The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Undaunted Skill Line - How do you level this?

AngryWolf
AngryWolf
✭✭✭
I have the hardest time leveling the undaunted skill line. Could it be because I missed the group dungeon in the first area(Fungal Grotto)? Is it worth going back at level 41 and doing it?

It says to do dungeons and I hit every dungeon but that one. Is it group dungeons that level it?

Just have no idea how to get this skill tree to level. I have no problems with other skills tree's at all. Maybe how it levels needs to be rethought?
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    Making Dungeons. (not solo, but group dungeons).
    NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go ahead and run the dungeon. Each non-vet dungeon rewards a skillpoint on completion.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievements earned from 4 man group dungeons are the only way to level it. It says that when you put the cursor over the exp bar for the skill line. Just doing the dungeon isn't enough, you need to complete the achievements. I think they said craglorn trials do as wel.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on June 17, 2014 12:23AM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the skills even worth it?
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    not a clue, mine is sitting at lvl one. I guess you can look at it as a long term goal to work on once you have all the rest leveled
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'll take another look at the skill tree to see if it's worth it in the long run.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skill POINTS 1 per each.

The answer to that is YES VERY worth it. There is a good story for each dungeon. Each dungeon is a true test of groups.

When I 1st did banishing cells that dungeon was so damn hard but I learned to play through that dungeon and it made me a better player.

The dungeons get harder and harder each tier which simply just makes me a better player.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »

Skill POINTS 1 per each.

The answer to that is YES VERY worth it. There is a good story for each dungeon. Each dungeon is a true test of groups.

When I 1st did banishing cells that dungeon was so damn hard but I learned to play through that dungeon and it made me a better player.

The dungeons get harder and harder each tier which simply just makes me a better player.

Sorry. I mean the abilities from the undaunted skill line.
  • Khami
    Khami
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Veteran Dungeons also give skill points, same as the normal ones.

In order to max out the skill line, you will have to do the vet dungeons several times to get the achievements for killing x of certain things in certain runs.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »

Skill POINTS 1 per each.

Sorry. I mean the abilities from the undaunted skill line.

Blood Altar is a nice early-level heal. Don't see it as much in veteran content.

I've used Trapping Webs as another form of ranged snare, but my nightblade archer is knee deep in those.

Inner Fire is the second taunt of the game, and arguably the most powerful, as it can reach out to 28 meters with morph.

Bone Shield is apparently the best pure tank ability in the game.

Never seen any talk on Necrotic Orb, so no impact, no idea.

Out of the list, I would say Inner Fire and Bone Shield are definitely worth it.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, some of them are, specifically Inner Fire. Inner Fire is a ranged taunt that costs Magicka. It's one of two taunts in the game, along with Puncture from the 1h/shield line. Puncture costs stamina however, and must be used in melee range. A ranged taunt is very useful for some bosses.

The Bone Shield and it's synergy can come in handy sometimes too.

EDIT: Just for the record, I got to almost level 4 just by doing all the dungeons for the first three zones of each faction.
    Edited by Worstluck on June 17, 2014 1:13AM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops, mispost.
    Edited by Ser Lobo on June 17, 2014 1:37AM

XBOX NA

• Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're a tank, you'll find the skills very valuable.

Do all the dungeons in your first faction and you will basically have Inner fire, finish all dungeons in all factions and voila it's level 10.

Public Dungeon and Group Dungeon's quests should be completed, along with achievements from all dungeons, including solo dungeons. Check the Undaunted and dungeons achievements for a more detailed idea of what you could do to level it.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »
    If you're a tank, you'll find the skills very valuable.

Do all the dungeons in your first faction and you will basically have Inner fire, finish all dungeons in all factions and voila it's level 10.

Public Dungeon and Group Dungeon's quests should be completed, along with achievements from all dungeons, including solo dungeons. Check the Undaunted and dungeons achievements for a more detailed idea of what you could do to level it.
    Wait, do public dungeon achievements count towards advancing it? I thought it was only group dungeons. I'd be pleased to be wrong about that.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryWolf wrote: »
    Just have no idea how to get this skill tree to level.
    Look at the tool tip ...