The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PvP Tierlist for Stonethorn

BohnT2
BohnT2
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello,
as with every new Patch the PvP meta has undergone some changes which resulted in different specs being more or less viable depending on the situation.

Without further ado here's the new PvP Tierlist compiled by the Class Rep discord and some of the best PvPers in the game TIERLIST6-1-0.jpg

Just like we did with earlier tierlists there's also a small compiled list which ranks each class in some other stats and gives some explanations.

BACKSIDE6-1-0.jpg
Do note that the AoE tests haven't been taken into consideration when making this list, they don't affect any ranking decision.

The biggest changes will be listed here again:
For solo play in Cp PvP stamnecro and stamwarden have been deemed to be so overbearing that they've shifted everything else down by almost a whole tier to show how dominating they are.

Stamina templar has taken a huge hit and has become the worst stamina spec by far, this negative trend can be seen in almost any situation.

Proc sets have become the most defining thing this patch, even the worst offensive spec (magicka necromancer) is able to kill enemies with them. This trend has very negatively affected PvP overall however.

We hope you can agree on the list and if not tell us why you feel differently.

With Markarth being about to launch in 4 weeks we hope to see some more changes in the Tierlist as they have been more or less stable when it comes to who's at the top and who's the sad losers.

If you want to be part of the discussion for the next tier list make sure to join the Class Rep discord.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say BGs, you mean Death Match right?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

every BG mode is a Death Match if you are brave enough
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

every BG mode is a Death Match if you are brave enough

Or if you're scared of the ball
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But yes @GrigorijMalahevich back when there was a stricter MMR I could agree with you, every match sometimes turned into something like a death match. Nowadays with the random assortment of experience levels, an experienced player on a high damage output class might as well sit in their base and play their esraj, they're not stopping an experienced player on a tanky class from shutting down a Relic / Chaosball game unless they can persuade their inexperienced teammates to attack the objective. In my opinion, when it comes to that, StamDK remains #1 "running back" (in US football terms), so to see us listed as last for BGs is about as jarring as seeing that a certain playstyle in Solo CP Cyro was clearly excluded when ranking MagCro and MagNB.

Anyhow really when it comes to BG balance, it's all irrelevant quite soon with the restoration of Group Match and the elimination of mode-specific queues. Who knows what we're gonna get.

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 2, 2020 5:34PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice list.

Only critique I'd give is related to the BG portion. Looks quite accurate, except I'd move StamNB down a tick or two. They are to reliant on having competent teammates. Even though they can get the most kills, they are rarely the driving force behind a team's victory in DM. Them need teammates who can openly engage, and absorb some pressure without dying.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on October 2, 2020 6:22PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • IneedaDollar
    IneedaDollar
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually a nice thread.
    A well crafted Tierlist from experienced players who know what they are doing.
    Not some opinion based ***.
    Thank you
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt necesseraly put Stam DK below stamplar for bgs, leap into execute is still an incredible tool for battlegrounds, but otherwise theyre in. The same spot as Templar, not really offering anything offensively outside of procsets.
    I'm glade you recognize stamsorc as a top tier bg class, not enough ppl do.
    Altough it should be noted that no cp stamsorc strength is heavily tied into procsets since their burst tools otherwise are kinda meh at best.
    I would also put stamblade higher rank in bgs, mainly Beacuse of procsets and hide playstyle especially with snipe is very risk/reward effective and possibly as good as using procsets on stamsorc(even if stamblade isn't as good overall).
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say it is pretty much spot on.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wardens are great and templars are garbage

I so sad now

:#
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    S+ Tier: Lag and Proc Sets
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Couldnt agree more.
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what's this S-tier stamsorc build? We've been dunked on for a fair while, it's about time we got something cool.
    If your reply is going to be Draurgkin on a brick-build, I will come to your house and slap you.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aedrion wrote: »
    So what's this S-tier stamsorc build? We've been dunked on for a fair while, it's about time we got something cool.
    If your reply is going to be Draurgkin on a brick-build, I will come to your house and slap you.

Like everything in no cp this patch it's a proc build :trollface:
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

5 proc 5 proc, bombard streak.
    Win. Stamsorc has the best tools to run full on proctato and still survive with mobility and sustain.
    I dunno how s tier but I run Syvarra +ev+balorgh+master dual wield. High sustain, mobility and the dmg is there especially after balorgh proc.
    And bombard streak is incredibly strong cc combo.
    Draugrkin is defo there too, and so is azureblight sorc.
    Take your pick.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the two classes behind a paywall are top tier?

