The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

4th class skill line or third ability morph

universal_wrath
universal_wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
As some morphs feel lacking or unappleaing or maybe just over used and powered. New class skill lines or an additional skill morph would surely change the playstyle of all classes to more diverse and unique set ups.

4th class skill line or third ability morph 67 votes

Agree, because...
65%
Stxnihoumab14_ESOrileynotzb14_ESOAelorinGTech_1DemonDruagaVeritasWaitsXvorgEmma_OverloadApheriusKlingenliedSnowZeniaGeorgeBlackrafaelcsmaiasusmitdsJinMoriTasearVizikulSilverIce58Neloth 44 votes
Disagree, because...
34%
DeadlyRecluseMaulkinidkChelotechnohicArtemiisiaMinnoCadburyRaddlemanNumber7AntonShanJuhasowLadislaoVietfoxMarcoPolo184BooPerScOOperMuSE_nr1IskiabBeffagornlukoiWyrd88 23 votes
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, because...
    Rather than changing tank morph to dps or heal, why not create new morphs/skill to use for that purpose
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Additional morphs could be cool but no more class skill lines please. 3 is enough.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would too like more stam and mag morphs of skills but no more class skill lines.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets make a petition for 1 more ability in bar.
    Edited by zvavi on April 27, 2019 12:40PM
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, because...
    3rd Ability Morph seems to be the most promising. It would help bridge the gap in cases where a Stam or Mag morph are either lacking or are rarely, if ever, used. Great example would be crystal frags getting some sort of stam morph as a weapon skill projectile or something of that sort.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. And i eagerly await a magicka morph for vigor!...
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, because...
    idk
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk. On live stream they were talking about all 4 original classes (NB, DK, Sorc, Templar) that their 3 skill lines were not originally designed as DPS , Tank, Healer skill line.
    New classes - Warden & Necro were designed with that in mind from the start. So we might see some changes in the future.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree, because...
    It's not needed. Increasing the overall amount of skills just increases the amount of skills that will become useless because we will still have 10 slots so new skills will deserve their place there only if they'll beat currently existing ones. Each class have 30 class abilities when we include every morph as 1 ability. That is more then enough if ZoS would just did decent job at redesigning and balancing currently existing abiities.
  • Fermian
    Fermian
    ✭✭✭
    Imo all class skills should have at least one stam morph.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, because...
    Idk. On live stream they were talking about all 4 original classes (NB, DK, Sorc, Templar) that their 3 skill lines were not originally designed as DPS , Tank, Healer skill line.
    New classes - Warden & Necro were designed with that in mind from the start. So we might see some changes in the future.

This is true, it was during the Q&A part. They stated the original 4 classes were designed along with the lore and the Warden and Necro were designed along the DPS/Tank/heal skill line thoughts. I am hoping to see some change but how much can you do to the original 4 classes without gutting them and starting over.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree, because...
    I don’t see a point in a 4th skill line when I can’t fit all the abilities I want now from 3 skill lines.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, because...

Hoping so
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, because...
    KappaKid83 wrote: »

This is true, it was during the Q&A part. They stated the original 4 classes were designed along with the lore and the Warden and Necro were designed along the DPS/Tank/heal skill line thoughts. I am hoping to see some change but how much can you do to the original 4 classes without gutting them and starting over.

They are exploring options for them though.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree, because...
    Current system still has dead skills/morphs. Additional morphs/skills would make that more pronounced.

Till they get a better handle, my vote is on no.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree, because...
    I disagreed because it is nothing more than OP saying the are wanting more for the sake of having more. It also ignores that we got more last year with a skill line available to all.

I prefer quality over quantity and Zos working to keep the existing skill lines, and related skills relevant.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree, because...
    We need more general skill lines that everyone has access to. For example it's been 5 years with the same weapons, magicka should have gotten another weapon by now.

Psijic Skill line was a nice addition, but it's the only real general skill line we have got during the last 5 years...

