The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Stealing and pickpocketing are basically useless outside of doing the Thieves Guild questline IMO

• out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I think before furnishing existed thieving was fine but now there is so much more to spend gold on and antiquities definitely helps. If you don't have much time then the return on thieving is pretty low. Better than nothing though.

Because I haven't yet levelled the antiquities skills, I'm wondering if this is actually accurate. If you are good at antiquities, are you pulling over 500g per minute on average? That's roughly what I'm pulling from crime on my main. It's definitely possible that antiquities beat this, but given how many people think it takes ALL DAY to make 24k from theft, I have trouble trusting people's math skills on how much antiquties really makes on a per minute basis on average.
  • Guthix_of_the_Green
    Tammany wrote: »
    Stealing is already profitable, making 24k/day

How hard is it to calculate that ONLY BLUE items will cost much higher than 24k ?
    Iam stealing green/blues in between RDF ques, and its usually 22-24k per day.

Beggars, and the likes have just as much chance of giving you blue and green even purple items as the next mob. The only difference is that you are less likely to get a bounty.

" The trees, the earth, the sky, the waters; All play their part upon this land. May Guthix bring you balance. "
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    As for the system itself I don't actually see any issue with it beyond 1 thing and that's just that I find it hilarious that I can go to "Nobles" and pickpocket white 40 gold items. It's a noble there isn't a chance in hell he's combing his hair with that common brush I just picked.
    Aha, you fell for the oldest trick in the book! That noble had a fake purse in an obvious location where he keeps items of little value (like that common brush) so that pickpockets will grab those instead of getting the actual valuables that he keeps in a secret, more well-hidden purse!

That's my lore explanation for it anyway. People use decoy wallets IRL when they're going to be in places that are known for pickpockets, so why not in Tamriel?

I'd almost agree with it if those people weren't in their home villages not known for pickpockets. I mean sure Wayrest streets but I'm relatively certain the noble inside his home that I just pick locked to get into doesn't have his fake wallet all day long. :P
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dovakhan wrote: »

And I doubt that 1 extra skill point would make any substancial difference, much less in the mechanic as a whole.

Yes, it does make a difference.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LightningWitch
    LightningWitch
    ✭✭✭
    With so many other ways of making gold in-game (trading, farming sought-after items, scrying, even zombie killing...), I feel that stealing and pickpocketing are seriously underwhelmed right now.
    Cannot agree to this one at all, only because I'm not in a guild, I don't have Greymoor, and zombie killing? No way are these more viable than stealing.

While I will never understand why fencing is capped in this game, that's my only limitation to making gold in this game.

Pickpocket is janked, not going to lie, but it's still much faster to pull off than cracking safeboxes and shooting zombines for hours on end. I've enough counterfeit writs to write off even the most costliest of bounties.

I need things to stay as they are. I won't be a millionaire overnight, but I will be one within a month, and that matters to me.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Sindala wrote: »
    PSA:
    If you are going to loot chest or safeboxes,
    Please loot all the stuff inside so another can respawn for somebody else.
    So annoying to find unlocked, half looted chests and such.

I really wish we could put this nonsense to rest already. Chests are on a respawn timer the moment the chest is unlocked. It doesn't matter if everything is take, nothing is taken or only some of the items are taken, the chest will respawn at exactly the same rate.
    Yup, this goes for chests, safeboxes, thieves troves, nodes for crafting mats, and possibly some other things I'm forgetting. The respawn timer starts when it's opened and the roll is made to determine what the contents are, not when it's emptied. This has been confirmed by devs on the forums multiple times since launch, and anyone who doesn't believe it can easily test for themselves by finding an out of the way chest or node, opening it without emptying it, and waiting to watch it despawn and respawn.

