Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The real problem in ESO PvP

• ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    coletas wrote: »
    if you die in 2 seconds with a cheesy combo you prepared bad before second 1 (enough resistances? enough impen? ur hands in keyboard and mouse?) and u didnt care to see after second 1. Then yes... u are going to die no matter what gcds changes, or sets, or level, or cps you have. Teso pvp is fast, but nearly everything can be counter . U only need to be fast and observative to survive (not a random button presser) and skilled to kill. That 3 characteristics would be enough when u play enough... and its obvious you didnt, and just want to change a ----> superb combat system.<---- Is ok, with lag, nothing works. I dont play anymore because of lag. But without lag, this game in PvP really rocks.

what clases and equipment are u using? we can maybe help with that. With being fast and observative we cant help much hehe
    found the line that shows you dont know much about what your talking about and are likely one of those abusing said cheese.
    the guy complained about a legitimate issue of where people can delete you in less than 2 seconds from stealth and unless your psychic or a 50k+ hp tank, you aint walking away.

stealth? Who said stealth???? he is saying about bypassing gcds. If you are concerned about that and dont want to go much tanky, use magelight. There are counters. And no. Im not one of those players. I play basically with pariah jelwelry, new Moon and bloodspawn. Dont matter how tanky you are. If you are not thoughtful and prepared for block or Dodge, u Will be dead, no Matter the enemy is a ganker from stealth or stamden bull lol the problem when people enter PvP is that they think is like pve. Like if everything is a dps race. And no, if u are not able to read the information your enemy is giving to you, u Will be dead against an experienced player for sure. I see that a lot. People shoot all artillery during 5 seconds while u are blocking... then?? what happen Next?? they die. They waste all resources without watching im blocking. Thats veeeery typical. Now look a 1vs1 experienced player Battle. Serious... look in youtube. Sure there Will be many. What happen there? both keep alive until one commits a fail. why? because both are waiting for that fail. It has nothing to be with cheating, bypassing gcds, macros or stupid things like that. its easy... watch your opponent, see where he is failing, and attack there. distracted? attack from stealth. He is repeating the same combo? see the best moment to cut It. repeating the same movements? make he feel un confortable... but hell... bypass gcd?? lol in years pvping the most close i have seen is snipe desynch exploit (is not nb related only since i have played with stamsorcs that exploit it when they want too even without lag and not coming from stealth). teso combate system is great because you can really adapt to your way of play giving a lot of variety. Nobody plays the same way like in most pvp games, and builds cant never be THE BEST, but THE BEST FOR THE WAY YOU PLAY. Only 2 problems... lag makes it unplayable, and they are always changing everything every 3 or 6 months forcing sometimes to change your way of play. These are for me the only problems pvp have (bugs apart)
  • eKsDee
    eKsDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to MMO PvP, where knowledge of both your class and your opponent's class is required to play well. Every MMO has things like this, where you need to be able to figure out what class your opponent is, know generally how that class plays, and know how to counter it, before the thing you need to counter even happens. Hell, welcome to RPG PvP in general, as this is generally applicable to PvP game modes in any RPG.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eKsDee wrote: »
    Welcome to MMO PvP, where knowledge of both your class and your opponent's class is required to play well. Every MMO has things like this, where you need to be able to figure out what class your opponent is, know generally how that class plays, and know how to counter it, before the thing you need to counter even happens. Hell, welcome to RPG PvP in general, as this is generally applicable to PvP game modes in any RPG.

Rather knowledge of the FOTM class and tricks.
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Stop spreading misinformation, combos, weaving, or animation canceling can NOT bypass the global cooldown.

Then please do explain the example I provided above. It's okay if that happens now and then, you can blame lag or whatever, but when the same person does the same trick over and over again, it makes you question... By the way, I almost never lag, despite what people say on the forums about lag issues...

Delayed burst skill >Full charged heavy attack followed by light attack +skill + procset +poison or glyph=6 dmg abilitys hitting almost in the same gcd (magsorc is able to do 7 skills with the delayed execute) mostly followed by an execute or la/skill spam

!!! BUT!!!

it needs atleast 2 gcd to prepare such a combo(1 gCD for delayed burst +1 for heavy attack charge) , if u unaware of what ur opponents do and not able to read their "combo" beginning it will look like their are doing 6 skills in 1 sec.

Also its mentioned before that the servers can't handle pvp areas properly.
    Sometimes u got zosd another time ur opponents get zosd.

But zos is already doing everything to slow down the combat in the future (CD on aoe will be the beginning of it)
    Edited by Mortiis13 on August 29, 2020 4:37PM
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easy to make a build that delivers a huge amount of damage in a single instant. Here is one that I've seen since the new release:

Doylemish heavy attack build. Doylemish is supposed to proc after you root or stun someone, eg if you were a DK you could fossilize in one GCD, then HA next GCD.

But NB have discovered they can bypass this by making a HA build from stealth. Doylemish, HA enhancement, dual wield, Proccing monster set. (Not sure what second set is maybe sergeants or something)

Stealth: HA player. They are stunned. Instantly Doylemish procs, both HA hit, weapon enchants hit, status effects hit, and monster set (this guy used Kra'gh last night) hits within 0.4 seconds

HA 6k, Doylemish 6k, dual wield HA 4k (off hand) weapon enchants 1.2k, status effect 500, Kra'ghs 800

So that is an instant 18.5k damage, plus you are stunned. Given Zerodil lag if you don't break free you will be killed by the second HA

If you weren't a DK like me with lots of resists I could see you being hit instantly with 25k or more by the above build ...Instantly...and you are dead. This guy did not kill me but it was close!

There are tons of builds like this now. The NB HA builds are probably the most effective but its also easy to make a proc build that delivers 5 or 6 effects instantly.

Get CM or other addons and you will see they all hit at once. A new player would be confused about how they could drop dead.

Don't stand around and don't let that NB get behind you...

Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • WastedJoker
    WastedJoker
    ✭✭✭
    Bows are ruining BG. Some arenas are unplayable.

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you can say that about any weapon or skill in eso.
    that does not make it true and is only each persons prejudice.

here let me show example:

"two handers are ruining BG. Some arenas are unplayable."

"Ice staffs are ruining BG. Some arenas are unplayable."

"sorcerers streak is ruining BG. Some arenas are unplayable."

im sory but, bows are not ruining the game, in any way.
    infact if anything bow is the weakest damage output weapon in eso right now.

and i dont see how this is about the topic / thread
    this is about how people are outright cheating and how it is something the developers need to see and please fix because way too many skills are firing off in under 1 second in what looked like 1 hit but it was 10 damage skills firing off in what looked like 1 hit.
    thats what is ruining the game.

Edited by Gilvoth on August 29, 2020 8:54PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I see it, most people don't even realize they proved my point. The delayed abilities are probably delayed because they are too powerful (my knowledge limited to one class) so if you are able to pull of multiple abilities at the same time, I see it as a problem, I wouldn't call it skill, because the player has little to no chances when that combo is spammed, skill is when you outplay your opponent, not kill him with two hits which he can't possibly counter. Imagine famed WoW, a player with gear that he hit max level with, and the guy with gear that he farmed through arenas, the player that hit max level could play better, but he simply doesn't stand a chance against that seasoned arena player, because he will die in those two hits before he could do anything.... Not trying to speak against gear progression, just trying to illustrate what it means to continue to allow those combos.

Everyone realizes that delayed abilities are delayed because they're powerfull. But they're intentionally powerfull , otherwise we would just have bunch of different spammables. It's kinda logical that ability that takes more time to fire off or have some mini game attached to it should be more powerfull then average spammable. In ESO we have three major groups of damaging skills : spammables , DoTs and burst abilities and it's like that since the beggining of the game. Almost every class have some burst abilities and lot of them is delayed burst ones. Being able to create some burst dmg within shorter time window is a core of ESO's PvP gameplay. This is how You kill people in this game , otherwise players simply wouldn't die and easily outheal everything. But when You say that You have no chance to counter those bursts or that You have no chance when that combo is spammed (although You cannot spam combos that have some delayed abilities build within because You need to wait some time for those abilities to fire off) then it's becoming obvous You have some serious L2P issues. Every burst combo in ESO have counters , You just need to know them and know when to use them instead of running like a mindless chicken. For example let's say You fight stam warden that wants to burst You with sub assault+dizzy+some ulti. He starts that combo from casting sub assault 3 seconds before he'll land his final attack of said combo so You have 3 seconds to prepare and move away or block or dodge or stun him , check are You off balanced or CC immune etc. Not doing any of those things after You saw or heared sub assault is a mistake on Your side and that goes for every burst combo in the game.
    Edited by Juhasow on August 30, 2020 12:05PM
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Def can't trust recap, ask yourself how on Earth this would be accurate in a game where nothing else works? All I know is when I have decent latency I still die at times in seconds, like 1 or 2 seconds where the recap says I was hit 5 times but I saw/heard 2 or 3 animations and the time I experienced the death in does not match how long it should have taken. This happens with multiple skills, mainly Dizzying Swing and Surprise Attack a LOT. I can hear it and see it where I was hit 2 or 3 times, but the recount says 5. Just spamming with no LA in between or anything. To me either they don't know what ani canx/weave is, are macroing, or intentionally exploiting desync when I see that. Whatever it is it works because I take many more hits than I see and you can't react to what you can't see.

