The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Markarth Related - please add writ boards and turn in to more cities

Epona222
Epona222
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Come on, crafting area in Markarth is utterly perfect, put the writ boards on one side of the hall where you load into the crafting area and turn in at the other so we can pick up writs and just go round the crafting stations in a circuit and turn in without ever leaving.

Pretty Please.
GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or sell some Assistants in the Crown Store that you can place in your home. One to fetch your daily crafting writs and also be the turn-in point. And one to hand in your master writs.
    Bonus: This way the only bear ass blocking any crafting station will be your own.
    Settlements will still be populated by players who don't know you can get Crown Store items gifted to them through Crown Sellers, or who don't have access to a crafting hall.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on September 22, 2020 7:47AM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Or sell some Assistants in the Crown Store that you can place in your home. One to fetch your daily crafting writs and also be the turn-in point. And one to hand in your master writs.
    Bonus: This way the only bear ass blocking any crafting station will be your own.
    Settlements will still be populated by players who don't know you can get Crown Store items gifted to them through Crown Sellers, or who don't have access to a crafting hall.

I doubt they'll do that, empty cities is not a good look for an MMO, they want towns to have a reason to visit - writs is the main reason. I think they even said that themselves at one point, so don't expect writ boards/assistants for home placement any time soon!
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Come on, crafting area in Markarth is utterly perfect, put the writ boards on one side of the hall where you load into the crafting area and turn in at the other so we can pick up writs and just go round the crafting stations in a circuit and turn in without ever leaving.

Pretty Please.

I absolutely support this.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least, they should really add writ crafting to the huge main cities in these smaller DLCs. What does it hurt, really?
  • Gorakiki
    Gorakiki

Pretty Please.

Yeah, this sounds great. I'm pretty much haunting Alinor for convenience's sake, but it would be cool if other areas were as easy to use -- nice to change scenery once in a blue moon.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

I doubt they'll do that, empty cities is not a good look for an MMO, they want towns to have a reason to visit - writs is the main reason. I think they even said that themselves at one point, so don't expect writ boards/assistants for home placement any time soon!

I agree with the reason, but disagree with the implementation. If the reason we can't do writs in our home with assistants is because towns would be empty, then we already have a problem because any city outside of Alinor and Vivec are essentially already dead for that purpose.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same thing with Senchal.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just add em to all DLC citys. Won't hurt anyone.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah adding writ turn ins to more cities would be great. I would love one in Balmora too as it's my favorite city in the game although Markarth is now up there too.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    As Markarth shapes up to be one of the better patches in recent history, especially with QoL improvements, I am once again disappointed that DLC-Zones still don't get writboards.
    I just don't see why the team is making an effort for nicely laid out crafting areas in DLC-Zones when the option to do your writs there is severely hindered by the abscence of writboards.
    I believe every player has something like a "homebase" for his characters, a town where they return to to go about their daily business, which most of the time involves doing crafting writs. Normally that would be a place with a good crafting area, close located wayshrine, good guildtraders or all of these points and others.
    The DLC-Zones don't fall into this "homebase"-category because they lack writboards. So i usually level through the zone, and leave. I only come back to these zones if I have to. Like for example for antiquities or motifpages I want, but that doesn't happen a lot. I rarely go back. ZOS even started with writboards in Hews Bane but didn't follow trough with a dropoff location for the crafted goods.
    Having writboards in every zone would help spread out the population and probably decrease loadingtimes for many major hubs.
    So many zones just fall of my radar, although I would really like to make them my homebase. I just don't see a reasonable explanation for continuing to refuse putting writboards into DLC-Cities.
    With Markarth being big on QoL improvements, why not make the end of the year of the dark heart of skyrim the moment ZOS opens their hearts to the idea of writboards in DLC-Cities (with dropoff locations aswell, of course)?
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, yes please!

I loved Markarth the moment i stepped foot in it in Skyrim, i am truly feeling at home there, i want it to be my homebase for everything, sadly this is not possible without writ boards :disappointed:

And to add to the previous posters, this crafting area is perfect, it would be such a shame, there were no writ board (and turn in station we dont want a hews bane situation there).

Please ZOS, markarth deserves to be a main hub for things, you've done a magnificent job in this city. I never want to leave again!
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly have no idea why developers should not add writ boards to DLC cities.
    For example Lilmoth and Markarth both have very nice crafting areas, yet it's shame that writ boards & writ turn in locations
    were not included.

