The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What about change guild tabards to armbands or badges?

Winstonshead
Winstonshead
✭✭✭
Hi.
It's hard to make some good look with any guild tabard.
001.jpg
It's too big and nobody sees chests (main part of outfit)

I think it was normal for the start of the game in 2014 when there were few outfits, but now we have many outfits

So I think we need some changes, like:

Armbands:
002.jpg

Or badges:
003.jpg

Or just make some button in settings "Hide equipped guild tabard", like we have "Hide helmet" or "Hide mounts changes"
EU: Winstonshead
MD-ESO [RU]
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've wanted a Hide Tabard for like 5 years. I never even bother with the outfit system for clothing, simply because of it. I'm just forced to wear the same old costumes.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would *** love a hide tabard or have it as an armband or badge or hat or cloak or cape or... anything but a tabard.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild cloaks and Capes are nice. ZOS, we know you can do it! 😃

qz2abiwc0cii.jpeg
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    Guild cloaks and Capes are nice. ZOS, we know you can do it! 😃

qz2abiwc0cii.jpeg

Honestly, they can't even get some hair styles to work properly. They wind up clipping through clothes, shields, or removed entirely with certain hats. I don't think they can do cloaks.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their engine can't do cloaks, why do you think the hair we have are this bad?
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never bought a tabard. When I read posts like these it sounds like once you have one it automatically always displays and you can’t hide or unequip it ever. Is that the case? Are tabards only for showing your membership in a certain guild or do they give some other type of benefit?
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I’ve never bought a tabard. When I read posts like these it sounds like once you have one it automatically always displays and you can’t hide or unequip it ever. Is that the case? Are tabards only for showing your membership in a certain guild or do they give some other type of benefit?

You get one tabard which you can equip and unequip whenever u want when you buy it.
    So No you dont have keep it on, but some people Just Like to represent their guilds and i think some guilds make their members wear them.
    Problem is that they Just Ruin whatever Outfit ur wearing.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just flip it around. What if they hung on back inside of front...

P.S O.o am I still in pts section?
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sashimono. We know it can be done, there are examples in the game already in many trials and dungeons (like MoL).

Kuniyoshi_-_6_Select_Heroes_%28S81.5%29%2C_A_back_view_of_Onikojima_Yatar%C3%B4_Kazutada_in_armor_holding_a_spear_and_a_severed_head.jpg

PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sashimono. We know it can be done, there are examples in the game already in many trials and dungeons (like MoL).

Kuniyoshi_-_6_Select_Heroes_%28S81.5%29%2C_A_back_view_of_Onikojima_Yatar%C3%B4_Kazutada_in_armor_holding_a_spear_and_a_severed_head.jpg

Yes please.
    ON-npc-Hiath_the_Battlemaster_02.jpg
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes please.
    ON-npc-Hiath_the_Battlemaster_02.jpg
    Good idea
    And they could use the 3 flag and 2 flag varient to display the guild rank
    3 flags guild master, 2 flags admin and single flag for member

Would be adminnisred trough the guild rank/member access system(like bank access)
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't mind me, just here to give a +1 to this conversation.

I've been 100% for more things to use the guild tabard insignia with, whether it's capes, banners in a guildhall, badges, whatever. Maybe there's a way it could just be incorporated into the outfit station as dyes, so you could make sure you match your outfit with your guild colors. My RP guild would love this.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    Don't mind me, just here to give a +1 to this conversation.

I've been 100% for more things to use the guild tabard insignia with, whether it's capes, banners in a guildhall, badges, whatever. Maybe there's a way it could just be incorporated into the outfit station as dyes, so you could make sure you match your outfit with your guild colors. My RP guild would love this.

We can already save 4 sets of 3 colors for our outfit they could ad 5 more that always match guild 1 to 5
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you'll never see an armband or badge during gameplay because they are way too small.

An option to have the addition of a badge/armband would work for 'fashion' purposes only.

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First of all. It would be way too much work for them to design something that doesn't clip (hence the lazy approach of tabard hiding your armor).

Second... Armbands might have some historical connotations. You know. The black, white, red themed armband?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade