The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Markarth Related - please add writ boards and turn in to more cities

• Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djiku wrote: »
    They've been pretty consistent so far. Base-game zones (including Craglorn but excluding starter islands) and Chapter zones (including Wrothgar.) No writ turn-ins in DLC zones (Though Hew's Bane has the boards for some reason).

I don't see them breaking such a consistent pattern any time soon.

I totally foregot about Orsinium. That is an actual DLC-Zone. Chapters started with Morrowind which came after the Orsinium DLC. So they have placed writboards in DLC-Cities. I would really like to read ZOS' explanation why they stopped. I can't think of a valid reason.

Would you be OK with an Orsinium-like turn-in location for writs in those DLC small zones, @Djiku?

For example, a Markarth turn-in that's outside the city front door on the main steps (one load screen)?

Because I currently do writs in Solitude and am quite happy with it.

I always prefer less loadingscreens. Why can't there be a spot in Markarth inside the City for turn ins?

Because I don't think ZOS would support close proximity of the crafting area and turn-in.

However, if you were given a choice between a long turn-in (Orsinium) or load screen (Solitude) versus not having a writ turn-in at all ... I think you would still prefer to have a turn-in in the DLC zones. Am I right?

Because that's something that both players and ZOS would likely support.

I still think it is possible to have a turn in inside the city but I take a long turn in/load screen if I have to.
    This is not only about Markarth though. There are other DLC-Zones that are missing writboards and turn ins.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this but can we add some undaunted enclaves as well? It’s a total lag fest trying to go to Elden Root and Mournhold at times with 10 people dueling in the area. The more we can spread the enclaves around the better. I’m not saying put one in every city in every DLC but the main capital cities of DLC would be great. I would much rather run through 3 duels on my way to grabbing my dailies than 10!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this but can we add some undaunted enclaves as well? It’s a total lag fest trying to go to Elden Root and Mournhold at times with 10 people dueling in the area. The more we can spread the enclaves around the better. I’m not saying put one in every city in every DLC but the main capital cities of DLC would be great. I would much rather run through 3 duels on my way to grabbing my dailies than 10!

Enclaves, partially, benefit from having a large population. It helps you find other players for PUGs, and gives you a consistent place to group up. Before the Enclaves were a thing, that was frequently in Craglorn, though some PUGing does still go on out there as well.

Splitting them up further would defeat the purpose. Though, in city dueling is a pain.
  • Senducs
    Senducs

I would love more Undaunted Enclaves. Not everywhere, but why not have them at the chapter capitals? The Impresario is at every chaper capital now and you only need her a few weeks per year. You do pledges more or less everyday so I would prefer having the enclaves there instead of the Impresario.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next round of Patch Notes and still no answer from ZOS. I just don't get why they keep ignoring our request.
  • Senducs
    Senducs
    Next round of Patch Notes and still no answer from ZOS. I just don't get why they keep ignoring our request.

They don't care. It is such a small and simple request which would make a lot of people happy but ZOS is stubborn.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Senducs wrote: »

They don't care. It is such a small and simple request which would make a lot of people happy but ZOS is stubborn.

Making the playerbase happy has not been the greatest interest of ZOS for some time now. :D
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Or sell some Assistants in the Crown Store that you can place in your home. One to fetch your daily crafting writs and also be the turn-in point. And one to hand in your master writs.
    Bonus: This way the only bear ass blocking any crafting station will be your own.
    Settlements will still be populated by players who don't know you can get Crown Store items gifted to them through Crown Sellers, or who don't have access to a crafting hall.

Doubt this will ever happen. Besides Zos saying they will not put some functions into homes because they want us to have reasons to go into cities there is also the aspect that making things easier does not necessarily benefit the game.
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I've just spent ages searching the city for the writ boards. Why in Oblivion aren't there any?!
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • Ajaxcat
    Ajaxcat
    ✭✭
    Here I though I just couldn't find them. Glad I read this. If they ever offer that house I guess i won't be buying that either cause why buy a house in a city with no writ boards?