The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Should zos make LIVE tests a regular thing?

• kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    If it resolves issues then sure, why not.
    Playing since beta...
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's easy to do on PC, and since it seems like they remember that Cyrodiil exists again it would be great if they can fix it. I'm not wild about the apparent direction so far, but live testing to improve PVP isn't something I ever thought I'd see ZOS do.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Would be nice if we could test sets or ability changes ( or whatever really ), show they aren't going to end the world and move on with some positive progress instead of doomspeakers ending it prematurely.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Can’t ZOS just hire staff to do the testing themselves?

Why do I have to lay a completely different game because the are cheaping out on staff?

They have logs of what everyone is activating for skills. Create some bots that can mimic button mashing?

I'm not sure they play the games themselves, and so they don't have insight players have like what sets or abilities are useful or make sense.

It's hard to theory craft when you are inexperienced in the actual gameplay.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    idk wrote: »
    Unfortunatly the poll is biased by the spin put into it by listing what the OP thinks should be tested vs a clean poll about focused testing on areas known to have significant impacts on game performance.

@idk is quite right about this poll, it is biased.

Be biased it is not a proper indication of how testing should ever be done.

I wish ZOS would implement prerequisites for players to take part in certain areas of testing.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Why do I have to lay a completely different game because the are cheaping out on staff?

They have logs of what everyone is activating for skills. Create some bots that can mimic button mashing?

I'm not sure they play the games themselves, and so they don't have insight players have like what sets or abilities are useful or make sense.

They do play. Not all of them, of course.

This is an issue of numbers and ZOS is not going to hire a couple hundred people, which I am sure is what they are hoping to get, for these tests. Most people won't work for a few extra AP. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    So much people agreed to have completely broken Cyrodiil while they didn't even experienced first test, well you get what you want then
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

This is an issue of numbers and ZOS is not going to hire a couple hundred people, which I am sure is what they are hoping to get, for these tests. Most people won't work for a few extra AP. :smile:

But give players double XP and they will test heavy. Zo's did this a few years ago to test removing CP to see how much effect it had on CP. we loaded the server. I think that's where Zos got the idea for MYM.
    Edited by idk on July 29, 2020 8:06PM
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As a developer, I lost a small part of my soul when I saw this. The answer in ANY company in ANY environment is not only NO but HELL NO.

But if testing in PROD is what it takes for ZOS to fix our beloved Cyro - HELL YES.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Elsonso wrote: »

Sorry, should have clarified.

Play it well.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You make a live test sound like they can just write a memo to the programming department and the switch can be flipped the next day.
    It all costs time, planning, and resources.
    All that time, planning, and resources might be better directed to getting EU players logging in reliably first, eh?
    Plus too-frequent tests just throw people off regular play.

What we're seeing with the AoE tests is the result of a lack of foresight. Leaving things to the last moment before scrambling around for a fix. That approach to planning changes needs to change first.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 30, 2020 2:44PM