The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weapon "two-handed" too powerful ?

• Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    I think the OP is correct 2hand does have much higher execute than other skill lines. 300-400%, Dual wield and bow only have 100% execute & staff/SB/rest don't have any execute. Templar 450% execute seems high too.

Also executioner is the cheapest stam cost of just about all other skills (since it cost less don't need to wait until under 50% just spam it). Might be good to change all the executes to 100-200% and same cost. OP is right, this skill alone accounts for most kills in PVP, all that free damage is more unbalanced than proc sets and snipers.

DW execute is AOE and has additional execute damage via passives,

I would love for my opponent to spam executioner throughout a fight those 1.5k hits are would be fine with me, and

"all that free damage is more unbalanced than proc sets and snipers." I honestly don't even know where to begin with this. NO, simply NO.

Well that is why 2hand has an AOE option that does 300% execute. BTW poison inject is single target so you point is red herring. But the point is, would literally every stam toon in PVP be running 2hand if the execute was 200% instead and the dual wield/bow execute was also 200% (DW might be more viable), and would there be more Mag toons in PVP if destro had a 200% execute.

I actually don't care either way but find it funny all the people who complain about 'balance' don't care when it is something they like.
    The Aoe option of the 2h execute is still way worse than the DW execute when it comes to actually killing anyone but the main target, also the dw exec is undodgeable. Poison injection is something entirely different from those 2 since its a dot and not a real direct damage execute. It would be way too strong if youd get hit by a 5k dot tick when you fall low for 1 sec.

I dont think that the higher execute is the main point why most people choose to play 2h on stam chars (imo dw execute is actually better), but the need of rally/fm for most classes and that dizzy is simply the best spammable you can get for the stam specs that have no class spammable (btw that is not because dizzy is op, it isnt, but because all other stam spammables except for mby flurry on some builds are near useless atm).

Mag should get some way to access a universal execute that would be good imo, even though i dont think it should be on the destro line, since atm destro is already too much of a must have for most mag specs.

Yep DW<2H because Rally/FM is a good skill and source of major brutality. Plenty of classes that have a built-in source of major brutality run DW, and do well. (Warden, Sorc, DK) If DW had a better source of major brutality, it would be just as popular as 2H.

Spin to Win can't be dodge, the AOE component of reverse slice doesn't fire if the main target dodges it. And speaking of red herring, poison injection obviously doesn't belong in this comparison.

Well you all are proving the OPs point that 2hand is better than other skill lines. I actually prefer critical rush and brawler (for solo PVE). There's something for everyone. You are right Spn2Win is a circular AOE so you're still in effect if you don't roll essentially the opposite direction. But sorry I got us off track.

The main point of OP was that Executioner damage is quite high, at 400% I don't think anyone can disagree. Basically as soon as you get someone below 50% health one executioner will kill them. But I wouldn't necessarily Nerf it, just make base damage 25% higher and morphs 100%, 200% execute, and make it cost a bit more. Maybe DW/Bow executes are OK the way they are but it would still be nice if they added execute to Destro.

2h is as a skill line stronger than the other stam weps (at least for offense), but that it is not due to executioner. OP just doesnt understand how executioner works and assumes its dmg is as high as an ult. 2h is mainly stronger because of (as was already said) momentum, because it simply is the best source of major brutality in the game. And also because of dizzy, because its the only viable spammable for a lot of stam specs since all others have been nerfed to uselessness.

To change that i would not nerf 2h though, but buff DW and the offensive capability of SnB with their spammables and get a better source of major brutality from DW, since flying blade obviously is really bad.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main