I just stack well-fitted and weave in dodge these days, about the only defense against this kind of crap.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on August 30, 2020 12:29PM
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

you can say that about any weapon or skill in eso.
    that does not make it true and is only each persons prejudice.

here let me show example:

"two handers are ruining BG. Some arenas are unplayable."

"Ice staffs are ruining BG. Some arenas are unplayable."

"sorcerers streak is ruining BG. Some arenas are unplayable."

im sory but, bows are not ruining the game, in any way.
    infact if anything bow is the weakest damage output weapon in eso right now.

and i dont see how this is about the topic / thread
    this is about how people are outright cheating and how it is something the developers need to see and please fix because way too many skills are firing off in under 1 second in what looked like 1 hit but it was 10 damage skills firing off in what looked like 1 hit.
    thats what is ruining the game.

in what world is bow the lowest dmg weapon in the game?

Snipe is still one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game, especcially because you can just build full dmg since you can just safely stand away 30+ m from your target and snipe them to death without any risk for youself.

Saying that bow has the least damage of any weapon is just straight up wrong.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    Muzza45 wrote: »
    As I see it, most people don't even realize they proved my point. The delayed abilities are probably delayed because they are too powerful (my knowledge limited to one class) so if you are able to pull of multiple abilities at the same time, I see it as a problem, I wouldn't call it skill, because the player has little to no chances when that combo is spammed, skill is when you outplay your opponent, not kill him with two hits which he can't possibly counter. Imagine famed WoW, a player with gear that he hit max level with, and the guy with gear that he farmed through arenas, the player that hit max level could play better, but he simply doesn't stand a chance against that seasoned arena player, because he will die in those two hits before he could do anything.... Not trying to speak against gear progression, just trying to illustrate what it means to continue to allow those combos.

[snip] When you master all that and know what are u doing in combat, you will like much more. Its difficult? yes. Takes many time to get used to keep an eye on the opponent next moves all the time but thats is what Will make you to win while getting fun and no gold superdupper sets.

would be more fun to all have some skills with some damage and then, what... firing them and see who dies faster? that is what you want, like in all other games?

Damn, the only nice thing that has this Game, pvp combat, and you want to change It to the le level of overland Maps lol

about gcd... no. It cant be bypassed while casting, but can be exploited to make It looks at is was (like in snipe desynch)

I didn't mention anything specific, but when you die in two seconds by a cheesy combo there isn't much learning can be done.... Shields going down in a second, damage reduction abilities obsolete etc.

Well all these combos can be predicted very easely:
    A stamden activates shalks, so in 3 seconds he will try to one shot you with a dizzy, medium attack plus dawnbreaker.
    A stamcro activates blastbones: he will try to hit you with dizzy and land a stun or dawnbreaker the same moment blastbones explode.
    A sorc curses you: in 3 seconds he will shot his c-frag and probably streak through you right before.

Those are the most common combos and and example 1 and 2 are very easy to survive if you block at the right moment (doesnt cost that much stamina, if you block that). With one right mouse click you countered his whole combo. For the sorcerer combo its a bit more diffict, since the damage comes with an unblockable stun. So you have to prepare: cleanse the curse, apply shields or hots right before the combo hits you, block and break free asap, so maybe you still block one of the hits.

As easy as those players can almost one-shot you, as easy it is to avoid it. Combos are very predictable and with experience you will learn how and when to counter them.

....and VERY often these common combos are programmed nicely into a single keypress.... not saying YOU do it, but a large amount are.

