Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will you play PvP next update if proc set changes go through?

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
PvP is already a punish to say the least and proc damage sets overhaul and strong buff is just adding fuel to the fire, strengthening ball groups and zergs further with free AFK super damage

Will you play PvP next update if proc set changes go through? 141 votes

Yes
56%
Nyteshadene.ga.kurai_ESOGilvothStxMurderMostFoulNirntrotterlolo_01b16_ESOajgoodyzrazmab16_ESOkojouvalidifyedneb18_ESOSahidomThunderclapSaubonCovenant88mitebaMayraelTequilaFireReverbmolecule 80 votes
No
15%
ElsonsoGTech_1Rhaegar75Apoxnk125xdhboy123West93SshadowSscaleDrathlyOnefrkncrzypopeRianaiLegendaryOaksThePedgeArca94PandaPalaceMajor_Lagpma_pacifierSuna_Ye_SunnabeMidshieldgardstefj68 22 votes
I will play butsignificantly less
22%
Kayshaphilips666_18b16_ESOadilazimdegilxtechnohicactoshRagnaroek93Sanctum74NinjaMykDovahmiimKadoinmzprxOldaranessChilly-McFreezeFlamingBeardKamchukHeresyallSupremeRissoleStaticWaveWinstonsheadIshtharo 32 votes
I will play significantly more
4%
sabresandiego_ESOkalunteDaddySkoalThannazzarTPishekkatorgathe1andonlyskwex 7 votes
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I will keep playing my build, I have no damage proc set, maybe it will be harder for me to compete, but it's not an issue. I play PvP very casually.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Nothing in this patch will make PvP worse.
    Playing since beta...
  • Winstonshead
    Winstonshead
    ✭✭✭
    I already feel disbalance from build "Calurion+Icy"
    Both are buffed
    I will play pvp less
    EU: Winstonshead
    MD-ESO [RU]
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Probably not, i'm templar.... -_-
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    People can actually pvp and not lag their tails off?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    But doing so doesn't mean I like the changes. It is simply the main thing I play ESO for. If my skills work on my lowly stat builds I will be a lot happier than I am now... That said please reduce the power of these proc sets to meet the power level of skills. So we can play both ways...
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless they revert healing changes or buff healing skills individually that mysteriously took more than a 20 percent reduction in power, then the meta will be running as much damage reduction as possible, defile, and proc sets -- in other words like on live, except it will have even less counterplay or recovery.

At that point, it's not PvP when proc sets will be playing the game for you, and stat builds will get the shaft.
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I will reconfigure my builds and make them work well. no matter what Zos will change
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Since Malacath will make a huge diference in a proc dominated environment, i'll stick to my bombblade and hope not too many people will run 30k HP builds
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'll play to see if the meta is intolerable. If it is, I might play something else until ZOS fixes it. If it's not that bad, then it'll be business as usual.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I will abuse proc sets they introduce in the most cheesy way possible to hunt casuals. You say its made to rise the floor? This floor will hit them with full strength.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Mayrael wrote: »
    I will abuse proc sets they introduce in the most cheesy way possible to hunt casuals. You say its made to rise the floor? This floor will hit them with full strength.

Exactly, long have we craved for some 🧀
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really depends how it goes. Assuming performance stays as bad as now, and there is a rise in proc sets causing actually trying to play with stats and abilities futile, while just proc sets matches or are better especially in lag becomes a reality; I'll pass.

I want a game to PLAY; not sit there and just stay buffed up and let my sets do the damage all the while getting load screens and extreme lag. There are better movies to watch. Even interactive ones.
    Edited by technohic on July 23, 2020 12:56PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Can't play less than i am now and it's surely not the first time the game isn't delivering, can't remember last time it was okay and somewhat balanced
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The real question might be will the mindless still play after the pendulum swings back to a tank META or something else. Those who rely only on Procs will lose a great deal of what they see as their "combat effectiveness". It reminds me of the DoT patch. We all saw what happened to the DoTs after that update, if this fits the same M/O Proc sets are just an update or two away from getting nerfed after implementation.

The main problem I see is this feeds the false idea that sets make the player more than skill.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I will play sub 50 BG. There wont be proc sets there
    Edited by Luckylancer on July 23, 2020 1:01PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will play sub 50 BG. There wont be proc sets there

Twinks suddenly going to disappear, eh?
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The proc update doesn't change anything for me.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »

Exactly, long have we craved for some 🧀

considering dots dont tick in cloak lol im going to eat people in 1vx. this change is about to widen the gap so far.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes I will continue with 1 v Xing in a boring and unhealthy patch.

Then the crying will start for nerfs because players characters are still dying.

I must say they did a very good job of distracting the community to the performance issues plaguing the game. Interesting to see that it is not most popular topic on the PTS section. That maybe rather than such another drastic change, they should solely be improving performance.

Edited by Girl_Number8 on July 23, 2020 4:41PM
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will play significantly more
    Yes Im looking forward to trying all kinds of new proc sets in BG's that barely anyone used before instead of just "Venemous Smite". Also looking forward to the new sets.
    Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on July 23, 2020 4:42PM
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Of course! I only need a mouse with one button! I can finally throw away that pesky keyboard 😂
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't really care about the proc set vs. non-proc set debate at this point. I just want classes to feel more unique and be a little bit better better than generic skill line alternatives.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I will continue with 1 v Xing in a boring and unhealthy patch.

Then the crying will start for nerfs because players characters are still dying.

I must say they did a very good job of distracting the community to the performance issues plaguing the game. Interesting to see that it is not most popular topic on the PTS section. That maybe rather than such another drastic change, they should solely be improving performance.

I suppose performance is irrelevant when all you need to do is connect 1 light attack
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well I’m not going to PVE
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I’ve continued to pvp through much more significant changes than this.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'll continue to PVP since it's more dynamic than PVE which is stagnant and unchanging. I might not enjoy getting hit with a million proc sets but at the end of the day it's still a numbers game in Cyrodiil.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's another PVP season of changing gear and giving it a go.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    nvm, not gonna disclose what build I'm going to run next patch
    Edited by WreckfulAbandon on July 24, 2020 1:36AM
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    You should split poll into CP and no-CP or BGs because those are two different games