The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New set from Q3 dlc

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that noticed the Divines trait says 9.1% there versus 7.5%? I'm a tiny bit nervous on why that is the case.

They said on the stream that they were using a dev build. So the numbers on the sets are most likely over-inflated.

Ahh nevermind then.

111229 AoE damage is probably an inflated number as well. :)
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No class whines as much and sees as many monster in the closet.
    Constantly claiming things are being stolen from them, even though these "stolen" things work better on them than on any other class. Vampire passives? Work best in the hands of a nightblade. This set? Stacks even better with a nightblade.

The only thing that was ever truly stolen from nightblades was mass hysteria with circle of protection. That was indeed outrageous, simply because Mass Hysteria is now the only stun in the game that does nothing else but stun.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that noticed the Divines trait says 9.1% there versus 7.5%? I'm a tiny bit nervous on why that is the case.

They said on the stream that they were using a dev build. So the numbers on the sets are most likely over-inflated.

I so wanted to believe that they buff traits since we have so many underpowered traits. :neutral:
    9.1% seems an odd number though, so it seems fishy indeed. So would have loved to see infused and many others buffed.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • WombatNipples65
    WombatNipples65
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

I so wanted to believe that they buff traits since we have so many underpowered traits. :neutral:
    9.1% seems an odd number though, so it seems fishy indeed. So would have loved to see infused and many others buffed.

It would be nice to see some of the more "under performing" traits get a buff. Invigorating, nirnhoned (on armor) and maybe infused as well. Could make the build diversity much better than what it is right now.
    PC EU
    Wômbat - Khajiit Magicka Nightblade - AR50
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No class whines as much and sees as many monster in the closet.
    Constantly claiming things are being stolen from them, even though these "stolen" things work better on them than on any other class. Vampire passives? Work best in the hands of a nightblade. This set? Stacks even better with a nightblade.

The only thing that was ever truly stolen from nightblades was mass hysteria with circle of protection. That was indeed outrageous, simply because Mass Hysteria is now the only stun in the game that does nothing else but stun.

Actually, in my experience magsorc mains seem to whine a lot more. Just do a forum search for "pet sorcs are dead" or "RIP pet sorcs" for a laugh (keeping in mind that pretty much any BG you enter will be at least half petsorcs.) To them the sky is always falling, despite the fact that their class is always at or near the top.

For some reason they also like to go onto other class threads and downplay the problems said class is having, in what I can only assume is an attempt to keep these other classes down. For example, pretty much any magblade thread — pick one and read through it, and sooner or later you'll run into magsorcs trying to convince you that magblades are "top tier" and don't need to be fixed, lol.

As far as NBs not being "stolen from" or whatever — the current devs raided the NB toolkit at about the same time wardens came out, removing NB buffs & giving them to wardens. (i.e. no Minor Berserk on Merciless, put it on Bird of Prey; Major Fracture was too much on a single target NB skill, but perfectly fine on a hard hitting AOE Warden ability). Mass Hysteria is not just available to every class, but the generic version is better than the NB version. Bound Armaments is a rip-off of Merciless (with a couple of quality of life improvements that most NBs would welcome). The easy access to invisibility definitely steps on the NB toolkit a bit, however it would have been much worse if ZOS didn't add the absurd cost increases.

Someone wrote up a post a while back listing all of the things removed or copied from the NB toolkit and given to either all classes or just some individually, and the list is longer than you'd probably think. (It kinda seemed like NB might have been the previous combat team's baby, based on how unique the toolkit was.) That's obviously not the case now — there's nearly zero disagreement about the fact that magblade is the worst class in the game and it still gets worse every patch.

In any case, I don't know that I see this set as "stealing" a NB ability per se, but it definitely is straight up copying one (and improving on it a bit) and it's definitely lazy & unimaginative — i.e. just more of the same. As a magblade main I'd just like to see ZOS fix my class.
    Edited by Langeston on July 12, 2020 7:49PM
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭

Ahh nevermind then.

111229 AoE damage is probably an inflated number as well. :)

I don't follow what that is in reference to. The live itself? Didn't see it, so...
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the other monster set is an interesting new frost damage set *fingers crossed*

Also looking forward to the new potion heavy set for some interesting nb builds
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be nice to see some of the more "under performing" traits get a buff. Invigorating, nirnhoned (on armor) and maybe infused as well. Could make the build diversity much better than what it is right now.
    Yep, invigorating in particular. Right now, it can give (when on all pcs of armour) 88 stam / mag / health recevery (7 armour + 1 shield). I think that is kinda low for a trait. Is should be more consistant and give 129 (set bonus) or 169 (jewelery bonus) when on all pcs on armour.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 13, 2020 6:16AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, invigorating in particular. Right now, it can give (when on all pcs of armour) 88 stam / mag / health recevery (7 armour + 1 shield). I think that is kinda low for a trait. Is should be more consistant and give 129 (set bonus) or 169 (jewelery bonus) when on all pcs on armour.

The problem here is that if you use a recovery Mundus Stone like the Atronach, it gives 238 recovery of a single resource, so each piece of divines adds 17.85. A full set of 8 divines gives 142 single stat recovery, which would not be balanced with an alternate trait giving 129 or 169 tri stat recovery.

Now the argument could be made for a buff to the Atronach/Serpent/Steed stones to increase their base value to around 300 (maybe also increase Warrior and Apprentice). Then each piece of divines would add 22.5 single stat recovery, 8 pieces would total 180 single stat recovery, and 129 tri stat from 8 invigorating would be much more reasonable in comparison.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 13, 2020 6:27AM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, there was some other mention on this already. But the other set they showed had some 100k+ number on it. The dev's had some stupid crazy buffs on. 44 Ulti is a TON for both PvE and PvP applications. We'll see tomorrow how much it really is. I'm betting something like 11 in reality.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divines should give slightly less than a pure trait for the added utility ..

It would also be nice if they added a crit resist standing stone