The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gap Closers not working

kajanzaru
kajanzaru
A few days ago I was in IC chasing down a sorc and noticed that my abush stopped working midfight.
I can't use it at all in PVP, PVE works fine though.

So I asked someone in BG and he told me that it affects other gapclosers too. And what happened?
Some matches later I couldn't use Critical Rush anymore.

I can stand right next to the player and it will display 'Target out of range' for both skills.

That guy also said that ZOS knows but how come I didn't see anything on reddit (except 1 Topic) or here?

Edit: please fix before IC event next week :(
Edited by kajanzaru on August 28, 2020 7:57PM
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    They replied that they tested 1 ability and it worked. Heard nothing since, but it's broken for every target based gap closer and just happens randomly. Yours is like the 7th or 8th report thread now lol
  • sami.uotilaeb17_ESO
    Hi,

Critical Rush not working here in BGs.

I've noticed that if I change build and dont use it against NPCs before I get in Battlegrounds it is most likely bugged in BGs.

Also changing any ability in the same Bar with Critical Rush in the middle of BG most likely causes Critical Rush to bug again.

Truly annoying when wearing a cap closer proc-set!

• kajanzaru
    kajanzaru
    He's right! After
    Hi,

Critical Rush not working here in BGs.

I've noticed that if I change build and dont use it against NPCs before I get in Battlegrounds it is most likely bugged in BGs.

Also changing any ability in the same Bar with Critical Rush in the middle of BG most likely causes Critical Rush to bug again.

Truly annoying when wearing a cap closer proc-set!

You're right! After i used it on NPCs/Monster I was able to use it again!
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem in IC. Crit rush is perma-greyed out in the districts, no matter what you target. Wrote a bug-report including a screenshot. Not even crashing the game and reloading will fix this. The only way to get that ability back to work is to leave the zone (that is: IC, not just a district or the sewers) and do something else. Returning to IC will make the skill unusable again.

Perfect programming with the new proc sets that require a teleport/leap/jump to proc.
    Haha.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Take Flight stopped working for me recently in IC. Failed both against players and NPCs. My other ultimate would still work (Corrosive Armor). Yes, I had enough ultimate. No, my targetting was not off, as I had ample time to target NPCs at leisure. I got Take Flight working again by removing it from the skill bar and reslotting it.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stampede and take flight works but ambush does not work. No matter the distance, elevation, LoS it doesnt work.

sad, i just began using it again.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stampede not working for me in IC ps4
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi. I want to bump this. Templar toppling charge not working in BG or IC sometimes. Not sure what bugs it or how to fix. I would really appreciate if Devs would look into it.

It makes a HUGE difference in survivebility in these zones.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA - Can confirm that DK leap is not working in BG's
    Edit: the Nix Ox in Morrowind are getting stuck in the air when they do their leap
    Edited by valeriiya on September 2, 2020 6:53PM
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Happens in IC and BGs only so far for me don’t know if it is happening in Cyrodil... but yeah any gap closer Seems to eventually lose all range and be useless until relogging or sometimes when un-slotting and re-slotting the ability...
    Edited by celner4_ESO on September 2, 2020 7:21PM
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is completely game breaking. Just went through a bg unable to leap. Has there been any word from zos? This is appalling.
  • tt_rs3
    tt_rs3
    Yup same for a friend of mine in IC. Crit rush. Relog fixed it. Ps4
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same in IC today, Lotus Fan not working
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_RichLambert
    Is anyone looking into this??? Hello? How many threads need to be made?
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_RichLambert

Just wait until the IC event starts. There will be a hundred more. How can zos not acknowledge this?
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »
    valeriiya wrote: »

Just wait until the IC event starts. There will be a hundred more. How can zos not acknowledge this?

I’m hoping the silence is because they’re trying to figure out what it is before responding, though a response acknowledging it’s and issue and they’re looking for a fix would be hugely appreciated and appease most people annoyed by the no acknowledgement and no reassurance they’re attempting to fix it... all they have to do is cancel related threads if they see it necessary and post in the most popular thread their acknowledgement and reassurance a fix is In the works. Would take all of 2 minutes to write that response in that thread... I’m wondering what other severe bugs may be taking precedence over this one 🤔🙄
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah same here my gap closers are greyed out and every time I target an enemy it says target is out of reach even when the enemy is well within the distance need for the skill to fire.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears to be related to the disabling modifier applied to gap closers in pvp safe zones (starting areas in BGs, IC).