I know new classes sell the content (Warden and Necromancer), but I want something that I can use with my current class, shake the meta a little bit...
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree, because...
    There are so many dead skills and morphs to look at before we start adding new ones.

Also that work you want done, well it’s simply not gonna happen. Any new stuff ZOS develops is behind a paywall yet classes (except Warden) are part of the base game. They are not gonna spend 2 months developing new skills and lines to give it away for free. If they build new lines, like psijic it will be part of a paid extension. So it’s hardly worth discussing
    EU | PC | AD
  • spacebandit
    spacebandit
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree, because...
    The more you add the more they have to balance and it seems they have enough trouble already.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree, because...
    No because we're five years in and they've rebalanced every skill and morph who knows how many times. 3rd morphs and Gina would have a stroke writing patch notes.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where would all these new skill points come from?
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, because...
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

like always... skyshards, quests, event dungs, dungs etc...
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disagree, because...
    There's no need for a 3rd ability morph--just make the base ability competitive with the morph options.

For example, take templar sweeps. Currently you have:
    Base skill: Magicka spammable
    Morph 1: Add heal to magicka spammable
    Morph 2: Convert to stamina, add minor buff

This could easily be converted to:
    Base skill: magicka spammable with a heal (i.e. Morph 1 in current system)
    Morph 1: remove heal, convert to stamina with minor buff
    Morph 2: Keep as magicka spammable, remove buff and tweak skill (add a buff, add a CC, etc.--this is the new "third" morph).

Essentially, the base skill is dead design space on most skills--making the base on-par with the morphs gives you "3 morphs" without redesigning the UI or anything.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

like always... skyshards, quests, event dungs, dungs etc...

If you had a 4th morph to all skills, you'd need a heck of a lot more skill points than what's already offered...plus most people already have all their skill points allocated. So if we added this 4th morph are you wanting people to drop some of their current skills to get extra points, or will ZOS have to add a bunch of new quests/skyshards/dungeons like you suggested?
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, because...
    4th class skill line, but I want most of them to be purely cosmetic/role playing. More like emotes that are tied to classes, and some stuff like persuasive will passive that should help with some quests.

Imagine wardens can sense where the plants are without any help from crafting passives, and they see them on the map.

Or sorcerers make portals that can only be used inside the cities.

Necros can summon their latest kill to dance for them and entertain them.

Anything that doesnt directly interfere with numbers and battles.
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, because...
    Anything that gives more options is good. I've seen a few people saying just rework dead morphs, but dead is just in the opinion of the endgame, not in everyone's opinion. People might still be using those morphs, and taking those away is bad. Give more content/choices, not just better ones. I'm also only in favor of third mophs, not fourth class skill line. That will be too much work, stray away from the goal of the class in general and might make the other three skill lines redundant.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no need for a 3rd ability morph--just make the base ability competitive with the morph options.

For example, take templar sweeps. Currently you have:
    Base skill: Magicka spammable
    Morph 1: Add heal to magicka spammable
    Morph 2: Convert to stamina, add minor buff

This could easily be converted to:
    Base skill: magicka spammable with a heal (i.e. Morph 1 in current system)
    Morph 1: remove heal, convert to stamina with minor buff
    Morph 2: Keep as magicka spammable, remove buff and tweak skill (add a buff, add a CC, etc.--this is the new "third" morph).

Essentially, the base skill is dead design space on most skills--making the base on-par with the morphs gives you "3 morphs" without redesigning the UI or anything.

That Idea is awesome. Instead of an increase in power you would get more possibilities, I like that very much.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Vigawatt
    Vigawatt
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, because...
    I agree with more morphs. I would love more variety with combat pets because summoning is my favorite. Choosing between clanfear and scamp is great, so expand that where instead of choosing between two winged twilights there is a winged twilight and something else. Or instead of two storm atronachs, one storm and one air.

I don't play a warden so I don't know their morphs, but I'm sure those could be expanded to choose between more creatures as well.