Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

third morphs? or new skill trees for existing classes? or just new skills

zack723_ESO
zack723_ESO
✭✭✭
iv been with ESO since the beginning i beta tested it and one thing that struck me odd is the summons. why is there no fire or frost atronach summons? id love to see either a third morph of the twilight matriarch or scamp/deadroth to be ice or fire respectively. id also like to see some more summons for the necro from older games like the bonewalkers or a bonelord.
id love to see shouts implemented some into the dragonknights or maybe we could just get more classes im not sure but the NPCs have some cool attacks and summons id like to see implemented more into the classes
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd also love additional morphs or a new skill tree for each class, and new weapon lines.

I wish Wardens would get an additional morph that gave them a pet other then the bear, or even copy WoW (gasp) and let them tame a pet so they would have choices even if it did the exact same damage and had the same abilities as the bear.

Templars could get a dark skill line since they aleady have dark flare and living dark.

Dk's could get an actual poison line and just make the stam morphs of the fire line still do fire damage.

Nightblades could get a true stealth line or something like that, or maybe illusions?

Sorcs could have a line with short term daedric summons kind of like necros have

Necros could have... idk... I've never played a necro

For weapon lines maybe a magical bladed weapon like an Athame/ritual knife, or an unarmed line that used brass knuckles or something
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Shouts, please. Non-Dragonborn can learn them, but it took Ulfric Stormcloak 10 years to learn 2 Shouts. Surely we've already got enough lengthy grinds, right?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Shouts, please. Non-Dragonborn can learn them, but it took Ulfric Stormcloak 10 years to learn 2 Shouts. Surely we've already got enough lengthy grinds, right?

I don't think anyone really cares about shouts other than Skyrim fanboys. Couldn't care less of how much sense things make lorewise with the state of how poorly done some classes are.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 11, 2020 3:54PM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We see your lengthy grind and raise you 3 more lengthy grinds. Pushes the gameplay hours from a solid 6 up to 30 every time! 😆
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be so awesome. I assure you, it will never happen though.
    They would have to make 15 new abilities per class that are balanced and well or 90 abilities in other words.

You know them: Altering 1 ability is already a lifetime's work for them that is advertised as a hyper exhausting effort. In fact; complete ability changes or additions only happened a handful of times over the lifetime of the game. You can dream on forever, it will never happen.

Think about it. Only 2 ability lines have ever been added to the game past release outside of pay to win classes. These being Undaunted and Psijic. Everything else were easy peasy passive exclusive lines.

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought we are talking about third morphs for all classes. Although my numbers essentially remain true even in the event of an entirely new skilline being added. That scenario is certainly a lot more realistic than third morphs.
    Adding 1 ability per skilltree sounds reasonable to me.
    Edited by Dracane on July 11, 2020 4:46PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game desperately needs more skill options. Third morphs would be really great I think, but we also need new skill lines like alteration, spellsword (1 hand + spells in offhand), and spears.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think 3rd morphs is the more practical approach personally
  • zack723_ESO
    zack723_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yea especially since they are getting rid of crystal fragments for a odd odd stamina buff that no one asked for. there goes an awesome AOE
  • zack723_ESO
    zack723_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yea especially since they are getting rid of crystal fragments for a odd odd stamina buff that no one asked for. there goes an awesome AOE

Crystal Blast *****
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭

Stamsorcs asked for a class spammable or a long-long time.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a third morph that costs magicka and stamina and is oriented to hybrid builds
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Athyrium93 wrote: »
    I'd also love additional morphs or a new skill tree for each class, and new weapon lines.

I wish Wardens would get an additional morph that gave them a pet other then the bear, or even copy WoW (gasp) and let them tame a pet so they would have choices even if it did the exact same damage and had the same abilities as the bear.

Since we first learned about Warden being a class, I have wanted to play with a permanent bear, wolf, and hawk summons as animal companions. Let me truly embrace animal companions, ZOS!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Think about it. Only 2 ability lines have ever been added to the game past release outside of pay to win classes. These being Undaunted and Psijic. Everything else were easy peasy passive exclusive lines.

The undaunted skll line was in the game when it was launched. I recall using the taunt to tank and that orbs were in the game when doing AA and HRC when they launched less than two months after the game came out.

About a year into the game Zos added the passives. Here is a thread from June 2014 where a player talks about being challenged leveling up the skill line.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/111609/undaunted-skill-line-how-do-you-level-this
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/471144/4th-class-skill-line-or-third-ability-morph#latest

This poll I made in 2019. It is not much, only 67 participants but majority agrees that a third morph is the way to go, and I personaly believe so.

Having to lvl up a whole skill line with different morhp is tiresome. I believe all skills should be divided to damage or utility or a mx in between. If you have 3 morphs, you can have a morph for tanks/healer, magicka DD, and stamina DD.

I'm hoping zos consider this for next year project plan. Like first quarter would add morphs for classes, second quarter for weapons, third quarter for guilds, and last for whatever left.
    Edited by universal_wrath on July 23, 2020 7:03PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very good point.

I also doubt Zos will go for morphs of the current morphs. While that would triple the skill points needed for each related skill, the bigger issue would be balance. Zos is already challenged with balancing what we have. This would significantly increase those challenges.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you pay cash, you can learn any shout in an instant.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have way too many skills to choose from, we certainly don't need more morphs. While there is a room for a new skill tree, e.g. a new weapon line, classes are already well equipped. Adding more morphs would require complete rebalance of all existing class skills and would lead to utter chaos.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr