The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

MagDKs out of control in 1v1 situations

Lord_Boom10
Lord_Boom10
Soul Shriven
rules of encounter:
*closed space fighting ground
* you are not a pet-sorc with escapist poison and cancer proc-sets
* you both are bloodlust
* you both have 1 day to prepare (why even bother though)
* you may even be a stamcro with defile (does not even matter - they control the fight)
what do you do (log out or delete char ?)
K = {(i, x) | program i halts when run on input x}
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You relax. Cause it’s just a game
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't fight a mag DK in a closed space, they will absolutely dominate you as it is their best case scenario. But given your conditions, I believe a fully damage specced roller stamblade will easily win in this scenario considering both players are highly skilled. In a closed environment without LoS, Ballista is broken OP (with 7k+ wep damage, you can get close to 140k tooltip). Time a fear/magnum shot right after Ballista drop to avoid blocking and follow up with bow proc, it will either out right kill the DK or at least bring them in execute range.
    Edited by nesakinter on September 30, 2020 10:18PM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like tight spaces too, but I’m Stamden.

Prebuff netch and green lotus. Then Sub assault, gripping shard, Leeching vines, another gripping shard after break free, poison injection, sub assault, growing swarm, bloodcraze, spin to win. Heal through the initial fire dots and I’m good to go.

But yeah warden OP! 😉
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a necro from 2014?
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but that is the only thing they can do they are ok in BG’s and suck 1vx and small group
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magDK the one thing I want is my opponent to get into a closed space since that's where I do best. Dragonknights are CQC kings but where you get them is ranged combat with a requirement for high mobility. Its rare to find a ranged dragonknight due to the fact all our powerful class abilities are locked into melee range, and its also why you see us using gap closers on both mag and stam builds.

Honestly if you want to kill a dragonknight stay mobile, Purge their DoTs since that's where a lot of their damage comes from, don't waste your stamina when you find them fossilizing you, and never, EVER, stay in melee range for too long when you see them using Zaans or Grothdarr. I know this is easier said then done when all their Ardent Flame Abilities come with a small snare, but if you don't they will burn you alive.

Also pro tip.... don't fight in the Dragonknight Standard. It applies Major Defile to you which crushes your ability to heal. I've fought plenty of people who never understood that and got themselves killed.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no no no no no. pls understand the game then talk. thats their specialty, you character shouldnt supposed to do everything. let them live.
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    DoTs are magDKs weakness. No purge and average selfheals on their backbar makes them burns their mag on defence instead of offense, specially with sets like unleashed, veno smite, sheer venom and vMA 2H
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Prebuff netch and green lotus. Then Sub assault, gripping shard, Leeching vines, another gripping shard after break free, poison injection, sub assault, growing swarm, bloodcraze, spin to win. Heal through the initial fire dots and I’m good to go.

But yeah warden OP! 😉

What is the DK doing while you fired off 11 skills? Youre going to get fossilized twice, depending on build you could be eating grothdar, talons, FOO, poison inject reflecting fire damage, your melee attacks reflecting from volatile, burning embers ripping you while your heals are getting pumped befouled hard (pending dk cp/enchant) and dealing with reduced fire damage and additional dot from engulfing flames. Then your getting leapt on and recieving a 3 stack molten whip. At the same time as you described above.

Thats all speculative obviously but long winded explanations and rotations like you mentioned dont consider couter actions.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »

But yeah warden OP! 😉

What is the DK doing while you fired off 11 skills? Youre going to get fossilized twice, depending on build you could be eating grothdar, talons, FOO, poison inject reflecting fire damage, your melee attacks reflecting from volatile, burning embers ripping you while your heals are getting pumped befouled hard (pending dk cp/enchant) and dealing with reduced fire damage and additional dot from engulfing flames. Then your getting leapt on and recieving a 3 stack molten whip. At the same time as you described above.

Thats all speculative obviously but long winded explanations and rotations like you mentioned dont consider couter actions.

I also play DK, you’ll see there is no real melee until the end. I know if I get inside that 5m circle for too long the dots build up fast. I do a lot of work at mid range on warden and roll dodge is my friend. Leap is a legitimate counter, the idea though is get players trapped on their backbar so long as my heals can hold up. There’s parts I left out in the healing equation like life steal enchants.

I was actually dueling a DK the other day broke free from 2x shards I got my heals up and went into a channel with introspection while he was building his ulti. Dropped the channel and hit the burst combo when I knew his rss were low. Risky play to stay in the channel for 5 seconds but that’s how I play. I go all in or nothing. But outside of 1v1 I take way too many risks and get wrecked.

But that’s how I’ve always played PvP in all games. It’s all or nothing. Everyone with all their cool guns in FPS games and here I come with a shotgun and a rocket launcher. 😆
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are people pretending that a magDK with overwhelming surge, grothdarr, crest of cyrodiil and malacath isnt overperfoming hardcore in a 1v1? Lol.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »
    You don't fight a mag DK in a closed space, they will absolutely dominate you as it is their best case scenario. But given your conditions, I believe a fully damage specced roller stamblade will easily win in this scenario considering both players are highly skilled. In a closed environment without LoS, Ballista is broken OP (with 7k+ wep damage, you can get close to 140k tooltip). Time a fear/magnum shot right after Ballista drop to avoid blocking and follow up with bow proc, it will either out right kill the DK or at least bring them in execute range.

hitting corrosive when someone drops a ballista is incredibly satisfying
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    We got stamcros, stamdens, proc and cancerous venom sets before making and jumping on a nerf MagDK train, which is a poor class already with poor sustain and one of the ignored classes of base game along with templars.
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Are people pretending that a magDK with overwhelming surge, grothdarr, crest of cyrodiil and malacath isnt overperfoming hardcore in a 1v1? Lol.

