The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

The following abilities have been flagged to be affected by the AoE testing

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also perplexed that Proxy somehow eluded the cooldowns. Yes, it's not AoE at cast-time but it is one of the top-most spammed skills in organized play and when 48 Proxy'd players collide

You know what actually happens if players spam proxy? Nothing. It is not a spammable skill and basically already has a 8s cooldown.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Rianai Yes, I'm quite aware of that, thanks.

But it still noticeably lags the game when large numbers of Proxy'd players all have their bombs go off in the midst of each other. Given that it's dynamic damage based upon the density of targets, there's more going on than simply hitting Pulsar and checking to see who's in the AoE. It's not as computationally egregious at cast-time as, say, Bombard spam, but its detonation-time impact on performance is perhaps the worst in the game at large scale. I still think that a cooldown should be encouraged since it would force groups to commit to the current bomb rather than cycling through new ones every few seconds. But sure, in the end that's more of an overall skill critique than one of purely performance.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Rianai Yes, I'm quite aware of that, thanks.

But it still noticeably lags the game when large numbers of Proxy'd players all have their bombs go off in the midst of each other. Given that it's dynamic damage based upon the density of targets, there's more going on than simply hitting Pulsar and checking to see who's in the AoE. It's not as computationally egregious at cast-time as, say, Bombard spam, but its detonation-time impact on performance is perhaps the worst in the game at large scale. I still think that a cooldown should be encouraged since it would force groups to commit to the current bomb rather than cycling through new ones every few seconds. But sure, in the end that's more of an overall skill critique than one of purely performance.

Then there is nothing to do but remove proxy from the game, because a cool down has zero effect. Escalating costs have zero effect. It goes off every 8s regardless, and no computation impact occurs until it goes off. Recycling it has zero impact.

The same goes for AOE dots like wall of elements or sorc boundless storm. The CD or escalating costs are pointless. The skills will incur an aoe computation every second, period. Spam it all day long, it is still once a second. A person casting one wall of elements has the same impact as spamming 10 impulses (or whatever the duration of WoE is).

I think they will end up with a global ramping cost, say 33% per cast, or a per skill/ability ramping cost of 50-100%. Who knows, maybe they will toss it all, and go the Thrassian path, each AOE cast gives you a stack of Cr*p debuff. At 10 stacks you lose 6000 health, take 20% less healing, and can only heal yourself.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by AMeanOne on August 5, 2020 1:28AM
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Replace sorc pets with summoned ones like necro so sick of those flappers everwhere.

Also let them do random healing the nearest target of the bird and attacking the furthest enemy :trollface: