The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which quests have gay references?

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    I always wonder how some people, with all their hatred and prejudice, would react and feel the other way around if they were repeatedly confronted with discussing who they love, where they come from, what gender they belong to, etc. If they would have to justify themselves about who they are. Empathy is a valuable gift. And unfortunately many people lack it.

From what I have experienced, it's a strange question of "morality". I've come across people who openly spoke against racism, about equality between men and women, about the fact that "everyone" should have the same rights in a society - but "the gays?! No, of course they should not be tolerated, they're immoral, sick and a danger for mankind!!!" In their eyes, it's either a disease or a criminal tendency, and these things should not be supported. Telling them that homosexuality also occurs in animals (and there might be completely logical reasons for that), has always existed, and that being accepting to same-sex relationships has never harmed any society yet - it's useless. They just end the conversation, because they don't want to change their mind. The whole topic seems to monstrous to them... It's all completely irrational.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    The whole topic seems to monstrous to them... It's all completely irrational.

Honestly, any anti-gay argument seems irrational to me. It's unnatural? Same-sex pairings and animal behaviour occur in animals and it's not like animals can be tempted by evil or whatever the argument is.

Ultimately it all comes down to "it's icky and I don't like it". You know what I think is icky and I don't like? Seafood. The smell of fish and shrimp absolutely disgust me. So I don't eat it. I don't tell people they can't eat fish in my presence or at all. I have absolutely zero say over what anyone else eats.

[Edit to remove inappropriate content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 21, 2021 8:37PM
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, any anti-gay argument seems irrational to me.

Of course they are. But it always strikes me how extreme the reactions to this topic are, even by people who seemed otherwise relaxed and friendly. It's like a switch was turned in their head. A friend once told me of a colleague he had, extremely sweet and friendly, but when the topic of same-sex relationships popped up, she immediately burned in hatred and said things I probably can't repeat here because of the TOS. And I've experienced similar things. I'm always like "Man, you're an intelligent person, why can't you see this topic rationally?!"
    Ultimately it all comes down to "it's icky and I don't like it".

It's funny actually how often I hear that "people shouldn't bother others with the things they do in bed" if the topic of same-sex relationships is adressed - as if it was all just about that. Also, the solution would be so simple: If you see a gay couple and are disgusted by what they might do in private, then just don't imagine it! It's none of your business anyway. (Strangely, you only hear that about gay couples, there are never complaints about straight couples, no matter how they look).

Edited by Syldras on February 21, 2021 4:44PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The moment anyone tells me they're pregnant I automatically immediately envision them and their significant other...conceiving. It's almost always gross. People should stop procreating for the sake of my mind's eye because my imagination has no self-control.

Somehow I feel like that argument wouldn't fly, you know?

[snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 13, 2021 7:31PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only agree with the latest posts in this discussion. @Syldras well worded.

Lgbt+ people and their behaviour is as normal as hetereo peoples'. As long as it's between consensual adults, then it's no one else's business who they sleep or have a relationship with.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, where is there vulgarity and swearing in ESO? Reading those comments I feel like we must have been playing two different games. ESO is rated M and yet in my experience is really very tame especially when it comes to sexual content and language. There is some implication and innuendo but absolutely nothing I would call explicit. Unless my memory is completely failing me here that's some truly first-rate pearl-clutching.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let's keep the discussion on topic, which is about which quests in the game have lgbt references. Let's stop all other conversation bc the mods will lock this thread too, and it's very interesting.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, personally, think that to wonder about the reason the OP made this thread for is not unrelevant.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Please let's keep the discussion on topic, which is about which quests in the game have lgbt references. Let's stop all other conversation bc the mods will lock this thread too, and it's very interesting.

Pretty much all references have been mentioned. People are just repeating the same ones now.
    [Quoted post was removed]

Also, this.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 13, 2021 7:35PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allegro, a side npc, from the House of Reveries quest in Rellenthel, Summerset mentions that she joined with her wife.
    Alchemy, a main character in that questline, is also a transwoman
    Edited by spartaxoxo on March 13, 2021 2:48PM
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]
    With my (humble) contribution I hope those players that can handle a colourful story/setting can appreciate the plot concerning these NPC's.

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 13, 2021 7:37PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    I always wonder how some people, with all their hatred and prejudice, would react and feel the other way around if they were repeatedly confronted with discussing who they love, where they come from, what gender they belong to, etc. If they would have to justify themselves about who they are. Empathy is a valuable gift. And unfortunately many people lack it.

