra gcd to work with.
    Problem is their tankiness combined with the high burst makes them a little too well rounded compared to some of the other classes.
    They could definetly peg down the heal on Arctic blast a bit, and i think warden would be in a much more balanced spot pvp wise.
    What a joke.

lol. that weak dot hits better than most dots though. and wasnt it undodgeable? or did they changed that again? seems good to me.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    PVE Stamden Perspective:

What a joke.

lol. that weak dot hits better than most dots though. and wasnt it undodgeable? or did they changed that again? seems good to me.

I think you mean Growing Swarm, thats a different dot from the one attached to Cutting Dive.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In what type of pvp are y’all talking about
    Magcro are one of the best pvp classes for AvA right now. Not the best for 1vx and decent small group and BG’s and bad one dueling
    Magdks are god awful 1vx and AvA.great at dueling and decent is small group and BG’s
    But magdks have the lowest kill potential in the game they’ll deal the most dmg but lowest kills.
    Haven’t played a Templar in a very long time because class is boring asf. But they are decent at dueling and BG’s not to great in ava other than healers and just as bad as dks in 1vx.
    When I play my magcro in BG’s everyone just dies in front me without effort
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDK and Stamplars are everywhere in PVP. Xbox NA Cyro. Not sure if these are the most popular classes but there are a lot.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    StamDK and Stamplars are everywhere in PVP. Xbox NA Cyro. Not sure if these are the most popular classes but there are a lot.

I mean different platforms have different metas.
    On pc EU stamplar and stamDK are kinda unpopular right now, neither goes very well with the procset meta, and Stat based builds on these classes are strictly.worse than on stamden/stamcro.
    It's also important to note that you can clap bad players with any class/spec and it really shouldn't be the main factor into how a class performs.
    In bgs stamplars are pretty non existent as the ridiculously low self healing of the class really shows in no cp, and our dmg was just destroyed by multiple heavy nerfs.
    StamDK is in the sameish boat, basically not really doing much outside leap and come next patch their healing is also taking a huge hit.
    Someone posted a class tier list for pvp based on class rep and well known top players feedback recently on the forums and both specs were heavily on the lower end of the spectrum in most pvp modes.
    For personally, I have mained stamplar since it was even possible(and magplar before), but I do 10x better on my stamsorc in bgs than my main at the moment.
    The class.just doesn't bring anything to bgs that other classes can't do much better.
    Power of the light hits for.next to nothing, burning light procs about half as often as before Stonethorn and defensively stamplar has been one of the worse specs in the game for a long time.
    And yes we have purge, which costs 5k Magicka, and with the current bg meta it might as well be free and I still couldn't keep up with all the dot procs.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread requires me to PRETEND that I didn't just see DragonKnights and Templars dominate BGs over the last couple weeks :D My team got carried by a dragonknight one time
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kory wrote: »
    This thread requires me to PRETEND that I didn't just see DragonKnights and Templars dominate BGs over the last couple weeks :D My team got carried by a dragonknight one time

Let’s not forget many players don’t want to level alts and will stick with their classes no matter what. The fact still remains tho any setup on a DK or Templar can be done better on a Warden and Necro.