As somebody else pointed out the amount of people using macros is probably pretty small. Still this does not change much for OP or the guy on the receiving end. Lets assume the enemy player brings out a perfectly timed macro combo of sub assault, dizzying swing, medium weave, dawnbreaker into executioner. For the receiver this means he has the same options as before: preparing for the impact. The combo still takes several cooldowns to activate (macros still have to respect the GCD), so the combo is quite easy to foresee. You still can block it easely. It doesnt even cost much stamine, since all attacks land in a short time window, so less stamina is spent for blocking the whole combo. OP can still be prepared for the combo and will survive it easely if he reacts properly. One other way to counter these combos is to stun the enemy player when starting it. This *** up their combo totally, so that skills can not land together and the surviving is even easier. If the enemy would use a macro, then the counter stun would cancel that too and leave him maybe unable to react to the stun.

So a macro is a very bad excuse here. Combos can be countered easely and OP has a lot to learn how to do it. Thats the biggest problem in here in my opinion.

I'm not talking about a huge combo of 6x skills with weaving. How about LA/Skill/Bash for instance? Or three similar that can happen very quickly? Are you telling me 1 button press for three quick skills isn't being used by many? Of course a macro with you wrote above with SIX steps isn't gonna work very well. If someone blocks whilst the 3x macro user is in mid combo, no big deal unless they're fighting a master
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip] When you master all that and know what are u doing in combat, you will like much more. Its difficult? yes. Takes many time to get used to keep an eye on the opponent next moves all the time but thats is what Will make you to win while getting fun and no gold superdupper sets.

would be more fun to all have some skills with some damage and then, what... firing them and see who dies faster? that is what you want, like in all other games?

Damn, the only nice thing that has this Game, pvp combat, and you want to change It to the le level of overland Maps lol

about gcd... no. It cant be bypassed while casting, but can be exploited to make It looks at is was (like in snipe desynch)

I didn't mention anything specific, but when you die in two seconds by a cheesy combo there isn't much learning can be done.... Shields going down in a second, damage reduction abilities obsolete etc.

A stamden activates shalks, so in 3 seconds he will try to one shot you with a dizzy, medium attack plus dawnbreaker.
    A stamcro activates blastbones: he will try to hit you with dizzy and land a stun or dawnbreaker the same moment blastbones explode.
    A sorc curses you: in 3 seconds he will shot his c-frag and probably streak through you right before.

Those are the most common combos and and example 1 and 2 are very easy to survive if you block at the right moment (doesnt cost that much stamina, if you block that). With one right mouse click you countered his whole combo. For the sorcerer combo its a bit more diffict, since the damage comes with an unblockable stun. So you have to prepare: cleanse the curse, apply shields or hots right before the combo hits you, block and break free asap, so maybe you still block one of the hits.

As easy as those players can almost one-shot you, as easy it is to avoid it. Combos are very predictable and with experience you will learn how and when to counter them.

....and VERY often these common combos are programmed nicely into a single keypress.... not saying YOU do it, but a large amount are.

As somebody else pointed out the amount of people using macros is probably pretty small. Still this does not change much for OP or the guy on the receiving end. Lets assume the enemy player brings out a perfectly timed macro combo of sub assault, dizzying swing, medium weave, dawnbreaker into executioner. For the receiver this means he has the same options as before: preparing for the impact. The combo still takes several cooldowns to activate (macros still have to respect the GCD), so the combo is quite easy to foresee. You still can block it easely. It doesnt even cost much stamine, since all attacks land in a short time window, so less stamina is spent for blocking the whole combo. OP can still be prepared for the combo and will survive it easely if he reacts properly. One other way to counter these combos is to stun the enemy player when starting it. This *** up their combo totally, so that skills can not land together and the surviving is even easier. If the enemy would use a macro, then the counter stun would cancel that too and leave him maybe unable to react to the stun.

So a macro is a very bad excuse here. Combos can be countered easely and OP has a lot to learn how to do it. Thats the biggest problem in here in my opinion.

I'm not talking about a huge combo of 6x skills with weaving. How about LA/Skill/Bash for instance? Or three similar that can happen very quickly? Are you telling me 1 button press for three quick skills isn't being used by many? Of course a macro with you wrote above with SIX steps isn't gonna work very well. If someone blocks whilst the 3x macro user is in mid combo, no big deal unless they're fighting a master

What's it matter if its a macro or muscle memory? A long while back I learned the LA/reverse slice/bash combo. At this point it's second nature for me and I don't even play my stam toons much. Three button presses in a combat game is not a big deal.

