The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Dragonknight and Templar are dead and ignored

• rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kory wrote: »
    This thread requires me to PRETEND that I didn't just see DragonKnights and Templars dominate BGs over the last couple weeks :D My team got carried by a dragonknight one time

DK is FINE in BG - that's it. No one is denying that - it is just fine in BG, however, other aspects of the game (pvp, pve [trials especially]) it is one of the worst, if not the, classes. I main stamdk in pve and I offer nothing to the group and I'm 10k behind of stamcros and stamblades. We need something!

For almost 8 months that I've played this game stamdk has been the worst. I also leveled magdk which I loved but vampirism changes made it just feel horrible. Other classes can hit for so much more with so much easier sustain that it's unfair.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS hasn;t ignored these classes.

They've been quite attentive in giving them nerfs for quite a while now.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS hasn;t ignored these classes.

They've been quite attentive in giving them nerfs for quite a while now.

I'll be honest at this point I'm actually surprised that anyone could call either of these OP, but yet these forums still have those ppl.
    Thankfully from the latest tier list taken from class reps and top players the state of these classes are pretty obvious.
  • pink_panther
    pink_panther
    ✭✭✭
    From a PVE perspective stam dk just sucks. Sustain is ultra bad and you can't even make use of all passives. Stone Giant is also very clunky cause u can't swap cancel the first stomp.

Helping Hands would help sustain but why would you slot molten weapons or stupid obsidian shield?? U can drink a potion and get the same buffs .... All you do is lose damage.

That Banners ult cost is very high so you can't rely on that for ressources because your ult generation is too low.

I suggest changing the passive in a way that all magicka abilities restore more stamina and add a cd to it.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally Classes should become again, for what they made for!

Templar = best heal
    Dragonknight = best tankiness
    Nightblade = highest single target damage
    Sorcerer = highest range damage
    Warden = best allrounder
    Necromancer = best support

All classes should be able to go in every direction with average numbers.. for sure some have more and higher dotdamage, others have more aoedamage, more support or whatever. At the end why should 2 newer classes get everything while 2 older classes lose everything they had there... This direction is just wrong and p2w just sux, if we have allready a month payment ESO+...

DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • AhSeLYaG
    AhSeLYaG
    ✭✭✭
    İ m very glad some classes getting nerfed. Hope to see more coming for especially for necro and warden stamina specs.
    İ am a magblade main and we have been opening these type of topics for a verryy long time.. noone cared.
    Time to share suffer hahahah😁
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AhSeLYaG wrote: »
    İ m very glad some classes getting nerfed. Hope to see more coming for especially for necro and warden stamina specs.
    İ am a magblade main and we have been opening these type of topics for a verryy long time.. noone cared.
    Time to share suffer hahahah😁

You will not find it funny when next patch your magblade parse is at least 10-15k lower than stamcro and stamden. This thread was about dk and templar, they are already the bottom. [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 6, 2020 3:11PM
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »
    Are these classes replaced by necromancer and warden?

Necromancer got nearly all tankiness of dragonknight + aoe major defile skill + purge + sustain + damage mitigation that does not count as minor protection :D?

And we got warden. Templars have been butchered to make wardens better option. All templars got now is poor old aoe cleanse. Jabs skill sucks and if the aoe changes go live this class will be joke to play.

Both classes' passives suck too and feel old compared to warden's and necro's.

What do you think?

Might I introduce you to one of the worst classes in the game: Magicka necromancer?
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep724 wrote: »
    This thread requires me to PRETEND that I didn't just see DragonKnights and Templars dominate BGs over the last couple weeks :D My team got carried by a dragonknight one time

Let’s not forget many players don’t want to level alts and will stick with their classes no matter what. The fact still remains tho any setup on a DK or Templar can be done better on a Warden and Necro.

You do know magicka DK and templar are better than magicka necromancer, right?

• hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    hakan wrote: »
    Koubo wrote: »
    PVE Stamden Perspective:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hi.

I'm the most overnerfed, ignored DPS class since release.

First : not a StamDen topic.
    Second : i agree they are not represented in PvE for a reason (not being great at all)
    Third : it's kinda complicated to buff the overperforming PvP class to be good in PvE without making it completly GodMoD for PvP. That's the problem, i wont deny something must be done. I wish, skill was different from PvP and PvE but it aint gone happen :(

I mean the sub assault change was good move, removes some of the aoe burst potential of stamden, but gives them an extra gcd to work with.
    Problem is their tankiness combined with the high burst makes them a little too well rounded compared to some of the other classes.
    They could definetly peg down the heal on Arctic blast a bit, and i think warden would be in a much more balanced spot pvp wise.
    After that their spammable needs to be reworked both for mag and stam.
    Having a weak dot attached to off balance, and you can only proc it from range?
    What a joke.
    All Stam specs should have class based melee spammable option, period.

lol. that weak dot hits better than most dots though. and wasnt it undodgeable? or did they changed that again? seems good to me.

I think you mean Growing Swarm, thats a different dot from the one attached to Cutting Dive.

no im talking about cutting dives bleed. a dot that can hit more than 1k is good to me after the "big dot nerf" that affected most of the dots in the game. stuff like poison injection, lotus fan, stampede, rending etc hits comically low damage like 300-500 nowadays. so a ranged spammable with off balance and stackable bleed is good to me. also when that racer dissolves you heal for 1250 lol. talk about overloaded.

i know its bad in pve, they could easily balance them seperately but they dont. still every ability has additional affect that is easy to apply meanwhile some class abilities got their buff/debuffs scrapped from them cuz " overloaded dur hurr "
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still happily play my 2h/2h stamplar and dominate everything and solo hard to solo stuff... but then again I don't give 2 F's about min max meta crap as meta chasing is the single biggest fun killer in the game.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koubo wrote: »
    PVE Stamden Perspective:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hi.