Maybe developers could finally change that and make proper daily writ crafting possible at these DLC cities too?
    I would love to see that happening! Would make these DLC cities more alive, when players have more reasons to stay around. :)
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like ZOS is ignoring this topic once again. Wouldn't be the first time...
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    There are VERY few cities that are well situated for doing writs and that's why they are completely packed. Another perfect city for writs that won't get boards because it's a DLC. Spread the love! Loading into Vivec is a bear at prime.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont forget senchal
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've been pretty consistent so far. Base-game zones (including Craglorn but excluding starter islands) and Chapter zones (including Wrothgar.) No writ turn-ins in DLC zones (Though Hew's Bane has the boards for some reason).

I don't see them breaking such a consistent pattern any time soon.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty Please.

As far as iam aware they only add these to main cities of Chapters. Since this is a DLC city i doubt that theyll do it.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've been pretty consistent so far. Base-game zones (including Craglorn but excluding starter islands) and Chapter zones (including Wrothgar.) No writ turn-ins in DLC zones (Though Hew's Bane has the boards for some reason).

I totally foregot about Orsinium. That is an actual DLC-Zone. Chapters started with Morrowind which came after the Orsinium DLC. So they have placed writboards in DLC-Cities. I would really like to read ZOS' explanation why they stopped. I can't think of a valid reason.
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »

Pretty Please.

As far as iam aware they only add these to main cities of Chapters. Since this is a DLC city i doubt that theyll do it.

But why?

I think its the main reason why at some point after the DLC release (when they have the quests / daylies done) people just never go there again. Okay, mabye never is unfair, but WAY less. I do not see any reason to go to Hews Bane / Goldcoast / Senchal, aside from the occasional item buys. Writboards would change that, and DLC cities deserve to be worth visiting after x amount of months.
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just adding my +1 to this,

Markarth is beautiful, there is no reason not to add writ boards!
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    JN_Slevin wrote: »

Pretty Please.

But why?

I think its the main reason why at some point after the DLC release (when they have the quests / daylies done) people just never go there again. Okay, mabye never is unfair, but WAY less. I do not see any reason to go to Hews Bane / Goldcoast / Senchal, aside from the occasional item buys. Writboards would change that, and DLC cities deserve to be worth visiting after x amount of months.

Exactly and in the newest PTS Build nothing changed. I just wonder why they keep ignoring such a simple request. Putting writboards and turn in locations in DLC-Cities does not seem like a lot of work but it would make many people happy.
    Edited by Djiku on September 28, 2020 3:59PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Markarth had full crafting stations and turn ins/mission posts, it could be said with some certainty that there'd be More Karth in Markarth. This one has it on good authority.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed including Senchal in Southern Elsweyr
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pretty Please.

Hewbanes and gold coast had them
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JN_Slevin wrote: »

Pretty Please.

But why?

Hewbane and gold coast got writ board
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty Please.

Hewbanes and gold coast had them

Hews Bane only has the writboards but no turn in location. Gold Coast does not have boards and turn in.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djiku wrote: »

I totally foregot about Orsinium. That is an actual DLC-Zone. Chapters started with Morrowind which came after the Orsinium DLC. So they have placed writboards in DLC-Cities. I would really like to read ZOS' explanation why they stopped. I can't think of a valid reason.

Would you be OK with an Orsinium-like turn-in location for writs in those DLC small zones, @Djiku?

For example, a Markarth turn-in that's outside the city front door on the main steps (one load screen)?

Because I currently do writs in Solitude and am quite happy with it.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭

Would you be OK with an Orsinium-like turn-in location for writs in those DLC small zones, @Djiku?

For example, a Markarth turn-in that's outside the city front door on the main steps (one load screen)?

I always prefer less loadingscreens. Why can't there be a spot in Markarth inside the City for turn ins?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always prefer less loadingscreens. Why can't there be a spot in Markarth inside the City for turn ins?

Because I don't think ZOS would support close proximity of the crafting area and turn-in.

However, if you were given a choice between a long turn-in (Orsinium) or load screen (Solitude) versus not having a writ turn-in at all ... I think you would still prefer to have a turn-in in the DLC zones. Am I right?

Because that's something that both players and ZOS would likely support.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gorakiki wrote: »

Pretty Please.

Yeah, this sounds great. I'm pretty much haunting Alinor for convenience's sake, but it would be cool if other areas were as easy to use -- nice to change scenery once in a blue moon.

Rimmen's my favourite. It's a little further to the turn in than Alinor, but I usually swing by the stables on the way and rev my horse.