Draugrkins would be most cancer 1v1 vs MagDK combined with sets like malacath, zaan and icy conjuror
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, it's a dead class
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe? :D
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Draugrkins would be most cancer 1v1 vs MagDK combined with sets like malacath, zaan and icy conjuror

No.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a magDK that has used that set I can say certainty that the set has one massive flaw. The long cool down coupled with the fact it can be purged makes the set very unwieldy. Once it's been purged it won't be coming back for a while which cuts into your overall damage.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

As a magDK that has used that set I can say certainty that the set has one massive flaw. The long cool down coupled with the fact it can be purged makes the set very unwieldy. Once it's been purged it won't be coming back for a while which cuts into your overall damage.

Agree, tried it out in PvP too on MagDK and I didn't think it performed at all due to the cooldown and it got purged often.
    EU PC
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDKs had been continuously nerfed to the ground in PvP. The only thing still not too bad is 1v1.

Low mobility, no execute, lack of ranged attacks, lack of burst, DoT focusing class but with over nerfed DoT and CAN BE PURGED, nerfed wings, nerfed leap, high cost skills, etc. Do you still want further nerf????????

By the way, don't tell me that leap is execute. It's NOT. Execute is the kind of skills deals higher damage when the health of the opponent gets lower.

Can we ask ZOS to please publish average PvP performances of reach class? For example frequency of appearing on death recap, KDA ratio, damage per time, heal per time, death per time, etc. I don't think magdk is anywhere on the decent side.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagDKs had been continuously nerfed to the ground in PvP. The only thing still not too bad is 1v1.

Low mobility, no execute, lack of ranged attacks, lack of burst, DoT focusing class but with over nerfed DoT and CAN BE PURGED, nerfed wings, nerfed leap, high cost skills, etc. Do you still want further nerf????????

By the way, don't tell me that leap is execute. It's NOT. Execute is the kind of skills deals higher damage when the health of the opponent gets lower.

Can we ask ZOS to please publish average PvP performances of reach class? For example frequency of appearing on death recap, KDA ratio, damage per time, heal per time, death per time, etc. I don't think magdk is anywhere on the decent side.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/547968/pvp-tierlist-for-stonethorn/p1
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/547968/pvp-tierlist-for-stonethorn/p1

Edit:

I'm an experienced Battlefield player of over 10 years, started before EA took over DICE. We had no official statistics, but in the old days, there were 3rd party trackers of statistics of different weapons, different vehicles, etc. Players can know objectively the numbers. They may justify their arguments base on statistical data instead of personal feeling. I hope there could be something similar in ESO.

Now people in ESO are mainly arguing based on particular personal feelings and extreme examples, which could be misleading.

If people can speak based on more objective numbers, it will be much more convincing.
    Edited by LightYagami on October 8, 2020 12:00AM
  • rogenep360
    rogenep360
    ✭✭
    How do u kill a grothar magdk with staminadk? Cant even get closed cause u get melted in seconds
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rogenep360 wrote: »
    How do u kill a grothar magdk with staminadk? Cant even get closed cause u get melted in seconds

Depends on how much health the magDK has. If they are a little bit squishy you use Fossilize > Take Flight > Executioner.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the build of the stamDK who can't get close magdks and get melted in seconds?

Are they playing CP or No CP? 1v1or multiple?
    If CP, what are the CP allocations of the stamdk?
    What gears is the stamdk using?
    What are on the stamdk's skill bars?
    What's the experience of the stamdk who keep being melted?
    What's the experience difference between the two?
  • rogenep360
    rogenep360
    ✭✭
    1v1 proc magdk vs stamdk, I use nma+eternal vigor+bloodspawn, dw+bow, no proc sets or that kind of bs, I can kill other classes but everytime I get to face a magdk I cant even get in range to attack them cause they got that grothar set that is almost 100% on them plus the dots do their thing too, cant handle them at all, maybe need to go back to the typical desync swing spam meta and get the malacath ring XD
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    1v1 proc magdk vs stamdk, I use nma+eternal vigor+bloodspawn, dw+bow, no proc sets or that kind of bs, I can kill other classes but everytime I get to face a magdk I cant even get in range to attack them cause they got that grothar set that is almost 100% on them plus the dots do their thing too, cant handle them at all, maybe need to go back to the typical desync swing spam meta and get the malacath ring XD

If you use rapid strikes with your dual wield frontbar, every attack from the rapid strikes proc volatile armor damage on you. This usually hits around 800 per hit for a total of 5 times in 0.6 seconds which is 4k damage returned to you everytime you use rapid strikes.

Tested and experienced when i played my stamsorc dual wield.
  • rogenep360
    rogenep360
    ✭✭
    Dont use that skill, also when I usually die I see like 3 grothar procs, and the usual dots, the thing is my dots dont do *** damage to them, maybe u need that malacath ring and proc sets in order to be competitive against them this patch
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    January 2020:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/510549/the-state-of-magicka-dragonknight

October 2020:

"Mag DK is OP. Nerf it." Hahahahahaha