I'm the most overnerfed, ignored DPS class since release.

First : not a StamDen topic.
    Second : i agree they are not represented in PvE for a reason (not being great at all)
    Third : it's kinda complicated to buff the overperforming PvP class to be good in PvE without making it completly GodMoD for PvP. That's the problem, i wont deny something must be done. I wish, skill was different from PvP and PvE but it aint gone happen :(

I mean the sub assault change was good move, removes some of the aoe burst potential of stamden, but gives them an extra gcd to work with.
    Problem is their tankiness combined with the high burst makes them a little too well rounded compared to some of the other classes.
    They could definetly peg down the heal on Arctic blast a bit, and i think warden would be in a much more balanced spot pvp wise.
    After that their spammable needs to be reworked both for mag and stam.
    Having a weak dot attached to off balance, and you can only proc it from range?
    What a joke.
    All Stam specs should have class based melee spammable option, period.

lol. that weak dot hits better than most dots though. and wasnt it undodgeable? or did they changed that again? seems good to me.

I think you mean Growing Swarm, thats a different dot from the one attached to Cutting Dive.

no im talking about cutting dives bleed. a dot that can hit more than 1k is good to me after the "big dot nerf" that affected most of the dots in the game. stuff like poison injection, lotus fan, stampede, rending etc hits comically low damage like 300-500 nowadays. so a ranged spammable with off balance and stackable bleed is good to me. also when that racer dissolves you heal for 1250 lol. talk about overloaded.

i know its bad in pve, they could easily balance them seperately but they dont. still every ability has additional affect that is easy to apply meanwhile some class abilities got their buff/debuffs scrapped from them cuz " overloaded dur hurr "

I can't remember the last time I saw any warden use cutting dive in pvp.
    That alone should tell you how overloaded the skill is.
    I'm all for warden nerfs, where it's needed like Arctic blast, but cutting dive is a bad skill, period.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably carried your team in BG but that's my personal skill as a magDK, I also parse the highest in trials and dungeons, again, my own skill.

But take someone with the same skill in trials and they will out parse me on many other classes and I have one friend who I play with who oftentimes does.

And that's the thing, you can't be like "Oh I see this happen" because skill is a thing, if you mathematically deduced that something is weaker then use all the higher skilled tests to compare notes achieving a baseline and you'll see that this is true.

That stamDK is the worse stamina DPS in end game PvE period, MagDK should do stamina levels of DPS because of having to be melee and sustain is such trash because all of our passives are outdated tank garbage except a few which DO NOT scale with the new resource regen buff.

Don't come for my class because you got leaped without knowing all the facts.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    In what type of pvp are y’all talking about
    Magcro are one of the best pvp classes for AvA right now. Not the best for 1vx and decent small group and BG’s and bad one dueling
    Magdks are god awful 1vx and AvA.great at dueling and decent is small group and BG’s
    But magdks have the lowest kill potential in the game they’ll deal the most dmg but lowest kills.
    Haven’t played a Templar in a very long time because class is boring asf. But they are decent at dueling and BG’s not to great in ava other than healers and just as bad as dks in 1vx.
    When I play my magcro in BG’s everyone just dies in front me without effort

AvA power levels are irrelevant and if everyone in front of you dies without effort on a magcro in a bg, you must be facing bottom of the barrel players. It typically requires A LOT more work to get a kill on magcro compared to most other classes. The class has such a decrepit offensive kit that you really only do significant damage when supplemented by procs.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep724 wrote: »

Let’s not forget many players don’t want to level alts and will stick with their classes no matter what. The fact still remains tho any setup on a DK or Templar can be done better on a Warden and Necro.

You do know magicka DK and templar are better than magicka necromancer, right?

Magcro just hit 100k on pts parse, haven't seen anyone break 90k with dk l. Better, how?
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, people are hitting 108k on pts with stamcro, stamblade and soon stamden too.

Meanwhile the best parse for dk has been, what, 89k? ZOS, c'mon for real already. HELP US!

You cannot allow this to go through or no one will play dk, sorc or templar.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rrimöykk wrote: »
    So, people are hitting 108k on pts with stamcro, stamblade and soon stamden too.

Meanwhile the best parse for dk has been, what, 89k? ZOS, c'mon for real already. HELP US!

You cannot allow this to go through or no one will play dk, sorc or templar.

Makes sense that paid classes are on top. The more people ditch base game classes the better for business. Dont expect it to ever change.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly getting really tired of the Elder Stamina Online. Templars and DKs have both been been neutered ever since One Stamriel came out . For Templars no more Major Mending, BoL only healing 1 extra target, Radiant's damage being nerfed multiple times, Blazing Spear/Luminous Shards losing the stun/disorient and having its damage reduced. Infact most of the Templar dps skills Mag and Stam have had damage nerfs and good luck getting Sweeps to even do 1 tick of damage in Cyro. DKs still have no Stam spammable after 6 years, Wings doesn't reflect anymore, all their skills cost way too much and much like Temps a lot of their DPS skills have been nerfed. I could go on and on for both classes, its just funny when Wardens and Necros have inherited all the buffs and niches that Temps/DKs used to have but they got nerfed to sell those classes but totally not P2W right?🤷‍♂️
    Edited by Vetixio on October 5, 2020 10:03PM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.