The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Vateshran Bow?

• manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really wish this bow would alter the actual snipe skill. It could change snipe to be instant cast, but decrease the damage and skill cost to be in line with a standard ranged spammable.
    - Mojican
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fnt833472q7f.png

@RandomKodiak
    just a random parse i did few times ago.

Also, that statement about range in trial is relative to the trial you're talking about. the problem is that even if spending 100% of your time at 3m range with max bonus on snipe, it wont make it for the loss of dmg for all other bow abilities, unless you go for a snipe only rotation with only snipe sloted and passive buff skills (such as undaunted or sorc's for WD or assass' for crit).

it would be ok if it was efficient at some point, even if i dont like that much having to run a single button rotation (well 2 with barbed trap) but again, this is so very situational that it cant be on par with any set budget it that state.
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was last weeks test before the changes
    Screenshot_20201006_031055.png
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, i guess your rotation is about endless hail (longer duration), poison injection and snipe spaming, you could almost remove poison injection from your rotation until you get to 40% health on the dummy. you would have an even greater %age of dmg on snipe and better overall dps (depending on critluck too).

even then, a dummy is the very only situation where this bow fits the number rule. anywhere else it wouldnt, that's why i think the actual idea is poorly thought.
    Edited by kalunte on October 12, 2020 7:11PM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3m range, wtf is going on?

Why we pick a bow, bc we want to play at ranged sometimes.

I really disappointed with this combat team and creative director , wtf bow user has to fight in the shortest range in game.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

I really disappointed with this combat team and creative director , wtf bow user has to fight in the shortest range in game.

More than likely, they placed this mechanic on the bow to keep people from using it in pvp. I get it.... but they probably didn’t think about anything other than adding damage to snipe. Could have done so much better with 5 minutes of thought put into the weapon
  • BangX
    BangX
    ✭✭✭

More than likely, they placed this mechanic on the bow to keep people from using it in pvp. I get it.... but they probably didn’t think about anything other than adding damage to snipe. Could have done so much better with 5 minutes of thought put into the weapon[/quote]

lol, then they've failed... Gankers will exploit this set and we'll see a new 1 shot meta, with the current patch, i can already 1 shot most players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9QUYZmlfEY&ab_channel=OhNoAssassin

• kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just a hint for devs about how to increase dps without increasing burst potential:

- add a dot (kills the spamable side)
    -increase frequency
    -add row bonus aside like wd (but this would also add some burst potential somehow)
    -add ramping bonus on uses (already the case with hawk eye)

also, conditions sucks. tethers range should be increase to "use" range (which is 28m for ranged abilities, but 8m for aoes). there's no tether on bow but there is on some other arena weapon, reducing the incentive to go for it.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, for me this is one of the least inspiring Item Sets that were designed in the last few years in ESO.

ZOS already had to deal with alot of complaints about Snipe from the PvP Side regarding ganking, which is why I assume they tried to create a set which would not make it as easy for Gankers in PvP to take advantage of a modified Snipe Ability.
    However, I feel like there are many, many options to make this Set do something interesting, instead of just adding a flat damage buff. Its boring. I also feel like encouraging close-range bow combat is just a weird concept in general, especially with a bow passive in the game that scales damage the further you are away from the enemy.

Some ideas:

- Increase your critical rating after hitting a Snipe for X seconds
    - If the Snipe hits, grant invisibility for X seconds
    - Decrease cost of roll dodge, increase cost of Sprint after sniping for X seconds
    - After hitting a snipe, gain Snare Immunity for X seconds

Edited by RealPhoenix on October 13, 2020 4:21PM
    PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like the dead bow will drop anyway, i'm glad some of you tried to turn it to something that can be used =)
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indeed, looks like its gonna be important part of arsenal of any bow/bow build in PVE on classes that desperately miss skills to use like Warden, Sorc, DK, hell, even Templar if someone is crazy enough to want to do bow/bow on it.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭

I mean these are the same developers that removed you being able to hold a charged heavy attack from bow as long as you wanted to. Logic and physics out the window.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean these are the same developers that removed you being able to hold a charged heavy attack from bow as long as you wanted to. Logic and physics out the window.

Technically, that was back when Eric was still running the combat design. Combat balance is Brian's show now.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Back in the day that was very important and necessary change for bow in PVE. It would still be if heavy attacking was more present in combat like during LA/HA testing few months ago. Logic and physics have no reason to be obstacle in any game.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still that this bow is useless unless you go for a brand new generic class without anything in your bars but fighters guild and snipe to fight at melee range (well, melee is up to 7m, this one is 3m...) ^^ which is a very poor design
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    still that this bow is useless unless you go for a brand new generic class without anything in your bars but fighters guild and snipe to fight at melee range (well, melee is up to 7m, this one is 3m...) ^^ which is a very poor design

Many builds are heavily reliant on spammable. To call something useless because it enhances something many builds do anyway, hell stamplars basically do just that, is very shortsighted. What you meant to say is that this bow's design doesnt fit your way of playing.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm saying exactly what i'm saying bro. this bow fits to only one particular playstyle which is poor.

if you want to compare it with a templar rotation, well, guess what? Jabs are AoE (undodgeable, no need to target, not a cast but a channeled ability) and the range is 8x6m so, that's about it. not talking of passives and sidekicks since both skills have passives and sidekicks.

as for jabs, you have multiple setups that fit to jabs without destroying other skills.
    this bow not only fail to put bow on top of anything else it also reduce all other skills efficiency.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i'm saying exactly what i'm saying bro. this bow fits to only one particular playstyle which is poor.

if you want to compare it with a templar rotation, well, guess what? Jabs are AoE (undodgeable, no need to target, not a cast but a channeled ability) and the range is 8x6m so, that's about it. not talking of passives and sidekicks since both skills have passives and sidekicks.

as for jabs, you have multiple setups that fit to jabs without destroying other skills.
    this bow not only fail to put bow on top of anything else it also reduce all other skills efficiency.

Nah lol. Only thing that matters if this bow works as alternative to other choices and, even better, surpasses them. As of now this bow does exactly that, which is tremendous success given history of other special weapon releases and fierce competition among other frontbar bows. You dont need to rework your playstyle to spamming spammables, its what you would be doing on classes like Stam Warden or Stamsorc already. Meanwhile classes like Necromancer dont gain anything doing that and can stick other tools like Master Bow and usual class skills.

This is all my opinion obviously and someone might prove me wrong, after all I can barely touch 95k DPS on PTS right now (tho 250 ping doesnt help :D )
    Edited by SodanTok on October 30, 2020 2:42PM
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SodanTok , ohai, i'd be glad if you show me a parse with vateshran bow at 3m- range and a parse with the exact same build but using vBRP bow at 18m range (removing some buff only skillslot in your front bar to put magnum shot instead). just to be sure that they are on par with each other :)
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SodanTok , ohai, i'd be glad if you show me a parse with vateshran bow at 3m- range and a parse with the exact same build but using vBRP bow at 18m range (removing some buff only skillslot in your front bar to put magnum shot instead). just to be sure that they are on par with each other :)

Maybe if I feel i have spare time to waste, lately such time become rarity so im more interested what works in real trial setting. Parked right under the boss with no time running around and walk in AoEs and mechanics :)