The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which mythic item do you prefer

TonyDemonLord
TonyDemonLord
✭✭✭
Which Mythic item do you prefer to use?
Edited by TonyDemonLord on July 20, 2020 6:23PM
Xbox NA

Which mythic item do you prefer 119 votes

Bloodlord’s Embrace
5% 6 votes
Malacath’s Band of Brutality
22% 27 votes
Ring of the Wild Hunt
47% 57 votes
Snow Treaders
9% 11 votes
Thrassian Stranglers
7% 9 votes
Torc of Tonal Constancy
7% 9 votes
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote Torc, I used it at first but now not at all. I have all the items but really can't find a use for any of them as a Stam-Warden.
  • JTD
    JTD
    ✭✭✭
    Alternate option: None of the above.

ZOS missed the mark with Mythic items. They could have made something special instead they went for the boring route.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm mostly into overland PvE and crafting, and the Wild Hunt ring has been a tremendous QoL improvement when harvesting, picking up surveys, and running through delves/public dungeons where you can't mount.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't p 2 w
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i honestly don't like any of them other than maybe wild hunt. it's cool for speed i guess, but think 1pc sets fit badly into builds. I don't like giving up my monster helm. and i just feel like they're wildly out of balance. especially malacath which shouldn't interact with proc sets.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on July 20, 2020 2:14PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    i honestly don't like any of them other than maybe wild hunt. it's cool for speed i guess, but think 1pc sets fit badly into builds. I don't like giving up my monster helm. and i just feel like they're wildly out of balance. especially malacath which shouldn't interact with proc sets.

I can't say I agree with Malacath interacting with proc sets, but yeah, in a lot of cases, these mythic items don't fit a lot of builds. Maybe as they're coming out with new ones or potentially change some of them other than Thrassian Stranglers, they'll have a better place in people's setup to afford giving up that monster helm without gimping themselves. That's just not the case now really.
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    Thrassian Stranglers was my favorite but not with the new PTS update 6.1.1
    Xbox NA
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    I farmed Wild Hunt right after the release. I wanted a speed boost so much for it's QoL improvement for solo farming, roaming. As a Stamina DD Orc, it's howesome. Stranglers are really fun to use, but i'm a Stam DD which mean i didn't farmed them until a build a MagDD. And with the incoming changes...

Anyway, the Tonal neck is also really nice (for my PvP setup) and is the last i farmed. I got Malaca ring but didn't find it very effective (but that's my fault)

This is my *review* and Wild Hunt is my favorite. It's not OP, it dosent break anything (like stranglers) as far as i know which i like.
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    Koubo wrote: »
    I farmed Wild Hunt right after the release. I wanted a speed boost so much for it's QoL improvement for solo farming, roaming. As a Stamina DD Orc, it's howesome. Stranglers are really fun to use, but i'm a Stam DD which mean i didn't farmed them until a build a MagDD. And with the incoming changes...

I actually did the same thing. I’m a Stamina Dragonknight so the first thing I got was the ring of the wild hunt for speed, but I also got the stranglers for my sorcerer. But now I heavily dislike the changes to the stranglers so far. Wild hunt is my favorite now to

Edited by TonyDemonLord on July 20, 2020 6:24PM
    Xbox NA
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    I’m positive that they will add new mythics to the game but I really hope they are at least decent and can’t be abused by players such as with Malacath’s Band of Brutality.
    Xbox NA
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tied between bloodlord or torc of tonal constancy. dislike thrassians. nothing fun or interesting about "lol you just do ****tacular amounts of dmg now" no personality. typically replace monster set with thrassians, and monster et is where your build gets a lot of its flair.

bloodlords and torc on the other hand keep you playing the game instead of just running out of resource, so they get a pass.
    Edited by Apox on July 20, 2020 11:17PM
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    Ring of the Wild Hunt is awesome. I just farmed my second one today. One on my farmer, one on my main.
    Edited by AgentZenish on July 20, 2020 11:35PM
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Bloodlords just cause it's made my tank a magicka engine and that makes it fun to play. I've been able to solo-tank and heal my group through vet dungeons (premades but hey) and I never seem to be outta magicka unless I'm burning it like crazy.

Tank Warden so my main heal is magicka anyways and affects group members. Overall I feel like that mythic hit the mark the best for what I think they were meant to be; Powerful but Niche gameplay items just to switch it up a bit.

Ring of the Wild Hunt would fall second because it's exactly what everyone is happy with. I can zoom zoom around the world and pick all the pretty flowers.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love my Torc. It's fantastic on solo builds, tanks, and pvp.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPEEEEEEEEED!!! Speed for days!
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Merciful17
    Merciful17
    ✭✭✭
    Torc because it was the only good mythic that I could actually unlock without buying a ton of dlcs. If I had all the dlcs I think wild hunt ring could be really decent on my gotta go fast stamblade lol
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speed, despite some people may think it gives huge advantage and ring of wild hunt has no drawbakcs unlike malacath.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    I use mostly thrassians and speed ring. In some cases I use bloodlord's embrace aswell, but it requies more gear micromanaging.
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    I don't p 2 w

What do you mean by p2w? It's part of the game isn't it?
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saubon wrote: »
    I use mostly thrassians and speed ring. In some cases I use bloodlord's embrace aswell, but it requies more gear micromanaging.
    I don't p 2 w

Part of the game, that is locked behind a paywall delivering advantage over other players => P2W.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on July 21, 2020 7:36AM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of the game, that is locked behind a paywall delivering advantage over other players => P2W.

While you could say that you dislike having to own most of the DLC. Stating that the concept of extensions (chapter/DLC...) in itself is P2W is an opinion, and a pretty strong one.
    Edited by Elwendryll on July 21, 2020 7:45AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    I don't p 2 w

You mean buying a DLC? I don't know man, I played many mmos and in those I was basicly unable to play any sort of endgame content without buying all DLCs. Maybe if ESO was my only mmo experience I would see it the same way as you do, but now to me p2w would be if crown store was the only way how to get those items.

EDIT: sorry for OT btw.
    Edited by Saubon on July 21, 2020 7:47AM
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean buying a DLC? I don't know man, I played many mmos and in those I was basicly unable to play any sort of endgame content without buying all DLCs. Maybe if ESO was my only mmo experience I would see it the same way as you do, but now to me p2w would be if crown store was the only way how to get those items.

236e17a73d0ae54a7fa423ee156c3dd5.png

Crownstore is literally the only way to get Mythic items...

• Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    It's part of a DLC, [snip] you know what I wanted to say. Using memes won't make your opinion stronger.

Try to play literally any other mmo without DLCs

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 21, 2020 12:15PM
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you just stated yourself, its rather a fact than an opinion. But dont bother defending yourself for paying to win ;)
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Testing is so much more convenient when critical strikes are eliminated.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on July 21, 2020 8:16AM
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭

Crownstore is literally the only way to get Mythic items...

Sure, steam is a crown store
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you just stated yourself, its rather a fact than an opinion. But dont bother defending yourself for paying to win ;)

It's your opinion and you're wrong. You haven't seen real pay 2 win. Wanna example?

Upgrade materials (things like Tempering Alloys) available only in crown store. Best enchants? Only in store. No not in DLC when you pay once for access and then play to have those items. Each time when you want to upgrade something you need to reach for your wallet. This is pay 2 win.

You are confusing pay 2 win store with business model which is pay/buy to play.
    Edited by Mayrael on July 21, 2020 8:33AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

It's your opinion and you're wrong. You haven't seen real pay 2 win. Wanna example?

Upgrade materials (things like Tempering Alloys) available only in crown store. Best enchants? Only in store. No not in DLC when you pay once for access and then play to have those items. Each time when you want to upgrade something you need to reach for your wallet. This is pay 2 win.

Pay to play => Basegame purchase to play the game, Subscription fee to play dlc zones.
    Pay to win => Item locked behind a paywall. (wether or not there is an additional grind to get the item is completely irelevant)

What you describe is just the pure form of p2w. In the case of ESO, the poorly designed grind to get those items is just a specious excuse to argue the way you just do. Geting those items, requires no skill nor character developent or anything. Its nothing but BiS gear behind a paywall.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Pay to play => Basegame purchase to play the game, Subscription fee to play dlc zones.
    Pay to win => Item locked behind a paywall. (wether or not there is an additional grind to get the item is completely irelevant)

What you describe is just the pure form of p2w. In the case of ESO, the poorly designed grind to get those items is just a specious excuse to argue the way you just do. Geting those items, requires no skill nor character developent or anything. Its nothing but BiS gear behind a paywall.

Buy to play - you pay once for access to content you can use without further limit. You don't pay for items or goodies because to get them you still need to play the game and finish some tasks. No sir, you are completly wrong.

Edit:
    ...and content not being locked behind character development... what kind of argument is that? What this has to do with p2w?
    Edited by Mayrael on July 21, 2020 9:30AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    :D I can't belive I'm part of such conversation. You can visit all the mmo forums and tell everybody how p2w *** they are with 50 or so more levels, more classes to play, much better gear and new skills from all the "p2w" DLCs.