Sadly very true
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cartorrel and Wendlain were a lesbian couple in a Summerset delve quest for Wasten Coradale.
    The "Starlight Bride of Alinor" song heard by the craftiny tables is Curatos singing a song in memorance of his friend (Cartorrel) for her wife (Wendlain)
    Edited by spartaxoxo on March 13, 2021 2:53PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    The "Starlight Bride of Alinor" song heard by the craftiny tables is Curatos singing a song in memorance of his friend (Cartorrel) for her wife (Wendlain)

I've seen people talk about that song but I don't remember ever hearing it. I'll have to hop on and revisit summerset today.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's been mentioned, but my favourite Skyrim quest is in Morthal about the jarl's daughter and her girlfriend... sadly it's also triggering the "bury your gays flag", but it's still a nice gay quest.
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn this thread is pretty gay ngl
    I’m allowed to make that joke being Gay myself right?
    Oh god I’m taking my account out the back and shooting it with this joke.
    Edit: Ok,but slightly on topic,I wouldn’t trust ESO to do representation of the LGBT community well.
    There are better,more well written games for this sort of thing.
    Edited by Josira on March 13, 2021 3:32PM
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even still, the thread itself has value for people looking for those references. And there are still some missing references, I'm sure. I didn't see any of the two I just posted, and I looked before adding the names to the list. If someone wanted to compile a list on a different thread, wouldn't be opposed to using that instead. But this is the one with the most examples and the least amount of that kind of discussion I have seen thus far...
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 13, 2021 7:39PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand why anyone is looking for these references at all, for what purpose? We don't list all non-gay references or whatever references either.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Josira wrote: »
    Edit: Ok,but slightly on topic,I wouldn’t trust ESO to do representation of the LGBT community well.

They don't do a great job on straight relationships either.
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭

They don't do a great job on straight relationships either.
    They don’t do a good job on writing in general lol

"BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread was long off the main page. Yet someone felt the need to point fingers and argue. So they went digging.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    This thread was long off the main page. Yet someone felt the need to point fingers and argue. So they went digging.

Less than 30 days and new valid information was added not previously available
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review multiple posts have been edited or removed for Baiting and accusatory language. If you think a post or thread is in violation of our Terms of Service, Code of Conduct, or Community Rules please report it for the moderators to review. Do not derail threads with accusations and harassment.

You are welcome to review the Terms of Service, Code of Conduct, and Community Rules with the links provided.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 13, 2021 7:47PM
    Staff Post
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Josira I think they are doing quite well, and better than many other games.
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.glaad.org/releases/elder-scrolls-online-summerset-wins-inaugural-glaad-media-award-outstanding-video-game-30th

"The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset wins inaugural GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Video Game at the 30th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles."

"The GLAAD Media Awards recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of LGBTQ community and the issues that affect their lives."

ESO's writing doesn't always hit the mark (which is to be expected when you have a team of individuals each working under separate tight deadlines), but credit where credit is due. :)
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on March 14, 2021 8:33AM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe because it's just a topic that doesn't (or shouldn't) need a discussion at all. If everyone just let the other be who they are.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 14, 2021 6:26PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually only a reference and not an actual character you can meet as this character predates the events of this game.

General Menanius of the 4th legion, an lgbt character who sexually harasses Captain Millona Arrius of the 4th legion, resulting in her becoming stranded in Tsofeer caverns during the 1st Era. (17th Second Seed, 1E 2812)

Edit

Melleron and Tarazur in Elysweyr are a gay wood elf and Khajit couple. Melleron is trying to make a sweet rotmead and Tarazur pushed it out the cart so he wouldn't need to taste it. It tastes so bad he faints lol.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 11, 2021 1:06AM
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you can normalize things by not looking for them and let them happen naturally and normally...[snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 21, 2021 3:58PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The easiest daily quest in Year One areas is "Taken Alive" in Craglorn, so I did it a number of times for the recent event. One of the side dialogue bits asking you to please rescue somebody is lesbian, and there was a piece of paper lying around somewhere confirming that this was indeed a romantic relationship.

My excuse for not realizing this sooner is that one half of the couple doesn't actually appear on-screen, and Altmer names aren't so easy to match to gender.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most were already probably said but:

The best quest was in AD if u ask me, we went to pick special flower for dead boyfriend.
    Edited by Jamdarius on September 14, 2021 6:54AM