Those modifiers used to be removed when leaving a safe zone, but this bug is making them persist.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here with Ambush (Teleport Strike morph) on my stamblade in IC (PC/NA, Khajiit, AD). The skill simply does not work at all, does not recognize any targets regardless of distance. I have not tested in BGs or Cyro. It works fine in PvE zones tho.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happens in IC and BGs only so far for me don’t know if it is happening in Cyrodil... but yeah any gap closer Seems to eventually lose all range and be useless until relogging or sometimes when un-slotting and re-slotting the ability...

In Cyrodiil my gap closer is still working *fingers crossed* *knock on wood* for now.

It’s the sword&board one, think it’s called Invasion.

The mount stamina bug is a problem for us too now.
    :(
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I played a couple of BGs on my Stamina DK on PC-EU. The first one was fine, but in the 2nd one I noticed that Take Flight simply refused to work. Even if the player was right in front of me it said "Target out of range". I finished the BG by replacing it with DBoS although my score was quite low. I did try re-slotting it or even swapping gear and skill setup back and forth, I still wasn't able to make it work. Then went outside and used leap on some mobs in Craglorn, it worked just fine.

This morning I went to IC to prepare the daily for the event, leap was bugged again. Tested again in Vvardenfel on some mobs, it worked. So I guess only IC and BGs are affected; maybe Cyrodiil to but I didn't test. It's funny because I have another Stamina DK on NA, using exactly the same skill setup, and leap worked fine for him. I mean same code, same character basically, yet one is bugged, the other isn't. It's even odder that the bug surfaced more than one week after the patch and it's persistent, meaning it's not reset by simply re-slotting the skill or relogging.
    Edited by Asardes on September 3, 2020 12:31PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's another topic opened here and the developers actually responded:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/542672/bug-dragonknight-ferocious-leap-range-removed
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "we're looking into it" aka we don't care and have no idea what we broke now
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is completely game breaking. Just went through a bg unable to leap. Has there been any word from zos? This is appalling.

I recently saw a note from @ZOS_GinaBruno in another thread saying that Dragon Leap was working fine, no problems.

Should I laugh or cry?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

I recently saw a note from @ZOS_GinaBruno in another thread saying that Dragon Leap was working fine, no problems.

Should I laugh or cry?

I think they dismissed it too quickly, and I hope that they look at it again. It's pretty easy to replicate, and someone has already identified the issue. There is a status effect that triggers when you are in a safe zone, and it lingers once you leave.

It seems like the IC event is going to REALLY bring attention to some MAJOR issues. Ohh well.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

I think they dismissed it too quickly, and I hope that they look at it again. It's pretty easy to replicate, and someone has already identified the issue. There is a status effect that triggers when you are in a safe zone, and it lingers once you leave.

It seems like the IC event is going to REALLY bring attention to some MAJOR issues. Ohh well.

They finally acknowledged it in the dragon leap bug thread.
    Thanks for the additional information, everyone. Just confirming we are still investigating this to try and determine the root cause. We'll let you know when we have an update.

Edited by GetAgrippa on September 3, 2020 4:23PM
  • Lowbowski5
    Lowbowski5
    ✭✭
    I can Confirm on first day of the Imperial City Event on Xbox Ambush , crit charge, Leap , and even Silver shard All are not Functional In IC at all. However if your Werewolf you can still Leap and If your a Templar you can still use Topping Charge.
    I really hope this gets fixed after the first days of this patch I just spent farming Castle Thorn for the Unleashed set. I'm not even surprised anymore just very very Disappointed.
    Edited by Lowbowski5 on September 3, 2020 9:36PM
  • kajanzaru
    kajanzaru
    I read all your responses and I'm glad that this topic took off again, because it's really annoying to deal with this issue.

To those who didn't try yet (a few of you did and it didn't work sadly):

Use your gap-closer against npc's. That's what worked for me and made the skill usable again in BG's (didn't try IC again yet).

If it helps, it will probably not fix it permanently as I got that same bug again after a few BG's.
    My routine is now: Log in -> use 'Ambush' (enter your gapclosing ability here) on NPC -> BG -> when BG has ended and I join the queue again, I kill mobs using Ambush so it will constantly 'refresh'

Probably some of you are in the same corner as me and don't use their gapcloser usually vs NPC and therefore the skill won't 'refresh' (dunno what else to call it)

Keep reporting though, I do so too.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is kind of odd but I have two accounts and Toppling Charge worked on one but not the other. The account that works my character is under level 50. The account where Toppling Charge rarely works my character is max everything basically. I'm guessing just a stupid coincidence but either way it is really annoying.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the charge bug is annoying, but has anyone noticed the "impossible to execute" bug ?

In IC, as soon as my target reaches the execute range (<20% I'd say), there is like 1 to 2 seconds delay for my execute skill to fire (previous skills were instant). And I'm using whirwind blades, so it's not a matter of being in melee range.
This discussion has been closed.