Of course, since I use auto-loot, have a craft bag, and everything has some value, I always take everything. But this old wives tale that they don't respawn unless you empty them keeps getting spread around.
    Same has craft bag and can summon merchant anytime.
    Why can we not have the Alfiq banker and merchant as permanent pets? They are less in the way than most other pets anyway, think only the house cats and some other small pets are smaller and its not something you will confuse for an mob.
    I get it with the human banker and merchant can be annoying in dungeons.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy pickpocketing and looting just for the hell of it as I pass through towns. Do I get a bounty? Yes, but either use a leniency or use another toon.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. I kind of agree that the Thieves Guild DLC and Dark Brotherhood DLC are extremely lacking for content. It would be nice to add some additional content for these two. Worthwhile passives, maybe a skill or 2 in each. Perhaps the passives could increase the amount of gold you find. Call it 'Secret Stash' and increase the amount of gold by 50% and increase the chance for leads. Dark Brotherhood could have a similar passive that increases loot on targets killed with the blade of woe or something.

I agree with the general premise that Thieves Guild (and Dark Brotherhood) need some considerable love though.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I don't know, man. That's your opinion.

My opinion is that you need to become a better thief.

The only time in my lawless career where I racked up a bounty of 8k was when I was killing people in plain sight to get the Mass Murderer achievement.

You need to work on your technique. :-)

Yeah, and when an 80% green pickpocket attempt fails and gives you a 3-figures bounty, that's the player's fault as well, no? :P
    Stealing is already profitable, making 24k/day and never end with more than 700 bounty as a bosmer
    100 steal - 90 steal - BoW

And how many 40-100-250 items do you have to steal for that?

In the meantime, I can do 24k in one morning, by either scrying or farming. 24k a day is ridiculous.

Besides, believe it or not, there are people who'd prefer doing something varied during his playing hours, and not to dedicate them all 100% to something concrete.

And I doubt that 1 extra skill point would make any substancial difference, much less in the mechanic as a whole.
    With so many other ways of making gold in-game (trading, farming sought-after items, scrying, even zombie killing...), I feel that stealing and pickpocketing are seriously underwhelmed right now.

Besides, no matter how good you're at pickpocketing, you ALWAYS end up with a substantial bounty at the end of the day. I've a Khajiit (+5% bonus), 3/4 Light Fingers, and I never pickpocket anything at less than 60% chance (and usually at 80% or more, plus green marker), and I've still racked up a bounty of 8k in my last pickpocketing spree attempt. Stealing should be a high-risk, high-reward activity, but there's a lot of risk involved, and very low reward, unless you go crazy farming counterfeit writs (killing dragons are a good source of them). And add to that the completely SENSELESS fence items limit, and the mostly useless fence bonuses from the Thieves Guild skill tree (from 4 to 25 extra gold per item after spending 4 SKILL POINTS on it, and that having in mind that blue items (the 25 ones) are very rare...wow, what a fortune :P).

IMO, they should do something to balance it out, idk, boost all of the stolen item's value, add chances for really valuable items (2k or so), boost A LOT the fence passives, add unique items avaliable only by stealing/pickpocketing, etc.

If you haven't already, I would try to get swiftly forgotten up to 4/4 from the thieves guild. That skill may sound underwhelming, but it's actually pretty amazing. That way when you get unlucky and the 90% chance to pickpocket fails (which happens way too often considering the odds) you can quickly shrug off the bounty and go back to work.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wanna talk about a waste of time (coin making wise) - try pvp...

thank goodness there's no armor decay there, otherwise I might be completely broke...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • mystkldrgnb14_ESO
    mystkldrgnb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    >With so many other ways of making gold in-game (trading, farming sought-after items, scrying, even zombie killing...), I feel that stealing and pickpocketing are seriously underwhelmed right now.
    <

Exactly.
    Not every past time in game, not every activity, needs to return the same profit for time spent. That's not how ANY MMO works.

Some things are more profitable, some are less. Pickpocketing/stealing was never advertised or intended to be a substantial money maker. It was included really only because the single player game had it - and makes sense to bring it in with Thieves Guild type content (when that was introduced).