Now there are certain things people do that exploit the lag or other problems this game has. Macro or not, the blame for that lies with the devs.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crash427 wrote: »

What's it matter if its a macro or muscle memory?

One is cheating, the other is not.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did You just called la+skill+bash a burst combo ? Those two are completly different things working on completly different rules. la+skill+bash may at best be a part of a burst combo but it's not a burst combo on it's own.
    Edited by Juhasow on August 31, 2020 7:28PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a console player; dont really worry about macros...

But there is desync like with snipe that will seriously hold up abilities then all unload at once.

There are the combos. Like delayed ability, then something else both landing at once stuff.

Desync is a potential problem, the other is like really necessary if anyone actually wants to kill anything in PvP
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Did You just called la+skill+bash a burst combo ? Those two are completly different things working on completly different rules. la+skill+bash may at best be a part of a burst combo but it's not a burst combo on it's own.

Did a quick search of text, and I'm pleased to say I didn't find one instance of the word "burst"... All I'm saying is that folks can quite easily program a simple single keypress to activate three actions of their choosing. Maybe if they are good at that sort of thing they can program ANOTHER single keypress to do another three actions? All executed without fear of mistake or mis-timing. Amazing eh! Especially when the blood is pumping during an encounter. But no - impossible in ESO, and no-one would even consider it.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    It's easy to make a build that delivers a huge amount of damage in a single instant. Here is one that I've seen since the new release:

Doylemish heavy attack build. Doylemish is supposed to proc after you root or stun someone, eg if you were a DK you could fossilize in one GCD, then HA next GCD.

But NB have discovered they can bypass this by making a HA build from stealth. Doylemish, HA enhancement, dual wield, Proccing monster set. (Not sure what second set is maybe sergeants or something)

Stealth: HA player. They are stunned. Instantly Doylemish procs, both HA hit, weapon enchants hit, status effects hit, and monster set (this guy used Kra'gh last night) hits within 0.4 seconds

HA 6k, Doylemish 6k, dual wield HA 4k (off hand) weapon enchants 1.2k, status effect 500, Kra'ghs 800

So that is an instant 18.5k damage, plus you are stunned. Given Zerodil lag if you don't break free you will be killed by the second HA

If you weren't a DK like me with lots of resists I could see you being hit instantly with 25k or more by the above build ...Instantly...and you are dead. This guy did not kill me but it was close!

There are tons of builds like this now. The NB HA builds are probably the most effective but its also easy to make a proc build that delivers 5 or 6 effects instantly.

Get CM or other addons and you will see they all hit at once. A new player would be confused about how they could drop dead.

Don't stand around and don't let that NB get behind you...

Maybe since dual wield heavy attacks are two hits instead of one. Maybe the first hit stuns and the second procs doylemish. Thats sounds pretty evil if true, probably undaunted infiltrator as the second set. Would be pretty easy to cloak up to someone(which would proc UI) and then heavy attack. I just don't see that 1 shotting most players though.

Can confirm I just tested it out, dual wield heavy attacks from stealth 100% proc curse of doylemish. To be fair though its way more risky then sniping from stealth and idk if it even hits that hard.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on September 2, 2020 8:59AM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crow_IX wrote: »
    so there is one of two things here. first there are no gcd, yet. meaning you're probably witnessing animation canceling, which is the skill gap in pvp. secondly you also could be witnessing desync like you claimed its not but let me explain why it could be. first hand experience in a bg the performance was awful, i was swinging duds and abilities would come out 2-3 seconds late, but for some reason, mid fight i hit a la into my spamable and then my ult, but got stunned. while i was trapped in petrify or whatchya call it, all my abilities came out and counter stunned the dk for me. i was definitely in shock but at the same time it was kind of like a joke of performance. any how, i think you have the wrong idea about what you are witnessing.

with that said i'd like to tell you that if it is animation canceling which i'm almost 100% it is, that is the mechanical skillgap in the game. players learn timing on animation canceling and incorporate it into their gameplay and on top of that ani canceling does come with the drawback of costing more resources as you're blocking or bashing in a fight. although i think it is safe to say ani canceling will soon be removed all together as zos continues to work towards closing the skillgap

umm....yes there is a global cooldown......
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did a quick search of text, and I'm pleased to say I didn't find one instance of the word "burst"... All I'm saying is that folks can quite easily program a simple single keypress to activate three actions of their choosing. Maybe if they are good at that sort of thing they can program ANOTHER single keypress to do another three actions? All executed without fear of mistake or mis-timing. Amazing eh! Especially when the blood is pumping during an encounter. But no - impossible in ESO, and no-one would even consider it.

