Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Undaunted Infiltrator change...?

• Sleezly
    Sleezly
    ✭✭✭
    My main has both UI and UU both equipped and fully golded out; jewelry (bloodthirsty) included.

Not quite sure what the outrage is as DPS on PTS got a nice bump on my CP 700ish toon. No, it won't win min/max awards or be competitive in the harder vet trials but neither did the various EZ pet sorc builds when relevant either. But that's beside the point.

If only using UI or UU, sure, the magicka/stamina loss might be missed but at the same time, if focusing on the heavy attack playstyle other stats shouldn't matter much; max magicka/spell damage is irrelevant for the most part. If only using UI, the max stamina is almost preferred from a PvP perspective.

If the max stat is really desired, grabbing a set of UU isn't that big of a deal. As already mentioned rearming trap is a cheap stam ability to proc the set on front or back bar (back preferred) and the addition of spell crit now should be welcomed. Hopefully UU jewels will go on sale by the golden soon.

I'm excited to see these changes come to Live; I may actually renew ESO+ if this change holds as I prefer this playstyle on my mDKs.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been wondering what it would be like to have both sets equipped and get both 5 piece bonuses active at the same time 🙂
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    What about the upcoming sorcerer stamina crystal blast morph with wearing Undaunted Unweaver?

Crystal Blast (morph): This ability has been reworked into a Stamina morph, and renamed to Crystal Weapon. It is now an instant-cast ability that causes your next Light or Heavy Attack made within 4 seconds to deal additional damage, equal to the standard spammable amount such as Lava Whip or Veiled Strike. Enemies hit by this ability will their armor reduced by up to 1000.

You'd lose the extra damage from Crystal Frag procs but then if you cast Blast once every 10 seconds it would count as a stamina ability to give you the Undaunted Unweaver extra light/heavy attack damage but also be a sorc class ability giving you the dark magic passives such as blood magic & exploitation.

Also it would help with sustain though that might not be an issue with heavy attacks being used so much.
    Edited by daemondamian on July 27, 2020 12:40PM
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Patch notes says:

Undaunted Infiltrator and Unweaver: These sets no longer have an identity crisis, and grant the appropriate stats for their armor weights, although they still require you to cast an ability that is not the primary resource of their weight.
    These sets now increase your Light and Heavy Attack damage by 1685 for their duration, rather than increasing your Light Attack damage by 774 and Heavy Attacks by 1161.

There never really was an identity crisis for these sets, at least not since we could trait change jewelry. I assure you: The ONLY ones using this set right now, are heavy attack Magicka builds, like pet sorcs. And it's a very, very good set for these. The only ones who will use this set after this change, is precisely.... NO ONE. The bonuses are way to weak for a heavy attack Stamina build to use.
    So, pleeeease reconsider this change. It's a very old, very niche set - that very few people use for very specific builds, and you will ruin it for these, for the good of exactly nobody. It's not "OP" in any way, but it's actually a set i KNOW people with disabilities and such are recommended to use, for like "easy mode pet sorc" builds etc. So please reconsider this change. :-)

At large, I like most of the other set changes, but not a change like this - that basically makes what we use as a Magicka set a Stamina set instead, that neither Stamina nor Magicka users will ever put to use after this. If you just knew how many have been farming endlessly for Undaunted Infiltrator lightning staves, and if you just knew that people started to use this set BECAUSE it's old, and not likely to change - you would know what I mean.
    I specifically farmed for this, because I thought it would never change. I'm so sick and tired of having to remake every build after every update, there seems to be no way around it! I want to play he game, not spend all my time trying to make viable builds. I actually try to avoid "meta builds", because I know I will need to change them after 3 months anyway. But now, not even 2016 edition sets are safe from this.

If you still think this is a good idea, by all means please also keep Stygian 3 piece bonus as Stamina too, because a melee type magblade till need more Stamina anyway - and after all it's a medium armor set, so it would pretty much go against this logic to remove the Stamina bonus of the set - if you apply your Undaunted Infiltrator bonus to it. Then at the very least make the two Magicka lines of Undaunted Infiltrator Spell Damage too, nothing else makes sense, and it's just another set to deconstruct for loads of people.

The "NEW" set will be Max STAM/Mas STAM, and Weapon crit... the 5th ability will still be the same. IE... it will proc off a magicka skill

NOW.. there is also a set out there call Undaunted Unweaver, that was the polar opposite of that set. Im guessing that they are changing that as well?? To magicka???? WHO F^$#%&#@ KNOWS!!