If Elder Scrolls never had it, we never would either. I'm not sure any other (Western) MMO even has this mechanic, at all.

If its a waste of your time, don't do it. I love the fact that its in game and that yes, occasionally, I can get furniture plans and other things I can sell or scribe for myself. Without it, this wouldn't feel like an Elder Scrolls game to me.

But not everything in a game is for the min-maxers to use to max out on. If for you the only things worth doing in game are to max your profits, then move on.

Sure, we'd all love for furniture plans or higher value items to drop more often - but its certainly not 'needed' because, as you pointed out, there are many other ways in game to spend your time if "high profit for time" is what matters.

Also - you're definitely "doing it wrong" if you have so many problems stealing without getting caught. I'm not maxed out in any of the stealth/thief skills and I rarely get caught - because I don't play stupid. I wait, every time, for the highest % chance before I pick and I don't try to do it in crowds, etc. Never really had an issue. *shrugs* I do note that some zones appear to drop higher concentration of 'good stuff' than other zones - I've always had the best luck doing rounds around Clockwork City. Lots of random boxes to loot and lots of NPCs easy to pickpocket and the green/blue drops /seem/ to be higher chance there.

For me, I'd much rather spend an hour stealthing around the town in the little mini-game of 'who and what can I rob today..' then just running around grinding mobs or dungeons or anything else. Farm/Grinding things mindlessly is the epitome of boredom for me and I'd never do it even if it returned x5 the profits. Ugg.
    Edited by mystkldrgnb14_ESO on August 13, 2020 7:29PM
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Skill Lines -- Legerdemain, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood -- all work synergistically for stealing and "eliminating" NPCs.

Never pickpocket BELOW 90% chance -- pickpocket twice, and KILL the NPC for the final loot. Let them respawn and repeat.

Break into houses and clean them out. Pickpocket and kill the inhabitants. Some houses have two lockboxes -- learn which ones.

The Bequeather -- free bounty-removing documents -- "Have anything that can help make me less noticeable?" (is all you need, and check with her every day)

Blade of Woe finishes off NPCs with a single stroke and no bounty.

Monk's Robe "covers up" your bounty for five minutes.

Thieves Guild "Swiftly Forgotten" removes bounties quickly.

Outside of towns and away from guards, neutral NPCs can be in large groups (soldiers, for example). Pickpocket and kill them all -- then let them respawn. Cha-ching, payday!

:smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean if all you ever do is sell the blue/green junk than yeah thievery can seem less profitable. But just this morning I stole a blue furniture plan that flipped for 120k. I can’t expect that RNG everyday but it’s nice to see from time to time. Also if you’re not in a trading guild you’re leaving tons of gold on the table I’d highly suggest joining one.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never pickpocket BELOW 90% chance -- pickpocket twice, and KILL the NPC for the final loot. Let them respawn and repeat.
    This is the standard pick-pick-poke strategy (pickpocket twice, then poke with the blade of woe), which is generally recommended.

I have found, however, that in Vvardenfell (not any other zones AFAIK) you can pickpocket 3 times, and then when you kill them so they'll respawn there's a chance they'll drop loot on the kill as well, so that you can get 4 items from them instead of 3 (they can still only be pickpocketed 3 times though). The 4th and final stolen loot (if you get any) always seems to be a style mat.

Is it worth it to pickpocket 3 times and hope for a bonus style mat to drop when you blade of woe them? Only if you're desperate for style mats for Vvardenfell motifs and really don't want to spend gold on them. The decreased chance of success on that 3rd pick makes your chances of getting a bounty go way up unless the target is a beggar or someone else who's really easy to pickpocket, and there's only a chance that you'll get a 4th item, and that 4th item isn't that great anyway.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you enjoy thieving it's an ok source of income. If you dont enjoy the activity it is a bit of a waste of time, as you say there are better ways of gold income. So I do agree to some extent.