Combo = burst , hence burst combo. And there is a huge difference between using la+skill+bash in rapid succession and using other things in similar way. Imagining that people will program their burst combo and that said combo will do all the job for them in PvP is naive. And yes I am telling You that "1 button press for three quick skills isn't being used by many". Especially in PvP.
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    These topics are so cute.

Macroing your skills with light attack/skill/bash will reduce ur performance greatly. You never know if you want to cancel with a weaponswap a block a bash or not at all - you would need 4 macros for every skill to have all options --> if you want to play like that i argue its alot harder to do than going to a target dummy and train the timing for 1-2 hours - it's rly not rocket science to press 3 buttons fast after each other - Im always impressed by people having 5 stars spending insane hours in cyro and still not able to cancel their skills.

Getting oneshot is either lag - or a burst combo - In 99.9% of the cases where you get killed like that - ofc there maybe the occasional cheater adding some stats to their character. But why would u cheat in ESO - there is 0 price money or any form of competitive scene?

Even I got called countless times macro user just by animation canceling - like everybody decent aswell.

Just look at the things people do in games like starcraft 2/ warcraft 3/ aoe 2 - the absurd level of micromanagement and then tell me its rly hard to press 3 buttons in a timed way... . Or the precision in shooters with reaction times of 0.1 sec- but MMORPG players always have been a bit special - thats why openworld is balanced so u kill the long introduced boss that will kill the world with one light attack...
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG the OP has very valid and obvious points. I actually setup a bomber and ganker, and tried the cheesy combos. They really work and literally takes NO SKILL AT ALL. And it is totally boring. After killing a few unsuspecting people I thought I was so good then went face to face with some random players and got beat up bad. All these 'git gud' comments or saying it is lag are obviously the people who think it takes skill to do a cheesy combo on non-PVP toons. I have taken a high health toon into cyrodiil before who can survive through one of these cheesy combos, and turned the tables and beat up some of these glass cannon gankers several times but since I have arthritis and can't mash buttons like crazy it also gets boring and painful.

And here is the funny thing, these same people who think they are highly skilled with cheesy gank combos, will be all over the forums whining about shield mag toons and health stam toons who don't get killed so easy and want those builds nerfed.

Now I just avoid these sad, lonely people whenever I see them, and if I get killed while doing cyrodiil quest just reset and move on. No reason to get mad or even deal with them or complain actually.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biggest issue is performance and proc sets
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »

Macroing your skills with light attack/skill/bash will reduce ur performance greatly. You never know if you want to cancel with a weaponswap a block a bash or not at all - you would need 4 macros for every skill to have all options --> if you want to play like that i argue its alot harder to do than going to a target dummy and train the timing for 1-2 hours - it's rly not rocket science to press 3 buttons fast after each other - Im always impressed by people having 5 stars spending insane hours in cyro and still not able to cancel their skills.

Getting oneshot is either lag - or a burst combo - In 99.9% of the cases where you get killed like that - ofc there maybe the occasional cheater adding some stats to their character. But why would u cheat in ESO - there is 0 price money or any form of competitive scene?

Even I got called countless times macro user just by animation canceling - like everybody decent aswell.

Just look at the things people do in games like starcraft 2/ warcraft 3/ aoe 2 - the absurd level of micromanagement and then tell me its rly hard to press 3 buttons in a timed way... . Or the precision in shooters with reaction times of 0.1 sec- but MMORPG players always have been a bit special - thats why openworld is balanced so u kill the long introduced boss that will kill the world with one light attack...

