The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No more leather from Mudcrabs! - bot farming solution

AgaTheGreat
AgaTheGreat
✭✭✭✭✭
Mudcrabs in Alikr desert are an easy source of leather farming but the big spawn spots are usually occupied by bot farmers. Even on PS4 (and I've no idea how you can bot on a console) this is a big issue. The solution is simple - remove the incentive to bot farm by removing leather from the loot table of mudcrabs / wolves and any other bot farming animals.

eek2mareja28.jpg

PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er, bots can farm any animals or mobs. Ever seen the bot train killing harpies at Silverhoof Vale?
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That would make them almost unoptainable
    They can farm mostly anyting even camlorn werewolf
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leather shouldn't drop from a mudcrab, regardless of bots.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dont forget rats around Sanguine Barrows, they have less hp than mudcrabs and drop more rubedo.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »

If we are going to go crazy and be sensible, chitin should always drop, while armor, weapons, and event boxes should not drop. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabs in Alikr desert are an easy source of leather farming but the big spawn spots are usually occupied by bot farmers. Even on PS4 (and I've no idea how you can bot on a console) this is a big issue. The solution is simple - remove the incentive to bot farm by removing leather from the loot table of mudcrabs / wolves and any other bot farming animals.

eek2mareja28.jpg
    Real solution to this is openworld pvp
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should of increased respawn times to a few minutes right now they respawn in seconds.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • perditioner
    perditioner
    ✭✭✭
    The best solution is to stop anything other than highest mats refining into gold mats.
  • VioletDracolich
    VioletDracolich
    ✭✭✭
    This will not solve the problem simply move it to another easy to grind mob. These bots are an issue, but there is no simple solutions here. Removing the leather drops from those mobs would be a problem for actually farms more than the bots. However, lowering the drop rate of leather from certain mobs might be an idea. It won't stop the bots, but it would slow them down a little bit. Again, not a real solution to this problem, but it could help a little maybe.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the horrible 3 month swing on gear choices because ZoS thinks that's progress and balance, I think bots are the heroes we don't want. They drive prices down and keeps my wallet healthy in this game.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't they actually farming mudcrab chitin, which is worth more?
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The simplest solution is to have eso employees/game-masters actually active in-game so they can shut these guys down as fast as they appear.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    mudcrabs? You can find bot farmers in Rivenspire around the harpies just west of the first wayshrine entering the zone from the south.

In fact, its a great bot farming zone.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Terrible idea. The fact that I can't harvest poultry from insects breaks my immersion as it is!

/s
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never dropped leather from a crab
    Are there some crabs with a thick skin?
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Yeah I wonder this too. Mudcrab chitin is worth more than twice as much as rubedo leather scraps. The chitin is the reason I have a habit of killing mudcrabs whenever I see them.
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    The actual solution is to remove auto loot and possibly add a confirmation window so you have to be more interactive

I know, never gonna happen, but there it is
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »

Leather makes more sense than a Greatsword, or an enchanted robe.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkorga wrote: »
    The actual solution is to remove auto loot and possibly add a confirmation window so you have to be more interactive

I know, never gonna happen, but there it is

There is such a thing as being so anti-bot that you seriously impede normal players.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eek2mareja28.jpg

BETTER SOLUTION: NO GOLD MATS refined from raw materials less than a certain level.

If you raise the barrier to obtaining these by making bot farmers work to farm you massively cut down on active bots. You won’t eliminate bot farmers, not when there is no barrier to game entry. But you can set up substantial hurdles that make farming extremely difficult and/or a turn off.
  • JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭

eek2mareja28.jpg

Forced too. And... and against randoms that took your node too. Not to mention someone who has better looking costume then you. And pvp bounty system, with malicious toxicity oozing from newly formed bounty hunter guilds that just go around preying on people like rats
    I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wayrest 1 normal reset farm
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    With the horrible 3 month swing on gear choices because ZoS thinks that's progress and balance, I think bots are the heroes we don't want. They drive prices down and keeps my wallet healthy in this game.

Agree. I’ve seen pretty sophisticated bots in Craglorn. I don’t know what these guys are farming but I think they’re farming Nirn mats. I help em out to drive prices of Nirn mats and get myself some mats too.

Each of the nirn weapon/armor traits are setting at 15k each in guild stores. I’m driving the prices down by selling them for 5k each.

Now if we could get some bots to farm Slaughterstone ;D....
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »
    The simplest solution is to have eso employees/game-masters actually active in-game so they can shut these guys down as fast as they appear.

I thought that was supposed to be happening.

Silly me.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4 camlorn city theres about 70+ bot sorcs pet auto attacking any werewolf that spawns. Needless to say i reported and zos is yet to do anything about it really think the report button is just a decoration on the menu to make us think they care...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Souterain wrote: »

I thought that was supposed to be happening.

Silly me.

They have not done this since 2014, as near as I can tell. Basically, I think that the reason is that they know that it would take X number of people to do that work across all 6 megaservers, 24 hours per day, and that is significantly larger than the "ToS enforcement staff" that they actually employ.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eek2mareja28.jpg

So true, killing bot will be so satisfying
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Slyclone
    Slyclone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped reporting bots when I realized they don't get banned
    That's it, that's all.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eek2mareja28.jpg

BETTER SOLUTION: NO GOLD MATS refined from raw materials less than a certain level.

If you raise the barrier to obtaining these by making bot farmers work to farm you massively cut down on active bots. You won’t eliminate bot farmers, not when there is no barrier to game entry. But you can set up substantial hurdles that make farming extremely difficult and/or a turn off.

I think trackdemon's solution would be good, or make it so you need to be like past level 50 and into the CP points before you can start getting Legendary improvement materials, as you can still buy them at the traders and if you have higher level characters they can go farming the mats to get you what you need.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Probably both