But 8k in bounty, I think you are getting seen too often, or not trying to steal when the green text is happening where the chance is much higher. some places are much better to steal because the victims have higher chances or they stand or walk around in places where there often is no one looking.

In my opinion thieving should let you loot interesting items that you could use and apply in different ways, instead of just being items to fence for gold. Why not have you certain victims have certain special stuff on them? Like special potions only obtainable through thieving? These could give you difference strong special effects, both negative and positive, like for example 60 min of 20% boost to movement speed (able to increase above the normal speed cap) but drunken movement so that your character will stumble to the sides now and then. Or steal special pies that when eaten makes you fart poison gas every few seconds for a short while damaging both your self and enemies around you. Or other such skullduggery, that could be fun I think..
    Edited by Jayman1000 on August 14, 2020 12:03AM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    out51d3r wrote: »
    I think before furnishing existed thieving was fine but now there is so much more to spend gold on and antiquities definitely helps. If you don't have much time then the return on thieving is pretty low. Better than nothing though.

Because I haven't yet levelled the antiquities skills, I'm wondering if this is actually accurate. If you are good at antiquities, are you pulling over 500g per minute on average? That's roughly what I'm pulling from crime on my main. It's definitely possible that antiquities beat this, but given how many people think it takes ALL DAY to make 24k from theft, I have trouble trusting people's math skills on how much antiquties really makes on a per minute basis on average.

I haven't tried a side by side comparison yet. Certainly initially with all the purple items and gold ones it's extremely lucrative but what it's like after that I'm not sure. It would probably make the most on a character that has a fast mount and access to all the wayshrines.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key to maxing out profits in a timely manner through thieving comes with thinking outside the box a bit. The game points you in some wrong directions and a lot of people fall into those traps as is apparent by the responses in this thread. If you do it the "right way", you can pull in around 1,000 gold per minute easily and max out your fencing limits in less then 25 minutes making around 25k gold quick and easy in under that half hour.

Efficient thieving is about 3 things
    - Nightblade with High Magic Recovery
    - Speed
    - Town layout knowledge

Learn the safe box locations. Learn what NPCs are 'vulnerable' between each safe box. Dont waste time waiting for perfect thieving scenarios. Your magic recovery should always be high enough that you have an endless cloaking ability making any bounty you have not mater.

Each NPC can award you two stolen items in less then 1 second. Pick pocket ONCE, then blade of woe, and move on.
    Waiting around to do more then one pick pocket will bring in less gold for time spent by a large margin. If you get caught by an NPC while pick pocketing, Kill it and move on. Its not worth the time waiting for a a reset. Take your one item and go on to next target.

Forcing locks is a must. With how easy and cheap lockpicks are to get you should always be forcing safeboxes open. Picking them is a major loss of money made vs time spent.

Having addons that you can set to auto delete white stolen items helps out a lot as well.

This video is a bit old and the build has seem some updates but this will give ya a picture of how this all looks when done efficiently.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDKPEjb06BE

Up to date build can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/164crXQqtCeNDa6sefWPT3-EjPQM8_qi2Z5MhtRGoshs/edit#gid=1893620811

This build has 4291magic recovery. You gain more magic back then it cost to keep stealthed so there is 100% uptime on cloaking.

The build allows you move 220% faster then walking speed while stealthed. That puts you at full max rapids sprinting speed while crouching and cloaked.

I have both a vampire and non vampire version listed.

https://www.twitch.tv/inklings/video/390912267?filter=highlights&sort=time
    Bonus video: This shows off how well the build works for heists and sacraments as well. Its done on a non magic toon to show that even stam nightblades can pull this off with just the gear alone.

Edited by Inklings on August 14, 2020 4:18AM
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stealing and pickpocket would be cool when they introduce them in some dungeons, where u have to steal from an npc a key to open a door to avoid some trash. Would make dungeons more "alive" and not just trash bins with a 6m. Health treasure at the end.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    azjuwelz wrote: »
    [snip]

I've made literally millions through a life of crime, lol. And the blue/purples are just chump change. It's all about motifs and furniture recipes.