I’m shocked I tell you, shocked.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and people didn't believe me when I told them stamDK was severely underpowered/underwhelming/not nearly as good as it needs to be.
    Edited by Zulera301 on October 3, 2020 12:43PM
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • BangX
    BangX
    ✭✭✭
    Templars need a rework.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Any procset combination lol. As much as I hate to say, building procsets allow stamsorcs to maximize their strength, which is mobility and AoE CC.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, when it comes to that, StamDK remains #1 "running back" (in US football terms)

I would guess stamDK has nothing over stamden when it comes to chaosball. Shimmering Shield beats wings, group major protection probably beats magma shell, both have major mending, warden has major expedition and a purge. The DK would be dead once afflicted with proc sets.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice list.

Only critique I'd give is related to the BG portion. Looks quite accurate, except I'd move StamNB down a tick or two. They are to reliant on having competent teammates. Even though they can get the most kills, they are rarely the driving force behind a team's victory in DM. Them need teammates who can openly engage, and absorb some pressure without dying.

lol so true. i mean i cant say im really good but 3days in a row i get the most vanilla teammates in bgs while the two other teams are all tanky-bursty-proccy builds that drives me crazy. i couldnt even stand up two seconds with my nb if i try to kill someone.

this was like 15times in a row. truely nightmarish. i mean proc sets are fine by me but this is too much.
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭
    BangX wrote: »
    Templars need a rework.

Yep, it was said repeatedly when things were on the PTS that Templars (Magplars to some degree and Stamplars especially) would be hit really hard in PvE and completely devestated in PvP.

But nothing was done about it and it all went Live and here we are.

I honestly don't know how they let things go Live like this. :'(
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If stamblade isnt good at solo idk what is
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    erio wrote: »

it's tied with magsorc as the best solo class of the old ones in cp.
    The A-Tier ranking is not ment to be seen as stamnb being bad but to show how dominant stamencro and stamwarden are
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So accurate. All the cry about Stamblades is just your standard MMO stealther cry. Good yes, the best.....nope.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I liken the bias against stamblades to how people view drone strikes. You can take out 30 people with a B-1 bomber and it won't make the news, kill 1 with a drone and people are out protesting.

Something about being killed by someone you did not know was there just sets people off. You can't defend yourself, you just die usually. I get it.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a nice thread.
    A well crafted Tierlist from experienced players who know what they are doing.
    Not some opinion based ***.
    Thank you

Any such list by its very definition is opinion based. Which is why you have people who disagree. That being said I can't really argue with too much. I'd move a few up or down a little but nothing blatantly out of place that I'd bother arguing over
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BangX wrote: »
    Templars need a rework.

No. They need the devs to stop "improving" them.

The OP's list looks about right but the best CLASS in B tier. Proc sets are S and A.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers for this, bit of a noob in the PvP scene, but where would you place say.. a DK werewolf? (slightly tankier than the rest I guess) for vampires I'm afraid to even ask, but would like to hear your thoughts. If either are viable I might get interested (I mostly went solo in the past.. talking back when vampires were OP in Cyro)
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

I liken the bias against stamblades to how people view drone strikes. You can take out 30 people with a B-1 bomber and it won't make the news, kill 1 with a drone and people are out protesting.

Something about being killed by someone you did not know was there just sets people off. You can't defend yourself, you just die usually. I get it.

To be fair in bgs there have been a lot of stamblades using double dot procs from range and just stealth away playstyle.
    Pretty much 0 risk all reward playstyle unless somehow you screw up and someone catches you in a gapcloser.
    You can even slot snipe and do some decent damage with it from range, thanks to all the lovely offensive buffs nightblades been getting.
    You can do similar stuff on magblade with oblivions foe and brp destro, but I mean it's still magblade.

Also cloak suppressing dots can't be underestimated this patch, Templar purge costs 5k Magicka and only removes 5 negative effects and doesn't stop you from taking dmg from single target attacks either.
    Definetly not a bad patch for stamblade.
    Edited by Firstmep on October 4, 2020 8:58AM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Cheers for this, bit of a noob in the PvP scene, but where would you place say.. a DK werewolf? (slightly tankier than the rest I guess) for vampires I'm afraid to even ask, but would like to hear your thoughts. If either are viable I might get interested (I mostly went solo in the past.. talking back when vampires were OP in Cyro)

If we were to place WW somewhere on the list it would be really high.
    They have insane pressure with the strongest dot in the game, access to major and minor defile from a single skill.
    The strongest instant spammable and access to the most powerful HP scaling heal which is benefiting a lot from the current trend of having more than 30k HP.

For bigger groups they'd fall behind a bit but can still prove their strengths with AoE major defile and an instant AoE stun that also applies major fracture and sets people off balance.

However stamdk is tied with stamplar to be one of the worst classes to run WW as most passives don't benefit you while in WW form, this is more like a slight drawback rather than an actual deal breaker.