[snip] Try ani cancelling in Australia where the latency says 475, but indeed when you press a button the action happens 4 seconds later....Lag in its pure form!
    I can guarantee there's loads of folks both inside and outside of NA that 'enhance' their skills just to remain competitive. Unfortunately there's a type of person out there that just likes to be viewed as an ace player, revelling in the notoriety. I do seem to remember footage of a well-known streamer who forgot to hide his CE. I can probably guarantee they were equally vocal about 'no-cheating in ESO' and readily handed out the L2P comments...
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 15, 2020 3:49PM
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another example of delayed burst: sorc does LA -> curse then LA-> wrath, then charge up a heavy attack and cancel it with the frags that procs from curse or wrath. The heavy attack and the frag with hit you as the curse goes off, potentially taking you below 20% HP where the wrath proc will explode, and you're dead if you didn't take any evasive action.

thats just a sorcs burst combo ??? dont get wat u mean
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip] Try ani cancelling in Australia where the latency says 475, but indeed when you press a button the action happens 4 seconds later....Lag in its pure form!
    I can guarantee there's loads of folks both inside and outside of NA that 'enhance' their skills just to remain competitive. Unfortunately there's a type of person out there that just likes to be viewed as an ace player, revelling in the notoriety. I do seem to remember footage of a well-known streamer who forgot to hide his CE. I can probably guarantee they were equally vocal about 'no-cheating in ESO' and readily handed out the L2P comments...
    Seriously it's been 3 years and that bait still holds ? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/385636/eso-kodipvp-the-cheater-kodithecheater/p1

FYI it was a meme to bait people like You @Muzza45 into comments like the one You've made.

• Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭

Seriously it's been 3 years and that bait still holds ? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/385636/eso-kodipvp-the-cheater-kodithecheater/p1

FYI it was a meme to bait people like You @Muzza45 into comments like the one You've made.

Please note: I used no names in my comments, and all links were supplied by others...

@Juhasow Let's just hypothetically say I was accused of some wrong-doing, and to counter that accusation, I deliberately streamed myself doing the thing of which I was accused.... And the reason for all the pain and besmirching of character?? Simply to catch noobs like myself in a forum chat. Genius!!!

I saw another post (one of my guild colleagues was actually in the zone at the time) when in a non-pvp area crowds of people were getting bombed and killed - I'm waiting for the opportunity to comment in a forum post and subsequently hear the comment "..nothing to see here folks..." It's like watching Lesley Nielsen - very funny.

Makes a cute little thing like a macro to help with ani-cancelling or similar very mundane. Unfortunately I'm not technically proficient enough to know what the hell I'm doing to give it a go, and TBH, fortunately it's simply a game I play for enjoyment rather than a e-member measurement.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another example of delayed burst: sorc does LA -> curse then LA-> wrath, then charge up a heavy attack and cancel it with the frags that procs from curse or wrath. The heavy attack and the frag with hit you as the curse goes off, potentially taking you below 20% HP where the wrath proc will explode, and you're dead if you didn't take any evasive action.

thats just a sorcs burst combo ??? dont get wat u mean

I meant it was an example of delayed burst; how someone might see 5 or 6 skills on their death report, but only feel incoming damage for less than a second. It was just an example of delayed burst damage.
    PC | EU
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please note: I used no names in my comments, and all links were supplied by others...

@Juhasow Let's just hypothetically say I was accused of some wrong-doing, and to counter that accusation, I deliberately streamed myself doing the thing of which I was accused.... And the reason for all the pain and besmirching of character?? Simply to catch noobs like myself in a forum chat. Genius!!!

I saw another post (one of my guild colleagues was actually in the zone at the time) when in a non-pvp area crowds of people were getting bombed and killed - I'm waiting for the opportunity to comment in a forum post and subsequently hear the comment "..nothing to see here folks..." It's like watching Lesley Nielsen - very funny.

Makes a cute little thing like a macro to help with ani-cancelling or similar very mundane. Unfortunately I'm not technically proficient enough to know what the hell I'm doing to give it a go, and TBH, fortunately it's simply a game I play for enjoyment rather than a e-member measurement.

The bombing in PvE environment is based on a bug, where you could take the mark of the worm magicka detonation out of the bg map. There was no cheat, just people who exit one specific bg map to blow up some people in PvE. No cheats, just a big and lots of fun.
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭

The bombing in PvE environment is based on a bug, where you could take the mark of the worm magicka detonation out of the bg map. There was no cheat, just people who exit one specific bg map to blow up some people in PvE. No cheats, just a big and lots of fun.

I agree... it was a blast (pardon the pun). There was nothing to gain from the 'bug' in that instance apart from the spectacle and the laughs. No doubt in my mind that somewhere, someone will use this (or another) bug for their own ends and turn it into an exploit (cheat). Human nature. Then you'll see a whole procession of White Knights extolling the skills & virtues of these guys who 'enhance' their user experience (cheat).