I almost never get a bounty, and it's not even a khajit.

[Edited to remove Baiting]

Hundreds of millions for me. And bounties are irrelevant if you have multiple max TG/DB/Legerdemain characters because you can just park one and log in another if you are sloppy and their bounty gets around 1k, and by the time you get back to that character, it's worn off.

And the Covetous Countess quest, as was mentioned, and the edictstorms in Greymoor will net you more pardon sheets than you'll ever need. I have stacks of the 500 and 2,000 gold pardons, and all my guys have the 100k bounty erasers.... although I can't ever see a reason to use them.

Also, if you are pick - pick - stabbing, you are missing out on a lot of valuable treasures, materials, motifs, furnishings, and furnishing plans. I always pick them clean, as many NPCs will be holding up to 6 or 7 items. It's rare to see the most valuable items they have on the first or second pick.... the value generally, but not always, goes up with the difficulty of the pick. The second I see the (empty) prompt or hear them starting to speak (about their missing items), they get put to sleep. Never before.

It's all about what you like doing. I would be bored to tears logging in character after character to do crafting dailies, or spending all day monitoring pricing sites looking for stuff to flip. If you know what sells well to players and where to get it, it can be very lucrative.

Edited by Jaraal on August 15, 2020 10:39AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SamanthaCarter
    SamanthaCarter
    ✭✭✭
    I’d like to thief players money like telvars in IC
  • ValerraTheProwler
    I never saw an issue regarding thieving outside of the thieves guild. I played for 2 months now and I never thought I'd be this rich and that's for stealing all the time even if I get caught in a city I run out or hide and then use a counterfeit edict.

Just do Antiquities too if you have no patience for thieving as they sell. :)

I'm here to steal things and your memes!!
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried a side by side comparison yet. Certainly initially with all the purple items and gold ones it's extremely lucrative but what it's like after that I'm not sure. It would probably make the most on a character that has a fast mount and access to all the wayshrines.

From what I've been hearing, the money dries up past that point, though there's still some money to be made. Not sure though. Will probably start the antiquities stuff soonish myself, so I can see what it's like. It appears undebatable that antiquities bring in a big influx of gold early on.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For anyone doing this to level up or chasing the Contraband Violet dye: Daggerfall docks. Past the writ turn-ins there are no guards, lots of containers on the docks and boats (check the flour sacks down where the cake merchant shows up too) and a handful of NPCs you can endlessly pick-pick-stab. The thieves' den is just a short jog away.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • ValerraTheProwler
    Inklings wrote: »
    The key to maxing out profits in a timely manner through thieving comes with thinking outside the box a bit. The game points you in some wrong directions and a lot of people fall into those traps as is apparent by the responses in this thread. If you do it the "right way", you can pull in around 1,000 gold per minute easily and max out your fencing limits in less then 25 minutes making around 25k gold quick and easy in under that half hour.

- Speed
    - Town layout knowledge

Learn the safe box locations. Learn what NPCs are 'vulnerable' between each safe box. Dont waste time waiting for perfect thieving scenarios. Your magic recovery should always be high enough that you have an endless cloaking ability making any bounty you have not mater.

Each NPC can award you two stolen items in less then 1 second. Pick pocket ONCE, then blade of woe, and move on.
    Waiting around to do more then one pick pocket will bring in less gold for time spent by a large margin. If you get caught by an NPC while pick pocketing, Kill it and move on. Its not worth the time waiting for a a reset. Take your one item and go on to next target.

Forcing locks is a must. With how easy and cheap lockpicks are to get you should always be forcing safeboxes open. Picking them is a major loss of money made vs time spent.

Having addons that you can set to auto delete white stolen items helps out a lot as well.

This video is a bit old and the build has seem some updates but this will give ya a picture of how this all looks when done efficiently.

