The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I love playing EP

• gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played for 4 years on AD. Then I switch to EP side just for fun. Best decision ever in this game!
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ap gains on keep takes should be based on number of defenders, then divide that tick amongst the attackers. Make pvdoor not worth it. Make fighting players the main source of ap. That would break up some of the huge ep zergs we see.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    Ap gains on keep takes should be based on number of defenders, then divide that tick amongst the attackers. Make pvdoor not worth it. Make fighting players the main source of ap. That would break up some of the huge ep zergs we see.

I'm starting to suggest removing low pop bonus for over pop penalty. 50% reduced AP for every bar above the next highest faction.

PvDoor is neccesary if a faction is stacking against smaller numbers. it forces them to pick a keep to respond. It's only problematic when running over an uncontested map.
    Edited by techyeshic on September 12, 2020 1:52PM
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »

I'm starting to suggest removing low pop bonus for over pop penalty. 50% reduced AP for every bar above the next highest faction.

PvDoor is neccesary if a faction is stacking against smaller numbers. it forces them to pick a keep to respond. It's only problematic when running over an uncontested map.

In that case, ap gain for the low pop faction would already be pumped by low pop bonus. And factions would be less likely to stack if ap gains were very low for doing so.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In that case, ap gain for the low pop faction would already be pumped by low pop bonus. And factions would be less likely to stack if ap gains were very low for doing so.

Would get rid of low pop. Basically more than 1 bar above the 2nd highest pop would mean no points. Would be ni reason to run the map
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would get rid of low pop. Basically more than 1 bar above the 2nd highest pop would mean no points. Would be ni reason to run the map

So in your case the response to getting no ap is to log out? That doesn't sound fun. In my solution, the answer to no ap is to spread out and fight people, not empty keeps.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So in your case the response to getting no ap is to log out? That doesn't sound fun. In my solution, the answer to no ap is to spread out and fight people, not empty keeps.

They're in a campaign with no people to spread out and fight. It would encourage them to play a faction where they get an even pop during the times they play. Faction change or via leveling. Would require ZOS to be willing to drop the price a bit for the tokens, but I'm pretty sure people have already used them to join the EP stack we see now
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My morning coffee was pretty sweet today....

unknown.png
    Ray
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was bound to happen eventually with faction locks. At some point the dominant faction would emerge and it just so happens to be EP. More and more AD are switching so it's just downhill from here.

AD has given up and DC gave up years ago.
    Edited by Ahtu on September 12, 2020 6:05PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    This was bound to happen eventually with faction locks. At some point the dominant faction would emerge and it just so happens to be EP. More and more AD are switching so it's just downhill from here.

It has been happening for years, with or without faction locks. EP on NA just love to kill campaigns and discourage healthy, competitive pvp.

The only difference with faction locks is that now your huge group can’t log over and flip the map, just so you can flip it back again.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best maps for PVP have three different colors in about an equal measure. The one sided color maps means that the 'winning' faction is actively killing PVP. Does it really require the faction stack to take an empty keep?

ZOS needs to fix the population imbalance. Once it is fixed, then maybe the lag will resolve. Right now, in this test, EP is only 'winning' because of the sheer numbers. No skills are necessary. No tactics are necessary. Are you really wanting to kill PVP that much?

Gimme a tricolor map any day over this one color BS.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best maps for PVP have three different colors in about an equal measure. The one sided color maps means that the 'winning' faction is actively killing PVP. Does it really require the faction stack to take an empty keep?

ZOS needs to fix the population imbalance. Once it is fixed, then maybe the lag will resolve. Right now, in this test, EP is only 'winning' because of the sheer numbers. No skills are necessary. No tactics are necessary. Are you really wanting to kill PVP that much?

Gimme a tricolor map any day over this one color BS.

The most fun I have in Cyrodiil are the times when there are constant clashes along the borders. I’m talking the BRK to Sej to Aless, the area between Ash and Nikel and Roe, and the back and forth from Ales to Bleakers to Chal. But this is only possible on a tricolor map.

Single color maps are yawn. No fun battles, not scroll runs, just one faction farming the others at their keeps. A single color map is a dead map.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »

There were scrubs being scrubs through all phases of PVP. Which included both before and after the original locks on faction that were there at the game's launch.

That some scrubs choose to run away to hide behind the other scrubs is not really a good reason to make things easier for said scrubs.

Especially if the one's they're going to hide behind are still desperate for more people to throw at all the 'bad' players they're gate camping...