Up to date build can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/164crXQqtCeNDa6sefWPT3-EjPQM8_qi2Z5MhtRGoshs/edit#gid=1893620811

This build has 4291magic recovery. You gain more magic back then it cost to keep stealthed so there is 100% uptime on cloaking.

The build allows you move 220% faster then walking speed while stealthed. That puts you at full max rapids sprinting speed while crouching and cloaked.

Bonus video: This shows off how well the build works for heists and sacraments as well. Its done on a non magic toon to show that even stam nightblades can pull this off with just the gear alone.

Magic recovery has nothing to do with being quick for pickpocket and stealing, just basic map knowledge and speed.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Speed
    - Town layout knowledge

Magic recovery has nothing to do with being quick for pickpocket and stealing, just basic map knowledge and speed.
    I see you're completely ignoring the detailed thieving build and videos that he provided. If you had paid attention to anything he was saying, you'd understand why he was talking about magicka recovery: for that build (which is absolutely 100% the most efficient way to go about stealing, although it's not how I usually do it because I frequently go thieving on characters that aren't nightblades) magicka recovery is crucial. Without high enough magicka recovery you can't maintain 100% up time on cloak, which is key to doing it this way.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • ValerraTheProwler

- Speed
    - Town layout knowledge

I see you're completely ignoring the detailed thieving build and videos that he provided. If you had paid attention to anything he was saying, you'd understand why he was talking about magicka recovery: for that build (which is absolutely 100% the most efficient way to go about stealing, although it's not how I usually do it because I frequently go thieving on characters that aren't nightblades) magicka recovery is crucial. Without high enough magicka recovery you can't maintain 100% up time on cloak, which is key to doing it this way.

Well I do better without magicka, everyone is different. So yes I am ignoring his "way" of doing those thieves guild runs because people work differently. (Which is absolutely 100% efficient way for me to steal) :p
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Speed
    - Town layout knowledge

Well I do better without magicka, everyone is different. So yes I am ignoring his "way" of doing those thieves guild runs because people work differently. (Which is absolutely 100% efficient way for me to steal) :p
    No matter how you're doing it, unless you're following exactly what Inklings posted you're not doing it the absolutely 100% most efficient way. That's totally fine, because I don't either, and there's no reason why everyone has to do everything the most efficient way. But it's incredibly ignorant to say magicka recovery has nothing to do with being quick for pickpocketing and stealing when someone just showed you exactly why it's the absolute key to doing it the quickest way possible.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • ValerraTheProwler

- Speed
    - Town layout knowledge

No matter how you're doing it, unless you're following exactly what Inklings posted you're not doing it the absolutely 100% most efficient way. That's totally fine, because I don't either, and there's no reason why everyone has to do everything the most efficient way. But it's incredibly ignorant to say magicka recovery has nothing to do with being quick for pickpocketing and stealing when someone just showed you exactly why it's the absolute key to doing it the quickest way possible.

Alright, thanks for semi-agreeing with me but I am not ignorant. :)
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Speed
    - Town layout knowledge

It very much does. Having unlimited cloaking allows you to take any path you want to your targets. It saves massive amounts of time and cuts out all risk. Sure you can pick pocket and kill without magic recovery but as stated by UrQuan is just not efficient and makes the process much more time consuming. If you like to play at a slow pace there is nothing wrong with that, we all enjoy the game differently but to say magic recovery has nothing to do with making the whole thieving process quicker isnt true.
    Edited by Inklings on August 15, 2020 10:13PM
  • ValerraTheProwler

- Speed
    - Town layout knowledge

It very much does. Having unlimited cloaking allows you to take any path you want to your targets. It saves massive amounts of time and cuts out all risk. Sure you can pick pocket and kill without magic recovery but as stated by UrQuan is just not efficient and makes the process much more time consuming. If you like to play at a slow pace there is nothing wrong with that, we all enjoy the game differently but to say magic recovery has nothing to do with making the whole thieving process quicker isnt true.

Okay but I already know because UrQuan just stated.