Instead it is a very good reason to laugh at both kinds of scrubs. The one's who flee, and the one's who need to cower inside of a human wave for taking even the most basic of objectives.

Especially when that wave is known to break apart the moment it meets even a few pebbles worth of resistance.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just when you think EP couldnt stoop any lower. Pop locked while DC is at 2 bars so wont touch the hammer that spawned behind DC gate. So they send an alt account to grab the hammer and solo run it right to EP.

Classy
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    So odd, this time last year it was DC with those numbers. What a difference a year long break makes!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember playing gray host and clearing through EP earlier in the day. Then about mid afternoon they'd rally the faction and bring in the lag. Became a pretty miserable experience. So far there doesnt look like a performance solution in sight. There isnt much hope for fighting faction stacks with poor performance.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So odd, this time last year it was DC with those numbers. What a difference a year long break makes!

Im not sure we are playing the same game. I do not recall an time since launch of the game where DC has even had the most numbers, let along completely run the main campaign in prime time.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen this type of virus spread in low level PvP. 1 side gets a poplock while the other 2 sides have 1 bar.

The side affects are evil. Players will log off because they have no chance, the other players will sit in chat while the very few people who came to fight will get slaughtered.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I've seen this type of virus spread in low level PvP. 1 side gets a poplock while the other 2 sides have 1 bar.

The side affects are evil. Players will log off because they have no chance, the other players will sit in chat while the very few people who came to fight will get slaughtered.

Pretty much. There are sometimes when you are out there with 3 or 4 and someone in the faction running the map seems to have an ego or something and come charging at your group alone. Many chuckles had last night to this. Really no pitty either, when usually its 50 coming after you from that same faction. Their questers are not safe either.
  • Sassyuke
    Sassyuke
    ✭✭
    I too love EP but wil be crossing over to AD to help balance pop bc we (EP) are too many lol I also do not like my faction owning all scrolls and then gating the enemy.

The pvp community needs more players like you.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

Im not sure we are playing the same game. I do not recall an time since launch of the game where DC has even had the most numbers, let along completely run the main campaign in prime time.

This was PC NA servers. I was a consistent player from launch till about 2018 - off and on since then.

Yup a year ago or maybe even longer (Spring/Summer 2019) DC was often the dominant player on the large campaign - I can't remember what it was called back then honestly. Although, I believe there was one month during my 6 month return that EP won. Then towards the end of my playtime, AD starting making a come back.

Who knows what it will be like in another couple months. The one thing I have learned in the couple times I dabbled in AD and DC pvp servers, is the game is the same. They blame their loss on Team Purple or Team Orange - the conspiracy that two factions are playing together always seems to exist lol. It's a myth folks!

FYI I don't like when EP dominates, it gets very, very boring. What is the point in pvp if you run everyone off?

@ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to keep drinking my coffee into the early afternoon Eastern time today.

unknown.png
    Ray
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »

unknown.png

Only reward tier 1 :<?!
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

Is that NA ?
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

Only reward tier 1 :<?!

I brought my mules to PvP... heehaw!!
    Ray
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine caring about faction war in 2020.
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorbin wrote: »
    Imagine caring about faction war in 2020.

Imagine reading through everything and coming to the conclusion that people care about any of the factions winning.

And you know, not the fact that the Campaign's populations are in an extremely unhealthy state that discourages participation and people are concerned that they'll be dead and Cyrodiil empty save for a single faction with absolutely nothing to do for anyone.
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh just give it some time and EP will be on the forums crying about the other factions zerging or "nightcapping".
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling the campaign is going to be a lot more competitive over the next few months. ;)
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭

This was PC NA servers. I was a consistent player from launch till about 2018 - off and on since then.

Yup a year ago or maybe even longer (Spring/Summer 2019) DC was often the dominant player on the large campaign - I can't remember what it was called back then honestly. Although, I believe there was one month during my 6 month return that EP won. Then towards the end of my playtime, AD starting making a come back.

Who knows what it will be like in another couple months. The one thing I have learned in the couple times I dabbled in AD and DC pvp servers, is the game is the same. They blame their loss on Team Purple or Team Orange - the conspiracy that two factions are playing together always seems to exist lol. It's a myth folks!

FYI I don't like when EP dominates, it gets very, very boring. What is the point in pvp if you run everyone off?
    It was around 2018 trough begining of 2019. Back when the campaign is vivec.
This discussion has been closed.